PDA

View Full Version : What is the saddest anime you have watched?

Sp4life
01-09-2013, 08:54 AM
For me it would have to be Ano Hana

killerinsidee
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I haven't watched any of KyoAni's hard-hitters (Clannad, Air, Kanon) yet, but one of the more sad anime I've seen was Chobits.

Ivan
01-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Hotaru no Haka/ Grave of the Fireflies

OneManArmy
01-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Elfen Lied.

Clannad's emotional impact was stronger but the atmosphere of Elfen Lied was the entire time sad, very sad.

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Ceres, Tsuiokuhen, Chrono Crusade, and Chobits.There's one more but I can't fucking remember the title. All four make me a bit sad, just a tiny bit but not enough to make tears coming out. Hah.

Okay, I lied. I cried a bit at the end of Tsuiokuhen. Tomoe..... ;_;

ChexGuy
01-09-2013, 04:13 PM
War in the Pocket

battlerrules
01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Sorry definitively do not have one I find the saddest, like with novels their are multiple and I watched some many years ago so not giving them credit to them rather than newer anime would seem unfair.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shi ranai).

Hotaru no Haka - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/anime/578/Hotaru_no_Haka)

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes)

Neon Genesis Evangelion - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/anime/30/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion)

Seems like that will do.....that will do......

StÓr
01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
You would put Evangelion as one the saddest Battler o.O?

I wasn't planning on posting here since I don't usually look for sad stuff and can't think of much but since I came here anyway, I'll copy Ivan and go with Grave of the fireflies

radiantmadness
01-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Elfen lied is the only truly sad anime I watched althrough I liked the manga more....

OneManArmy
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Elfen lied is the only truly sad anime I watched althrough I liked the manga more....
Just one word, paperbags...

battlerrules
01-09-2013, 07:59 PM
You would put Evangelion as one the saddest Battler o.O?

I wasn't planning on posting here since I don't usually look for sad stuff and can't think of much but since I came here anyway, I'll copy Ivan and go with Grave of the fireflies

WOW NEED TO TYPE THIS OR IF YOU GO ON SOMEONE'S PROFILE YOU WILL READ MY SPOILER WHY WOULD IT NOT JUST HIDE THE SPOILER I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well lets see. Shinji's mom dies. His Dad abandon's him and then uses him because he can get a high sinc ratio with Unit 1. Shinji has a problem with human intimacy. Rei is a clone of his mom and is just used and replicated. Asuka's mom was crazy, killed herself and her father was having sex in the hospital room next to her mother's. They feel pain when being attacked. They literally carry the fate of the world because if any Angel gets to Adam it will cause the third impact, though getting to Adam is quite hard. Shinji almost kills Toji and Asuka when Bardiel takes over their respective EVA's. Shinji kills Tabris, one of his very few friends with his own hands because he believes (and Tabris tells him) that if he is not killed he will cause the 3rd Impact. Rei kills herself in front of him to save his life (though she does come back Shinji and the viewers did not know that). Many other characters such as Misato and Kaiji just to name a few also have many other problems but I hope you understand why I feel EVA is sad. These is just a few of the things.

StÓr
01-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Yes, I know sad things happen in Eva, after I posted I reflected on most of those things you mentioned but the way they were revealed, for me at least, made sadness take a back seat to other emotions, if that makes sense...Also like I told you not so long ago been quite the while since I last saw the whole TV series

ChexGuy
01-10-2013, 01:30 AM
The series ending to Eva was uplifting imo, but The End of Evangelion wasn't exactly sad.

Natsuki
01-10-2013, 02:59 AM
Chrono Crusade was the first anime to make me cry at the end. I saw that like 3 or 4 years before Clannad. Blue drop's end was sad and depressing, Kanon made me cry along with After story of Clannad.

battlerrules
01-10-2013, 07:29 AM
The series ending to Eva was uplifting imo, but The End of Evangelion wasn't exactly sad.

WOW NEED TO TYPE THIS OR IF YOU GO ON SOMEONE'S PROFILE YOU WILL READ MY SPOILER WHY WOULD IT NOT JUST HIDE THE SPOILER I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion

Pretty sure everyone in the world turning into LCL and living in magicial dream land where no one can hurt each other isnt very uplifting to me. I understand that Shinji does learn while he goes through human instrumentality but that is like someone blowing up Earth so that no one can hurt each other anymore. (Though in Evangelion their is a much bigger threat to their society and they still have part of the conscious.)

Everyone in the world turning into LCL again besides Shinji who chooses to only keep himself and Asuka alive isn't super sad since that is the world he wanted. Misato dying was really sad. Also when we find out about Gendo and Ritsuko pretty sad ESP when Magi the system she created didnt let her self destruct.

But to each their own I suppose. I <3 Tabris so ya......

switch
01-10-2013, 08:25 AM
ano hi mita hana mada shirenai.... i cried alot at the last episode

udizzle
01-10-2013, 10:08 AM
tie between Clannad, Air, Code Geass

radiantmadness
01-10-2013, 12:38 PM

That's right, code geass too! the ending was sad, forgot about that....

Also raging Battler is fearsome :O

evenlaist
01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
code geass ? really?
i didnt find anything in it that would make me feel sad

Sokyra
01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Evangelion and Code Geass ??? Next is Naruto LOL?

More seriously the saddest one I watched would be KGNE (could have been saikano but I was too afraid to watch it).

radiantmadness
01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
code geass ? really?

ULTI!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU???? I NEED YOUR SHITSTORM POWERS!

haha, on a serious note: how do hell can you not even find this (I take it you watched it till the end): code geass ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2WTEnevdPs) sad? you're entitled to your own opinion of course but still....

pramit
01-10-2013, 05:41 PM
fate stay night, the saber ending is the saddest thing i have ever watched. I watched it in 2006(at that time, i only watched very few anime, and did not know about the existence of vn), and it had serious emotional impact at that time. I still remember how i felt at that time.....sigh

clannad after story, very emotional and something i can relate with

ultimecea
01-10-2013, 06:39 PM

HMMM...
glad to see someone have some sense...

code geass ? really?

MAJI-DE??
did you even watched the whole series??
if so..on the last episode of 2nd rebellion...
thats all enough for you to shed a tear
as long you have emotions///

More seriously the saddest one I watched would be KGNE (could have been saikano but I was too afraid to watch it).

serious??
EVA and CODE GEASS have touching moments..
unless you cant feel it at all~~

ULTI!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU???? I NEED YOUR SHITSTORM POWERS!

haha, on a serious note: how do hell can you not even find this (I take it you watched it till the end): code geass ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2WTEnevdPs) sad? you're entitled to your own opinion of course but still....

RM...im here
meh..i cant believe what i just read either >.>
that scene were one of the touching moments in life~~

and KANON will be epic if the did Mai's route >.>

battlerrules
01-10-2013, 07:29 PM

Its okay someone will join you one day......one day.........

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Wait, what? Seriously? This anime make you guys feel sad? :eek:

Come on, this isn't that sad. Sure, its a bit gloom but it wasn't to the point of making you feel really sad. KGNE one of the saddest anime, are you kidding me? Unless you guys can shed a tears at the slightest melancholic dorama moment, this doesn't even make any sense. Most of the titles in this thread.... -.-" *sighed*

Sokyra
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Wait, what? Seriously? This two anime make you guys feel sad? :eek:

Come on, this isn't that sad. Sure, its a bit gloom but it wasn't to the point of making you feel really sad. KGNE one of the saddest anime, are you kidding me? Unless you guys can shed a tears at the slightest melancholic dorama moment, this doesn't even make any sense. Most of the titles in this thread.... -.-" *sighed*

Well, I remember only a sad feeling from it but it was one of the first I saw so maybe I should watch again to check that. By the way you forgot to give your recommandation, Gerard. People can only talk about what they have seen, so why don't give us some since you seem to have experience in that field?

Cynicade
01-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Air.

That is all.

Erika Furudo
01-10-2013, 09:29 PM
If by the saddest = the one that made me cry the most, than:

- Angel beats - this one is not only the saddest but also one of the best I`ve ever seen, and the music is just fantastic.

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Well, I remember only a sad feeling from it but it was one of the first I saw so maybe I should watch again to check that.
Yeah, you can do that. I don't really feel sad when I watched it. The anime isn't utsuge enough.

By the way you forgot to give your recommandation, Gerard.
No I don't. If anything, this guy (https://erogegames.com/social/anime-lobby/2458-what-saddest-anime-you-have-watched-2/#post46354) did. Oh and, this isn't a recommendation thread by the way.

People can only talk about what they have seen,
True, in some occasion people shouldn't talk about thing that they never watch.

so why don't give us some since you seem to have experience in that field?
I already gave mine. (Link for people who is too lazy to check the first page of this thread.) *sighed* -.-" (https://erogegames.com/social/anime-lobby/2458-what-saddest-anime-you-have-watched/#post46252) Ah, I never claim that I've experience, but still, thanks for the flattering anyway.

asahii
01-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Clannad afterstory and angel beats

StÓr
01-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Oh yeah Code Geass ending made me cry the first three times I watched it, which is impressive...well for the third name it was a forced tear but yeah..

Also

In my opinion

Pretty sure everyone in the world turning into LCL and living in magicial dream land where no one can hurt each other isnt very uplifting to me. I understand that Shinji does learn while he goes through human instrumentality but that is like someone blowing up Earth so that no one can hurt each other anymore. (Though in Evangelion their is a much bigger threat to their society and they still have part of the conscious.)

Everyone in the world turning into LCL again besides Shinji who chooses to only keep himself and Asuka alive isn't super sad since that is the world he wanted. Misato dying was really sad. Also when we find out about Gendo and Ritsuko pretty sad ESP when Magi the system she created didnt let her self destruct.

But to each their own I suppose. I <3 Tabris so ya......

I wont comment on the ending of the TV series since that is what I remember the least and all I can comment on is that I liked and then I ended up disliking it a lot.

and for the End of Evangelion
As far as I understand Shinji also turned into LCL, and as far as I know Shinji didn't decide to keep Asuka alive I believe it was Rei that said it when Shinji decided that he didn't want the instrumentality and wanted the real word back, she said that everyone could eventually come back if they could obtain a sense of self or something like that, Asuka was simply one to return back the fastest..maybe because both of them had so many problems they could more easily separate themselves from others?

Oh and talking about the whole wanting the real world back made me think of Saya, and I got to say that imo Shinji is 20 times stronger as a person than Fujimura or w/e his name was

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-11-2013, 02:36 AM
tldr : Gerard the flame wolf
Resorting to personal insult, how amusing.

Don't make fun of other people opinion if you can't accept others opinion? :confused:

Otamegane
01-11-2013, 02:47 AM
So ignoring the idiot blurting shit about others when he doesn't know them (not you wolf)

The saddest animes I've ever watcher are Angel Beats!, School Days (fuck you all, it is sad somehow!), Clannad After Story and.. Nothing else i guess.

I cried watching K-ON!! but that doesn't count as sad anime, nope

Also wolf, cool nickname he gave ya :D

warrof
01-11-2013, 02:48 AM
I know that several have made me emotionally upset (anger mostly) Lets see if I can remember the ones that made me sad.
Elfen Leid
Negima! (before I read the manga and one of the first animes I ever watched)
Hmm, those are the only ones I remembered, it takes the literal and pointless death of a character I love to make me sad.

For VNs however, Fate/stay night (Fate route) and Clannad (Fuuko's route) both made me outright cry.

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-11-2013, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I feel really proud. (x
Btw Otame, nice sig you got there. d(-_-)

Sokyra
01-11-2013, 03:16 AM
(fuck you all, it is sad somehow!)

As he said, there's no point in arguing about opinions, so don't start by calling people
guy can shed a tears at the slightest melancholic dorama moment.
That's exactly what I call

Resorting to personal insult, how amusing.

and

make fun of other people opinion if you can't accept others opinion? :confused:

Yachi
01-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Instrumentality

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-11-2013, 03:49 AM
As he said, there's no point in arguing about opinions, so don't start by calling people
Calling what exactly? Why don't you qoute the whole post?
I am merely expressing my disbelief upon seeing most of the titles in here.

Nope. I didn't say anyone name so it doesn't count as personal. It is a general remarks.
You however, did the thing by changing my username.

and
This is the path that you shouldn't go. Do you really wanna play this way? Fine.

You shouldn't be preaching me about that last quote. You can't accept my opinion that KMNE wasn't sad enough to be here, okay. Yet, what is this?

Explain it. Are you trying to tell me that you're the only one who can express your disbelief upon seeing most of the title in here?

battlerrules
01-11-2013, 03:57 AM
I also MUST apologize for derailing this thread but I really dont like to see someone bashing other opinions rather than making an argument. We arent kids that call each other dumb and just walk off. Just talk with people and try to build a community. I am sure everyone here didnt join this forum to bash people's opinions. Though my idea might seem very naive, I dont see a reason why people should act like children.

and

I am very annoyed since I am one of the people who's opinions you bashed and I <3 Gerard. Let me explain he is doing what you are doing to prove a point how you are being a jerk and bashing other people's opinion rather than actually arguing (IDK why i think everyone can intelligently calm down and talk things over rather than bashing people but I guess thats what the internet is for right?).

And I understand that knowing how people like you are normally you will not apologize or listen to any argument. How about you dont be a jerk and bash other people's opinions instead rather state WHY you dont find EVA sad for example. Did you actually look at other people's posts why they found Code Geass sad or rather why I found EVA sad?

My face when you are being a jerk :O MINDBLOWN.GIF here

ChexGuy
01-11-2013, 05:05 AM
On Angel Beats!, I felt that it could have been done so much better if they didn't have the massive throwaway character w/ the "shadows" and shit, screwing Kanade's character in the last episode (STOP FUCKING HUMMING) and some other stuff that ruined its general mood. The music was good, the character designs were good, but the story was eeeeeeeh.

Harlequin
01-11-2013, 05:13 AM
I haven't watched any of KyoAni's hard-hitters (Clannad, Air, Kanon) yet, but one of the more sad anime I've seen was Chobits.

Same here pretty much. Well... I've barely watched any anime whatsoever, so yea, Chobits is probably the saddest one I've seen so far.

Otamegane
01-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I feel really proud. (x
Btw Otame, nice sig you got there. d(-_-)
Thanks

LOL you even changed my name when quoting me.. You are like a Chihuahua, the bark a lot, but anyone can easily kick them, so I guess I should just ignore you.. Gerard, don't feed the troll/flamer, he's just.. Not worth it

Now in the topic, I agree with you chexguy, all those shadow shit.. The story was well made though, it had a good start and ending, but something was missing.. The stories of every other member of the squad.. I believe Angel Beats would ahd make a good 26 ep anime

evenlaist
01-11-2013, 06:33 AM
MAJI-DE??
did you even watched the whole series??
if so..on the last episode of 2nd rebellion...
thats all enough for you to shed a tear
as long you have emotions///

the last episode was about the end of britania right ?
where Lelouch 'fell' from his throne
i like to say that i was amazed by him and that moment was the climax
the only sad thing i found was that the anime has come to the end,

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-11-2013, 07:05 AM
the last episode was about the end of britania right ?
where Lelouch 'fell' from his throne
i like to say that i was amazed by him and that moment was the climax
the only sad thing i found was that the anime has come to the end,

More like he was "pierced" by Suzaku.
Though with all that was said, I agree with the 3rd line. It amazed me how twisted and radical his solution is, to the point that I was in awe. But yeah, the ending doesn't make me sad either.
However, that ending might have a different effect on other people, especially since it's the "death" of a MC in the series.
Though personally, I don't think he died. (I might get flame for this last part.)

Black Sword Slasher
01-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Saishuu Heiki Kanojo

evenlaist
01-11-2013, 07:23 AM
More like he was "pierced" by Suzaku.
Though with all that was said, I agree with the 3rd line. It amazed me how twisted and radical his solution is, to the point that I was in awe. But yeah, the ending doesn't make me sad either.
However, that ending might have a different effect on other people, especially since it's the "death" of a MC in the series.
Though personally, I don't think he died. (I might get flame for this last part.)

i just dont want to give any spoiler.
someone might come to this forum to find some good animes.

Yeah, you're right. The death of a MC usually lead to a burst of sad emotions
but.. ugh it hard to explain it

udizzle
01-11-2013, 07:43 AM
code geass ? really?

well its my opinion so i'll just leave it at that :eek:

its not worth starting something over the internet so ill just say one thing fuck you :p

HMMM...glad to see someone have some sense...thats all enough for you to shed a tear as long you have emotions///

Ultimecea agrees with me? O.o seeing what certain characters go through in that show was sad to see - my opinion

I might get flame for this last part.

i agree with the last part, i dont believe a word the creator or who ever said he died at the end

hmm...

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM
I understand. Well, I use spoiler tag whenever I discuss spoiler related stuff. That is the least I can do. I can't do anything if someone come here, deliberately opened the spoiler tag, and then got spoiled though.

but.. ugh it hard to explain it
Haha...yeah, it varies with some people.

ultimecea
01-11-2013, 09:30 AM
So ignoring the idiot blurting shit about others when he doesn't know them (not you wolf)

The saddest animes I've ever watcher are Angel Beats!, School Days (fuck you all, it is sad somehow!), Clannad After Story and.. Nothing else i guess.

I cried watching K-ON!! but that doesn't count as sad anime, nope

hey..
K-on 2nd season ending is sad >.>
especially with that song "Tenshi ni Fureta Yo >.>

and for those that agrees with gtlw's last part...
i actually believe the same too..
but do another KIRA YAMATO for lulu >.>
but still the part when i saw the hidden truth of ZERO REQUIEM..
i realized whats gonna happen in next scene~~

ChexGuy
01-11-2013, 03:38 PM
if sunrise does another kira faggot jesus beamspam mary sue yamato for ANYTHING I am going to murder small animals.

Gerard the Lone Wolf
01-11-2013, 03:54 PM
if sunrise does another kira faggot jesus beamspam mary sue yamato for ANYTHING I am going to murder small animals.

Chex...rofl xD

ChexGuy
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
gundam SEED is one of the worst things to graze the minds of mankind. it is an abomination and watching it should be capital punishment.

StÓr
01-11-2013, 05:00 PM

Yeah, you're right. usually ,,,,

Harhar you might want to spoiler tag what I deleted in your comment, it's pretty clear even without clicking the spoilers that we are talking about CG what bigger spoiler can you give????????

Don't want to spoil > Casually gives huge spoiler.

What made me cry in the ending was a combination of having Susaku do it, having Kallen and everyone in the world watch, and all while smiling even despite the fact that even his best friends would live on thinking of him as nothing but evil.

And in my opinion Lulu is dead, I know some people say he should be alive to complete his contract with C.C but for me I both don't want to have him alive for a lot reasons and I after re-watching the series like 3 - 4 times made myself believe that there is undeniable prove that he is dead

switch
01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
gundam seed is one of the worst things to graze the minds of mankind. It is an abomination and watching it should be capital punishment.

amen!!!! Amen to that bro!

ultimecea
01-11-2013, 06:02 PM

i mean SUNRISE make a 3rd season for CODE GEASS aka KIRA YAMATO style in DESTINY..
if you get my meaning

gundam SEED is one of the worst things to graze the minds of mankind. it is an abomination and watching it should be capital punishment.

lolz..SEED is decent
and actually DESTINY is nice...i mean first 13 episodes before the appearance of YOU-KNOW-WHO
though i agree that other GUNDAM series is better..
like ZETA, WING and UC79 XD

Harhar you might want to spoiler tag what I deleted in your comment, it's pretty clear even without clicking the spoilers that we are talking about CG what bigger spoiler can you give????????

Don't want to spoil > Casually gives huge spoiler.

What made me cry in the ending was a combination of having Susaku do it, having Kallen and everyone in the world watch, and all while smiling even despite the fact that even his best friends would live on thinking of him as nothing but evil.

And in my opinion Lulu is dead, I know some people say he should be alive to complete his contract with C.C but for me I both don't want to have him alive for a lot reasons and I after re-watching the series like 3 - 4 times made myself believe that there is undeniable prove that he is dead

nah...its not the part of contract that stating lulu is alive
but..its because those that have DUAL GEASS can only able to kill those with immortality CODE
and Lulu fulfilled that requirements when he face against Charles,,,
and for the prove...
remember the part when Suzaku first met C.C. ???
the same thing happened on last episode..
and also..remember that C.C. once said that she's never talk to a dead person??
Marianne was different because she is still alive due to her GEASS
and...that explains during the epilogue~~

StÓr
01-11-2013, 06:51 PM
i mean SUNRISE make a 3rd season for CODE GEASS aka KIRA YAMATO style in DESTINY..
if you get my meaning

lolz..SEED is decent
and actually DESTINY is nice...i mean first 13 episodes before the appearance of YOU-KNOW-WHO
though i agree that other GUNDAM series is better..
like ZETA, WING and UC79 XD

nah...its not the part of contract that stating lulu is alive
but..its because those that have DUAL GEASS can only able to kill those with immortality CODE
and Lulu fulfilled that requirements when he face against Charles,,,
and for the prove...
remember the part when Suzaku first met C.C. ???
the same thing happened on last episode..
and also..remember that C.C. once said that she's never talk to a dead person??
Marianne was different because she is still alive due to her GEASS
and...that explains during the epilogue~~

Lulu could not have gotten the code from Charles since he still had geass after his death, herp a derp

Yachi
01-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Instrumentality :O

Otamegane
01-11-2013, 10:41 PM
hey..
K-on 2nd season ending is sad >.>
especially with that song "Tenshi ni Fureta Yo >.>
That is exactly what I meant.. :D

ultimecea
01-12-2013, 04:26 AM
Lulu could not have gotten the code from Charles since he still had geass after his death, herp a derp

you need to die once for the code to be activated

Sp4life
01-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Me too... couldn't go to sleep well. The last episode kept replaying in my head.:(

Sp4life
01-21-2013, 08:49 AM
ano hi mita hana mada shirenai.... i cried alot at the last episode

Was supposed to quote on my last post but messed up, but any way yeah couldnt sleep so good. Last ep. kept playing in my head.

ChexGuy
01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
maybe I just watched it too fast, but I didn't find Ano Hana overly sad like everyone else did. it might just be my perspective on the afterlife and "moving on."

Sp4life
01-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Actually the saddest part was the end because the whole time Jinta was the only one that could see Menma, and once everyone else could see her it was time for her to pass on and everyon else felt like they didnt have enough time to spoke about how they really felt about her face to face. (plus, even though it was an anime, seeing people cry like that really is a low blow for me)

OneManArmy
01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
maybe I just watched it too fast, but I didn't find Ano Hana overly sad like everyone else did. it might just be my perspective on the afterlife and "moving on."
Don't worry, you're not alone. In my opinion the anime had too many crying scenes anyway but each their own.