PDA

View Full Version : Official F/SN UBW Anime Discussion Thread

desi
10-04-2014, 11:40 PM
We haven't had an anime discussion thread around here for a long time... so why not start again with one that people have been looking forward to for years.. HYPE. The FIRST F/SN anime adaption! THE FIRST!

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works by Ufotable

http://i.imgur.com/UryYMOR.jpg

After this post, there could possibly be unmarked spoilers and such, so obviously do not read if you haven't watched the episode. If you are describing VN spoilers that the episodes have not covered yet, just mark them in spoiler boxes.

Harlequin
10-05-2014, 12:08 AM
Besides the godly animation and such, what I like the most is that it feels like they're taking their sweet time with it (which makes you wonder just how many episodes it's going to have). It felt like the VN, to a certain degree at least. That's a very good thing. It was very easy to "settle in" because of it. Helps of course that this first episode was extra long.

Lancer... I kinda missed him to be honest, lol. I like this Lancer a whole lot more than the one in F/Z.

Well, I guess I miss(ed) most of the characters in FSN though. There's many, many left that still needs to be introduced. Like REJOICE, Emiya Shirou.

Alfadios
10-05-2014, 01:20 AM
Soo after seeing it again in all it`s glory,I have to say All Hail to mighty Studio Ufotable. This show looks so fucking fucking good and with Zankyou no Terror last season,which looked amazing this even tops it by a good chunk. Well enough fantasizing about the animation. As Harle said I like that they made it slow and really close to the original ,but I expected that from Ufotable to some degree. I also liked how they used some Fate/zero tracks for the music and hope there will be more godly music(hoping for Epic Emiya Remix) The Opening was okay,though I have to hear it a few more times to actually judge that. Now with next weeks Episode also being 1 hour long, let us all REJOICE and see how the rest will be.

desi
10-05-2014, 06:11 AM
What an excellent episode. They pretty much adapted the prologue scene for scene. It was really nice seeing some characters again like harle said.. really missed Lancer :P The fight scene between Archer and Lancer in the VN is probably the first scene in the VN when I knew it was going to be a really good read. Rin is my favorite out of the main trio, so I thought she had some funny moments as well.

desi
10-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Holy shit, one thing that obviously the VN couldn't show..

If you still have the episode downloaded, at approx 38:37 Archer mumbles "trace on" to recreate his swords.. HOLY SHIT

battlerrules
10-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Fate/Hollow confirmed

Harlequin
10-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Holy shit, one thing that obviously the VN couldn't show..

If you still have the episode downloaded, at approx 38:37 Archer mumbles "trace on" to recreate his swords.. HOLY SHIT

You're right, there are some hints and details that are either not present in the VN (like the one you mentioned), or, they're more hidden in the VN. Though it's been a while so it's hard to remember all the little details. Anyway, some might not see it as a positive change, but I think it's cool.

Yachi
10-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Fate/Hollow confirmed

^^^

Mishagal
10-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Fate/Hollow confirmed

Source?

Alfadios
10-07-2014, 05:48 PM
Also after browsing through MAL forums a bit and confirming it myself,it seems that they cut a scene out of the tv-release contrary to the cinema pre-screening, namely being Rin and Archer visiting the burning field location and discussing the great fire and reality Marbles there. Should be in the BD later hopefuly. With that being said I hope that there won`t be much else scenes that are ommitted in the tv release...

Harlequin
10-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Also after browsing through MAL forums a bit and confirming it myself,it seems that they cut a scene out of the tv-release contrary to the cinema pre-screening, namely being Rin and Archer visiting the burning field location and discussing the great fire and reality Marbles there. Should be in the BD later hopefuly. With that being said I hope that there won`t be much else scenes that are ommitted in the tv release...

Yep. And that's pretty much the only negative that could be said for the first episode (assuming you didn't watch the pre-screening). But it won't even be that once the BD releases and everyone ends up watching that instead. Don't see a reason why they would only show that scene in the pre-screening and nowhere else, so it gotta be in the BD at least. It's actually a pretty good and informative scene if I remember correctly from the VN... but the kind of information that scene tells you shows up elsewhere in future scenes as well I think, so it should be fine.

I don't think scenes will be omitted in the later episodes since those will at least be of standard episode length. And no pre-screening involved with them either.

Some guy
10-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Still feel abit crestfallen that UBW is the new series and not Heavens Feel. Heavens Feel getting shoved into a movie is going to end up like the old UBW movie, completely glossed over and basically a highlights reel. =/

Don't get me wrong, Rin is my no.1 waifu in the F/SN universe - It's just UBW has already been done (albiet poorly). That and Fate/Zero totally convinced me it would lead into Heavens Feel.

desi
10-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Still feel abit crestfallen that UBW is the new series and not Heavens Feel. Heavens Feel getting shoved into a movie is going to end up like the old UBW movie, completely glossed over and basically a highlights reel. =/

Don't get me wrong, Rin is my no.1 waifu in the F/SN universe - It's just UBW has already been done (albiet poorly). That and Fate/Zero totally convinced me it would lead into Heavens Feel.

Ufotable doesn't seem the type to do that to a type-moon work... my bet is we have a series of Heavens Feel movies like the Kara no Kyoukai movies.. except probably not as many. Even if it's just a single movie, i'm sure they'll make it as best as they can.

Harlequin
10-09-2014, 12:46 AM

You don't have to worry about that because HF is (almost) certainly getting more than just one movie. I mean it doesn't make sense that it would only get one anyway. Why would ufotable make a clearly solid adaptation for UBW but then decide to get one movie for HF, which wouldn't be enough?`No they wouldn't I don't think. They're already familiar with the several movie-style format thanks to KnK too, so it wouldn't be something new to them. At the moment on MAL it says that HF is 1 movie, but that's because ufotable hasn't said anything about how many movies there'll be yet.

But yes we'll have to wait quite a long time until HF comes out. I want to see that the most but what can you do.

Alfadios
10-12-2014, 02:28 AM
OMG that first Episode. That GAE BOLG<3<3<3 I just love it. I just do.

Harlequin
10-12-2014, 03:19 AM
(Ep01)

Did not disappoint. Again, staying on point with the VN (is that the right way to put it? whatever). I mean, how much even needs to be said? It was great. Exactly as it should be, in my opinion. The early "calm" parts are pretty much exactly what you get in the VN. Same with the later parts really... same kind of pacing. I bet SOME unimportant scenes were skipped, but that's to be expected. To be honest I think I like seeng these slice of life scenes animated more than I did reading them. Specifically the ones that take place at Emiya's house. Hmm... yea, maybe ... well it was good whatever the case.

The Gae Bolg noble phantasm looked beautiful and awesome animated. Great fight in general.

Oh yea, actually got the OP and ED this time. They were both nice. Some sweet, sweet teasers in the OP of things to come.

As short as it may have been, Illya's first appearance here was amazing. I love that "slightly" sinister nature of her. I believe the next episode will have both her and Berserker, so I'm looking forward to that.

Now to wait another week for episode 2. Fuck me............................

Some guy
10-12-2014, 04:03 AM
Time will tell I soppose (regarding HF) - setting aside my complaints, I admit I am looking forward to UBW having a "proper" telling of the tale. <3 Rin,

Lol, my only dislike for UBW stems from something really weird - I have a strong dislike of Archer, and the closeness Rin and him share; it never really feels like a "Rin and Shirou" story, and is rather more of some weird triangle instead. :P

Harlequin
10-12-2014, 05:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gaVoBVQ.jpg

Alfadios
10-12-2014, 02:19 PM
And just because I love it so much here the scene in all it`s glory:

http://a.pomf.se/rbfthw.webm

desi
10-14-2014, 05:47 AM
Lol, my only dislike for UBW stems from something really weird - I have a strong dislike of Archer, and the closeness Rin and him share

Yeah, that is pretty weird :P I actually like that part.

Anyway, obviously another great episode.. well guys, we can't be too spoiled by these 50 minute episodes anymore. Obviously i'm sure they'll keep up the quality.. next episode sounds like some Kotomine explanations.. can't wait!

Have to say though The show does give you more hints on certain things.. like the pendant foreshadowing and Sakura's mark. IIRC, in the VN it was harder to make a conclusion on these things.. I believe there wasn't a CG for her mark, and the pendant scene in the VN was Shirou trying to clean up to hide the evidence. Again, not bad things or anything... or maybe it's just because we've read the VN that it's more obvious.

desi
10-14-2014, 01:42 PM
UTW is now doing this show.. if you can wait.

Harlequin
10-14-2014, 02:52 PM
The show does give you more hints on certain things.. like the pendant foreshadowing and Sakura's mark. IIRC, in the VN it was harder to make a conclusion on these things.. I believe there wasn't a CG for her mark, and the pendant scene in the VN was Shirou trying to clean up to hide the evidence. Again, not bad things or anything... or maybe it's just because we've read the VN that it's more obvious.

Yea I'm pretty sure it's more clear here than in the VN. Now there's been several hints in just two episodes. I mean the pendant scene is really damn obvious to be honest. It's just easier to notice it all when it's animated and when there's less details to take in overall... and it does get more focus than in the VN, yea. Either that or I'm just remembering wrong. Either way, I'm pretty sure I would've noticed it here in the anime even if I was completely new to the series. "Shirou picks up the pendant Rin left there... ... but... wait... Archer is the one who gave back the pendant to her in the prologue - an empty pendant at that..." HOWEVER, would someone normally come to the conclusion that Archer is somehow the future Emiya Shirou, etc. etc. from that? Maybe not. It's probably too early in the story in general for someone to come to that wild of a conclusion. It's not like they would be able to explain it properly in any way. It's simply too weird. Well, whatever. I don't mind.

UTW is now doing this show.. if you can wait.

Depends entirely on just how long they take with each episode. One day? Okay, I can wait for that I think. Two days?........... maybe. Three days? Nope.

Alfadios
10-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Depends entirely on just how long they take with each episode. One day? Okay, I can wait for that I think. Two days?........... maybe. Three days? Nope.

Tbh as much as I`d like quality subs...I can`t even wait for 1 day...too much HYPE. But I will later get it from UTW for storage^^

Alfadios
10-18-2014, 10:06 PM
So our Luxus of 1 hour episodes has ended and we get only normal episodes now. Is that a reason to be sad,well yes,but it`S still top quality. This episode was quite Dialogue heavy,introduces our all beloved Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei. Pacing wise it was really good and think again close to the VN(it slowly gets a bit difficult to track in my mind...). Also that cliffhanger<3<3<3

Really nice Episode 5/5

desi
10-19-2014, 04:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sXhJNAl.jpg

I swear, they better keep his roar.

Also,

http://i.imgur.com/5rxAi3z.jpg

EDIT: Another thing that might make it pretty.. or REALLY obvious, is the fact that the church is dark and creepy. In the VN, it's bright and he's just like a normal priest.. this just gives it away.. I mean, it's not a HUGE twist, but still

Harlequin
10-19-2014, 05:51 AM
Well, that was pretty straightforward. Not much to say. It's... how it happens in the VN. It's remarkable isn't it? How often do you get shows where they take exactly as much time as necessary? But yes,

Another thing that might make it pretty.. or REALLY obvious, is the fact that the church is dark and creepy. In the VN, it's bright and he's just like a normal priest.. this just gives it away.. I mean, it's not a HUGE twist, but still

there's a difference in how certain scenes end up looking and sounding compared to the VN. Like this one.

And personally I really liked the lit up scenery with that slightly ominous Church on the Hill playing in the background. So if I had to choose one of the two then I'd go with the VN style in this case. But whatever, this is fine too.

And I didn't expect that kind of music tune to play when they zoomed in on Illya and Berserker. A bit surprising, but it was cool and appropriate I think. "Big Bad Berserker, you should be worried"

desi
10-19-2014, 06:15 AM
^Yeah, I agree with the music haha.

Also, a cool throwback to the Fate/Zero scene that I didn't notice at first http://i.imgur.com/9yMZGKj.gif

Alfadios
10-19-2014, 01:41 PM
^Yeah, I agree with the music haha.

Also, a cool throwback to the Fate/Zero scene that I didn't notice at first http://i.imgur.com/9yMZGKj.gif

you`re right desi...I had a feeling I`ve seen that before,but now I know where I`ve seen it xD.

ale137
10-23-2014, 05:11 AM
Now that Type Moon is making the remake of Tsukihime i hope they finally do the anime.
Shiki vs Nrvnqsr made by ufotabe!!!

Mishagal
10-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Wow, they are really changing the storyline compared to VN. It's not a bad thing at all, but didn't they reveal Gilgamesh a bit too early? Well, it doesn't really matter as long as they keep making more episodes that have such epic fighting scenes <3

And btw, why is there a magic circle in the shed of Shirou's house? Yes, I know that Kiritsugu lived there, but he summoned Saber in the Einzbern's castle, so it can't be the same. Does anyone remember if that was ever explained?

Alfadios
10-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Well concerning the blonde Foreigner in this episode,as he was already in the prologue it`s not like he was revealed to earlyBut I liked that scene. The scene with Illya fighting Rin was also nice,it showed pretty much how strong a Master Illya really is,also nice refrence to F/Z.So both anime Original scenes were pretty nice for me.

All in all I absolutely love this Episode from the OST,to the extra scenes,to the fights.

AND those fight scenes,those Motherfucking Awesome fight scenes,they really show how big Ufotable`s Budget is,namely UNLIMITED xD.
Also that Galadbolg II<3<3<3 and this:

http://puu.sh/cqk3l.jpg

That smirk is so good in every regard,showing his real Intentions to also hit his Emiya and OMG I just love it<3<3<3.(Fangirling too much I guess...)

desi
10-25-2014, 11:24 PM
And btw, why is there a magic circle in the shed of Shirou's house? Yes, I know that Kiritsugu lived there, but he summoned Saber in the Einzbern's castle, so it can't be the same. Does anyone remember if that was ever explained?

Pretty sure Irisviel and Saber drew the circle 10 years earlier in the events of Zero

Another awesome episode.. while the other episodes pretty much followed scene by scene, this one had more original content.. not that it's bad or anything, it seems to be working mostly fine so far.

Mishagal
10-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Well concerning the blonde Foreigner in this episode,as he was already in the prologue it`s not like he was revealed to early.

True, but this scene proved that he is an important person and somehow connected with Kotomine WAY earlier than how it was in VN.

ale137
10-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Thats taken common knowloge now since most people waching this alredy saw Fate/Zero and know that Kotomine is Gilgamesh master, so its not a spoiler.
Another reference to Zero could be how saver was a little frustrated when she saw Illya and made the conection between her and Irisviel or in Ep.2 when Kotomine tightens his fists when he talks about the Master that put his hands in the 4th war.

And the circle
was made by Irisviel to prepare for when her functions as a human get turn off so she can become the grail.

Alfadios
10-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Actually NO. The series is to be seen as a standalone and everything concerning Fate/Zero should be seen as NOT be known. Of course there are refrences here and there you get when you know that stuff,but no knowledge should be required. SO it may be a bit early to show that they both are connected,but we don`t know how yet and if it really is important.

ale137
10-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Here is another thing we dont know, who the hell is the blondie?? we saw him talking to sakura and kotomine but we dont even know his name

Alfadios
10-26-2014, 02:11 AM
You get it^^

Mishagal
10-26-2014, 07:22 AM
Thanks guys, I missed that point of view

Harlequin
10-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Epic shit. But I didn't expect less anyway.

I did like that new scene with Rin and Illya. It was a good addition. Makes it feel a bit more connected, which isn't really a bad thing. It's not like it took away from anything else super important, as far as I know. We just get more stuff basically.

ale137
10-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks guys, I missed that point of view

also the first season is a common route between UBW and HF so there are going to be some things mix up, for example thats scene was from HF

desi
11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Obviously besides nude Illya in the beginning, my favorite scene in this episode is probably Mitsuzuri talking with Shirou and him having a flashback. I definitely know the Illya scene wasn't in the VN, but the second scene I described, I don't exactly recall if it was there or not, but it was a nice touch.

Harlequin
11-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Haha, as far as remembering what scenes the VN had or didn't have, I'm also quite lost at this point. I mean that scene with Rin destroying those bone familiars for example... did that happen in the VN? I don't remember it at least. Especially not anything about a big bone familiar. Whatever, it was excellent as usual. It feels like I'm actually getting everything that's necessary with this adaptation. Pure bliss, basically. You can just watch one of these episodes without having to worry that it's going to fail horribly somehow.

Alfadios
11-02-2014, 12:28 AM
Nicely paced Episode for me,lot`s of Win moments,from Illya Scene at the beginning, jealous Sakura,Ayako Scene with Shirou Flashbacks,to Rin`s scenes at the End. My hopes that this will stay High quality are getting more and more confirmed:

http://i.imgur.com/g256ESH.jpg

@Harle yes it`s mentioned that Rin fights "Golems" in the VN, but I don`t remember how they were described,so the look may be liberties on Ufotable`s part, albeit nice.

Mishagal
11-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Haha, as far as remembering what scenes the VN had or didn't have, I'm also quite lost at this point. I mean that scene with Rin destroying those bone familiars for example... did that happen in the VN? I don't remember it at least. Especially not anything about a big bone familiar.

There was a scene (text only) where Rin and Archer went to an office building and found collapsed people. There may have been a few lines about the bone warriors as well but I'm not 100% sure.

Loved the preview of the next episode. I can't believe those chess pieces could contain that much information about everything :rolleyes:

ale137
11-02-2014, 04:23 AM
There was an off-hand comment about how rin had to figth several familiars in the office building, but no figthing scene

Obviously besides nude Illya in the beginning, my favorite scene in this episode is probably Mitsuzuri talking with Shirou and him having a flashback. I definitely know the Illya scene wasn't in the VN, but the second scene I described, I don't exactly recall if it was there or not, but it was a nice touch.

Mitsuzuri scene was in the vn, after she says how shiro didnt laugh at her jokes in the camp shiro comments about how she made rice to everyone in the club and that Mitsuzuri was good at making food in bulk while he could do small but elaborate dishes (shiro likes to derail every conversation to cooking). I think there was also a little from ataraxia there

desi
11-09-2014, 11:06 PM
I know you can probably put a million different comparison pictures of UBW deen vs UBW ufotable, but this was pretty funny

http://i.imgur.com/HGdR0Pw.gif?1

http://i.imgur.com/Vg1qQrV.gif

Different tone, style, and everything.

Also, Rider <3

ale137
11-10-2014, 05:39 AM
this version has a 10 on Rin facial expressions

Some guy
11-18-2014, 11:14 AM
I've been re-reading FSN (with the Realta nua patch from BL - the new music is meh sometimes) for the first time in afew years - man, i've forgotten just how much of a derp Shirou is, lol~ What episode are they on now? Been holding off on watching the series until its fully out.

ale137
11-18-2014, 01:44 PM
next chapter is archer vs caster

Some guy
11-18-2014, 08:16 PM
next chapter is archer vs caster

At Ryuuduo Temple righ? They are pacing it better then I expected, I figured they would be further by now. kinda frustrating since I'm already waiting lol, but pleasing that it has the depth the movie lacked.

desi
12-07-2014, 10:25 PM
+1 for adapting this scene

http://i.imgur.com/tE5jNYA.png

pramit
12-08-2014, 05:25 PM
i have yet see beyond episode 04 because i am waiting for utw. Gonna wait till december 16th. Its so painful, not being able to see the new fate episodes..

Harlequin
12-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Last episode of the first cour will be double length, similar to ep0 & ep1. (https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/543403981863518208)

Some guy
12-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Where abouts are they now? At the point Saber is captured? Trying to think of a good "mid spot".

desi
12-12-2014, 09:59 PM
They haven't officially found out who Caster's master is yet, which will probably happen next episode. This is a total guess on my part, but I think they might leave off at the part where Archer betrays Rin as a midpoint in the series

Essentially this season has 16 normal length episodes for half of the route, and they've done a damn good job so far

Harlequin
12-27-2014, 09:05 PM
F/sn UBW 2nd cour preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKkOxH28Vm4

Harlequin
12-28-2014, 05:48 PM
Welp, it's done. First cour was as good as expected, for me at least. I REALLY like the fact that they decided to have longer episodes when necessary. And it'll be even more content with the BD version.

The wait for 2nd cour is going to be excruciating... I just want it right now. Even more so HF...

desi
01-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Great first season. A lot of the stuff showed in the last episode was new, but it definitely didn't ruin/hinder anything in regards to the source material. The wait for the next season is going to suck, but it'll be worth it.. it's going to be so action-packed.

pramit
01-04-2015, 08:29 AM
I just went through all the episodes. Ufotable really is amazing, this the best anime adaptation i have ever seen. Some scenes are not in the vn, but they being added just makes it better, not worse. Fight scenes are awesome. But some of them are a bit over the top. Like the scene with berserker against saber where saber stuck his sword in the ground..i never understood that animation sequence where saber was somewhat dancing in the air. Also, kuzuki vs shirou, i wonder how shirou manages to wound kuzuki's hands with those hastily made swords(and those swords didn't even break after taking a few blows). Is that how it was in the vn? Also, i find it hard to believe that their fight could break the concrete on the road.

Joyfulgirl
02-21-2015, 03:55 AM
yay I can't wait for the next season to air!

Some guy
02-23-2015, 04:13 AM
yay I can't wait for the next season to air!

It's drawing near - along with the 2nd part of 2wei. :) 2015 is looking good for once, lol.

desi
03-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Mark it down, activate your hype thrusters again.. UBW second season begins April 4th.

VNHunter
03-02-2015, 11:05 PM
I bet the first coming episode will have more or less 45mins again...
45 mins of that mouth dropping animation... all hail unlimited budget works... all hail ufotable... XD

riddle
03-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Mark it down, activate your hype thrusters again.. UBW second season begins April 4th.

http://s18.postimg.org/a4kkttd79/aww_yiss.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/a4kkttd79/)

Harlequin
03-21-2015, 03:15 PM
(https://twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/579084341516455936?utm_source=fb&fb_ref=Default&utm_content=579096859152490497&utm_campaign=ufotable&utm_medium=fb)

http://i.imgur.com/cI74B00.jpg (http://i.imgur.com/ZmwSYic.jpg)

And a preview -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X8ZBVgairo#t=139

ale137
04-04-2015, 08:46 PM
first ep translated
NT &#62; [HorribleSubs] Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works - 13 [1080p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=673942)

Harlequin
04-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Time passes way too quickly watching these episodes... it's annoying, lol. And now there's a whole week until the next one airs.

Well, anyway, very nice start to the second season. Personally I really like the OP in this one.

Oh Shinji... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://i.imgur.com/Ov8sCav.jpg

ale137
04-04-2015, 11:25 PM
i dont know why but i get the feeling that they are going to screw up all the scenes with shinji in it.
In the firs season they made him look like a saturday morning cartoon. I wanted to punch the monitor when he started dancing when Rider used Blood Fort in the school.
And does anyone else feels like the artist put all their hate when drew him???
Every time i saw him it was like he was a little different from the background and i wanted to skip that part even though he wasnt doing anything.

VNHunter
04-04-2015, 11:42 PM
feels like the artist put all their hate when drew him

not surprising at all... LOL
after all, be it fate, UBW, or specially HF, shinji was meant to be hated...

next ep will probably be a slow one for those itching for more of the action... but no complaints so far...

ale137
04-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Still, child killer ryunosuke gets more love than him, thats sad.
And i really dont want a Shinji/Coyote in HF.

desi
04-05-2015, 01:55 AM
i dont know why but i get the feeling that they are going to screw up all the scenes with shinji in it.
In the firs season they made him look like a saturday morning cartoon. I wanted to punch the monitor when he started dancing when Rider used Blood Fort in the school.

To be fair, he's like that a lot in the actual route. We don't truly know how much of a douchebag he really is until HF.

Harlequin
04-06-2015, 01:10 PM
60fps version of the season 2 OP, made by SharpNazgul on /r/anime: http://puu.sh/h2u8W.webm It's possible to download it from there too. (right click -> save video as)

Mishagal
04-11-2015, 11:06 PM
What an episode! The story of Caster's master was great, and the action scene at the end was totally awesome. 5/5 stuff for sure.

ale137
04-12-2015, 04:28 AM
I. AM. A. FUCKING. PSICHIYC.
Did you see shinji grand entrance at the end. We just need a rock to flatten him and then he just blows on his finger to be whole again.
Heaven feel is going to totally ruin Durarara, Monogotari and Denpa kyoushi for me.

desi
04-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Great episode, but apparently the BDs add a whole 7 minutes to this episode, god damn. It'll be worth the rewatch later on it seems.

Some guy
04-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Nice, so they started up the second half huh? Which means in a afew months ill be able to finally watch this series. >_>

The wait has been painful, lol. Thought about watching it as it came out, but that would just be blah...

VNHunter
04-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Nice, so they started up the second half huh? Which means in a afew months ill be able to finally watch this series. >_>

The wait has been painful, lol. Thought about watching it as it came out, but that would just be blah...

Don't forget about the BDs...

Some guy
06-28-2015, 06:26 AM
Don't forget about the BDs...

Bleh, I'm a patient man... but not that patient.

I'm guessing it's close to done? last time I peeked in on the news about the series, I saw a few snapshots of Shirou fighting Gilgamesh.

Is it all done? Or is there still an episode or two to go?

Harlequin
06-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Is it all done? Or is there still an episode or two to go?

It's done now.

By the way, you made the right choice in waiting. This series, just like F/Z, would be quite a lot better to marathon than to watch on a weekly basis.

Also remember to get the BDs for Season 1 at least since those are actually out right now. NT &#62; [UTW]_Fate_stay_night_Unlimited_Blade_Works_-_00-12_[BD][h264-1080p][FLAC] (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=683157)

ale137
06-28-2015, 07:00 PM
do we know the release date for HF?

desi
06-28-2015, 07:18 PM
do we know the release date for HF?

Not yet.

Some guy
07-01-2015, 07:13 AM
Just finished episode 12, figured I'd take a small break. So far I am not dissapointed. :)

Character art is flawless, and they are mostly faithful to the VN as for story-telling and dialouge, with some nice additions.

Music is pretty generic and boring however =/ (I didn't notice any signature themes at all? or perhaps I was too busy watching to notice :P) But perhaps it'll pick up in the 2nd half.

With all the obvious hints they've shown off about Sakura in Zero, and even in this current route, UFO better do a good job with Heavens Feel.

Harlequin
07-01-2015, 11:12 PM
I wasn't too impressed with the music in S1 either. S2 has better tracks.

The full season 2 OST that comes out later is going to be really awesome tbh. Looking forward to it.

Harlequin
07-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Heaven's Feel will might just be ONE regular length movie. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1401574&show=0

I don't fucking even.

edit: Apparently it's not actually confirmed to be one movie. There might've been some misunderstanding/mistranslation. Not sure, they''ve been talking about it in that thread though. I really hope it's not true.

Mishagal
07-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Are you really saying that it was a lie at the end of the last episode of UBW when it showed the teaser for the HF movie?

Harlequin
07-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Are you really saying that it was a lie at the end of the last episode of UBW when it showed the teaser for the HF movie?

Huh? Lie? What? The teaser is real. HF is getting adapted. It'll be in movie format. That much we know.

Just to clarify - it might be a misunderstanding in that thread that HF will only be ONE movie. That's the main point here. We obviously want it to be multiple movies, and honestly I think most people thought it would be. But... maybe it'll just be one. We don't know for sure.

Mishagal
07-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Huh? Lie? What? The teaser is real. HF is getting adapted. It'll be in movie format. That much we know.

Just to clarify - it might be a misunderstanding in that thread that HF will only be ONE movie. That's the main point here. We obviously want it to be multiple movies, and honestly I think most people thought it would be. But... maybe it'll just be one. We don't know for sure.

Ah ok, I misunderstood and thought that there won't be any adaptions.

Some guy
07-05-2015, 01:36 AM
God I hope its a mistranslation/misunderstanding.... but I did read a quote somewhere of Nasu saying in a interview he'd like it to "at least be an OVA" I don't know how real that quote was, as it was a second-hand translation out of context, but might show how he feels about Heavens Feel - would explain the utter resistance to adapt it up to now - even going so far as picking UBW a "2nd" time for adaption over it.

But seriously, if it's a single movie *rage slowly starts to bubble*. I will pretty salty, needless to say lol...

In the meantime, I should wactch the rest of ubw, now that I have soem time. :)

Some guy
07-07-2015, 10:28 AM
All done - like you said, the music got a bit better in the last half - still not completely satisfied, but it was pretty decent.

UFO did a good job, and I like how they tied in Saber, and her own backstory/troubles and eventual resolution - even though it was only implied in the VN, and not directly brought out.

Great story, and well produced - but damn is it frustrating. It remains my least favorite of the three arcs, which is funny because Rin is my #1 girl. Guess I just want her to be happy for the rest of her life - without her having to worry about and deal with Shirou's stubborn and self-destructive road to hell. Talk about falling in love with the wrong person~ But that's matter opinion I guess, I can respect and admire his preseverence, but I resent his lack of empathy for those that care about him. He might be grateful, but ultimately he will do what he wants - regardless of the feelings of even those that are close. And that just rubs me the wrong way. Ah well, /rant off - I knew thats how it would go the moment I started watching the series, afterall :P

Heavens Feel incoming - hopefully sooner rather then later.