PDA

View Full Version : Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

Zaig
07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Seeing as how this is a summer anime adapted from a visual novel, I figured I'd make a thread for it. The first episode airs on July 5th.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate follows the protagonist Yūki Ōjima, who attends Takafuji Private Academy a large school with over 6,000 students. Yūki is a member of the Food Research Club along with seven others, including his childhood friend Chisato Sumiyoshi. The members leisurely spend their time in the club not doing much activities. When the election of the next student council president comes up, the front runner Satsuki Shinonome proposes that clubs that have no merit should be sorted out and abolished. The Food Research Club seeks advice from the current student council president Yakumo Mōri, who suggests Yūki run in the election as an opposing candidate. Yūki learns about the issues facing the school and decides to run in the election.

Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzlGkbatrI

Masao
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
like all VN adaptations, it will be crappy, almost as bad as light novel adaptions.

higguy
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
like all VN adaptations, it will be crappy, almost as bad as light novel adaptions.

sad to say , but i think you're right =.=
still i will give it a try when its out.....

Kamidori
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
u should have put the eroge OP too , just epic , meh i will post it

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate PV - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJoU4A3dNr8)

i wonder whose route will get animated , i was surprised when sena's route in mashiro didnt get animated (felt pissed in Miu senpai's route)

OneManArmy
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
If you switch 'all' with 'most' then I've to agree.

ultimecea
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM

yeah...agree on what Baa-chan says..
not all VN adaptation sucks..just some...
after all..it depends on who and how the script goes~~

Masao
07-03-2012, 02:30 PM

yeah...agree on what Baa-chan says..
not all VN adaptation sucks..just some...
after all..it depends on who and how the script goes~~

You're both right, I've I overreacted...

Dubs
07-03-2012, 02:54 PM

Wasn't Yosuga no Sora a VN adaptation? The Anime for that was epic.
Also I shall look into this but chances are I won't like it.

Nobu
07-06-2012, 02:45 PM
I hafta say, 3rd good show this season, really looking forward 2 the next epi :). since i didnt read the VN, idc about how well its adapted, plus the animations were pretty good, not crazy, but definitely on par w/ the current standards.

-the music after the OP reminded me of something but i kinda forgot, i think it was probably Amagami? maybe not.

Zaig
07-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Episode 1

That was a dark beginning for a harem anime. I did not expect that at all. Overall, it was a good first episode. Liking how it jumped right into a main conflict.

Dan.
07-06-2012, 11:31 PM
i wonder whose route will get animated , i was surprised when sena's route in mashiro didnt get animated (felt pissed in Miu senpai's route)

Me too. I thought Sena's route would be animated. It's okay that they didn't do hers, but why did they pick Miu? She had no personality and a boring story. Inui's story was much more interesting. Even Sakuno would have been a better choice. I just don't see the reasoning behind animating Miu's route.

That was a dark beginning for a harem anime. I did not expect that at all.

Same here, I was not expecting that. So far this anime's not bad. I'm gonna keep watching it. It will probably turn out pretty good and make me want to play it. Then I'll be sad because it's not translated.

I was a little confused with the propeller on that guy's head and the mask that only the protagonist could see - what was with that?

Zaig
07-06-2012, 11:52 PM
I was a little confused with the propeller on that guy's head and the mask that only the protagonist could see - what was with that?

Yeah, that was weird. I'm not sure what was going on, and I don't know if we'll ever get an answer. Perhaps used for comedy?

Dan.
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Yeah, that was weird. I'm not sure what was going on, and I don't know if we'll ever get an answer. Perhaps used for comedy?

I think maybe they had the propeller and the henohenomoheji face in the game as a visual gag, then used it in the anime to make a joke on their own joke. Who knows?

higguy
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Me too. I thought Sena's route would be animated. It's okay that they didn't do hers, but why did they pick Miu? She had no personality and a boring story. Inui's story was much more interesting. Even Sakuno would have been a better choice. I just don't see the reasoning behind animating Miu's route.

Same here, I was not expecting that. So far this anime's not bad. I'm gonna keep watching it. It will probably turn out pretty good and make me want to play it. Then I'll be sad because it's not translated.

Hey , i also thought that sena's route in mashiiro would b the one , i got trolled and dissapointed at the end hahahaha , i was hoping for inui's route to be the one animated......

As for the propeller and mask thing , i do hope that in the future episodes it would have some value in it by having us seeing it in the early stages.
Hope the anime would continue to be good so that it will motivate ppl to translate the VN

warrof
07-13-2012, 04:14 AM
well that was interesting... confuseing, but interesting... I think

Did that girl get hit with a car in the game?

Dan.
07-13-2012, 04:21 AM
As for the propeller and mask thing , i do hope that in the future episodes it would have some value in it by having us seeing it in the early stages.

I just watched episode 2, and there was no propeller or mask, but i saw the propeller in the next episode preview.

well that was interesting... confuseing, but interesting... I think

Did that girl get hit with a car in the game?

Yeah, I kinda had the same reaction.

I haven't played the game, so I can't answer your question.

Zaig
07-13-2012, 01:36 PM
The second episode was funny, and I found it more entertaining than the previous. The downside is I REALLY want to play Chisato's route. But for now, I will root for her in the anime. GO, childhood friend!

Dan.
07-13-2012, 01:42 PM
The second episode was funny, and I found it more entertaining than the previous. The downside is I REALLY want to play Chisato's route. But for now, I will root for her in the anime. GO, childhood friend!

I'm guessing they're going with her route, since the chocolate thing in the title seems to be about her.

Zaig
07-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm guessing they're going with her route, since the chocolate thing in the title seems to be about her.

That, and apparently the visual novel forces you to complete her route first, iirc. But I'm thinking it could go either her or Shinonome at the moment.

crisisdestriX
07-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Totally in love with Chisato right now. Wish I could find the Visual Novel somewhere though :( I kinda really wanna play it after watching the first two episodes of KoiChoco.

Dan.
07-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Totally in love with Chisato right now. Wish I could find the Visual Novel somewhere though :( I kinda really wanna play it after watching the first two episodes of KoiChoco.

There's no english patch though :(

But here's a torrent for the japanese version: torrent (http://sukebei.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=34932)

crisisdestriX
07-18-2012, 08:29 AM

But here's a torrent for the japanese version: torrent (http://sukebei.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=34932)

Thank you so much! I've looked everywhere for this!

crisisdestriX
07-19-2012, 05:21 AM

Oh, do you know where I can get a working NoDVD?

Dan.
07-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh, do you know where I can get a working NoDVD?

You can try this: NoDVD (http://www.mediafire.com/?md3f9882vdi8mos)
Rename the original koichoco.exe and koichoco.bmp to something else, then put the ones from that link into the game folder. If you have problems, delete the file"ksc-license.dat" in the "config" folder inside the main game folder.

crisisdestriX
07-20-2012, 03:23 AM
You can try this: NoDVD (http://www.mediafire.com/?md3f9882vdi8mos)
Rename the original koichoco.exe and koichoco.bmp to something else, then put the ones from that link into the game folder. If you have problems, delete the file"ksc-license.dat" in the "config" folder inside the main game folder.

I downloaded it and opened it, but nothing happened. :/
The strange thing is, koichoco.exe is already renamed to something else in the torrent you sent me, and there is no "config" folder, nor "ksc-license.dat" file, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Dan.
07-20-2012, 06:01 AM
I downloaded it and opened it, but nothing happened. :/
The strange thing is, koichoco.exe is already renamed to something else in the torrent you sent me, and there is no "config" folder, nor "ksc-license.dat" file, as shown in the attached screenshot.

I think the config folder and that file are made after you start the game/change settings. Maybe try naming those koichoco files the same as the files that were already there (after renaming the ones that are there).

crisisdestriX
07-20-2012, 07:30 AM
I got the .exe to run, but this is what happens :/ 5544
Although, I managed to get it to create the config folder - even though the folder is empty.

Dan.
07-20-2012, 07:33 AM
I got the .exe to run, but this is what happens :/ 5544
Although, I managed to get it to create the config folder - even though the folder is empty.

It looks like it's still asking for the dvd, so i guess it doesn't work. Sorry.

crisisdestriX
07-20-2012, 07:34 AM
It's alright - thanks for the help!

pinoyknight55
07-20-2012, 11:15 PM
CraneAnime: [sprite] Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (JAP) (http://www.craneanime.com/2011/07/dontlikechocolate.html)
this site is doing some work as well. dont know if itll help though :/

Dan.
07-20-2012, 11:32 PM
CraneAnime: [sprite] Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (JAP) (http://www.craneanime.com/2011/07/dontlikechocolate.html)

this is the noDVD from that page: NoDvd (http://www.mediafire.com/?8cj64iww54tpz1y)

other possibly relevant stuff:

"Well just remember to read the instructions if you dont want to screw over"
"You need a the trial for the crack to work,after install the trial,there a something KEY file in it that u need it for the full game,copas the KEY thing over something like that"

trial version -> google: 恋と選挙とチョコレート trial
for koichoco -> "i just put it inside the folder and the game runs:D"

The file is in the config folder called SKS2AS-LICENSE and KSCT-LICENSE. Copy these into the full version config folder. Then rename the SKS2AS-LICENSE file into KSC-LICENSE. The game should work. Just make sure you run as administrator otherwise the files wont create in the trial version.

Hope this works for you.

crisisdestriX
07-21-2012, 02:33 AM

Thanks! Seems interesting - I'll try it out and tell you if this method works!

crisisdestriX
07-21-2012, 04:44 AM
this is the noDVD from that page: NoDvd (http://www.mediafire.com/?8cj64iww54tpz1y)

other possibly relevant stuff:

"Well just remember to read the instructions if you dont want to screw over"
"You need a the trial for the crack to work,after install the trial,there a something KEY file in it that u need it for the full game,copas the KEY thing over something like that"

trial version -> google: 恋と選挙とチョコレート trial
for koichoco -> "i just put it inside the folder and the game runs:D"

The file is in the config folder called SKS2AS-LICENSE and KSCT-LICENSE. Copy these into the full version config folder. Then rename the SKS2AS-LICENSE file into KSC-LICENSE. The game should work. Just make sure you run as administrator otherwise the files wont create in the trial version.

Hope this works for you.

Thank you for all your help! At first, none of these solutions worked for me (and the Mediafire link for NoDVD was broken). I'm glad I was persistent, though! I searched for endless hours on google, and downloaded endless files! This is the result of my diligence! :D 5551

Again, thank you for taking the time to help me! I really appreciate it - and now that I know how to get it to work, I would be more than happy to get the VN running for you if you haven't already played it.

Kaiser
07-21-2012, 06:03 AM
it's a shame the VN isn't getting translated,,
well, the anime itself is interesting, though..

Helvetica Standard
07-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Good VN's like this one never get translated...

crisisdestriX
07-21-2012, 07:02 AM
The OST for the game is wonderful - just like for the anime

walker
07-27-2012, 03:34 AM
Thank you for all your help! At first, none of these solutions worked for me (and the Mediafire link for NoDVD was broken). I'm glad I was persistent, though! I searched for endless hours on google, and downloaded endless files! This is the result of my diligence! :D 5551

Again, thank you for taking the time to help me! I really appreciate it - and now that I know how to get it to work, I would be more than happy to get the VN running for you if you haven't already played it.

how??? where did you it? how do you install it? can explain me a little more I downloaled from a page that has the "noDVD" ..........I have the game and everything, I was following the steps in the conversation,but it doens┤t work.........I openened the game from the noDVD, it appears in the screen "loading" but then suddendly close it.

PD: sorry for my bad english:(, I am from peru.

crisisdestriX
07-27-2012, 04:13 AM
You need to download the Trial Version of the game. Play it. Then a config folder should be made inside. You have to copy the file inside into the config folder of your FULL Version of KoiChoco (create a folder if there isn't one) and rename it to KSC-License.dat. Then you take the same file and put it in the same folder, but instead, you rename it KSCT-License.dat.

Zaig
07-28-2012, 07:53 AM
*makes an attempt to get back on topic*

Episode 04

So basically, to sum this episode up

The entire first half was spent having the characters calculate numerous random prices/other numbers (seriously, what the heck - never seen so many numbers shouted in one episode continuously before like that), while the second was about the bitches of the academy bullying Aomi by stealing her panties. Another reason the visual novel needs to get translated: to comfort her!

hyromaru
07-28-2012, 11:46 PM
can't agree with you more!!!

crisisdestriX
07-29-2012, 02:44 AM
*makes an attempt to get back on topic*

Episode 04

So basically, to sum this episode up

The entire first half was spent having the characters calculate numerous random prices/other numbers (seriously, what the heck - never seen so many numbers shouted in one episode continuously before like that), while the second was about the bitches of the academy bullying Aomi by stealing her panties. Another reason the visual novel needs to get translated: to comfort her!

I am actually really enjoying the series so far - it's really great!

Jexun
07-29-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm watching it now and I like it so far. Me and my friend played the visual novel (Well technically he translated it for me while we where playing) but I really enjoyed it and i'm glad it got adapted into a anime.

crisisdestriX
07-29-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm watching it now and I like it so far. Me and my friend played the visual novel (Well technically he translated it for me while we where playing) but I really enjoyed it and i'm glad it got adapted into a anime.

Dam I wish I had a friend like that...

Jexun
07-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Dam I wish I had a friend like that...

It has it's perks but when he translates it's a pretty rough description

crisisdestriX
07-30-2012, 12:12 AM
It has it's perks but when he translates it's a pretty rough description

Haha - still better than nothing! I like your profile pic. I'm a Chisato-fan myself.

If you've watched the most recent episode of KoiChoco...
I really wish those bullies at the end would go kill themselves.

Jexun
07-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Haha - still better than nothing! I like your profile pic. I'm a Chisato-fan myself.

If you've watched the most recent episode of KoiChoco...
I really wish those bullies at the end would go kill themselves.

Oh i'm watching it right now and I find her so kawaii~

Dan.
07-30-2012, 01:11 AM

wouldn't it get kind of awkward during the h-scenes? also, i'm a fan of your current avatar (michiru).

Jexun
07-30-2012, 01:19 AM
wouldn't it get kind of awkward during the h-scenes? also, i'm a fan of your current avatar (michiru).

Not really he's like my best friend and we'd usually get drunk and play games together

Seoleim
07-30-2012, 09:11 AM
The only 2 shows i'm watching this season are this and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, both of which i'm really enjoying. Kind of a sudden gear shift that last episode though with it all being light hearted and then a sudden U-turn into serious territory. I'm sure the game had a more concrete ending to that whole arc than what we will see much of in the show but I'd like it if they could at least solve her bully issues.

StÓr
08-06-2012, 08:42 PM
I haven't played the VN because idk japanese but I watched the first 4 eps yesterday and I liked it a lot tbh, I really want to know what that was at the start with the girl that got ran over and how the main character is gonna get involved in all that

and that girl that has to work and gets bullied... I wan't to know more about the students like her and also for her to stop getting bullied

Nobu
08-06-2012, 09:58 PM
I like the bullying. Er...What i mean is that i like it as it gives the MC a chance to really shine...that and the fact that i like bullying itself.

StÓr
08-07-2012, 12:42 AM
That is messed up >.> unless its a joke and im not getting it.

Kyo
08-07-2012, 01:45 AM
What Nobu meant is that the bullying matter will add some more events in the anime, and it will make it more, let's say, lively and thus it won't get boring and the Main character,as Nobu said, will have the opportunity to "shine".

Dan.
08-07-2012, 04:09 AM

You can just ignore anything Nobu says.

Nobu, you're scaring the new members.

StÓr
08-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Yes, he is scaring me so much that I'm now afraid of this forums. Took me 2 hours of meditation to work up the courage to post again

Dan.
08-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Yes, he is scaring me so much that I'm now afraid of this forums. Took me 2 hours of meditation to work up the courage to post again

Well don't worry, you can just ignore him. Almost all the other members are nice people. Even Nobu's not so bad all the time.

Nobu
08-07-2012, 07:42 AM
You people aren't getting the main point :

I like the bullying. that and the fact that i like bullying itself.

. . . . okay maybe a little scary.

Jexun
08-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Does anybody know when they update the subbed episodes cause I've been waiting for ep 5 for a while

Dan.
08-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Does anybody know when they update the subbed episodes cause I've been waiting for ep 5 for a while

ep 5 airs next week. the olympics messed up scheduling for several shows.

Jexun
08-09-2012, 02:27 AM
ep 5 airs next week. the olympics messed up scheduling for several shows.

Oh makes sense

StÓr
08-09-2012, 04:32 AM
Yeah, it was the olympics :( and how long is this anime gonna be? anyone know?

Dan.
08-09-2012, 04:36 AM
oh, and ep 6 will also be aired next week on the same day as ep 5. they will be broadcast one after the other.

StÓr
08-09-2012, 04:38 AM
nice^ :o didn't expect that

StÓr
08-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Where are my episodes

Dan.
08-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Where are my episodes

about 4 more days, depending on your timezone.

StÓr
08-17-2012, 02:28 AM
They are here!! Noaw just need da subz :*(

Zaig
08-28-2012, 10:24 PM
The sixth/seventh episode had a lot of CG scenes from the visual novel. I was interested in what was happening in them before the anime aired, and thankfully my curiosity got satisfied because I probably wouldn't have learned any other way...unless it gets translated. As for the plot shift, it was nice to get a little break from politics and develop the characters more.

udizzle
10-11-2012, 05:27 AM
if anyone wants them they have all the episodes here subbed :)

-there at the bottom of the page

Koi to Senkyo (90MB Encoded) (http://www.animeout.com/koi-to-senkyo-to-chocolate-720p-minihd-90mb-encoded/)

Whitetragedy
10-11-2012, 05:47 AM
At first I thought that read 90GB >_>

udizzle
10-11-2012, 05:54 AM
lol id never post an abomination like that XD

VNHunter
10-11-2012, 10:33 AM

OUCH... a scary mistake indeed... I don't think anyone would try to DL it if its size is 90GB for just a 12ep(24min) compilation...

Gerard the Lone Wolf
10-11-2012, 10:37 AM

This post made my day. =)

Exsilon
10-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Look like I am late for the discussion, oh well

As for me I also enjoy the series a lot too
the only downside is that some of the stuff in the story dont get to be explained (propeller guys, Morimota's mask etc.)

the story is great not quite much of a harem on this one

I gave it a 8/10
and did I mention I love the OP (Signal Graph)?