Visual Novels Translation Status [09/09/2012]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money eh? Huh, I should have known. (ー,ー)

Still, I wonder whether it's profitable to translate a vn like Steins Gate that has already been fans translated.

Well, considering JAST re-released, or is in the process of releasing some titles that have already been translated, there might just be. I would guess it depends more on how popular a title is.

Edit: From ranmafan on the FH/A forum thread:

I'm thinking the next release ought to be playable right through to the end.

That may or may not happen this year... Depends on how smoothly my upcoming overseas move goes.

So we might be able to get the main section fully translated this year, but it might not include the side stuff. That's what I got from it.

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/55-Fate-Hollow-Ataraxia-Translation-will-be-finished-when-its-finished-stop-asking?p=934345&viewfull=1#post934345

Edit 2: Boob Wars is done testing and the reports have been compiled. Just waiting for MG to go through and look at all the corrections to determine whether each one is going to be used or not. Then it will be off to the original company for them to re-insert the corrected lines and do whatever programming might be needed.

Edited by strom
According to Seiha's site, their secret project was Sora wo Aogite Kuma Takaku.

Btw, just making sure it stays clear because you probably really think that's the one.

That MIGHT or might not (most likely) be the VN he's translating.Basically, whenever Aroduc updates his translation status he adds the name of a different VN there.That isn't the first time he set a VN's name there =p

Prepare to get your hope crushed into a dust.

Then you will get a half-assed translation that wasn't quite finished yet. Are you fine with that?

Cant say im fine with that, but patience aint one of the things im best at. he havent dissapointed me yet though

I don't know exactly what's happened to the other people in the Yandere project, but as far as I know one of them is being whipped to death by some kind of horror-manager and the other I haven't heard from in about 2.5 months. So I'm posting this, which involves the other translation projects I'm working on.

Work will likely be slow. I'm translating one part once a week for each of the titles, which translates to about 200-500 lines per week for each title. I've got a lot of stuff on my plate because of college, but don't worry. I'll keep trucking on until they're done. Once we (or I at this point, I don't know) get done editing Yandere I'll have a much better translation rate.

When I update the projects, I'll update the percentages. Expect about .1 percent a week unless I get a whole lot of time.

I've got nothing to do with the tlwiki people, and this is really the only place I'll be posting this stuff. (Meaning /jp/)

As of current writing, here is the rough translation percentage marks on each of the games I’m translating.

Yandere: 100% Translated, 36.2% edited.

Kurukuru Fanatic: 2% translated, 0% edited. 120 kb of 2mb translated.

LoveMail: 6% translated, 0% edited. 92 kb of 1.36 mb translated.

If you wish to email me about something, you may do so @ [email protected]

Ah a perfectly good reason why Yandere became slow. Well thats understandable.

So we might be able to get the main section fully translated this year, but it might not include the side stuff. That's what I got from it.

Yay! That'll become the first partial patch I've downloaded.

Anyways.... time to disappear from the face of the forums.... again.

According to 4chan, this saturday Rance translators are going to release translation of Widenyo. It's Mamanyonyo (Mamanyonyo) remake which can be found in Alice 2010. This game suppose to be endless so it should be kinda helpful for bored guys like me who are waiting for next releases.

My 1st post here! I'm amazed that I did that:p