PDA

View Full Version : A few moderators?

desi
03-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry, this was probably in another thread but I made this thread so more people can see it. I think we are at a point where we might need a couple of moderators/section moderators. Stuff that belongs in the technical support section is being posted in the general section, things that are being posted in the social section might belong in the Eroge general talk section and I just saw a spam bot posting not too long ago here (https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-general-talk/457-pharma-department-store/) I guess its up to Ivan, but it might not be too bad of an idea to open up an applications section where people can possibly apply for a moderator position? Anyways, just a suggestion.

OneManArmy
03-23-2012, 10:37 PM
With or without you me...the second please.

switch
03-23-2012, 10:41 PM
its too early....d forum doesnt have much content and we need to add more functions to the site...we also need more member
ivan is also busy
so for now its too early

Caelistas
03-24-2012, 06:44 PM
I'd give it some more time, and like always everything depends of Ivan.

But yeah eventually we'll need (some) mod(s) ofcourse, if this forum keeps growing healthy.

shihmeng91
03-25-2012, 07:59 AM
Well, this is a suggestion might not direct relate to the post topic.

Problem = You guys need people to become moderator, yet lack of member and content for this forum.

Suggestion
Step 1= create a banner for the forum. ( this forum does not has any banner yet, if i not mistaken )
So it can attract more member to join and second it is something under the NAME of erogegames forum.

Step 2= determine the direction of this forum heading...
Eroge? Visual Novel? Game? Story? Manga? Anime?......

Step 3= create event to make member active
Well good for the admin that already create a calender for event to show the RELEASE date.
Example: competition story telling?

....(to be continue)

OneManArmy
03-25-2012, 02:45 PM
create a banner for the forum
It's crappy but I couldn't come up with something better.

Ryu
03-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Well, this is a suggestion might not direct relate to the post topic.

Problem = You guys need people to become moderator, yet lack of member and content for this forum.

Suggestion
Step 1= create a banner for the forum. ( this forum does not has any banner yet, if i not mistaken )
So it can attract more member to join and second it is something under the NAME of erogegames forum.

Step 2= determine the direction of this forum heading...
Eroge? Visual Novel? Game? Story? Manga? Anime?......

Step 3= create event to make member active
Well good for the admin that already create a calender for event to show the RELEASE date.
Example: competition story telling?

....(to be continue)

1. Agreed, a banner and more publicity will help the forum grow in members.

2. Obiously, the forum's theme is Visual Novels...........anime manga etc. are just add-ons.

shihmeng91
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM
1. Agreed, a banner and more publicity will help the forum grow in members.

2. Obiously, the forum's theme is Visual Novels...........anime manga etc. are just add-ons.

so it pretty much clear the theme is visual novels...

So this is the hard part, how do you guys need to maintain member to be active in visual novels forum?
What kind of event?

OneManArmy
03-26-2012, 12:01 AM
What kind of event?
Obviously the h events.

Nobu
03-26-2012, 12:27 AM
duh, we give active members a free sex robo slave.

OneManArmy
03-26-2012, 12:43 AM
duh, we give active members a free sex robo slave.
This somehow reminds me of that 'robo robo all the time' girl from demonbane...

shihmeng91
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Lol you guys ~

Just go and look at the poll make by members
View Poll Results: whats the most important thing in a eroge (https://erogegames.com/social/general-discussions-debates/275-whats-most-important-thing-eroge/)
View Poll Results: How many IRL friends do you have that also play eroge/VNs? (https://erogegames.com/social/general-discussions-debates/275-whats-most-important-thing-eroge/)

It is clearly majority members like story from visual novel and most of the member does not has anyone beside to share the interest.

So the event that i suggest to run are ~

1) Story Telling
Ask member to write a short story and then everyone vote together.

2) Banner Competition
Ask them to design for banner and submit it ~ the winner banner with be use as eroge forum banner.

Avenger
03-26-2012, 06:14 PM
3) Loli searching
Who can find the cutest loli?

OneManArmy
03-26-2012, 06:27 PM
3) Member searching
Who can find the cutest member?
Agreed. Would be an interesting thing.

Avenger
03-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I love you too Avenger.

Don't just change my comment >_>

OneManArmy
03-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Nah sorry man but I don't love you. We all know that I'm gay for saruda so don't mix things up.
And there isn't a rule which forbids to change other member's comments so you can't do anything against it, gahahahahaha~!

Danisco
03-26-2012, 07:36 PM
4) Artwork Competition
Show your best artwork! (make me some loli artwork :p)

switch
03-26-2012, 09:39 PM
^how about we add a section for imprisoning danisco??? we can make a nice cage, shackles and everything...
also a section on sex techniques would be AWESOME avenger can be the modfor that since he is the playboy around here LOL

Masao
03-26-2012, 09:45 PM
I don't get it....about what themes are discussed in this thread?

OneManArmy
03-26-2012, 09:57 PM
about what themes are discussed in this thread?
Dunno anymore.

Masao
03-26-2012, 10:20 PM
So... I love fire trucks <3

OneManArmy
03-26-2012, 10:31 PM
So... I love fire trucks <3
Oh right, fire trucks, this was the topic. No but seriously, we're just talking about new moderators.
I honestly don't see the real reason of this thread though because it's ivan's decision anyway.
If he needs some helping hands then he'll probably ask specific people on his own. I'm personally just here for trolling.

Danisco
03-27-2012, 06:20 PM
yeah your right OneManArmy just let Ivan decide it who might be the mod but first we need more members active

Ryu
03-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Also, if you are going to vote for a mod, don't do it to the person with most post counts, there's a difference between members who post crap like "I like it", "thx", "lol" and members who actually post useful things.

OneManArmy
03-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Hey, are you implying that all of my >160 posts are nothing besides crap? Well...beats me.

Ryu
03-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Hey, are you implying that all of my >160 posts are nothing besides crap? Well...beats me.

Nope, I never said any names lol, just my thoughts :P

Ryugenzawa
03-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Danisco Sempai, are u a mod?

Avenger
03-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Danisco Sempai, are u a mod?

Nobody is a mod yet, Ivan hasn't made a decision. That and there aren't really that many people posting so we may not need a mod (we have 717 members yet probably less than 50 have posted more than once or twice.)

OneManArmy
03-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Nope, I never said any names lol, just my thoughts :P
Nandemonai...I totally understand what you wanted to say...*sob sob*...waaaaaaahhhhhhh~!

Okay let's be serious here, you're of course right. That's the reason why I said : It's up to Ivan, he'll choose persons if necessary.
I never thought highly of moderator or admin votes anyway. They are usually crap. (-_-)p

Ryugenzawa
03-27-2012, 07:36 PM
Well.. Just for the sake of it.. I reccomend Danisco, Avenger and killerinsidee..

By the way, what do Moderaters do anyway?

Avenger
03-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Basically tell you when you're off-topic, remove spam, put threads in the right places, deal with troublemakers. Basically just enforce rules.

Ryugenzawa
03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
..........I take back my recommendations..........

Avenger
03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah I guess the "deal with troublemakers" bit kinda rules me out ;)

Ryugenzawa
03-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah I guess the "deal with troublemakers" bit kinda rules me out ;)

Yeah.. Sorry, no offense..

OneManArmy
03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
I reccomend Cookies, Beer and Pizza...
Then let me take the pizza...and some cookies...AND the beer. Thx.

Avenger
03-27-2012, 07:45 PM
None taken

*adds Ryugenzawa to #2 on ban list*

Ryugenzawa
03-27-2012, 07:49 PM
*adds Ryugenzawa to #2 on ban list*

Whos the 1st?

OneManArmy
03-27-2012, 07:50 PM
whos the 1st?
ME ME ME!!! Take me!!!

bellsprout
03-27-2012, 08:24 PM
whoa....I thought there was something really going on...

well then, I love Eroge!!

OneManArmy
03-27-2012, 08:46 PM
whoa....I thought there was something really going on...
If you see a thread where I posted more than two comments...don't expect anything of it.

desi
03-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Hmm... Okay nvm about the suggestion... I probably overestimated the size of this board.. just probably something to keep in mind in the future :cool:

Nobu
03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
obviously it cant be me on his #1 ban list :)
In anyccase, heres my suggestion for what a mod would do; he would ...MODerate things....hahahaha, no?

Caelistas
03-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Well.. Just for the sake of it.. I reccomend Danisco, Avenger and killerinsidee..

By the way, what do Moderaters do anyway?

Please are you kidding me? Avenger as mod? Would be the biggest troll of the year. ;)

jk

And mods only need to "uphold" the guidelines/rules (see support section for temp. guidelines).

Also, if you are going to vote for a mod, don't do it to the person with most post counts, there's a difference between members who post crap like "I like it", "thx", "lol" and members who actually post useful things.

< looks at my post count.... hmm no offence but are you reffering to me Ryu? , cause i don't post stuff like "i like it", "thx" and "lol". And i only post crap in the "what are you thinking right now" and "what do you think of the user above" you and such like threads.

Blayter
03-28-2012, 11:57 PM
As we are talking about what mods would be doing besides to uphold the rules, maybe they should do more stuff? I mean why did Admin make this forum? I doubt it was simply to let us have a place to talk about vn's and post about bad download links. Or maybe it was?

killerinsidee
03-29-2012, 01:02 AM
As we are talking about what mods would be doing besides to uphold the rules, maybe they should do more stuff? I mean why did Admin make this forum? I doubt it was simply to let us have a place to talk about vn's and post about bad download links. Or maybe it was?

What else would this forum be used for? Similar forum/sites like Fakku and K1 serve more or less the same purpose with some different additions.

Ryu
03-29-2012, 03:46 AM
Please are you kidding me? Avenger as mod? Would be the biggest troll of the year. ;)

jk

And mods only need to "uphold" the guidelines/rules (see support section for temp. guidelines).

< looks at my post count.... hmm no offence but are you reffering to me Ryu? , cause i don't post stuff like "i like it", "thx" and "lol". And i only post crap in the "what are you thinking right now" and "what do you think of the user above" you and such like threads.

Why everybody thinks I'm talking about them? loool, no cael, in the other forum I used to lurk, when a spot for moderator was opened, people started to post crap to increase post count, don't know why, maybe they tought the admin would take them in account xD.

Now to avoid futher misunderstanding, I didn't talk about any member in particular about posting crap, I'm here since the dawn of the forum and I know the senior members, they are my friends (including you :D) and I know they don't post crap, so I'm sorry if I did not expressed myself correctly in my other post. xD

OneManArmy
03-29-2012, 12:24 PM
they are my friends (including you )
Me and Ryu friends? *blush*

Ryugenzawa
03-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Soo... Is there no one suitable for the job?

Ryu
03-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Soo... Is there no one suitable for the job?

Anybody but Avenger will do fine. ;)

OneManArmy
03-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Anybody but Avenger will do fine.
Count me also out, I'm way too lazy. Even if Ivan-san would ask me directly, nope.

Avenger
03-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Anybody but Avenger will do fine. ;)

Ah, the sure signs of a Tsundere.

I have no experience of being a Mod, and I doubt I'd be any good, but I wouldn't mind giving it a chance. (Though I think too many people think I'm a troll for me to be a mod)

But anybody sensible would do, like Ryu or Cael, etc.

Slasherturtle
03-30-2012, 06:00 AM
(Though I think too many people think I'm a troll for me to be a mod)
:rolleyes: I wonder why.

Sensible :D

bellsprout
03-30-2012, 08:56 AM
hmm...is Ivan already in need of moderators? it seems the forum already getting out of hand for him to handle himself...I wonder who's responsible for this...hmm...

Ryugenzawa
03-30-2012, 09:03 AM
^I would name a few... but I like having friends..

OneManArmy
03-30-2012, 11:43 AM
it seems the forum already getting out of hand for him to handle himself
Eh? Why? Can't see the reason for that.

but I like having friends..
Friends are totally overrated.

Ryugenzawa
03-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Friends are totally overrated.

Alright, minions then..

OneManArmy
03-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Alright, minions then..
Wouldn't it be better to have some sex slaves?

Ryugenzawa
03-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Wouldn't it be better to have some sex slaves?

Only girls please... The guys remain as minions..

bellsprout
03-30-2012, 09:31 PM
err...umm...

OneManArmy
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
err...umm...
What? Don't make it sound like our comments wouldn't be topic related.

OneManArmy
03-30-2012, 11:59 PM
err...umm...

pandorasplea
03-31-2012, 04:54 AM
Have any mods been chosen yet? I admit I am kinda interested in being one but I wonder if I would be a good choice

Slasherturtle
03-31-2012, 06:09 AM
^ None that I know of.
*I wonder if a mod could report with "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" whenever there's a random comment....

bellsprout
03-31-2012, 06:50 AM

Ehehe..

^ None that I know of.
*I wonder if a mod could report with "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" whenever there's a random comment....

so, moderator = gandalf? pick me!

OneManArmy
03-31-2012, 12:18 PM
@turtle
This line would be used way too much these days.

Caelistas
03-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Why everybody thinks I'm talking about them? loool, no cael, in the other forum I used to lurk, when a spot for moderator was opened, people started to post crap to increase post count, don't know why, maybe they tought the admin would take them in account xD.

Now to avoid futher misunderstanding, I didn't talk about any member in particular about posting crap, I'm here since the dawn of the forum and I know the senior members, they are my friends (including you :D) and I know they don't post crap, so I'm sorry if I did not expressed myself correctly in my other post. xD

No problem, i was just wondering, everything's cool :p

+ like for friends :cool:

Anybody but Avenger will do fine.

This

Naaaa you'd be fine :p

Ah, the sure signs of a Tsundere.

I have no experience of being a Mod, and I doubt I'd be any good, but I wouldn't mind giving it a chance. (Though I think too many people think I'm a troll for me to be a mod)

Well thank you kind sir.

bellsprout
03-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Umm...about..umm...err...the..umm...

superBlast
04-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Well on the thread's sorta original topic. Whenever the forum needs mods I nominate myself because A) I have slight experience which really isn't any experience since I got to be a mod for week before my online buddy's forum shut down :P B) I have nukes C) I have a lot of nukes D) I got a ton of nukes [FAKE EGO MODE ON] E) I'm obviously THE most popular person in these forums. That makes me an obvious canidate :cool: [FAKE EGO MODE OFF]

But yeah I guess I wouldn't mind. But right now nothing big has happened to need any mods either. The only big thing that has happened is Avenger shut down the forums for a while somehow. Idk I signed up a little after that happened.

And back on this thread's off-topicness, Avenger is a troll? Man I hate not not being to tell if people are trolls or are trolling. I can never figure it out.

Avenger
04-03-2012, 06:46 AM
As far as I'm aware I have never trolled on purpose. Well, there are a couple of times I have but mostly I'm actually serious. I think I just have that kind of personality... you know...

Also, I have Caboose, which beats any number of nukes.

superBlast
04-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Caboose? Damn I don't get the joke but I know who that is. For whatever reason, damn you Caboose.

OneManArmy
04-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Am I the only person here who doesn't want to become a mod?

RJei
04-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Am I the only person here who doesn't want to become a mod?

it's cuz you're gaga, lol no same for me :p, I play Eroge and go on this forum for "breathers", becoming a mod contradicts that

OneManArmy
04-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey sir, I'm definitely not lady gaga nor I want to be. And I'm personally just here for trolling around anyway so
I'm obviously not suited for the mod position lol. Also, being a mod isn't that funny, work is still work after all.

superBlast
04-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Work..... well nevermind. I like being lazy.

OneManArmy
04-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Work..... well nevermind. I like being lazy.
I don't like being lazy but I can't do anything about it. I'm to lazy to do anything against my laziness...

OneManArmy
04-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Yo Ivan-san, take this!

Caelistas
04-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Yo Ivan-san, take this!

awesome pic

OneManArmy
04-09-2012, 01:09 PM
awesome pic
2 minutes of work. \o/

Danisco
04-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Yo Ivan-san, take this!

nice picture :)

OneManArmy
04-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh I posted the wrong picture btw, I obviously edited my first comment.
So sorry guys but your comments are currently quoting a picture which isn't there anymore.