PDA

View Full Version : Forums structure

Ivan
02-16-2012, 06:38 PM
What kind of forum sections you'd like? Current single forum is only placeholder - i'll move all threads to right sections once they are created.

kolo
02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I'll do with the basics.

About / feedback

Offtopic (add other offtops after it grows like):
- the offtopic is so off that it's totally offtopic (aka boobiez~!)
- some specific offtops that grow with time (other than boobiez): games, music, movies... stuff like that

user powered DL (do what you want with this, just have 18+ and normal sections separated)

The Shoutbox - every proper forum needs one.

Ivan
02-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Shoutbox is really nice idea.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 07:20 PM
You should most probably make subforums for every english translated game you have uploaded, also one big for discussion on jap games, maybe a corner where we can talk about learning japanese. A FAQ thread about applocale , switching to jap location. Also im really glad forum is finally here. If u need help give us a sign (or me at least , i will try to do what i can , i have lots of free time at my hands atm[and most probably for the next few months]).

KuroReishin
02-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Graphic section. Wallpapers, signatures, drawing arts, digital arts, and stuffs.
Also, Void section (Where people have small talks, forum games and stuffs.)

Gelkhir
02-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I agree with the sections on jap games and learning Japanese also maybe one for games that are currently being translated with links to the sites that are doing it

Ivan
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
You should most probably make subforums for every english translated game you have uploaded
You can discuss the games that i already uploaded by posting comments on their respective article pages (there are some technical details here, but basically every article is separate thread)

I really like ideas posted so far in this thread. Keep 'em comming!

KuroReishin
02-16-2012, 07:27 PM
How about news and updates about the new and upcoming releases?

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 07:28 PM
You can discuss the games that i already uploaded by posting comments on their respective article pages (there are some technical details here, but basically every article is separate thread)

I really like ideas posted so far in this thread. Keep 'em comming!
Its true that we can discuss the games by posting comments , but some people just wont even try to read comments before asking xth time about something not working etc, also i think its easier to discuss on forum after all thats what forums usually are for while comments are ... for comments lol, u cant really make a proper discussion there(or rather u can but its not as good as here).

KuroReishin
02-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Its true that we can discuss the games by posting comments , but some people just wont even try to read comments before asking xth time about something not working etc, also i think its easier to discuss on forum after all thats what forums usually are for while comments are ... for comments lol, u cant really make a proper discussion there(or rather u can but its not as good as here).

I agree. It is better to discuss it in the forums.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
How about news and updates about the new and upcoming releases?

That can be done quite easily and its actually good idea, with this there shouldnt be much questions about when x will be released.
There is a erm... thread(not sure how its called on 4chan ;p) on 4chan where they update progress on all translations weekly, we can ask them if we can borrow this list or at least post link to it every week.

Shunrei
02-16-2012, 07:40 PM
i guess, a subforum to share a torrent maybe? sounds stupid but i have no idea, :|

Ivan
02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I agree. It is better to discuss it in the forums.

Okay, i'll look into it.

That's exactly the kind of feedback i was hoping for when i opened up unfinished forum.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Im not sure if there is a need for a subforum for sharing torrents, admin gives very good links on homepage and soon he might even add his own torrents(he was experimenting with Osanajimi recently if i remember it right).Besides with all those ACTAS SOPAS and rest i think its better to make forum without downloads from other users too.Homepage is enough if u ask me.

KuroReishin
02-16-2012, 07:44 PM
i guess, a subforum to share a torrent maybe? sounds stupid but i have no idea, :|

Yeah, why not? I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of people prefers torrent than DDL. Just need a constant seeders or else it will be dead quite fast.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot about what happened to hongfire. Maybe it's not a good idea after all. o_O

Ivan
02-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, why not? I'm pretty sure there's quite a lot of people prefers torrent than DDL. Just need a constant seeders or else it will be dead quite fast.

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot about what happened to hongfire. Maybe it's not a good idea after all. o_O
I'll be providing both torrents and mediafire links. Yesterday i added first torrent for test at erogedownload (my girlfriend is the president) and it's performing great - a lot of people are seeding and people are getting great speeds.

Torrents are completely legal over here, so no worries about going down hongfire's path.

Ryu
02-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Good afternoon Ivan, nice job on the forum.

Well, first, you have to decide to make the forum exclusively for eroge/visual novels, or go with anime, manga, h-ovas ect.

My suggestions are:

Main Section

- Site Announcement & News
- Introductions
- Support Center (For bug reports or errors reports in the forum.)

General Talk section (if you decide to allow other stuff besides eroge.)

- General
- Offtopic
- Cinema and Music
- Gaming
- Politics

Anime/Manga Section (like above, only if you decide to allow other stuff beside eroge)

- Anime Talk
- Anime Reviews
- Manga Talk

Eroge Section

- Eroge Talk ---------------> sub-forums: -Japanese Eroge
-------------------------------------------English Eroge
- Eroge Reviews
- Download section ---------> sub-forums: - Torrents
------------------------------------------- Direct Downloads

That all I could think of right now, we will see what more can you add as the site grows.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Then there is a possibility of adding a forum for torrents, though im not sure for what seeing as admin will add his own torrents.Another suggestion for forum is depending on whether we will be focusing only on VNs or on the rest of this eee genre , i mean we can always add subforums to talk about manga and anime.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Good afternoon Ivan, nice job on the forum.

Well, first, you have to decide to make the forum exclusively for eroge/visual novels, or go with anime, manga, h-ovas ect.

My suggestions are:

Main Section

- Site Announcement & News
- Introductions
- Support Center (For bug reports or errors reports in the forum.)

General Talk section (if you decide to allow other stuff besides eroge.)

- General
- Offtopic
- Cinema and Music
- Gaming
- Politics

Anime/Manga Section (like above, only if you decide to allow other stuff beside eroge)

- Anime Talk
- Anime Reviews
- Manga Talk

Eroge Section

- Eroge Talk
- Eroge Reviews
- Download section

Download Section sub-forums

- Torrents
- Direct Downloads

That all I could think of right now, we will see what more can you add as the site grows.

Like i said before , im not sure if its good idea to add Download Section,as for Eroge Section i think it should be more like that:
Eroge Section
-Translated Eroge
--Subsection for every eroge on site so we can easily find thread about game we want to talk about
-Section for talking about all eroges translated and not, overall discussions about eroge etc.
Rest is good Ryu
EDIT
Seems like i was too slow and u already edited your version for better.
EDIT2
Im not exactly sure if its a good idea to make a Review section for Eroges, from what i know about people the only thing that will happen is a war between fans about what is better and worser.

logros
02-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Fully support the idea of sub forums for each game to since separate topics makes makes it much easier find what you are interested in and ignore what your not, in the comments game discussion, help requests, "thanks you"s etc are all jumbled together in a great mess making discussion difficult. not to mentions that longer posts like game reviews and the like arent really practical there.

Edit:

Im not exactly sure if its a good idea to make a Review section for Eroges, from what i know about people the only thing that will happen is a war between fans about what is better and worser.

while as i mentioned i think Reviews should go in each games own sub forum rather then a separate Review forum i strongly opose avoiding them altogether, player Reviews are one of the most useful tools there is for finding games one might like for people who (unlike me :P) dont simply play everything and avoiding them just to prevent flame wars is meaningless since trolls will just find something else to complain about (from my experiance rather than giving in liberal use of the bannhammer is the best cure for trolls...).

Ryu
02-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't think is a good idea to make a sub-forum for each game, considering there are hundreds and the forum will not look good aesthetically speaking. For example:

Eroge Section

- Game 1
- Game 2
- Game 3
- Game 4
- Game 5
- Game 6
- Game 7
- Game 8
- Game 9
- Game 10

What you can do is in a single section like "Eroge talk" make a thread for each of them and make them "Stickys".

EDIT: Thinking about it we will have the same problem like the sub-forums, full of stickys and they will be hard to find.

Olaf
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Eroges should have an easy to access walkthrough or a link to one.
Detailed what-to-click-during-install may be useful in some cases.
Solving technical problems was mentioned.

Done as sticky threads in each eroge subforums, maybe?

And yes, subforums are a must have.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't think is a good idea to make a sub-forum for each game, considering there are hundreds and the forum will not look good aesthetically speaking. For example:

Eroge Section

- Game 1
- Game 2
- Game 3
- Game 4
- Game 5
- Game 6
- Game 7
- Game 8
- Game 9
- Game 10

What you can do is make a thread for each of them and make them "Stickys".
It doesnt have to be about each game, i meant every english game that was uploaded on the site , but if even this will be too much then we should choose the best ones/those we know there will be multiple disccusions and make them a subforums, if we will make each thread a sticky about game then it wont be any different then comments , like it was said before it will be all jumbled mumbled.

Ryu
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Eroges should have an easy to access walkthrough or a link to one.
Detailed what-to-click-during-install may be useful in some cases.
Solving technical problems was mentioned.

Done as sticky threads in each eroge subforums, maybe?

And yes, subforums are a must have.

Walkthroughs and tutorials/troubleshooting are already in the "Home" section, I don't see the need of putting them again in each game thread/sub-forum.

It doesnt have to be about each game, i meant every english game that was uploaded on the site , but if even this will be too much then we should choose the best ones/those we know there will be multiple disccusions and make them a subforums, if we will make each thread a sticky about game then it wont be any different then comments , like it was said before it will be all jumbled mumbled.

Hmmm like... for example.

- Monster Girl Quest
- Muv-Luv
- Eien no Aselia
- Fate/Stay Night ect. (Talking about good games)
- Other games (for not-so-discussed games)

I like it :D

Olaf
02-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Walkthroughs and tutorials/troubleshooting are already in the "Home" section, I don't see the need of putting them again in each game thread/sub-forum.
Well it would be better to have them in one place and linked to eroge?
Also I think having them all in forum is better than in "Home" section. Just my thoughts;]

logros
02-16-2012, 08:30 PM

Eroge Section

- Game 1
- Game 2
- Game 3
- Game 4
- Game 5
- Game 6
- Game 7
- Game 8
- Game 9
- Game 10

What you can do is in a single section like "Eroge talk" make a thread for each of them and make them "Stickys".

EDIT: Thinking about it we will have the same problem like the sub-forums, full of stickys and they will be hard to find.

Considering how ex mangafox have a sub forum for each manga and they have literally thousands of those i dont realy see why we wouldent be able to make it work with a few hundred games.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 08:30 PM

Hmmm like... for example.

- Monster Girl Quest
- Muv-Luv
- Eien no Aselia
- Fate/Stay Night ect. (Talking about good games)
- Other games (for not-so-discussed games)

I like it :D

Yeah, thats pretty much what i had in mind , but there will be have to be more games than what u mentioned so that everyone can find something for himself, is there a possibility to make a hidden sub-forums? Then we would just make a sticky thread with links inside to every subforum we need and it wouldnt look so bad on the outside .

Ryu
02-16-2012, 08:35 PM
The hidden sub-forums idea could work wonders, there Ivan will have no problems making hundreds of subforums.

Ivan
02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Currently there's over 200 english games posted, and with each year a couple more are added. Creating separate forum for every one would be impractical. Maybe the most popular ones? Or maybe general forum for all games, with few designated threads for each game ( main thread, technical support thread, walkthrough thread+final impressions)...

Considering how ex mangafox have a sub forum for each manga and they have literally thousands of those i dont realy see why we wouldent be able to make it work with a few hundred games.
I don't think there're many people willing to discuss "Immoral Study" or some niche, long-forgotten game from 10 years ago.

Yeah, thats pretty much what i had in mind , but there will be have to be more games than what u mentioned so that everyone can find something for himself, is there a possibility to make a hidden sub-forums? Then we would just make a sticky thread with links inside to every subforum we need and it wouldnt look so bad on the outside .
Yes, it's very easy to make them - just a few clicks (for example all comments to articles from front page are stored in hidden sub-forum already).
I really like this engine compared to wordpress - it has so much more features...

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I guess then that it is not possible to make hidden sub forums eh. If there is no other option then we should stick to doing few subforums about the most talked eroges atm and then simply making subforum for the rest of VNs.
EDIT
Im pretty sure that some people would talk about eroge from 10 years ago, yes i mean YU-NO ;D
EDIT2
Oh, u didnt finish reading all the posts, good there is still possiblity of making hidden-etc etc(hsf for short in future ;p)

Maou
02-16-2012, 08:43 PM
A section for wallpapers is nice, btw you have a very nice forum here.:p

Ryu
02-16-2012, 08:44 PM
If you have records you can see the traffic of how many Gb/Tb people downloaded before the filesonic fiasco and make sub-forums for the Top 10 games maybe?

Harkoz
02-16-2012, 08:50 PM
A thread with eroge soundtracks would be nice.

warrof
02-16-2012, 08:51 PM
I agree with Ivan, Having a subfolder for each different game is very impractical.

I think there should be a section where people can discuss the games by name if they wish. However only one thread per game to keep sheer size down, and the thread has to be created by the person or persons wanting to talk about it.

Example:
Eroge Games
>Game specific Discussion
>>Random Game: Created by Warrof
>>Random Game 2: Created by Ryu
>>Random Game 3: Created by Iogros

Sorry for useing names but that was the best way to show what I meant.

Along with a sticky that shows the rules for this specific area of the forum. Which btw should be the norm for every sub-topic in the forum.

As for the Anime/Manga section, I do agree. It would allow people to make friends and share idea and interests. Besides you can come up with some really weird and fun topic to talk about when considering a specific anime or manga. For example, im arguing with a guy on Mangafox about temporal mechanics in the Manga "Negima".

Ivan
02-16-2012, 08:51 PM
If you have records you can see the traffic of how many Gb/Tb people downloaded before the filesonic fiasco and make sub-forums for the Top 10 games maybe?
Traffic alone is not representative stat, since various games have various sizes. I can use site's visitors log for it (for example "Monster Girl Quest" download page was visited 17,606 times this month so far, where SonoHanabira 4 one got only 1,262), but it's not a measure either - short,unpopular, but controversial game can have much more discussion, than some random nukige that was downloaded thousands of times.

Shadyren
02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, for section +18, we might be needed to confirm AGE of BIRTH and NUMBER of POST.

Let's the veteran do the jobs.

And the forum layout need to modify a bit.

Suggesting -

Karma vote
Award/level
Custom Title name icon
Aaaaand. You seriously need to start create a rule regarding forum, graphic and few other stuff in each section. Mind that, some underage brat might surfing this site while cheating their age to download +18 stuff, so yea.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I agree with Ivan, Having a subfolder for each different game is very impractical.

I think there should be a section where people can discuss the games by name if they wish. However only one thread per game to keep sheer size down, and the thread has to be created by the person or persons wanting to talk about it.

Example:
Eroge Games
Game specific Discussion
Random Game: Created by Warrof
Random Game 2: Created by Ryu
Random Game 3: Created by Iogros

Sorry for useing names but that was the best way to show what I meant.

Along with a sticky that shows the rules for this specific area of the forum. Which btw should be the norm for every sub-topic in the forum.

As for the Anime/Manga section, I do agree. It would allow people to make friends and share idea and interests. Besides you can come up with some really weird and fun topic to talk about when considering a specific anime or manga. For example, im arguing with a guy on Mangafox about temporal mechanics in the Manga "Negima".
One thread per game? U have no idea how many people want to talk/argue about games like FS/N Muv-Luv , and one topic will simply not be enough for all users to freely talk about what they want in this eroge.
I know that making subforums for all games is too much , but if we can make those hsf then there shouldnt be much problem about making at least those for most populars eroges.

logros
02-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Currently there's over 200 english games posted, and with each year a couple more are added. Creating separate forum for every one would be impractical. Maybe the most popular ones? Or maybe general forum for all games, with few designated threads for each game ( main thread, technical support thread, walkthrough thread+final impressions)...

rather sub-forums only for the popular than sticky's since said stickys would have the same problem as the comments in the first place (ie everything jumbled together in a big mess) thus missing the whole point of having it at the forums in the first place.

I don't think there're many people willing to discuss "Immoral Study" or some niche, long-forgotten game from 10 years ago.

*shrug* Then in the worst case they will remain empty (find that very unlikely for most games though) dont really see the problem with that though, its not like it takes any resources (besides a minimal amount of hdd space) or effort to maintain them once created right?

warrof
02-16-2012, 08:55 PM
I know what your saying but if you do as i say then there is less clutter, your way you could have several dozen topic just to discuss different aspects of the same game. and thus et the less used topic get buried under the landslide. On KonohaNation they had that problem big time, same with another forums i visited for a really long time before they shut down because of stupid 12-16 year olds.

Ivan
02-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Aaaaand. You seriously need to start create a rule regarding forum, graphic and few other stuff in each section. Mind that, some underage brat might surfing this site while cheating their age to download +18 stuff, so yea.
This is very interesting topic you've touched - i'm not going to ask people to send me scans of their driving license to prove they are 18+, if they say they are adult during registration process, then i can assume they are. I belive it's parent's responsibility to keep track what their kids do on the Internet.

As for the rules themselves - I think it's best to leave it to users, what kind of forums they want to get - i'm just only administrator here, only enforcing the rules everyone agreed on. I want this forum to be "by users, for users".

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 08:58 PM
I know what your saying but if you do as i say then there is less clutter, your way you could have several dozen topic just to discuss different aspects of the same game.

And thats exactly what we want(i think) its still better than having only one thread for certain games because it wont be different than comment section on site.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 08:59 PM
*shrug* Then in the worst case they will remain empty (find that very unlikely for most games though) dont really see the problem with that though, its not like it takes any resources (besides a minimal amount of hdd space) or effort to maintain them once created right?

I think so too.

Shadyren
02-16-2012, 09:00 PM
One thread per game? U have no idea how many people want to talk/argue about games like FS/N Muv-Luv , and one topic will simply not be enough for all users to freely talk about what they want in this eroge.
I know that making subforums for all games is too much , but if we can make those hsf then there shouldnt be much problem about making at least those for most populars eroges.
You can just divided them into each separate company. How is that sound?

warrof
02-16-2012, 09:03 PM
As for the rules themselves - I think it's best to leave it to users, what kind of forums they want to get - i'm just only administrator here, only enforcing the rules everyone agreed on. I want this forum to be "by users, for users".

I get what you mean by that but with out some strict rules things could get out of hand very quickly and thus cause the forum to disintigrate. Also i think some commen sence is in order. Such as limiting the foul language to like a rant forum, with the eroge it is gonna be hard to stop people from talking about innapropriete stuff (yes I'm old fashioned that way) so don't even try in that regard.

warrof
02-16-2012, 09:04 PM
You can just divided them into each separate company. How is that sound?

I like that idea that will limit over all clutter and still let people talk about what ever they want

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
I agree with warrof , some people will just spam how the x is better than y and it might get out of hand pretty easily, some basic rules are needed.

Ivan
02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
As i read more and more posts in this thread, i think creating separate forum for each game would indeed be the best. To make it easier to navigate they could be divided into two sections : "Recently Released Games" section which now would contain "Forest", "Koenchu", "My girlfriend is the president, "katawa shoujo" and dozen other, and as new titles are released, certain forums are moved to second section "Older Games".

Shadyren
02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
I like that idea that will limit over all clutter and still let people talk about what ever they want
That's when we called, NO OFFTOPIC for each discussion.

1 topic simply discuss current game.

That's why we need to construct simple rules/Basic rules.

Ivan
02-16-2012, 09:08 PM
I get what you mean by that but with out some strict rules things could get out of hand very quickly and thus cause the forum to disintigrate. Also i think some commen sence is in order. Such as limiting the foul language to like a rant forum, with the eroge it is gonna be hard to stop people from talking about innapropriete stuff (yes I'm old fashioned that way) so don't even try in that regard.
I'm not talking about "no rules at all" /b/ style. Rather than that, i'll make new thread "okay guys, we need some kind of rules to keep this forum clean. Any suggestions?"

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 09:08 PM
As i read more and more posts in this thread, i think creating separate forum for each game would indeed be the best. To make it easier to navigate they could be divided into two sections : "Recently Released Games" section which now would contain "Forest", "Koenchu", "My girlfriend is the president, "katawa shoujo" and dozen other, and as new titles are released, certain forums are moved to second section "Older Games".

Thats really good idea, with this everyone should get what they want more or less.

warrof
02-16-2012, 09:10 PM
That's when we called, NO OFFTOPIC for each discussion.

1 topic simply discuss current game.

That's why we need to construct simple rules/Basic rules.

What do you mean by OFFTOPIC Shadyren?

I'm not talking about "no rules at all" /b/ style. Rather than that, i'll make new thread "okay guys, we need some kind of rules to keep this forum clean. Any suggestions?"

Was that an invitation or aare you literally going to create a new thread to discuss that specifiaclly?

Shadyren
02-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Well...

Behavior rubs off.
Do not try to sell ------
Do not talk about ------.
Do not lie, be honest, and do not present speculation or conjecture as fact.
Handle unexperienced members with special patience. There is a first time for everything.
If you find it difficult to stay calm after reading the same question for the fifth time in a week, let somebody else respond.
Anything "hardcore" is obviously out of bounds.
Zero tolerance towards "shock" images, animations and links. This includes stuff bluntly meant to disgust, filmings of suicide and the like.

You can try to use this. But modified it little bit.
-Took this from google.

What do you mean by OFFTOPIC Shadyren?
In general discussion board, users only allowed to discuss about 1 (one) game/VN on current topic, and were forbid to derailing the topic, Example

Topic title - Imouto Ijiwaru
So, the topic only can be discuss about Imouto Ijiwaru only.

User A talk about Routa A but User B talk about how bullshit this game compare to COD, and bla bla bla.

Unlike in Random discussion, user free to do anything they want, well, they should keep moderate their posting.

Sorry about my english, since english isn't my native language.

logros
02-16-2012, 09:19 PM

in an eroge forum...?

anyone here is suposed to be 18+ in the first place (not that i think that they realy are but if they are allready playing eroges anyway...) so i see no need for that rule atleast.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 09:21 PM
in an eroge forum...?

anyone here is suposed to be 18+ in the first place (not that i think that they realy are but if they are allready playing eroges anyway...) so i see no need for that rule atleast.
There are many deffinitions of hardcore, i mean there are people here that would be more disgusted by seeing real womans body rather than tentacle rape with gore.

Shadyren
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
in an eroge forum...?

Hmmmmmmmmm? Trolls are too many out there.
Hardcore have in many way. Father chop his son head off, some people brain explode, some user post goatse.
Hardcore doesn't mean in ero, duh.

Ivan
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Well...

Behavior rubs off.
Do not try to sell ------
Do not talk about ------.
Do not lie, be honest, and do not present speculation or conjecture as fact.
Handle unexperienced members with special patience. There is a first time for everything.
If you find it difficult to stay calm after reading the same question for the fifth time in a week, let somebody else respond.
Zero tolerance towards "shock" images, animations and links. This includes stuff bluntly meant to disgust, filmings of suicide and the like.

You can try to use this. But modified it little bit.
-Took this from google.
That's the kind of rules i'm talking about.

Was that an invitation or aare you literally going to create a new thread to discuss that specifiaclly?
I can create one, you can create one, doesn't matter. Like i said - forum is for users, and i think everyone agrees we need some kind of rules everyone has to follow, otherwise this place will turn into huge garbage dump.

warrof
02-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Sorry about my english, since english isn't my native language.

No biggy, you get used to bad english after playing untranslated VNs with Agth and Atlas.

That should be another rule (i haven't seen a rules page to post in) no racism, and don't correct every spelling mistake, that makes some people very mad. I know cause Im ussually the one correcting them

Shadyren
02-16-2012, 09:24 PM
That's the kind of rules i'm talking about.

You can use this in Main board section.

No biggy, you get used to bad english after playing untranslated VNs with Agth and Atlas.

That should be another rule (i haven't seen a rules page to post in) no racism, and don't correct every spelling mistake, that makes some people very mad. I know cause Im ussually the one correcting them
Yeap. Grammar Nazi is prohibited. <_<

I don't think correcting someone else grammar would be a problem... you can ever learn from your own mistake.
I know because i'm the one who always get corrected.

warrof
02-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I can create one, you can create one, doesn't matter. Like i said - forum is for users, and i think everyone agrees we need some kind of rules everyone has to follow, otherwise this place will turn into huge garbage dump.

Well then instead of all powerful rules, just some basic guidelines like the ones Shadyren posted plus what ever seems to fair to everyone who is at least contributing to the creation of this forums?

I guess I'll get that thread going

Shadyren
02-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Well then instead of all powerful rules, just some basic guidelines like the ones Shadyren posted plus what ever seems to fair to everyone who is at least contributing to the creation of this forums?
You can try start to suggest it.

Like i said, each board you all suggest have different rules, and each rules can be interchange, depend on board title and purpose.

*Need sleep, 3.28AM in Asia. Good night.*

logros
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm? Trolls are too many out there.
Hardcore have in many way. Father chop his son head off, some people brain explode, some user post goatse.
Hardcore doesn't mean in ero, duh.

when the rules mention hardcore 99% of all people will think porn, schock/disgusting stuff is usualy another rule all together (and i agree is should be forbidden).

There are many deffinitions of hardcore, i mean there are people here that would be more disgusted by seeing real womans body rather than tentacle rape with gore.

true dident think about that and i think irl porn stuff should be forbidden, thats not what this site is about after all. what i dont think should be forbiden though is stuff like 18+ eroge screenshots and other things which are relevant to the purpose of this site (including "tentacle rape with gore" if its relevant to the game being discussed).

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 09:34 PM
*Need sleep, 3.28AM in Asia. Good night.*
Good Night

warrof
02-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Since Rules are offtopic in this thread please start posting about them in the Forum Guidelines thread.

Just saying.

So what are we currently looking at for Forum Structure, Ivan?

Shadyren
02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
when the rules mention hardcore 99% of all people will think porn, schock/disgusting stuff is usualy another rule all together (and i agree is should be forbidden).

true dident think about that and i think irl porn stuff should be forbidden, thats not what this site is about after all. what i dont think should be forbiden though is stuff like 18+ eroge screenshots and other things which are relevant to the purpose of this site.
Well, to tell you the truth, 90% user that will be registered to this site only targeting to download eroges.

You should start creating a section that hosting normal anime, non-H and gaming hosting. Well, yea.
Lot people are start hunting proper link for downloading anime stuff.

And also, you need to altered the front board, it's look messy, IMO.

Ivan
02-16-2012, 09:40 PM
I don't think correcting someone else grammar would be a problem... you can ever learn from your own mistake.
I know because i'm the one who always get corrected.
On the other hand, i think it's important what you write, rather than how you write it. Pointing out small mistakes often derails the thread.

Keep in mind that there are people here from all over the world.

warrof
02-16-2012, 09:50 PM
I agree with you, it's more important to write something that how you write it.

Can you give us an example of what we currently have for Forum Structure, just so we know and can continue to make sugestions?

BTW G'night Shadyren

KuroReishin
02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Also, would love to add images to the signature and avatar. Will make the forum a bit more colorful. :D

Username
02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
May i ask a question?

Is there a link from erogedownload to erogegames and vice versa?
Because currently i could only find one link to this website and it was in the news section. But in the near future the link won't be on the front page anymore.

Ryu
02-16-2012, 10:08 PM
On the other hand, i think it's important what you write, rather than how you write it. Pointing out small mistakes often derails the thread.

Keep in mind that there are people here from all over the world.

Indeed, look at me for example, Greetings from South America :D

Ryu
02-16-2012, 10:09 PM
May i ask a question?

Because currently i could only find one link to this website and it was in the news section. But in the near future the link won't be on the front page anymore.

Only in the front page, but Ivan will take care of it once he finishes fixing the forum.

Also, would love to add images to the signature and avatar. Will make the forum a bit more colorful. :D

Maybe they are disabled until the Forum structure is finished.

logros
02-16-2012, 10:12 PM

while i agree about avatars im not sure about signature images, and if we do add them we need clear rules about max size (both in pixels and bytes) to avoid tards getting huge and/or animated stuff that are annoying to scroll past and needlessly increase page load time.

warrof
02-16-2012, 10:12 PM
May i ask a question?

True enough, there should probably be Permanent links to erogedownload from erogegames and visa-versa. Going along with that should not all games in erogegames have a link from eroge downloads? I don't think they all do.

What about an area where users can upload or at least post Walkthroughs for games. For example, i'm working on a walkthrough for Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. I plan to post it "somewhere" when I comelete Ibuki's route and then update it as I complete others.

An area on this site were i could post it would be nice.

Username
02-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Only in the front page, but Ivan will take care of it once he finishes fixing the forum.

That's great.

KuroReishin
02-16-2012, 10:16 PM
while i agree about avatars im not sure about signature images, and if we add them we need clear rules about max size (both in pixels and bytes) to avoid tards getting huge and/or animated stuff that are annoying to scroll past and needlessly increase page load time.

Yes, when they eventually add images for signature, there is a need for max size limit. My suggestion would be 400x200 pix and 1mb or whichever is smaller.

logros
02-16-2012, 10:26 PM
What about an area where users can upload or at least post Walkthroughs for games. For example, i'm working on a walkthrough for Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. I plan to post it "somewhere" when I comelete Ibuki's route and then update it as I complete others.

well he said he would make sub-forums each game so the logical place to post them would be with the relevant game. Dont really think there is enogh demand for stuff he hasent uploaded (specially stuff isent even translated and dont (according to vndb) have a translation project) for a separate forum. mayby you could post it under general or vn discussion?

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 10:27 PM
well he said he would make sub-forums each game so the logical place to post them would be with the relevant game. Dont really think there is enogh demand for stuff he dont host (specially stuff like Hoshizora wich isent even translated and dont (according to vndb) have a translation project) for a separate forum. mayby you could post it under general or vn discussion?

He can always post it on gamefaq

Gelkhir
02-16-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm personally a fan of theoretical discussions like what if an event in a eroge happened differntly or for games that didn't have an epilouge obviously this wouldn't be very applicable to many nukige but i think it would be fun for Other types

warrof
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
It looks as though this forum is going to get quite big. Too big for one Admin/Mod to keep an eye on everything.

I don't really care who it is but more people should probably become Mods once the forums is fully up an running. What are your thoughts on that Ivan?

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Like i said i have lots of free time so if there is a need for additional moderator i can help(or at least try to, never moderated before but i hope that wont be much of a trouble).

warrof
02-16-2012, 10:34 PM
well he said he would make sub-forums each game so the logical place to post them would be with the relevant game. Dont really think there is enogh demand for stuff he hasent uploaded (specially stuff isent even translated and dont (according to vndb) have a translation project) for a separate forum. mayby you could post it under general or vn discussion?

No it doesn't have a translation, but i have 2 games that are not translated that i play with AGTH and Atlas, thoes programs allow you to activly translate the games as you play them but the translation is typically bad.

And as for upload walkthroughs, i only use Hoshikaka as an example. In the future we may want to have a walkthrough section for games that are on the site. Also it allow people to contribute something to the eroge comunity in the world.

Ryu
02-16-2012, 10:37 PM
It looks as though this forum is going to get quite big. Too big for one Admin/Mod to keep an eye on everything.

I don't really care who it is but more people should probably become Mods once the forums is fully up an running. What are your thoughts on that Ivan?

I don't think we should touch that topic yet, not until Ivan gets some people of trust to handle the job. Basically a mod job is not only to watch people language or behavior, there are other duties like:

- Having ridiculously high amount of patience towards new users who PM them about stuff they don't know.
- Reading every single new post making sure it doesn't contain unappropiate material or spam.
- Have a reasonable amount of free time, it's not enough to log in just 1-2 hours and leave the forum unattended for the rest of the day.
- If nesessary, edit users posts to fit the forum rules.
- Taking huge amount of angry PMs when you punish users, you explain them why, and still yell at you.
- Even if you're boiling in anger you have to answer politely to every question someone make you. Mods are the face of the forum and have to act as such. And many many more I'm forgetting.

Daeverius
02-16-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't think we should touch that topic yet, not until Ivan gets some people of trust to handle the job. Basically a mod job is not only to watch people language or behavior, there are other duties like:

- Having ridiculously high amount of patience towards new users who PM them about stuff they don't know
- Reading every single new post making sure it doesn't contain unappropiate material or spam.
- Have a reasonable amount of free time, it's not enough to log in just 1-2 hours and leave the forum unattended for the rest of the day.

Im not sure how it will be with my patience, everyone has limits ;D as for time i will be on pc most of the time for the next few months.
I play LoL , im used to explaining things to people while they yell at everyone.

logros
02-16-2012, 11:27 PM
We should probably keep something like this (ie sugestions/feedback forum) around even after we get the forum up and running to, there is always room for improvement after all.

warrof
02-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Don't Forget to add in a introductions Sections so we all kinda know who is who.

For now i recomend not post anything as a threade in regards to introducing yourself as that would take a lot os space and probably be a waste of time at this point.

Olaf
02-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Don't Forget to add in a introductions Sections so we all kinda know who is who.

For now i recomend not post anything as a threade in regards to introducing yourself as that would take a lot os space and probably be a waste of time at this point.
Isnt itroduction section waste of space? Usually introduction arent affective at large forums. Also you can look for personal info on ones profile.

Avenger
02-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Introductions... I doubt anybody really reads through those. The only time I'd say an introduction was neccesary is for a gaming clan site, which this is not.

I don't really get involved in these kind of discussions, so I don't really mind what's put in, if I don't like it it's my own damn fault.

warrof
02-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Isnt itroduction section waste of space? Usually introduction arent affective at large forums. Also you can look for personal info on ones profile.

Yes that is all true.
But I don't put information in my profile other than age and location. Thats what the Introduction Section is for.

Olaf
02-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Yes that is all true.
But I don't put information in my profile other than age and location. Thats what the Introduction Section is for.
Well its probably just me, i dont share my personal data so casually. Bit paranoid but works fine for me.

Gelkhir
02-17-2012, 01:01 AM
Well its probably just me, i dont share my personal data so casually. Bit paranoid but works fine for me.

It's easier to discuss thing with people if you know a bit about them atleast for me because im a little hesitant to talk online otherwise

Nobu
02-17-2012, 04:35 AM
O_O FIB. :)

Oh and anyone mention a recommendation section?

logros
02-17-2012, 04:51 AM
O_O FIB. :)

Oh and anyone mention a recommendation section?

For recommending VNs? wouldn't that usually fall under general (or mayby visual novel) discussion?
dont realy feel necessary to have a whole forum for that imo.

Ryu
02-17-2012, 05:34 AM
Going back to topic, in my moment of boredom, I came up with this, what do you think guys?

General Site Section

Announcements & News: Announcements, news, updates, and any other information related to the site will be posted here.
Introductions: Introduce yourself here and welcome new members.
Forum Rules & Guidelines: Should be read first before any activity.
Site Support: Questions? Feedbacks? Suggestions? Bug reports? Pick your poison.

Social Section

General Discussions & Debates: Forum for all kinds of things which people can talk.
Anime Lobby: Talk about your favorite series, discuss and enjoy with other otakus.
Manga Lobby: Share your favorite series and authors. Talk about on-going/finished series.
Spam Section: Post here all the garbage that comes to your head, no one will care.
Forum Games: Can't be abscent in any forum, play fun games with other users.

Ero Section

Eroge Discussion: Talk about your favorite eroges, visual novels, hentai simulators ect.
Eroge Downloads: Post your uploaded links and share your games with the community.
-----------------Sub-Forum: Direct download links.
-----------------Sub-Forum: Torrent Links.
Walkthoughs: Stuck in some game? Want to share your own walktrough? This is your section.
Support Section: Don't know how to run a game or having problems with it? Ask and we will help you.

Trash Can: For threads with dead links, unappropiate content ect.

Staff Hideout (Hidden forum): For the staff to talk about the site in general, what could be improved, to punish other staff members, ect.

NOTE: Instead of creating hundreds of sub-forums for each game you can create a "Master List" in the disscussion part and link the master list with the 200s game threads. Like this:

Eroge Discussion:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First topic (Sticky): The Eroge Master List (All games linked to their respective threads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Game 1 Discussion
- Game 2 Discussion
- Game 3 Discussion
- Game 4 Discussion
- Game 5 Discussion
- Game 6 Discussion
- Game 7 Discussion
- Game 8 Discussion
- Game 9 Discussion
- Game 10 Discussion
- Ect.

That way, if someone wants to say something about some game, he will just have to:

- Enter in Master List
- Ctrl + F to look for the desired game

What do you think? :D

NOTE 2: Or even better, mix the download section and discussion posting the game info + links and the discussion below, even more organized that way. Like:

- Game cover
- Short description
- Screenshots
- Links

Disscussion below.

Easily accesable through the master list topic.

Avenger
02-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Whoa looks good. I prefer NOTE1 rather than 2, but either would work.
We'd also need a place where we can put extracted stuff like OSTs/BGMs, images, etc.

Walkthroughs are usually easy to find on gamefaqs, ign, but it'll be helpful for those without them. I think Miss Leet in Prison didn't have a walkthrough, and I managed to find an ending which most other people hadn't - I think you had to get the other endings first.

BiGnIcK_54g
02-17-2012, 05:48 AM
a chatango is a ok chatbox for sites also an anime section wouldb e good too

logros
02-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Going back to topic, in my moment of boredom, I came up with this, what do you think guys?

General Site Section

Announcements & News: Announcements, news, updates, and any other information related to the site will be posted here.
Introductions: Introduce yourself here and welcome new members.
Forum Rules & Guidelines: Should be read first before any activity.
Site Support: Questions? Feedbacks? Suggestions? Bug reports? Pick your poison.

Social Section

General Discussions & Debates: Forum for all kinds of things which people can talk.
Anime Lobby: Talk about your favorite series, discuss and enjoy with other otakus.
Manga Lobby: Share your favorite series and authors. Talk about on-going/finished series.
Spam Section: Post here all the garbage that comes to your head, no one will care.
Forum Games: Can't be abscent in any forum, play fun games with other users.

Ero Section

Eroge Discussion: Talk about your favorite eroges, visual novels, hentai simulators ect.
Eroge Downloads: Post your uploaded links and share your games with the community.
-----------------Sub-Forum: Direct download links.
-----------------Sub-Forum: Torrent Links.
Walkthoughs: Stuck in some game? Want to share your own walktrough? This is your section.
Support Section: Don't know how to run a game or having problems with it? Ask and we will help you.

Trash Can: For threads with dead links, unappropiate content ect.

Staff Hideout (Hidden forum): For the staff to talk about the site in general, what could be improved, to punish other staff members, ect.

NOTE: Instead of creating hundreds of sub-forums for each game you can create a "Master List" in the disscussion part and link the master list with the 200s game threads. Like this:

Eroge Discussion:

First topic (Sticky): The Eroge Master List (All games linked to their respective threads.

- Game 1 Discussion
- Game 2 Discussion
- Game 3 Discussion
- Game 4 Discussion
- Game 5 Discussion
- Game 6 Discussion
- Game 7 Discussion
- Game 8 Discussion
- Game 9 Discussion
- Game 10 Discussion
- Ect.

That way, if someone wants to say something about some game, he will just have to:

- Enter in Master List
- Ctrl + F to look for the desired game

What do you think? :D

NOTE 2: Or even better, mix the download section and discussion posting the game info + links and the discussion below, even more organized that way. Like:

- Game cover
- Short description
- Screenshots
- Links

Disscussion below.

Easily accesable through the master list topic.

If you go back go back a few pages you will see why we choose sub-forums over single topics for the games (in short it would be pointless since it would be just like the comments, the point of having it in the forum is to be able to organize the discussion for each game into multiple topics). I would also like a feedback/sugestions forum as mentioned on the previus page. I don know if the rules and Introductions need a forum each (at least not the rules) wouldn't a sticky be enough? Also the eroge discussion should either be re-named Visual Novel dscussion since not all VNs are erotic games (wich is what eroge stands for) or a separate forum should be made for non-ero VNs.

Other then that i see no obviuss problems :)

Edit: by the way isent note 2 basically exactly what http://erogedownload.com/downloads/ is now, list with links to pic, description, download links and comments ? :S (well no screenshots i guess)

Avenger
02-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Yeah chatango would work. We'd probably need some mods for it but that's easy.

ARGH stop posting while I'm replying :(

Sub-forums for general games are OK, but I'd prefer a topic for each game so if you want to see what that game is like, get help for any problems, see what other people think of it, etc, it's much easier than wading through posts that could be about any eroge.

Exsilon
02-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Greating everyone, I would like to contribute something but since English isn't my native so I will try to explain it the best I can.

About the sub-forum for each game.
I thinks the idea is ok and workable.

But as I have seen some previous posts mention about problems of "the number of games that will constanly grow" and "not interesting/low content to dissuss"
yet the idaa of having all the game being sub-forumed is still essential otherwhile it might turn into free-for-all and mass up the forum

so I suggest that in the front page we show only the most recent activity of 5 or more game's subforums in this way if some unusaul game does have a new activity everyone can see and respond to them.
And of cource with one sticky topic to act as a game's sub-forum directory.

So it might be like this

-Games Directory-

-subforum1 (most recent activity) by whom, time, topic, etc
-subforum2 (second most recent)
-subforum3
-subforum4
-subforum5

I dont actually knew if it possible or not to have the entire sub-forum move up and down like a topic, if some activity turn up. Since I have no exprience with organizing a webforum, Still I like to express the idea in case it may be of help to the future forum.

Olaf
02-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah chatango would work. We'd probably need some mods for it but that's easy.
Idea of ShoutBox was mentioned earlier - either of them will do the trick. Iam more accustomed to SB; it may be clearer and easier to use than chatango.

mbl
02-17-2012, 12:38 PM
There is also IRC, very easy to set up and manage.

Shadyren
02-17-2012, 01:58 PM
a chatango is a ok chatbox for sites also an anime section wouldb e good too
Please no chatango.

Shout might be good. But no chatango.

Caelistas
02-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Shoutbox definitly.

Also add a small anime section if you could, for those of us who want to discuss anime.

Shadyren
02-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Well, i'm might be thinking, if every board have different theme?
Is that a good idea?

Caelistas
02-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Is that a good idea?

Could be interesting. Can you do that with vbulletin forums? Dunno really

Ivan
02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Is that a good idea?
Yes, it's possible for each board to have different theme by default. Users can also pick whatever theme they like as well.

Few, site-related sections have been added. I'll be adding shoutbox today as well.

Avenger
02-17-2012, 03:18 PM
I quite like the current theme, though I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

Looking forward to getting ignored in shoutbox :)

Caelistas
02-17-2012, 03:19 PM
I quite like the current theme, though I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

Looking forward to getting ignored in shoutbox :)

If you want i can spam you like crazy :p

Shadyren
02-17-2012, 03:26 PM
We should add a rule regarding SPAM and DOUBLE POST.

Ivan
02-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Shoutbox added.

Caelistas
02-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Ambitious are we? Good

Avenger
02-17-2012, 09:47 PM
The more I think about it, the more I want:

Technical support subforum (with pinned guides/howto's on installing/running/patching VNs etc.) for various stuff, including reupload/reseed/update requests
Subforum for all games available on the website (1 thread per VN initially, as soon as a VN gets 5+ threads, they are moved to a newly created "sub-subforum" dedicated to a given VN only.)
Feedback subforum for feature requests, website/forum bug reports.
And as long as these are added, I don't care for what else is posted elsewhere.

I think those would work, along with some of the other suggestions.

Shunrei
02-18-2012, 02:49 AM
oh damn, then don't @_@

switch
02-21-2012, 10:37 AM
what about a troll sub forum/thread?
also a sub forum for non eroge games and like....

hyromaru
09-10-2013, 07:34 PM
It came along way :D