Duel Savior (English) - FAQs, Bugs, etc.

Do you have any codec packs installed?

I've installed enough that all the other games so far worked, it's just been this one that has gave me trouble, and it works fine on my laptop that has no special codecs installed.

It's just a no support whenever i start it up, and all my commands to get to desktop/window mode/alt F4 stop working although I can still hear my mouse hovering over the main menu.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this game I cant get [bBERIO'S PATH to work!

I have already did Kaede and Rico.

I have tried it my way, then tried using a walkthrough,then my way mixed with the walkthrough.(Nothing Works)

Each time I have to do those stupid fights I done 600 times over and over,Just to get to chapter 8 and she doesn't go to the city with me.I don't even like her character but I need to do her rout.

GOD CAN I TURN THE BATTLE SYSTEM OFF.THAT SHOULD ALWAYS BE AN OPTION AFTER YOU BEAT THE GAME ONCE OR IT LEAST GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SKIP UNIMPORTANT BATTLES!

I hate this game I cant get [bBERIO'S PATH to work!

I have already did Kaede and Rico.

I have tried it my way, then tried using a walkthrough,then my way mixed with the walkthrough.(Nothing Works)

Each time I have to do those stupid fights I done 600 times over and over,Just to get to chapter 8 and she doesn't go to the city with me.I don't even like her character but I need to do her rout.

GOD CAN I TURN THE BATTLE SYSTEM OFF.THAT SHOULD ALWAYS BE AN OPTION AFTER YOU BEAT THE GAME ONCE OR IT LEAST GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SKIP UNIMPORTANT BATTLES!

Here is a save with the complete Berio, Kaede, Rico, Nanashi, Lily and Mia (normal and true) route. Didn't play the harem route so far, therefore there's still one h-scene missing in the replay menu. Furthermore, I don't know if I'll play the survival mode (you get five CG's if you reach level 200 in Survival) and I don't know if there are some CG's from the character routes missing.

Save 01 - After completing Berio's route

Save 02 - After completing Kaede's route

Save 03 - After completing Rico's route

Save 04 - After completing Nanashi's route

Save 05 - After completing Lily's route

Save 06 - After completing Mia's normal route

Save 07 - After completing Mia's true route

That means, if you load Save 04 for example, you can go on with Lily's route and then Mia's true ending (after Mia's good ending) if you want to see them.

Or if you load Save 07, you can go on with the harem route for example.

The CG's and replay scenes are saved in the config file, that means, if you only want the CG's (or h-scenes), you just have to overwrite the config file.

And no, you can't turn the battles off. Just change the difficulty to "Little girl" :)

if anyone wants the 100% save+CG just visit here Seiha Translations - View topic - 100% Save?

i can understand if some of you just wants the CG's, this game has boring repetitive battles you have to do on each routes

from my personal opinion this game isn't worth playing over and over again, unlike some of previous games Aroduc did

playing through some battles and i already miss Kami's battle system............KAMIIIIIIIIIII!!! :o

people better stop using windows trialware just because it looks more "interesting" and because all the bullshit M******** throws at you

better use windows 7 or good ol' windows xp (never disappoint me) if you only want to play eroge (more stable, more everything)

if you really wanna use windows 8 and you have patience just wait about two weeks for it to get release officially (schedule release on October 26, 2012)

people better stop using windows trialware just because it looks more "interesting" and because all the bullshit M******** throws at you

better use windows 7 or good ol' windows xp (never disappoint me) if you only want to play eroge (more stable, more everything)

if you really wanna use windows 8 and you have patience just wait about two weeks for it to get release officially (schedule release on October 26, 2012)

This problem exists on the official release too, because DirectX.11 has not all features from the previous ones. The advantage of Win8: Older games (from 1995 and younger) work just fine again. I wanted to install over eight games from 2002 and before, but none of them worked on Win7.

In fact, the best solution for this problem is to install VirtualBox and run it in XP, but Win8 is definitely better than Win7 regarding (very) old/er games.

Edited by pumasrevenge
The advantage of Win8: Older games (from 1995 and younger) work just again.

Really? that's a strange thing for a windows OS given their tendency to continually drop more and more support and backwards compatibility features with each new OS release.

I wanted to install over eight games from 2002 and before, but none of them worked on Win7.

Probably something to do with the version you used (perhaps one of them 'bare bones' versions) or a lack of something else (probably some old DX versions but they can be found on the net). Ive installed various oldie games from 96, 98, etc in W7 Ultimate without any or very little problems.

Probably something to do with the version you used (perhaps one of them 'bare bones' versions) or a lack of something else (probably some old DX versions but they can be found on the net). Ive installed various oldie games from 96, 98, etc in W7 Ultimate without any or very little problems.

I'm only using the original disc for older games, since I can get them really cheap and the old games are the best ones in my opinion (like AoE, Cossacks, etc.). And no, I can't have used old DirectX versions, because I wrote the MS support about the DirectDraw error and they send me the download link for DirectX ... "You have installed this or a newer version of DirectX already." (don't know the exact message since my language is set to German).

Solution for people who get the direct draw error if they're using Windows XP - Run in compatibility mode under Windows 95. Highly doubt it will work for Windows 8 users, but you can try it.

Thx for the info, added it to the first post.

Anybody know how to unlock endless mode? I was thinking I'd just have to beat one of the routes but that didn't work. I get the feeling it's something obvious since no one else asked here or seiha's forums.

You must clear all routes before you can unlock the endless mode.

I'm only using the original disc for older games, since I can get them really cheap and the old games are the best ones in my opinion (like AoE, Cossacks, etc.).

Agreed, especially for rpg and strategy games.

And no, I can't have used old DirectX versions, because I wrote the MS support about the DirectDraw error and they send me the download link for DirectX ... "You have installed this or a newer version of DirectX already." (don't know the exact message since my language is set to German).

I'm not gonna pretend to have good knowledge of DirectX stuff, but i do know that having some newer/latest DirectX versions installed does not necesarily mean you have all the old versions required for some games to run installed. I've seen people have this problem for a game like Fallout/Fallout2.

I'm not gonna pretend to have good knowledge of DirectX stuff, but i do know that having some newer/latest DirectX versions installed does not necesarily mean you have all the old versions required for some games to run installed. I've seen people have this problem for a game like Fallout/Fallout2.

I know, therefore some games have the DirectX version which is needed at the installation included, but not every game. And if you want to play an older game which needs for example DirectX 9 and you're using DirectX 11 (actual version of DirectX) there can be problems, without a doubt. But you can't uninstall DirectX like any other game/program, since it's not listed under the program list, which means you can't install an older version that easily, since you get the message about the newer version which is installed. It's possible to uninstall DirectX, yeah, but it's not that easy in comparison to other programs.

the nigth after the fight with kaede the game crashes after kaede starst saying

'W-W-W-W-W-What ar you doing here?'

i alredy use the quick fix

anybody know how to fix that??

Try to begin the route from the start again or try another route (for example, if you are on Kaede's route, try Berio's route, if you already did her route, then try Nanashi's route).

If the other routes also won't work, try to reinstall the game.

Have you tried on another PC?

You can try to use my savegame from the first post too.

I ll try going through another rute

but if that work can i change routes after thet point

i was in the berio route

I think you have to clear the route first if you aim for another route. I think you would get a bad ending if you follow the walkthrough for Kaede's route until this chapter and then continue with the walkthrough for Berio's route.

But anyway, you have to complete Berio's, Kaede's, Nanashi's and Rico's route to unlock Lily's route and then Mia's route. If you absolutely don't want to play Kaede's route, you must use a savegame. I would recommend you to download mine and load Save01 (this is the savegame after completing Berio's route) and then you can play Berio's route again if you want to play it.