Which of these would be a better alternative to DAEMOMS tool pro?

I saw this website that was talking about the 3 best alternative for digital disk mounting so i was wondering, which do you guys think is better

-WinCDEmu

-Alcohol 52%

-Virtual CloneDrive

In there they also talk about DAEMON tools lite, I mean I really liked DAEMON Pro trial, it worked great. I just don't feel like re-installing it every 20 days and seeing I only have 8 days left I want to find something to replace it for good. From what I understand, DAEMON tools lite is like a less featured version of DAEMON pro so I don't know if this will affect me in any way.

Also saying i "really liked" DAEMON Pro is something like a blind assumption, this is the first time i mount digital drives but all i can say it that with DAEMON pro worked well and did what i wanted. just double click, wait a few second and boom, mounted disk, didn't even execute the program. It was so simple that I fell in love with it's usability and that's why i said "I really liked" DAEMON Tools. How ever, i'm new at this. maybe DAEMON misses some features that i can find useful, this is why i'm asking you guys for your opinion

All in all, I want something I don't have to install and re-install over and over again (win-zip is already annoying enough) and but with enough features to keep me entertained, It doesn't need to be one of the 3 i mentioned. (oh, almost forgot, free, has to be free. I can't buy programs cause most are purchased through Paypal or some other method that can accept payments in dollars, euro, and many other currencies but my currency is controlled. I live in Venezuela and my currency exchange control makes it hard for me to purchase things online, including programs.)

(sorry if my writing has some grammar errors, the air conditioning is off so i'm dying of heat and my mum keeps yelling at the phone, I can't even hear my own thoughts LOL, Thanks in advanced.)

(original post: 3 Free Alternatives To DAEMON Tools For Mounting Image Files )

Virtual clonedrive is a decent, liteweight alternative but it (had)has? problems with mdf files and such to mount.

Deamon tools does anything i need from it so i'll stick to that.

so lite version is just as good. thanks, that's just what i wanted to hear, I'll go download it now.

So I'm guessing no one knows what "SPTD 1.81" is huh, google time.

Ah sorry, forgot to answer that question. Basically SPTD is similar to other access layers used by other programs who provide access to storage devices but it has a lot more features that make this interface unique; copy and paste ftw. \o/

I'm not sure about the new version but some games, or rather said their copy protection, have problems with that SPTD thingy. But like I said, I'm not sure about this and it's possible that I mixed somethig up.

Well, i already installed it without SPTD 1.81. so if i find myself in the need to use it I guess i'll just re-install it with SPTD. Also, Caelistas, it's not requiring me a reboot unless i installed SPTD 1.81. not that i don't want to reboot or anything, just to let you know it's not required. (windows update has be bothering me since i turned this computer on, i'm gonna let Installion of DAEMON finish and i'm gonna reboot. WINDOW, Y U NO UPDATE LIKE LINUX?!?)

No sh*t Sherlock homes, i know how to turn it off but still prefer following my schedule. My computer (laptop) has been getting filled with downloads and it might be best if i did run a defrag.

*also don't take that "no sh*t Sherlock homes" too seriously, I'm just screwing with you. :p

I live in Venezuela (...)

Heh... ¿qué cuentas compatriota come arepa?

(...) and my currency exchange control makes it hard for me to purchase things online, including programs.

pffft... nowadays there's various free software alternatives for a lot of apps.

I've been using PowerISO v5.2 for a few months now and it works fine for me, PM for the details if you want.

Heh... ¿qué cuentas compatriota come arepa?

Lo unico que hay que contar. Hay un camino. :p

pffft... nowadays there's various free software alternatives for a lot of apps.

I've been using PowerISO v5.2 for a few months now and it works fine for me, PM for the details if you want.

Thanks, i stuck with DAEMON lite though.

Lol, then don't complain about it.

I'm complaining because it shouldn't be there in the first place. If linux doesn't require it, why should windows (maybe because of sloppy coding i guess)? HTG Explains: Why Linux Doesn’t Need Defragmenting - How-To Geek

If linux doesn't require it, why should windows

Because windows isn't able to organize itself. If you're installing a new game, or programm, then windows will install it somewhere, even if this means that the files will be scattered over the whole hard disk. Linux is way more intelligent and don't need to be defraged.

(I'm sorry if I'm saying the same stuff like that link source but I couldn't open that site, because of windows reasons I guess.)

Because windows isn't able to organize itself. If you're installing a new game, or programm, then windows will install it somewhere, even if this means that the files will be scattered over the whole hard disk. Linux is way more intelligent and don't need to be defraged.

(I'm sorry if I'm saying the same stuff like that link source but I couldn't open that site, because of windows reasons I guess.)

LoL, yeah, exactly what the site says. windows is just trying to stop people from KNOWING THE TRUTH!

windows is just trying to stop people from KNOWING THE TRUTH!

Nah, that "install it somewhere" strategy is just another way of doing things. It's working after all and if you don't have to much games or programms on your computer then there's no problem with it being not organized. I personally prefer linux though but don't use it because most stuff doesn't support it. Wow, my english sounds pretty awkward this evening, time for bed. (z_z)

Nah, that "install it somewhere" strategy is just another way of doing things. It's working after all and if you don't have to much games or programms on your computer then there's no problem with it being not organized. I personally prefer linux though but don't use it because most stuff doesn't support it. Wow, my english sounds pretty awkward this evening, time for bed. (z_z)

Problem is that I'm a gamer and since most game aren't compatible with Linux i'm stuck with windows. I can't imagine how unusable computers are gonna be when windows 8 comes out. -_-

Edit: "Aren't be compatiable"... changed to "Aren't compatible". your awkward English is contagious.

Edited by wiitoy200