I'm looking for something a bit more time-consuming to read/play, I'm running out of VNs to read at the rate I'm going, and I don't want to be lacking for stuff to read in between translation releases.

I just finished Berio's route in Duel Savior and I'm looking for some similar stuff.

I'm looking at Kamidori, Daibanchou and Sengoku Rance, but I might get frustrated at the AliceSoft ones since you can't easily collect all the CGs (yeah it's my OCD) and Sengoku Rance is unvoiced. Tears to Tiara doesn't look too bad and so is Eien no Aselia, but then Eien no Aselia doesn't have H... :(

Any other recommendations on VNs with gameplay? I've done Utawarerumono (took me a month playing it on and off), Princess Waltz (don't really consider it gameplay, Angela's first fight is the only one that gave me trouble, mostly from the lack of understanding of rules than anything else), and Koihime Musou (the most sleep-inducing). Thanks!

Kamidori - Its gameplay is so awesome that you'll play it at least for 70 hours. The story is rather dumb but who cares? PLAY. THIS. GAME.

Sengoku Rance - Rance doesn't need a voice. Story is hilarious and the strategy part is fun as well so go for it.

Tears to Tiara - Pretty decent game with too many h's. Story had its moments but I wouldn't call it great. You can try it but don't expect too much.

Eien no Aselia - I personally disliked the gameplay so much that I dropped this game but you may like it. I heard that the story's a good one.

Daibanchou - Can't say anything about this title because I didn't play it.

I'm looking for something a bit more time-consuming to read/play,

I might get frustrated at the AliceSoft ones since you can't easily collect all the CGs

Lol, but don't you want something time consuming? =P

Do mahjong game counts? I've only played Conbokujan thought. Saki, Akagi, Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku and other mahjong mangas make me want to learn mahjong in "fun" way.... Never mind, omit the quotation marks.

Well, it's a 1v1 mahjong game for the story gameplay. Every time you win a game, you will get experience points. Dunno what for. Can't understand the kanjis. And then... you have skills too. You can use skill to determine what tiles you will get at the beginning. There are something like skills point or mana, so you can't use the skills continuously. You can also use the skill from the girls you have defeated. There are 16 girls.

There is also a free battle mode where you can play the 4 people game normally, no skills.

Kamidori - Its gameplay is so awesome that you'll play it at least for 70 hours. The story is rather dumb but who cares? PLAY. THIS. GAME.

Agreed on that one. #1 VN to play for gameplay, besides Sengoku Rance. It's actually really good and it's tempting to continue with it for me aswell (never finished it).

You can check out Eien no Aselia later if you wish. Even if the version that is translated doesn't have H-scenes, the version that was translated is superior because it added two routes, has improved cg, etc. The sequel which will be released by Jast sometime next year (hopefully) has h-scenes... so you can make a huge sacrifice and play without h-scenes.

I was also looking forward to Yumina. How long has it been since I keep seeing "All game data translated. Testing.", release "Maybe this year" in VNTLS? I really hope JAST could release this soon.

Edited by evollove
I was also looking forward to Yumina. How long has it been since I keep seeing "All game data translated. Testing.", release "Maybe this year" in VNTL? I really hope they could release this soon.

Yeah, I've been looking forward to Yumina for quite a while. I highly doubt it will be released this year just by going by some of the stuff they've said over their twitter account. Probably early next year.

Daibanchou has a really fun gameplay, the story is ok, the routes are pretty much the same thing (the only thing different is the ending and that each heroin has 9~10 H CGs) there are 6 heroins, like sengoku rance it takes a while to get the hang of it, but gets easy after you get it, the protag is a nice guy I guess, there is at least 1 H scene for almost every girl in the game, sometimes it gets annoying to clear some characters.

You guys are forgetting the #1 in gameplay eroges: Monster Girl Quest

Aside from those already mentioned, there's also:

Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048 (though I wouldn't recommend it)

Violated Hero -I Wanted to Chivalrously Save the World-

Lightning Warrior Raidy

That's all I can think of atm. Look at vndb for more though.

Yeah my favorite vn's are those with good gameplay since as much as i like good stories if I want to play a game I want something more than text and pictures otherwise I would just read fanfiction and let my imagination do the rest. Speaking of vn's with gameplay I may be wrong but didn't a new game come out from manga gamer with a card battle system. When will it appear available to download? I think I saw it on a previous update list.

Yeah my favorite vn's are those with good gameplay since as much as i like good stories if I want to play a game I want something more than text and pictures otherwise I would just read fanfiction and let my imagination do the rest. Speaking of vn's with gameplay I may be wrong but didn't a new game come out from manga gamer with a card battle system. When will it appear available to download? I think I saw it on a previous update list.

are you talking about princess waltz..that had a card battle system

you may refer to this??

Brave Soul has party rpg battle system it's old school though this one offers variety of dungeons and quest and you will get H scene too.

Princess Waltz has that sort card battle system the story are pretty interesting not to mention cat battle!! (H game)

Pretty Soldier ad 2048 is a turn based rpg if you like tentacle whis one might be your fancy and there is wide variety of girls to conquer from mele fighter to sniper, from the soldier who fought on the front line to your communication officer.

lightning warrior raidy is rpg ( you lvlup as you encounter enemies ) thats monster will show up in cutie girl form and wide variety of them from wraith, ghost, Minotaur even to succubus and harras them sexually if you won the battle.

gadget trial is turn based rpg (no h scene) but if you want something that basically time wasting this one is worth taking, the battle will take long to finish like 2-3 hours especially on first play.

piece of wonder, this one like gadget trial, this one is turn based rpg too, this one pretty hard since you cant drag the battle out for too long there will be variety girls to conquer too but no H scene.

eien no aselia another turn based vn, good storyline, and there is plenty girl to conquer, can be considered time wasting coz the battle will take long to finish especially on the first play, and try to beat it not in just hard difficulty but super hard too.

if you interested in suspense VN:

yo jin bo will come to your fancy in this title you will act as a feudal princess fleeing from your castle you will have samurai, soldier, ninja chasing after you, and you can only rellies on your yo jin bo (bodyguard) to stay alive, and maybe getting one happily ever after ending yourself, its not have battle system but your choice will affect your survival rate.

chain (you will act as a private detective investigating a case) you will go to place no one dare to set foot into, encounter allies and enemies in the way, and uncover hidden secret and foul plot.

soul link (sci fi based vn which takes place on outer space) you will act as a student at outer space academy on faraway military satellite one day bad things happen as the thing unfold will you survive with your life and your loved one or sacrificing yourself in the way i dunno it's up to you.

i dunno bout rance or else since i never play them before, but i'll have them line up

Edited by Virsia

If you want to put gameplay first and are interested in dabbling in some old school eroge, like, REALLY old school there's always Mad-Paradox and Knights of Xentar / Dragon Knight III.

Up for a vertical shooter that plays like a slightly erotic version of Fantastic Night Dreams Cotton? Then how about the often forgotten Magic Polalamin? Of course there's also Sentimental Shooting.

If you want to put gameplay first and are interested in dabbling in some old school eroge, like, REALLY old school there's always Mad-Paradox and Knights of Xentar / Dragon Knight III.

Up for a vertical shooter that plays like a slightly erotic version of Fantastic Night Dreams Cotton? Then how about the often forgotten Magic Polalamin? Of course there's also Sentimental Shooting.

Mad Paradox. Now there's a game I haven't heard of in a while. Stupid scan lines, I never did finish that.

Mad Paradox. Now there's a game I haven't heard of in a while. Stupid scan lines, I never did finish that.

I never completed it myself but I did get pretty far a couple years ago. The trick was not to play ANYTHING else at the same time as to better adjust to the screwy resolution.

• 4 weeks later...