PDA

View Full Version : Studios Ruining/screwing up Animes

switch
03-18-2012, 06:49 AM
yes...so tday ep 59 of beelzebub came out, one more ep to go before it finishes...pierot cud not have made a better job at SCREWING
beelzebub...
the badass beelzebub has been turned into a baby anime watched by girls..(WTF??)
most bad ass characters have been turned into filler shit afro dudes with no other existance other than being hit by oga...
this same process(screwing up tat is) has been done to ao no exorcist and deadman wonderland....(add 100 other anime here)
so waz ur opinion guys/girls/fags/bi/random guys?????

Haika
03-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Oh I totally agree. Be it from Light Novel, Manga, or VN, when the producers get their hands on a story to make it into an anime they tend to butcher it completely.

Now there are some exceptions, like with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, that actually follows the manga faithfully. So there's still hope, it's just very very slim. My current prayers are for Sankarea. I really hope they don't ruin that one.

killerinsidee
03-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Oh I totally agree. Be it from Light Novel, Manga, or VN, when the producers get their hands on a story to make it into an anime they tend to butcher it completely.

Now there are some exceptions, like with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, that actually follows the manga faithfully. So there's still hope, it's just very very slim. My current prayers are for Sankarea. I really hope they don't ruin that one.

Studio Deen is doing Sankarea, so i guess there is some hope after all.

shihmeng91
03-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Well, cant really care anymore = =" there are just too much anime don't not meet up their origin.

At less dont mass up Gintama, then i will be very happy ^.^

Maxar
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
This is the reason why I always try to get the original work and not some adaption.
Though most times I'd say they do a proper enough job to not screw up everything.
It seldom happens though, that I like an adaption more than the original.

Alien
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Studio Deen is doing Sankarea, so i guess there is some hope after all.

After Fate/Stay Night and Umineko? Abandon all hope, ye who sees Studio DEEN attached to a project you're looking forward to. They've got shitty animation, they're bad at adapting, and perhaps most damningly they've got shoddy storyboarding. Sankarea doesn't really seem like a thing where the first and last have all that much impact, but they keep taking projects that ARE impacted in those areas.

Studio DEEN is shit. Bones is pretty good, going by FMA and Scrapped Princess. ufotable is the best. I have yet to see anything made by ufotable that is not absolutely beautiful. Even the bonus episode of Kara no Kyoukai which literally consists of two people standing in the snow and talking for 22 minutes (or perhaps more, I don't recall) is visually stunning.

Dan.
03-18-2012, 07:04 PM
It used to be that I would usually learn about the anime first. Sometimes, when I really liked something and wanted more, I would read the original. Then (in most cases) I would realize the anime (that I thought was great) was terrible. I would think, 'What did they do to this? How could they have turned this work of art into that?' But I do realize that you have to make some sacrifices when adapting something, and there are different limits to what you can do in different forms of media. And given those limitations, I can see that a lot of adaptations are food adaptations, but not as good as the originals.

But I do think Kyoto Animation did the adaptations of Kanon and Clannad in the best way possible. I don't think there is any way they could be any better. I still think the visual novels are better, but the animated version are great, and they were able to get each story into it without making too many compromises or confusing the viewer.

killerinsidee
03-18-2012, 08:59 PM
After Fate/Stay Night and Umineko? Abandon all hope, ye who sees Studio DEEN attached to a project you're looking forward to. They've got shitty animation, they're bad at adapting, and perhaps most damningly they've got shoddy storyboarding. Sankarea doesn't really seem like a thing where the first and last have all that much impact, but they keep taking projects that ARE impacted in those areas.

Studio DEEN is shit. Bones is pretty good, going by FMA and Scrapped Princess. ufotable is the best. I have yet to see anything made by ufotable that is not absolutely beautiful. Even the bonus episode of Kara no Kyoukai which literally consists of two people standing in the snow and talking for 22 minutes (or perhaps more, I don't recall) is visually stunning.

I haven't seen Fate/Stay Night or Umineko anime yet, but I liked some of the other older shows that they made. Also I don't think there is any studio that made all crap anime and not a single good one. Example - Studio Deen made Seitokai no Ichizon, which I found to be an awesome anime. Maybe I just watched the few good ones from them, no idea.

Haika
03-18-2012, 09:48 PM
The Fate anime wasn't as bad as it could have been. They tended to blur the routes together some, but it was far better than say the Tsukihime anime. The latter just seemed to make up crap directly contrary to what was in the visual novel.

I haven't played or watched Umineko so I have no thoughts there however.

When I think of anime butchery, I always think of the horrible filler in the long run shows like Bleach and Naruto, The made up ending for the first FMA, and that horrible lolipop the dubbed One Piece was given. Certain things over the years that just make me rage and see red.

Ryu
03-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Who the hell whatches dubbed anime nowadays anyway? (besides kids who don't know how to download the subbed ones).

Back in the days' 4kids fucked up One Piece big time.

Haika
03-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Who the hell whatches dubbed anime nowadays anyway? (besides kids who don't know how to download the subbed ones).

I used to watch the old Toonami and other dubbed shows on Cartoon Network 8-9 years ago. I didn't have much internet at the time, so I couldn't get much exposure to any sort of anime otherwise. It sucked horribly, but it was better than nothing. Once I had decent access again, I dropped those dub things like hot irons. Hence how I found out how bad the changes were.

SaruDa
03-19-2012, 05:09 AM

And that is something I will never forgive them for.

switch
03-19-2012, 08:04 AM
And that is something I will never forgive them for.

me too hate 4kids and funimation

Shunrei
04-07-2012, 06:33 AM
I hate the one who did Air Gear! pissed me so much, and the one who did Hyakka Ryouran, Kore wa Zombie desu ka, and darn i dislike the company which tends to shorten the plot and makes the story annoying, at some parts they are good, but man.. they could've done better!

Dan.
04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
So I just watched the first episode of Hyouka, and the adaptation was so bad I had to start a new topic for it:
https://erogegames.com/social/anime-lobby/567-hyouka/

OneManArmy
04-23-2012, 07:39 PM
me too hate 4kids and funimation
Never heard anything about 4kids but funimation sucks like hell.

Haika
04-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Ugh, Funimation has bought rights to Sankarea... >.<

OneManArmy
04-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Good that I don't care about manga or anime anymore. It's these days all about visual novels.

Dan.
04-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Ugh, Funimation has bought rights to Sankarea... >.<

It doesn't even matter, since I just get the fansubs anyways and subs are way better then dubs (personal opinion - I don't want to start a fight).

Avenger
04-23-2012, 10:51 PM
It doesn't even matter, since I just get the fansubs anyways and subs are way better then dubs (personal opinion - I don't want to start a fight).

And lolis are better than subs. That's not opinion, that's fact ^^

OneManArmy
04-23-2012, 10:51 PM
subs are way better then dubs (personal opinion - I don't want to start a fight).
So true. Only japanese voices fits to japanese figures. - I've no problems with starting a fight.

How can you compare lolis with subs anyway?

Dan.
04-23-2012, 10:55 PM

Well I can't argue with fact. Also I just read your disclaimer. It was quite amusing.

So true. Only japanese voices fits to japanese figures.

And there's so much in the way they speak that doesn't translate to other languages. Things like which pronouns they use, how they refer to each other, and how formally they speak make a big difference.

Cyclone
04-24-2012, 02:11 PM
So true. Only japanese voices fits to japanese figures. - I've no problems with starting a fight.

Yeah, and they also learned the trick with sophisticated grammar!

Maxar
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
And there's so much in the way they speak that doesn't translate to other languages. Things like which pronouns they use, how they refer to each other, and how formally they speak make a big difference.

Not to mention the fact how much emotion they put in their speaking, even at mediocre series.
I often get the feeling when watching "professional" german dubs by happenstance, that they asked the poorest and most boring voiced people on the street,
if they'd have some hour or so, to quickly dub an anime series -__-

Dan.
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Not to mention the fact how much emotion they put in their speaking, even at mediocre series.
I often get the feeling when watching "professional" german dubs by happenstance, that they asked the poorest and most boring voiced people on the street,
if they'd have some hour or so, to quickly dub an anime series -__-

It's the same with English dubs a lot of the time too.

superBlast
04-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Man I have no idea about componies and studios and whatever. I just watch anime, enjoy them, and move on. When there are some really awesome anime I'll go read the manga/light novel/VN but there isn't really many that I have. The only anime that I watched that made be do that is... F/SN, FMA: Brotherhhod, HOTD, and more recently, Accel world (I couldn't wait at all for what happens next so I skipped ahead in the manga... which I could only find 10 chapters translated lol).

And on the dubbed anime, I watch them sometimes when I just don't feel like reading anymore. And my stepbro only watches dubs since he reads really slow (and hates reading too). Like he has to pause the video on 70% of the lines just to read it without missing anything. Which sucks since he really misses out on alot of good anime.

OneManArmy
04-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Which sucks since he really misses out on alot of good anime.
Exactly so go and brainwash him!

Dan.
04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Exactly so go and brainwash him!

Just strap him to a chair with his eyes held open in front of a tv playing anime continuously for a few days.

OneManArmy
04-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Just strap him to a chair with his eyes held open in front of a tv playing anime continuously for a few days.
He would probably develop a chair fetish or would become a M ...

Dan.
04-26-2012, 10:57 PM
He would probably develop a chair fetish or would become a M ...

If it was an anime, that would definitely happen. By the way, you double-posted.

OneManArmy
04-26-2012, 11:04 PM
By the way, you double-posted.
Oh well, I deleted the other comment.

Dan.
04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Oh well, I deleted the other comment.

You should have just combined them. Copy + Paste

superBlast
04-26-2012, 11:27 PM
I wish I could but A) He is way bigger then me and stronger B) I don't have to tools to bring hims down C) I moved away a long while ago so he's 500 miles north of me right now. D) He'll still get pissed at me afterward for doing it.

Dan.
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
I wish I could but A) He is way bigger then me and stronger B) I don't have to tools to bring hims down C) I moved away a long while ago so he's 500 miles north of me right now. D) He'll still get pissed at me afterward for doing it.

A) Get a tranq gun
B) See A
C) Just do it next time you see him
D) He'll definitely thank you for this. Probably. Maybe. Okay, he'll probably be mad.

----

It seems like the real problem is reading the subtitles. [old man voice]That's the problem with kids these days. They don't read enough. In my day, if you had one book to read you were lucky. You would sit in the corner and read that book again and again, until your eyes dried out. Then you'd read it again. Kids these days with their video games and their computers - they don't understand the value of a good book. Blah, blah, blah, (falls asleep)[/old man voice]

superBlast
04-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Well it's tough to explain (mainly since I don't know enough details) but he has a good reason for being crappy at reading and spelling. So his dislike for it comes from being crappy I think.

Dan.
04-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Well it's tough to explain (mainly since I don't know enough details) but he has a good reason for being crappy at reading and spelling. So his dislike for it comes from being crappy I think.

I was just joking anyway; I don't expect everyone to be a speed-reader.

Nobu
04-27-2012, 02:37 AM
i have no idea wth u ppl are talking about but the studios or w.e that produce animes really don't do justice to the manga or whereever its from alot of times. Personally what i think that alot of these people are missing is the "perfect" background ost, take 4 example, Bleach, beautiful fighting scenes b/c the music gets u into the mood, even if the company threw in fillers EVERY FKING OTHER ARC.

OneManArmy
04-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Kids these days with their video games and their computers - they don't understand the value of a good book.
Hey gramp listen. I personally don't read any books either (I fuckin hate them to be honest) but I've no problems with reading subs or visual novels. And I'm actually a high speed reader. So where is your theory now?

but he has a good reason for being crappy at reading and spelling.
I don't care man. There isn't a good enough reason for not watching anime (sub) anyway. And if he have an illness or stuff, then use the anime subs as a therapy.

fillers
...I hate them.

Dan.
04-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Hey gramp listen. I personally don't read any books either (I fuckin hate them to be honest) but I've no problems with reading subs or visual novels. And I'm actually a high speed reader. So where is your theory now?

Kids these days have no respect for their elders.

Ryu
04-27-2012, 03:51 PM
No sh*t, take Majikoi for example.

The started the half-way part of Momoyo route, changed the outcome and turned it into a harem-like piece of crap anime.

[SPOILER ALERT][SPOILER ALERT]

Differences:

* In the VN, the girls never fought over Yamato, in fact, they don't give a crap about you unless you woo them (Except Miyako.)
* Momoyo never rejected Yamato in the VN and they started dating.
* Chris hates Yamato all the way unless you enter her route.

So yeah, Studios in order to sell they don't give a fuck about ruining the story of an Anime.

OneManArmy
04-27-2012, 05:20 PM
So yeah, Studios in order to sell they don't give a fuck about ruining the story of an Anime.
Right, it's all about the god damn money.