PDA

View Full Version : Hyouka

Dan.
04-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Did anybody watch the first episode? I saw the description in one of those "Spring 2012 Preview" pictures and thought it looked interesting. Yesterday, I saw that the light novel series was on Baka-Tsuki and I started reading it. It was pretty good, and not far off from what I expected, but it's nothing too great either. All in all, it's something I'll continue to read as more of it is translated.

Just now I watched the first episode. The animation quality was greatójust what I expect from Kyoto Animation, but the story wasn't very good. It's not like it was exciting to begin with, but they cut out the most important part of the show, which is the main character deducing the answer to the girl's question. What I liked about the light novel was that it showed the main character's thought process leading to a solution, which they cut out of the show. The second half of the episode was either completely made up for the anime version or comes from much later in the series, because it's not what happens next in the light novel. It didn't seem to match the first half and it was obviously out of place. The stupidest part of the anime version is that they added in some kind of weird delusion where the girl's hair turns into vines and grabs the main character or something. It was ridiculous. I was very disappointed in this adaptation. /rage

Did anybody else watch it? What did you think about it?

Haika
04-23-2012, 10:28 PM
I saw the episode was subbed and read the plot blurb. It didn't seem to have much of a pull to me. A bit too much slice of life trying to be the Hardy Boys to me. Then again mystery has never really been a genre I enjoy. I might check it out later, but for now it's a pass for me. (Sorry this post isn't helping much)

Inverted
04-24-2012, 07:09 PM
I like this kind of anime, slice of life, school life genre. But the first episode was a bit boring. Let's see if it gets more interesting in the episodes to come.

Nobu
04-24-2012, 09:02 PM
It's a winner for me speaking of which, the mangaka is the same one for k-on or so I heard. I think I like it because the protagonist outshines that fat thing in accel world and a lot of the others in this season. The hair thing was a tick off for me as well, like wtf?

Dan.
04-24-2012, 09:30 PM
It's a winner for me speaking of which, the mangaka is the same one for k-on or so I heard. I think I like it because the protagonist outshines that fat thing in accel world and a lot of the others in this season. The hair thing was a tick off for me as well, like wtf?

I'm still going to watch this show, but I'll probably be disappointed at each episode. Especially whenever they do that stupid hair thing. But it's still better than that fat thing in accel world.

Nobu
04-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Yup yup, I'm just hoping a big mystery comes up sooner or later since the guy had such a good brain. I think the unmet of the show hinted something about solving mysteries but I dont remember.

Dan.
04-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Yup yup, I'm just hoping a big mystery comes up sooner or later since the guy had such a good brain. I think the unmet of the show hinted something about solving mysteries but I dont remember.

It is about solving mysteries, and they do get bigger (at least in the light novels). The title of the show is related to a bigger mystery that will be introduced later.

Nobu
04-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Ah I meant something huge and not some minor rumor but I guess from what ur saying there's gonna be some.

Btw I meant summary not ( unmet) auto correct is killing me

-just reread the summary, and yeah it was a 33 year old mystery case, thats what made me watch the first episode in the first place :) cant wait

Ushio
04-25-2012, 02:34 AM
The girl in this anime seems like a fusion of Yui in K-on and Alice from Kami-sama no Memochou

Dan.
04-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Ah I meant something huge and not some minor rumor but I guess from what ur saying there's gonna be some.

Btw I meant summary not ( unmet) auto correct is killing me

-just reread the summary, and yeah it was a 33 year old mystery case, thats what made me watch the first episode in the first place :) cant wait

I'm hoping it will get more interesting, but the show will probably be something like one or two small mysteries plus a clue to the bigger mystery to advance the plot each episode after it's introduced. For some reason I'm not very optimistic about this show.

killerinsidee
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I watched the first episode today. KyoAni sure knows how to deliver in terms of animation, the OP was really nice as well. A lot of people said that the show is a bit slow and boring based on the first episode, which is kinda true. I would say keep watching(if mystery is your thing) and it will probably be the best show of the season, I have faith in KyoAni. Also, it's nice to have Tomoya and Sunohara as main characters again xD
The hair thing was kinda strange and awesome.

Nobu
04-26-2012, 02:26 PM
THAT'S WHO THEY REMINDED ME OF!!!!
Godif that's true man, makes the whole show even better
, it lvl'd up

killerinsidee
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
THAT'S WHO THEY REMINDED ME OF!!!!
Godif that's true man, makes the whole show even better
, it lvl'd up

It's true :P
Nakamura, Yuuichi - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/people/513/Yuuichi_Nakamura) = Tomoya, Houtarou
Sakaguchi, Daisuke - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/people/278/Daisuke_Sakaguchi) = Shunohara, Satoshi
Also the seiyuu for the 2 girls are Manami from Oreimo and Menma from AnoHana.

Nobu
04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm not that much of a fan of the seiyu for anohana but the show was great

Dan.
04-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Just like how movies with good actors but bad plots can still be good, anime with good seiyuus and animation, but not a very interesting plot can still be good. But hopefully the plot will get more interesting as the show goes on.

Dan.
04-28-2012, 06:29 PM
So, here's something the translator of the light novels said regarding the plot:
"If you’re expecting a mystery with a grand-conspiracy, then you would be mightily disappointed. This is nothing more than an enjoyable light-hearted mystery thingy with the characters as its centre."
I wasn't really expecting a big conspiracy or anything since this is half mystery and half school life, and like he said, "light-hearted", but if anyone was expecting something more, you're going to be disappointed.

(Double-posting because the last post was 2 days ago)

killerinsidee
04-28-2012, 07:09 PM
So, here's something the translator of the light novels said regarding the plot:
"If you’re expecting a mystery with a grand-conspiracy, then you would be mightily disappointed. This is nothing more than an enjoyable light-hearted mystery thingy with the characters as its centre."
I wasn't really expecting a big conspiracy or anything since this is half mystery and half school life, and like he said, "light-hearted", but if anyone was expecting something more, you're going to be disappointed.

(Double-posting because the last post was 2 days ago)

Personally I would rather have it be a slice of life with a bit of mystery then for it to turn into Another, think it fits these characters very well. The mystery part in Another is almost too much, still enjoyable though.
As you say(and according to the LN translator) it will be a relaxed series and I doubt that it will need some crazy twists and crazy shit going on every 5mins for it it be worth watching. That's my take on it at least.

Dan.
04-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Personally I would rather have it be a slice of life with a bit of mystery then for it to turn into Another, think it fits these characters very well. The mystery part in Another almost too much, still enjoyable though.
As you say(and according to the LN translator) it will be a relaxed series and I doubt that it will need some crazy twists and crazy shit going on every 5mins for it it be worth watching. That's my take on it at least.

I agree that it will be good as a slice of life show with a few mysteries, rather than a mystery-horror like Another or any suspense-thriller type of show.
The show is like the main character — laid-back.

superBlast
04-29-2012, 03:02 AM
Yeah I seen this and the plot summery did interest me. Haven't read the LN so Idk how that goes but I rather liked the first episode. I wanna know what happens next.

Nobu
04-30-2012, 04:15 AM
Alright, found another heroine that i hate on the level of Chinami, hell their names both start w/ a Chi, FAWKING CHITANDA OR W/E...god i hate people like that...granted shes the reason why theres a story but com'on now -.-, its like a Nagisa in clannad but worse...

-Speaking of...DAMMIT OREIKI IS SO AWESOME, his character is pretty parallel to tomoya (clannad again), gj bro.

killerinsidee
04-30-2012, 08:34 PM
I watched the 2nd ep just now. The pacing might be a bit too slow, but the episode was decent. It's definitely an intriguing show and the "watashi, kininarimasu!" is getting a bit funny and Oreki's reaction to it was amusing.
Also, the cliffhanger endings are starting already :>

Edit: The ED is nice as well, but the OP is damn awesome.

Dan.
04-30-2012, 10:06 PM
I watched the 2nd ep just now. The pacing might be a bit too slow, but the episode was decent. It's definitely an intriguing show and the "watashi, kininarimasu!" is getting a bit funny and Oreki's reaction to it was amusing.
Also, the cliffhanger endings are starting already :>
The show's definitely coming along, but I think the pace will stay the same for the rest of the episodes. Also, I don't know if that was really a cliffhanger...

The ED is nice as well, but the OP is damn awesome.
I didn't think the OP and ED were that great. Of course, they weren't bad or anything, but, in my opinion, they weren't anything special.

In the first episode there was that weird hair thing and in this one there was that scene where Chitanda is a maid and Oreki is ordering the "Rose-colored" course or the "Gray-colored" course. Both of those scenes were not in the novel. It's making it look like Oreki is delusional. Imagining those things would use too much energy ;)

killerinsidee
04-30-2012, 10:11 PM
The show's definitely coming along, but I think the pace will stay the same for the rest of the episodes. Also, I don't know if that was really a cliffhanger...

I didn't think the OP and ED were that great. Of course, they weren't bad or anything, but, in my opinion, they weren't anything special.

In the first episode there was that weird hair thing and in this one there was that scene where Chitanda is a maid and Oreki is ordering the "Rose-colored" course or the "Gray-colored" course. Both of those scenes were not in the novel. It's making it look like Oreki is delusional. Imagining those things would use too much energy ;)

I'm really linking Oreki and Chitanda's interactions so far. Oreki is an awesome character in my opinion and his "delusions" are amusing as well.

Dan.
04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm really linking Oreki and Chitanda's interactions so far. Oreki is an awesome character in my opinion and his "delusions" are amusing as well.

I like their interactions as well, especially in ep 2, when Oreki hears them talking about a mystery and starts to walk away, and Chitanda grabs his arm without even turning around.

https://erogegames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2664&d=1335817259&thumb=0&stc=1

I can't say I like the delusions, but I'm probably biased because I've been reading the novel. I tend to want things to follow the source material as closely as possible, even though I do realize it might be better to change things or add stuff. (This reminds me of the episode of Zetsubou Sensei where there's the dilemna of "You didn't follow the source" vs "You didn't make it better" or something.)

Dan.
05-07-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm starting to like the way they animate the scenes where Oreki explains how he figured out the solution. They're all animated differently so it adds some variety to the show. Also, I noticed they changed all the lines concerning Sekitani Jun from 33 years ago to 45 years ago and I was wondering why, but then I realized the book was set 12 years ago (2000) and they changed the setting for the current day parts, but not when the incident happened (SLIGHT SPOILER because the time period is related to the case). The show is starting to get better as they're moving into the main plot.

killerinsidee
05-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm starting to like the way they animate the scenes where Oreki explains how he figured out the solution. They're all animated differently so it adds some variety to the show. Also, I noticed they changed all the lines concerning Sekitani Jun from 33 years ago to 45 years ago and I was wondering why, but then I realized the book was set 12 years ago (2000) and they changed the setting for the current day parts, but not when the incident happened (SLIGHT SPOILER because the time period is related to the case). The show is starting to get better as they're moving into the main plot.

The main story is moving slowly, but it's fine like that. I'm really enjoying the feel of the show, even though some people will still say that it's boring :/. It's funny how Oreki always tries to avoid any physical work(to save energy). The part with that senpai was pretty funny, how Oreki kept a cool face all the way.

Dan.
05-08-2012, 04:42 AM
The main story is moving slowly, but it's fine like that. I'm really enjoying the feel of the show, even though some people will still say that it's boring :/. It's funny how Oreki always tries to avoid any physical work(to save energy).
I like the pace too. This show is slow and laid-back, just like Oreki. If anyone is looking for action, they're watching the wrong show.

The part with that senpai was pretty funny, how Oreki kept a cool face all the way.
Oreki always keeps his cool :cool:

Dan.
05-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Sometimes characters in light novel adaptations look just like the illustrations (e.g. Toradora or Haganai). I just looked at the illustration from the second book and Oreki and Chitanda look nothing like the illustrations, and Satoshi and Ibara are only vaguely similar. This is by no means a bad thing, though. They look much better in the anime. I just thought it was interesting, so I posted it here.

killerinsidee
05-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Sometimes characters in light novel adaptations look just like the illustrations (e.g. Toradora or Haganai). I just looked at the illustration from the second book and Oreki and Chitanda look nothing like the illustrations, and Satoshi and Ibara are only vaguely similar. This is by no means a bad thing, though. They look much better in the anime. I just thought it was interesting, so I posted it here.

I agree, the anime version looks better, but it would be interesting to see a more "brighter" version of Chitanda.

Dan.
05-11-2012, 01:19 AM
I agree, the anime version looks better, but it would be interesting to see a more "brighter" version of Chitanda.

I think she could actually be less bright, appearance-wise. She's supposed to look like a standard ojou-sama character, with long, dark hair and an air of refinement. Her personality and curiosity are supposed to be surprising. In the novel, only her eyes hint at her curiosity.

killerinsidee
05-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Just for info, Episode 11.5 will be streamed on July 7th at midnight - Hyouka Has Mizugis In Upcoming OVA | SeventhStyle (http://seventhstyle.com/2012/05/10/hyouka-has-mizugis-in-upcoming-ova/)
I really don't want some beach fanservice episode in this show, but I though I'd mention it.

Dan.
05-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Just for info, Episode 11.5 will be streamed on July 7th at midnight - Hyouka Has Mizugis In Upcoming OVA | SeventhStyle (http://seventhstyle.com/2012/05/10/hyouka-has-mizugis-in-upcoming-ova/)
I really don't want some beach fanservice episode in this show, but I though I'd mention it.

Yeah, this show doesn't really need one. But it's standard now for every single anime to have a beach or pool swimsuit service episode. It's kind of disappointing that it has to be that way. And they put them in everything, even when it makes no sense. But at least it will be an extra episode. Hopefully there will be some minor mystery at the pool or something so it's not just some crappy service. Also, thanks for mentioning it; I might never have known otherwise. :)

Dubs
05-11-2012, 09:40 PM

Beach fanservice episode would ruin this Anime for me completely, I watch Hyouka because it has a Serious sense and I would like it to remain that way.

killerinsidee
05-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Beach fanservice episode would ruin this Anime for me completely, I watch Hyouka because it has a Serious sense and I would like it to remain that way.

After streaming it, they will add it to the Blu-ray vol. 3. So it won't really have all that much to do with the main storyline, it's just a bonus for the people that buy it.

Dan.
05-14-2012, 05:38 AM
Four was another pretty good episode. Mostly it followed the novel. They added some stuff in that wasn't in the book (moving to the pond, Chitanda making onigiri, the rain and mushrooms). At first I was thinking, Why would they add these random things?. I generally prefer an adaptation to be as close as possible to the original. But then I realized that without that, it would be 20 minutes of four people sitting around a table talking, so they added in little things to change it up. KyoAni's pretty good at this anime thing, aren't they?

killerinsidee
05-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Four was another pretty good episode. Mostly it followed the novel. They added some stuff in that wasn't in the book (moving to the pond, Chitanda making onigiri, the rain and mushrooms). At first I was thinking, Why would they add these random things?. I generally prefer an adaptation to be as close as possible to the original. But then I realized that without that, it would be 20 minutes of four people sitting around a table talking, so they added in little things to change it up. KyoAni's pretty good at this anime thing, aren't they?

Oh yes they are. It was a decent episode, think they made a good job at making it not as boring as it could have been. This episode felt like it was 10min long for some reason. Overall, the 3rd ep was the best for me so far. The show is still in the "intro mode" and there's a long way till the end, so I guess it'll get even better.

Dan.
05-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Oh yes they are. It was a decent episode, think they made a good job at making it not as boring as it could have been. This episode felt like it was 10min long for some reason. Overall, the 3rd ep was the best for me so far. The show is still in the "intro mode" and there's a long way till the end, so I guess it'll get even better.

It really did feel like it was only 10 minutes long, but that's probably a good thing. Because it was just four people sitting around a table talking, it's better that it doesn't feel too long. I agree that the 3rd episode was probably the best so far, but like you said, there's a long way to go before the end, so hopefully they'll get better and better.

Dan.
05-21-2012, 08:08 AM
So, episode 5 was the conclusion to the mystery of Hyouka. It's not as entertaining for me as it should be since I've already read it, but it's still good to see it animated. This time it didn't stray too far from the book. I can't believe how lame the reasoning behind the title 'Hyouka' was. I wanted to say something as soon as I read it, but it would spoil the show if you hadn't read it. It was such a lame pun and they tried to make it so dramatic (Oreki was mad that nobody understood it; it made Chitanda cry). I realized what it was pretty early, but that's probably because I'm a native English speaker, so I already know the ice cream/I scream pun pretty well. It was probably a lot more obscure for the Japanese readers/viewers.

killerinsidee
05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
So, episode 5 was the conclusion to the mystery of Hyouka. It's not as entertaining for me as it should be since I've already read it, but it's still good to see it animated. This time it didn't stray too far from the book. I can't believe how lame the reasoning behind the title 'Hyouka' was. I wanted to say something as soon as I read it, but it would spoil the show if you hadn't read it. It was such a lame pun and they tried to make it so dramatic (Oreki was mad that nobody understood it; it made Chitanda cry). I realized what it was pretty early, but that's probably because I'm a native English speaker, so I already know the ice cream/I scream pun pretty well. It was probably a lot more obscure for the Japanese readers/viewers.

This episode is the one I liked the least so far. KyoAni did try to make up for the lame conclusion of the mystery, but it wasn't enough this time. The pacing of this episode was really off for some reason. I guess this is the "end of the Hyouka mystery", but it's still kind of a strange conclusion. I didn't expect it to be that easy, thought it would twist for 1-2 more episodes. I'm really interested to see where they take it from this point, they can go a lot of ways I guess.

Dan.
05-21-2012, 10:41 PM
This episode is the one I liked the least so far. KyoAni did try to make up for the lame conclusion of the mystery, but it wasn't enough this time. The pacing of this episode was really off for some reason. I guess this is the "end of the Hyouka mystery", but it's still kind of a strange conclusion. I didn't expect it to be that easy, thought it would twist for 1-2 more episodes. I'm really interested to see where they take it from this point, they can go a lot of ways I guess.

I agree that this was probably the worst episode so far. The conclusion was that Oreki was basically right, but there was just a little more to the story and it wasn't much of a twist. They did have a little bit of a change of character in Oreki. It was the end of the first book, so after this I don't know what it will be like starting in the next book. They could do anything from here on. It will probably be a similar format though, with a few smaller mysteries, then a bigger mystery, and various smaller mysteries that need to be solved in order to solve the bigger mystery.

killerinsidee
05-21-2012, 11:04 PM
I agree that this was probably the worst episode so far. The conclusion was that Oreki was basically right, but there was just a little more to the story and it wasn't much of a twist. They did have a little bit of a change of character in Oreki. It was the end of the first book, so after this I don't know what it will be like starting in the next book. They could do anything from here on. It will probably be a similar format though, with a few smaller mysteries, then a bigger mystery, and various smaller mysteries that need to be solved in order to solve the bigger mystery.

Well, the character development should be interesting to see, since there was not a lot of it so far.

Dan.
05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Well, the character development should be interesting to see, since there was not a lot of it so far.

I'm not sure if it will actually make a difference. He might be back to normal by the next episode. But if there's another big mystery, he might take some initiative again.

killerinsidee
05-22-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure if it will actually make a difference. He might be back to normal by the next episode. But if there's another big mystery, he might take some initiative again.

I meant that future character development will be nice to see.

Dan.
05-22-2012, 12:27 AM
I meant that future character development will be nice to see.

And I meant that there might not be any. He'll probably be the same in the next episode as he was before episode 5. He might be similarly interested in solving the next big mystery like he was in episode 5, but that will probably be as far as he develops, at least for a while. He might change again near the end of the show. But I don't have much hope for him changing very much for now.

desi
05-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Haven't seen this show (will start soon) so I haven't gone through the comments yet, but I'm assuming this (http://i.imgur.com/dYk0Ul.jpg) hasn't been posted yet. Thought it was pretty interesting :)

Dubs
05-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm like 3 or 4 maybe episodes behind from the released ep, but it was still pretty good.

Dan.
05-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Haven't seen this show (will start soon) so I haven't gone through the comments yet, but I'm assuming this (http://i.imgur.com/dYk0Ul.jpg) hasn't been posted yet. Thought it was pretty interesting :)

It's pretty good. It's slice of life and mystery, so you shouldn't watch it expecting any action or drama.

That is an interesting picture. I posted the picture that the second column (2002) comes from, but I hadn't seen the other ones. Thanks.

Dan.
05-28-2012, 03:43 AM
I just watched episode 6. It wasn't the beginning of the next novel (the first novel ended in ep. 5), but I think it might have come from volume 4, based on the episode title. From the preview, it looks like the next episode won't be volume 2 of the novels either. I don't really care either way, but I thought I'd mention the info.

This part was funny:

killerinsidee
05-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Another ok episode. That mystery was so damn random, but moe Chitanda saved the episode :>

Dan.
05-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Another ok episode. That mystery was so damn random, but moe Chitanda saved the episode :>

lol

it was probably a random mystery to take up space between long arcs

Cybersteel
05-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Nah the visuals and character interactions makes up for the plot, which was also mildly interesting. Not like :coughs: GC :coughs:

Nobu
05-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Another okay episode? More like, another reason 2 hate chitanda...
shes interested in why her teacher made a mistake and why shes angry, its called a mistake, and a uncontrolled emotion, GET OVER IT

Cybersteel
05-28-2012, 08:20 PM
^^^
LOL

[Blindly trusting others is not honesty but indifference. To truly trust another, you must doubt them]

VNHunter
05-28-2012, 08:38 PM
^^^
LOL

[Blindly trusting others is not honesty but indifference. To truly trust another, you must doubt them]

or rather, you must fool them first before trusting them...

Dan.
05-29-2012, 03:38 AM
Another okay episode? More like, another reason 2 hate chitanda...
shes interested in why her teacher made a mistake and why shes angry, its called a mistake, and a uncontrolled emotion, GET OVER IT

That's what it seems like at first, but then Oreki realizes the real reason she wanted to know. She actually doesn't like being angry, and she wanted to find out why the teacher made that mistake so that her getting angry was also a mistake. This episode was supposed to give insight into the character of Chitanda.

Nobu
05-29-2012, 03:53 AM
=/ but i dont want to know about chitanda...the more i know about her...the more i HATE her, strong word, for strong resentment.

killerinsidee
06-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Episode 7 - 4406
Nuff said.

Dan.
06-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Episode 7 - 4406
Nuff said.

That really is "Nuff said" - that was really the only point of this episode. It looks like the second novel will start from the next episode, so there will probably be another "big" mystery that spans several episodes.

killerinsidee
06-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Ep 8 was some kind of an introduction episode, kinda hard to classify it. They went overboard with stretching the intro to this "arc" and it got off rather boring. Watching the movie was rather tedious.
Only part of this ep that I found amusing was the female version of Oreki (kinda).

Dan.
06-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Ep 8 was some kind of an introduction episode, kinda hard to classify it. They went overboard with stretching the intro to this "arc" and it got off rather boring. Watching the movie was rather tedious.
Only part of this ep that I found amusing, was the female version of Oreki (kinda).

It pretty much matched the novel, except for some small details. There's not much to say since this was just an intro to the next arc. Watching their movie was just painful with that bad acting. I agree that female Oreki was the only slightly amusing part of this episode.

Dan.
06-18-2012, 03:21 AM
This episode was pretty far from the original. They condensed the content to make it all fit into one episode. There were originally three separate meetings on three separate days with the class 2-F students, and each one was a lot longer and had more deliberation afterwards on the part of the Classics Club. The characters of the class 2-F members also didn't match how they were in the novel as well as they could have. I'm always biased by the fact that I read the novel first, but I think I'd still be disappointed with this episode even if I hadn't. And they had a good opportunity for some humor with the drunk Chitanda, but they didn't even do anything good with that situation.

killerinsidee
06-18-2012, 01:47 PM
This episode was pretty far from the original. They condensed the content to make it all fit into one episode. There were originally three separate meetings on three separate days with the class 2-F students, and each one was a lot longer and had more deliberation afterwards on the part of the Classics Club. The characters of the class 2-F members also didn't match how they were in the novel as well as they could have. I'm always biased by the fact that I read the novel first, but I think I'd still be disappointed with this episode even if I hadn't. And they had a good opportunity for some humor with the drunk Chitanda, but they didn't even do anything good with that situation.

Another meh episode imo. Some lame theories from those students and that's about it. I agree about the "Chitanda drunk part", it could have been better. It was nice to see the female Oreki at the end though.

Dan.
06-25-2012, 05:15 AM
So, I watched episode 10. It was pretty much was I was expecting, having read the novel, nothing more, nothing less. And I have nothing else to say.

killerinsidee
06-25-2012, 09:56 PM
I really liked this episode. First off, Chitanda was not in it (she was for 10sec, it doesn't count) so it was kinda different then all of the previous episodes. I kinda like the female Oreki better then her. Also, Oreki got to business real fast in this episode and the scenes between Irisu and him were pretty good imo. Overall this ep was an improvement over the last 2 so-so ones.

Nobu
06-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Episode 10, nuff said...THAT BEING SAID...whats "EBA?" i see it @ the end of ep 9 and 10 O_O :"Why didnt she as for EBA?" or something like that.

Dan.
06-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Episode 10, nuff said...THAT BEING SAID...whats "EBA?" i see it @ the end of ep 9 and 10 O_O :"Why didnt she as for EBA?" or something like that.

EBA is the female Oreki. Her name is Eba Kurako.
"Why didn't she ask EBA?" is part of the title of the second novel, which the mystery movie arc is based on.

Nobu
06-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Female oreki? Well that came out of the blue.
(for the anime)

Dan.
06-26-2012, 02:19 AM
Female oreki? Well that came out of the blue.
(for the anime)

That was killerinsidee's nickname for her:

It was nice to see the female Oreki at the end though.

It's a good one because she's like the female version of Oreki (the energy-saving aspect).

killerinsidee
06-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Actually, Eba is - Kurako Eba - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/character/59969/Kurako_Eba) . The female Oreki is Irisu - Fuyumi Irisu - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/character/56157/Fuyumi_Irisu) .

Dan.
06-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Actually, Eba is - Kurako Eba - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/character/59969/Kurako_Eba) . The female Oreki is Irisu - Fuyumi Irisu - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/character/56157/Fuyumi_Irisu) .

oh... i always get those two mixed up. i'm already pretty bad with names, and i can't remember japanese names at all.
whenever i'm watching anime and they mention someone who isn't in it a lot, i have no idea who they're talking about, and it takes me forever to learn the names of characters in shows that have a lot of them.

Dan.
07-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Just watched ep 11. It followed the novel. I didn't like how they made everything seem like a big deal. There was dramatic music when everyone was telling Oreki that he got it wrong; Oreki got angry when he was talking to Irisu; etc. The whole thing didn't really matter and everyone was treating it like it was a big deal.

When I was reading the novel, I guessed the ending before his meeting with Irisu where they give you all the clues and then tell you. It wasn't very surprising or anything. What did you think of it?

killerinsidee
07-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Just watched ep 11. It followed the novel. I didn't like how they made everything seem like a big deal. There was dramatic music when everyone was telling Oreki that he got it wrong; Oreki got angry when he was talking to Irisu; etc. The whole thing didn't really matter and everyone was treating it like it was a big deal.

When I was reading the novel, I guessed the ending before his meeting with Irisu where they give you all the clues and then tell you. It wasn't very surprising or anything. What did you think of it?

It's exactly as you say (about the dramatic part). At the start of the episode when Oreki was talking to Satoshi, they animated it so intensely that even the voices didn't match the over-dramatic tone, it was an overkill right there. Also they indeed seem to care way too much about these trivial things and tend to overdo it on the drama.
The resolve was not bad, I liked the conclusion of this "arc" way better then the "Hyouka arc", there is still the question of who is that senpai who was chatting with Irisu, you could kinda guess at this point, but it's too early to think about it and maybe it's not all that relevant.
Overall it was an enjoyable episode for me, it had 1 or 2 laughs in it as well - Oreki's monotone " watashi kininarimasu " was kinda funny.

Dan.
07-02-2012, 09:38 AM
there is still the question of who is that senpai who was chatting with Irisu, you could kinda guess at this point, but it's too early to think about it and maybe it's not all that relevant.

It's so obvious
that it's his sister

killerinsidee
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
It's so obvious
that it's his sister

Ye, probably.
I said that it was too early to think about it since we don't even know what her agenda is or why did she even send Oreki to join the club in the first place.

Maxar
07-05-2012, 04:11 AM
And there I thought I'd be the only one who thought they made a way too big fuss about this school movie and how Oreki made it turn out.
I actually liked all of the previous episodes, but Episode 11 was really mediocre, if you ask me.

Dan.
07-05-2012, 04:23 AM
And there I thought I'd be the only one who thought they made a way too big fuss about this school movie and how Oreki made it turn out.
I actually liked all of the previous episodes, but Episode 11 was really mediocre, if you ask me.

You're not alone, believe me. It's probably the majority opinion; I don't see how anyone could think they didn't take it too seriously.

The problem with episode 11 is that it was supposed to be a big climactic moment, but it just wasn't surprising or exciting at all. I actually thought the whole mystery movie arc was mediocre overall. The other mysteries were "real," but the mystery movie was a movie. The part about Hongou and Irisu afterwards was more of a "real" mystery, though, I guess.

killerinsidee
07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
11.5 - One funny scene (when she splashes Oreki with water), a meh mystery and bikinis. Wasn't all that great imo.
12 - No mystery this time, watching Chitanda run around the school was getting kinda old by the end of the episode. Oreki was as lifeless as ever, also there was some uninteresting stuff going on in that manga club. So-so episode for me, though it was a bit of a change of pace from the mysteries though. New ED is strange as hell, I like it and it's much better then the old one imo. Hopefully there's a new OP next week as well.

Dan.
07-11-2012, 10:06 AM
I finished the main route of Tomoyo After, so I'm taking a break and watching some anime.

I've only watched Hyouka 11.5 so far. It was pretty bad. The video and audio quality were awful. The mystery was so bad. I knew what it was as soon as she said "something white on her ear." It seems like the main point of the episode was the fact that they were in bathing suits. But even that was ruined by the bad quality and the giant ad for the bd that was there for the whole episode. Even then, who really cares about bathing suits in Hyouka?

But I still have episode 12, which has to be better.

Dan.
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Okay, so ep 12 was so-so. Just like you said, Chitanda running around got old by the end of the episode, but there will probably be more of it next time.
There was one funny thing - when Oreki said "Best. Job. Ever." about sitting in a room doing nothing basically.

Dan.
07-16-2012, 08:43 AM
I watched episode 13. It was about as interesting as episode 12. There still isn't much happening, but there were a few mystery things starting to show up. Ibara's fight with the other person in the manga club was very boring. I don't care about their argument at all, so it was just boring to sit there and watch them have it. I wish they'd get to the actual solving of the mysteries already, because that's why I watch this show, not to see all the boring things they do at their school festival.

Cybersteel
07-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Okay, so ep 12 was so-so. Just like you said, Chitanda running around got old by the end of the episode, but there will probably be more of it next time.
There was one funny thing - when Oreki said "Best. Job. Ever." about sitting in a room doing nothing basically.

Ushio needs a tummy rub :D

Dan.
07-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Ushio needs a tummy rub :D
lolwut?

Nobu
07-16-2012, 12:59 PM
so im guessing this is gonna be 24-5 episodes? IDK but this makes nobu very happy, and happy nobus provide "services."

Dan.
07-16-2012, 01:01 PM
so im guessing this is gonna be 24-5 episodes? IDK but this makes nobu very happy, and happy nobus provide "services."

there are at least 21. it started a few weeks later than others this season, so it might be shorter.

Nobu
07-16-2012, 01:02 PM
still makes me happy, since its one of those animes i can just sit down and watch quietly.

Dan.
07-16-2012, 01:05 PM
still makes me happy, since its one of those animes i can just sit down and watch quietly.

Nobu, I didn't think you could sit down and do anything quietly.

Nobu
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
true dat true dat, anyways :)

Loved that new ending, OP idk =/ nothing2 special for me, but the ending was awesome, i would rather watch a story of them being detective+ villain, makes oreki look even awesome'r

Maxar
07-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Seriously, this series is great at making characters look just totally arrogant.
Just looking at Fukube's rival and that Miku in the Manga Club annoyed me -__-
That advertising thing with the girl's war was kinda funny though.

killerinsidee
07-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Finally got around to watch ep 13. Another "running around the festival" episode, nothing major happened. The new OP is ok I guess, nothing special. The part with Chitanda's pictures was pretty funny, Satoshi's contest or whatever was kinda boring, Chitanda did almost the same thing as last ep -.- .

killerinsidee
07-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Ep 14 - I liked this ep, it had some funny moments. The scene with Chitanda and Irisu was pretty funny. The cooking contest was pretty nice, Chitanda moe mode on! I was expecting that something more will happen with the manga club, but it ended up pretty insignificant. Oreki continues his "almost dead" mood. New mystery next week.

Dan.
07-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah, not a bad episode. I thought something else was going to happen with the manga club as well; maybe it still will. The mystery is finally starting next week, so I'm looking forward to that.

Dan.
07-30-2012, 04:06 AM
So they finally got to the mystery of this arc in episode 15. This stuff with the manga club is just annoying because I just don't care about it at all. The episode was all right because the mystery was in it; next week's episode should be better.

Nobu
07-30-2012, 04:52 AM
yeah getting better as there is something needing oreki's solving skills although, this time around, it looks like Fuku-...w/e his name is wanted to do it.

killerinsidee
07-30-2012, 10:48 AM
So they finally got to the mystery of this arc in episode 15. This stuff with the manga club is just annoying because I just don't care about it at all. The episode was all right because the mystery was in it; next week's episode should be better.

Agreed about the manga club, it's really not interesting. I would say that the first half of the episode was very nice especially with Chitanda's "negotiation test drive", then it went down a bit with Ibara's manga stuff.

Nobu
07-31-2012, 03:03 AM
See, because Nobu is smart unlike the rest of mhmmm, he skipped all the manga parts, then again...maybe its just cause Nobu doesnt like Ibara at all.

desi
08-04-2012, 09:56 AM
I've only watched up to episode 14, but I really enjoyed that episode. No idea cooking would be that interesting. There are subtle hints of romance thoughout, and it's becoming a bit more apparent now. We'll see how the rest of the episodes go.

Dan.
08-06-2012, 05:10 AM
I just watched episode 16. Another pretty good one, with some more mystery elements in it. It kind of seems like they're stretching it too much - like they're spreading out the mystery to put in more stuff to attract viewers, when all I really want is the mystery stuff. At least there wasn't too much gay manga club stuff in this episode. I don't know why they don't just show us Oreki's sister's face. It's just dumb that they don't.

Kyo
08-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Personally I really love this anime, Even if I won't decline some romance between the MC and the Eba "Curious" girl, it is great.

killerinsidee
08-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Just watched ep 16, another good episode in my opinion, 5 more to go. I agree with Dan - the pacing is really messed up in the last 3 episodes, basically Oreki is not doing anything for 2-3 eps and in the last 5min of this ep he pulls an idea out of the blue, but I guess it kinda gives room for Satoshi and Ibara to get some screen time/development.
The "Oreki blushing at Chitanda scene" is getting a bit repetitive. The current mystery is at least interesting (then the shitty beach episode one -.-) and they are not overreacting like idiots about it so far.
The sneaky stuff with Oreki's sister continues and some more hits are given (apparently Chitanda knew her from before, but she's stupid so she doesn't recognize her).
I believe that Oreki's sister will be the last "arc" of the anime, it all started with her and it would seem fitting for it to end with "her mystery". So far she got Oreki to join the club for fuck knows what reason, Chitanda met her before and her uncle was her senpai (or something like that), she chatted with Irisu and apparently planned the whole "get Oreki to finish the shitty movie" thing. There are more stuff like the pen, manga and I guess there are a few more subtle hints here and there, but I can't remember.

Dan.
08-10-2012, 06:31 PM
The "Chitanda knows her" thing could just be Chitanda realizing that she looks like Oreki.

killerinsidee
08-10-2012, 06:39 PM
The "Chitanda knows her" thing could just be Chitanda realizing that she looks like Oreki.

Could be, but the fact is that Chitanda is kinda dumb about random shit. For an example, she can't remember where she saw the art style from the manga book and she goes into "watashi kininarimasu mode", while she saw that poster yesterday. Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much. The question remains why is Oreki's sister's face hidden, maybe she has some distinctive facial feature which Chitanda recognized, it's kinda of a stretch though :> .

Dan.
08-10-2012, 07:00 PM
There's probably no real reason to hide her face. The only reason I could think of to hide it from the viewers would be if there was a photograph or something that we'd seen before with her in it that could give something away, but I don't remember seeing anything like that. Maybe there will be something later on in the show, or maybe it's just pointless face-hiding.

killerinsidee
08-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Ep 17 - A pretty good conclusion to this arc, Oreki was pure win in the first half of the episode. Doubt I can ever get bored of listening to Nakamura Yuuichi rant about random stuff. The only crap part of the episode was the manga bullshit, I'm glad that's over. Nothing else to say about it. Next ep will either be filler or it will start off the final arc of the show.

Dan.
08-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Ep 17 - A pretty good conclusion to this arc, Oreki was pure win in the first half of the episode. Doubt I can ever get bored of listening to Nakamura Yuuichi rant about random stuff. The only crap part of the episode was the manga bullshit, I'm glad that's over. Nothing else to say about it. Next ep will either be filler or it will start off the final arc of the show.

Yeah, that was a good end to the mystery. And I'm so glad the manga club crap is over.

The next ep will probably be filler. There are 7 episodes left, and I think the normal arcs are usually 5 eps, so there will probably be a filler ep, a normal arc, then another filler ep that serves as a conclusion to the series, or a 2-ep filler and a normal arc.

http://i.imgur.com/YlRrn.gif
Watashi, kininarimasu!

killerinsidee
08-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah, that was a good end to the mystery. And I'm so glad the manga club crap is over.

The next ep will probably be filler. There are 7 episodes left, and I think the normal arcs are usually 5 eps, so there will probably be a filler ep, a normal arc, then another filler ep that serves as a conclusion to the series, or a 2-ep filler and a normal arc.

There are 21 episodes in total, as far as I know. So it's 4 left.

desi
08-13-2012, 09:18 PM
I think there are 4 episodes left, if i'm not mistaken. Still need to catch up with episodes 15-17.

Dan.
08-13-2012, 09:21 PM
hmm... ANN says it's 24 eps; MAL says 21

If it is only 21 eps, then it will probably be original content for the rest of the show, because the only novel left looks like it would take more than 4 episodes.

killerinsidee
08-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Hmm, strange stuff. I personally trust MAL more then ANN, but I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. Though I would like more episodes then less of course :>

Dan.
08-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Hmm, strange stuff. I personally trust MAL more then ANN, but I guess we'll find out in a few weeks. Though I would like more episodes then less of course :>

In my experience, MAL is usually right about how many episodes are in a series when ANN isn't, but that's because ANN usually only has the ones that have been announced (so they usually have fewer than MAL). In this case, since ANN has more, I'm not sure what to believe.

desi
08-13-2012, 09:34 PM
The Hyouka wiki says 21 episodes, as does wikipedia. Using these trustworthy sources, I predict that it will be 21 episodes.

Dan.
08-13-2012, 09:36 PM
The Hyouka wiki says 21 episodes, as does wikipedia. Using these trustworthy sources, I predict that it will be 21 episodes.

then it's probably only 21. too bad.

desi
08-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Just finished episode 17. Good conclusion to the arc. I'm satisfied with the way they wrapped up the Jumanji Mystery (http://i.imgur.com/eChbD.jpg). It's also hilarious to see the effort Oreki puts into preventing Chitanda from being disappointed. Looking forward to the Satoshi villain arc where he completely snaps and kills everyone.

killerinsidee
08-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Ep 18 - The predictable filler before the last arc. It had a bit more laughs then usual but still, filler is a filler. The mystery was kinda uninteresting to me. Only significant thing was the slight change of Oreki's behavior, but it was to be expected by the end of the series. Also, it's soo good not having any manga club bullshit anymore. Last arc next week.

Dan.
08-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Like you said, the mystery this ep wasn't very interesting, but they never are in the fillers. Everyone's reactions to Oreki being curious were pretty funny. I'm guessing that the arc starting next week will be an original arc. The title doesn't correspond to any novel, as far as I can tell. The title for the week after is "akemashite omedetou," which means "happy new year." It doesn't seem to have anything to do with next week's title, and it didn't seem like they were anywhere near january 1st in this week's episode, so it might just be fillers for the rest of the season, which would suck.

Dan.
08-21-2012, 04:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RJpbz.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/Tg3Bk.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/GEUDn.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/FOzd3.gif

Dan.
08-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Okay, 19 was another filler ep, and it looks like 20 probably will be too. Filler for the rest of the season? :(

desi
08-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Caught up with episodes 18 and 19

Episode 18: Mostly filler. I have to say, the ending was pretty awesome from a character development perspective.

Episode 19: Mostly filler again. So Damn Close. (http://i.imgur.com/NLG3w.jpg) Looks like Chitanda is getting tips from Mayaka with the glares. I thought that was pretty funny. Last two episodes might just be about the relationship buildup between Chitanda and Oreki. I'm going to be a bit disappointed if it's just more teasing with random fillers for the last 2 episodes.

Dan.
08-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Last two episodes might just be about the relationship buildup between Chitanda and Oreki.

If they're using stuff from the books, then it probably won't be. Most of the Chitanda/Oreki romance stuff is not in the books. Like all of the Chitanda being really close to Oreki and Oreki getting embarrassed - none of that is in the book. They added it to the anime to get more viewers. But they may have just made up the last 2 episodes, so it could very well be about romance.

killerinsidee
08-27-2012, 06:50 PM
I just finished watching ep 19. Looks like it's gonna be filler till the end. I personally don't think we'll see a kiss or anything like that, just more teasing. Though this ep had a lot of teasing. Nothing much more to say about it apart from that.

Zaig
08-28-2012, 10:19 PM
*shields eyes from the spoilers*

I started Hyouka yesterday but should be caught up sometime this week (on episode 9 at the moment). It sucks I missed out on such a great anime while it was airing.

desi
08-29-2012, 07:06 AM
Just let your imagination run wild. (http://i.imgur.com/cvdj0.jpg) It's real in my eyes, god damnit.

Also, welcome to the group, Zaig :P. I was a bit late also. At least you don't have to wait a week for most of the episodes.

Dan.
08-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Just let your imagination run wild. (http://i.imgur.com/cvdj0.jpg)

I imagine someone put 2 screenshots together and added a line of saliva to one of them.

desi
08-29-2012, 07:24 AM
I imagine someone put 2 screenshots together and added a line of saliva to one of them.

You may be correct on your assumption. My reaction to you. (http://i.imgur.com/bmXlK.jpg)

Zaig
08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Just let your imagination run wild. (http://i.imgur.com/cvdj0.jpg) It's real in my eyes, god damnit.

Also, welcome to the group, Zaig :P. I was a bit late also. At least you don't have to wait a week for most of the episodes.

Yeah, but at the rate I'm going, I'll run out of episodes today or tomorrow, so I'll be joining the waiting game soon.

---------

Random Episode 12 Thoughts Because Not All of Us Are Awesome Enough to Be Current

Oh…oh my god. Chitanda jumping up and down in excitement while clapping her hands at watching the dancers was so incredibly cute. It made me sad when she suddenly stopped and said in a serious tone, “This isn’t the time to be doing this!” and ran off. Damn it, get back here and continue what you were doing! ...Although, even without that scene, she was pretty cute throughout the entire episode, getting all distracted. Get it together, Chitanda! You can do it!

EDIT: I've now officially joined the waiting game.

VNHunter
08-30-2012, 07:45 PM

WOW... that pic...

ChexGuy
08-31-2012, 03:38 AM
This is one of those series where I think it's somewhat boring but don't care because I still enjoy it.

Music is nice too.

killerinsidee
09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Random pic from Wanko to Kurasou - 6131
Is it me or the one on the left looks like a loli Ibara ? xD

desi
09-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Random pic from Wanko to Kurasou - 6131
Is it me or the one on the left looks like a loli Ibara ? xD

Holy shit. They totally look like each other : D

killerinsidee
09-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Ep 20 - meh filler episode, nothing special happened in this one either. It seems that valentine's day will be the last ep, but I'm not hoping for much. To me it doesn't seem like it will end next week, too bad it will.

desi
09-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Yep, another filler. This show was obviously never about plot, but character interactions. Kyoani with the huge tease... that was a perfect chance to cuddle :P

Ibara (http://i.imgur.com/DyXTU.jpg) looked kawaii as hell.

Dan.
09-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Another filler :(
And next week is clearly another filler too :(
KyoAni has let me down.

killerinsidee
09-03-2012, 06:52 PM
KyoAni has let me down.

Unless something insanely epic happens in the last 5min of the show, same here.

Zaig
09-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Unless something insanely epic happens in the last 5min of the show, same here.

Or at the very last second, like a season two announcement.

Dan.
09-10-2012, 01:44 AM
There is appaently one more episode after ep. 21, for a total of 22 episodes in the season.
It will probably be more disappointing filler, but at least it's something, right?

Dan.
09-10-2012, 03:20 AM
OK, now that i've actully seen the episode:

Worst. Episode. Ever.

I hate all that dumb Mayaka stuff that they put in the show. And this one was 100% dumb Mayaka stuff. It was sooooooo obvious who the culprit was. I just didn't like this ep at all.

The next ep is just another regular filler ep like all the rest, it seems.

Oh, and Mayaka with a slightly different haircut:
I think she looks better like this; her "current" haircut has always looked dumb to me.

desi
09-10-2012, 05:12 AM
I didn't mind this episode. They finally addressed something that we knew all along. It was apparent from the beginning of the season that there was something stopping Satoshi from making a move. I'm glad that this isn't the last episode and that MAL was wrong with the episode count... this episode as a finale would have been really weird.

killerinsidee
09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
I actually liked ep 21, sure it was a filler but it had some character development/background for a change. I liked the part when Chitanda and Ibara were in the chocolate shop, a funny reaction from Chitanda. Guess we'll see next week how they'll wrap it up (unless there's episode 23...). PV just shows Oreki on a bike so there's not much to go on.

VNHunter
09-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Can anyone tell me how many episodes left before Hyouka finishes this season???

desi
09-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Can anyone tell me how many episodes left before Hyouka finishes this season???

One episode left. Next week is the finale.

VNHunter
09-10-2012, 10:47 PM

next week??? at last... I can DL it by next week...

no OVAs??? specials???

desi
09-10-2012, 10:52 PM
next week??? at last... I can DL it by next week...

no OVAs??? specials???

Well, there is an OVA.. episode 11.5.. the quality is pretty shit though since it was streamed.. so you're going to have to wait for the bluray releases for a good quality of that. After the first season, they may or may not do an OVA. I don't think anything is set in stone right now... but it probably won't matter much for the plot anyways.

VNHunter
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Well, there is an OVA.. episode 11.5.. the quality is pretty shit though since it was streamed.. so you're going to have to wait for the bluray releases for a good quality of that. After the first season, they may or may not do an OVA. I don't think anything is set in stone right now... but it probably won't matter much for the plot anyways.

I see... well, I don't mind low quality, as long as the vid is not "pixelized"...

well... thanks for answering, sorry for bothering this thread...

killerinsidee
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM

Unless there's an another ep after, everyone pretty much thought that this week's ep was the last. I'm starting to think that ANN was right and it actually has 24 episodes.

Edit: The official site has only 22 eps listed - http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/kotenbu/story/22/. Guess it's the last then.

desi
09-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Unless there's an another ep after, everyone pretty much thought that this week's ep was the last one. I'm starting to think that ANN was right and it actually has 24 episodes.

Yeah, that could very well be possible haha. Guess we'll know next week.

VNHunter
09-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Unless there's an another ep after, everyone pretty much thought that this week's ep was the last. I'm starting to think that ANN was right and it actually has 24 episodes.

possibly, yeah... September still has 3 weeks left, so it may still have 3 more eps left...
crap... more waiting time for me... T_T

desi
09-10-2012, 11:07 PM
possibly, yeah... September still has 3 weeks left, so it may still have 3 more eps left...
crap... more waiting time for me... T_T

Looks like you're safe. Killer pointed out that on the website they only have 22 episodes listed. Probably the last one.

Dan.
09-17-2012, 06:35 AM
Last episode sucked. Oreki has changed because he's actually doing something bothersome of his own free will. And the reason he did it was for Chitanda. And at the end they implied he has feelings for her. People were hoping for all these things and they actually happened, so it should why did I say it sucked? Because it was all so predictable and boring. Chitanda is pretty and Oreki gets embarrassed looking at her - it's already happened in every episode. There was nothing new in this episode. And they just crammed a mini-mystery in there because this show is supposed to be about mysteries, but it was just bad. It was obvious and stupid. I didn't especially dislike this episode or anything, but it's just disappointing because it could have been so much better.

Oh, and it was definitely the last episode. There won't be any more, unless they make an ova or something.

ChexGuy
09-17-2012, 06:49 AM
OVA is supposed to come out with the BDs in January.

This last episode was so disappointing compared to the previous one, though I might be biased because the previous episode contained Virtual-On.

Dan.
09-17-2012, 06:56 AM
OVA is supposed to come out with the BDs in January.

Isn't that just the ova that already came out?

desi
09-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Last episode sucked. Oreki has changed because he's actually doing something bothersome of his own free will. And the reason he did it was for Chitanda. And at the end they implied he has feelings for her. People were hoping for all these things and they actually happened, so it should why did I say it sucked? Because it was all so predictable and boring. Chitanda is pretty and Oreki gets embarrassed looking at her - it's already happened in every episode. There was nothing new in this episode. And they just crammed a mini-mystery in there because this show is supposed to be about mysteries, but it was just bad. It was obvious and stupid. I didn't especially dislike this episode or anything, but it's just disappointing because it could have been so much better.

I disagree... I really enjoyed the ending. I liked how Oreki immediately understood why Satoshi was reluctant to accept Mayaka's feelings after his own "confession" to Eru. In the previous episode, we see that in his exchange with Satoshi that he never really understood what Satoshi was going on about despite claiming that he did. Satoshi believes that dating Mayaka will change him back to the person he once was, whereas Oreki believes that admitting he admires Chitanda will go against the motto he's lived by his entire life and shift things from grey to full-on rose-colored. He does want a rosy life...he just hasn't fully accepted that yet. This was seen through his inner monologue during the doll ceremony where he felt that he didn't belong there and even regretted coming while he walked along with the rest of the procession. Even after saying that, he couldn't help but enjoy himself and spent the whole time longingly gazing at Chitanda, hoping to catch a glimpse of her.

Regarding Chitanda, her future is already set in stone and you could see that she was being apologetic about it. I think that this shows that she is just as afraid of Oreki and Satoshi about her own feelings. She admires Oreki and doesn't want to chain him to a girl who's chained to such a boring place. Right at the end though was a very awesome moment. When the wind blew the cherry tree's leaves, just for a moment, the place became the most beautiful and the one that had the best potential. Just as Oreki imagined it a few seconds ago, it suddenly became the most perfect place there was for the two of them. I thought this was done in a very unique way instead of the whole get together in the last 2 seconds and kiss scene. Bravo to Kyoani.

Isn't that just the ova that already came out?

Yeah, that's the OVA that was streamed in shit quality. Maybe we'll get another OVA in the future.

killerinsidee
09-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Ep 22 - The last ep was kinda meh, as anticipated. As Dan said, nothing new happened in this ep except Oreki maybe having some feelings for her and the "bridge mystery" was rather lame. Overall I guess the show wasn't bat at all to watch every week. The animation was excellent and more then a few episodes were really great. It's just a pity that something more didn't happen, apart from the predictable "Oreki is not the energy saving guy anymore in the end" thing. 9/10 for the whole thing.

Also, there is no new OVA, it's the stream one as Dan mentioned.

Just playing
09-22-2012, 12:02 PM
i know that's son of ***** fat ass

when i watched the first episode it was like wow this is the real game world but then a fat thing came out and my eyes got burned really bad

Zaig
09-22-2012, 03:20 PM
i know that's son of ***** fat ass

when i watched the first episode it was like wow this is the real game world but then a fat thing came out and my eyes got burned really bad

Although I would be unsure by solely reading this post, your post here (https://erogegames.com/social/anime-lobby/627-worst-anime-youve-ever-watched-regret-watching-19/#post34406) leads me to believe you're commenting about the Accel World anime, and not Hyouka, which this thread is about. The Accel World thread is here (https://erogegames.com/social/anime-lobby/759-accel-world/), fyi.

Dan.
09-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Although I would be unsure by solely reading this post, your post here (https://erogegames.com/social/anime-lobby/627-worst-anime-youve-ever-watched-regret-watching-19/#post34406) leads me to believe you're commenting about the Accel World anime, and not Hyouka, which this thread is about. The Accel World thread is here (https://erogegames.com/social/anime-lobby/759-accel-world/), fyi.

Way back on the first page of this thread, we were talking about accel world. He's new, so he probably just started reading this thread, and then responded to something we said months ago.