My GF is the President (Compatibility Issues)

Yesterday I've switched from win7 to windows 8 :)

Of course the first thing i did was test run my 30+ eroge collection

ALL of them worked just fine, no issues

ALL of them but ONE: My girlfriend is the president (JAST version)

whenever I attempt to run the exe i'm greeted with this error message: "Authentication failed, unrecognized kernel32 module/NM"

Man, just another reason for Jast to suck, win8 can run even Chaos;head, but not this one?

anyways, just a word of warning for fellow win8 users.

cheers.

It's not really JAST's fault to begin with. Even if they wanted to make it playable on Win8 (which is doubtful), they couldn't because Win8 was still in development. The game was released (untranslated) in 2009, you can't be certain that it will work in some OS that gets released 4-5 years later.

Edited by killerinsidee
It's not really JAST's fault to begin with. Even if they wanted to make it playable on Win8 (which is doubtful), they couldn't because Win8 was still in development. The game was released (untranslated) in 2009, you can't be certain that it will work in some OS that gets released 4-5 years later.

Yeah, sorry. I was on edge and i guess i just wanted someone to place the blame on..

In fact it seems that the interpreter engine that runs Presi is 32 bit oriented. Something about the full 64bit and not "hybrid" 64bit back in win7 made it incompatible with win8

I'm not sure if other eroges are affected by this but so far i've found none other.

Yesterday I've switched from win7 to windows 8 :)

whenever I attempt to run the exe i'm greeted with this error message: "Authentication failed, unrecognized kernel32 module/NM"

Used Win8 until a few weeks ago too. Ok, I never tried this game, but I got a DirectDraw error when I wanted to start Duel Savior. Anyway, did you try to install the game in compatibility mode already?

Used Win8 until a few weeks ago too. Ok, I never tried this game, but I got a DirectDraw error when I wanted to start Duel Savior. Anyway, did you try to install the game in compatibility mode already?

I was just gonna advise this, can't you try out to use the compatibility mode first?

Personally i dislike windows 8 and i hope it fails misaribly. It seems like the whole metro interface works great on tablets and such but it's an utter fail to use that interface on destkop systems.

I want my start bar goddamit. + i don't want to get flooded with advertising on the metro app screen when i start up my pc.

thanks for the input guys, and it's good to know you have such admirable thoughts about win8

sadly for you, it will be the standard soon. If people like it or not, MS don't give a flying blip.

I'm fine with sticking to 7 (which is supported, will continue to be for some time, and doesn't have 8's retarded stuff) so why would it be a problem for me?

good for you, kind sir.

I happen to love win8 so far and i have no issues running anything else.

curse it all you want, if it makes you feel better. And don't worry I managed to run the game, anyway :D

You don't say :D I was also very satisfied with Win8, but there are some things I have to criticize. First, you can't delete some unimportant folders in the windows directory that easily, because you need the rights from the "SYSTEM". Nevermind that, I deleted them using Unlocker. The next thing, it spams your hard drive if you have some apps installed. I mean, they DON'T OVERWRITE, they save both versions, the old and the new one. And to delete these folders from the old version, you sometimes need the rights mentioned above :)

But that's all I really have to criticize about it. I really liked the compatibility with older games (2003 and older), because I never got them to run on Win7 ... but they worked on Win8.

Maybe I'll install it in a few months when it's more "finished".

How did you get the game to work with windows 8?

Did you try to install it in compatibility mode already?

I did and i keep getting the "authentication failed unrecognized kernel32 module. / nm" message.

Probably related to your 64-bit OS or ATi tray tools.

Check if ATi tray tools running. Sometime, the game wont run on 64-bit OS.

-Try to rename to installation files. Don't unmount it, try to extract the ISOs, (if you have it.)

-Extract it inside C (Example : C:/My Girlfriend is president)

Make sure you set it in Jap locale.

Edited by Shadyren