do you think it would be a good thing if eroge was popular in the west

do you want eroge to be popular in the west  

70 members have voted

1. 1. do you want eroge to be popular in the west

• I think it should stay the way it is
    • I would like for it to expand a little bit more in the west
    • I would like it if eroge was popular in the west despite the risk

I'm sure many of you have often thought it would be fantastic if eroge was popular in the west because of the obvious

reason that there would be a LOT more eroge translated into English not to mention the quality of eroge would go drastically up because the Japanese eroge industry would be earning a hell of a lot more money because of the west buying eroge. Now these are only the benefits of it being popular in the west. But the cons far outway the pros.

if eroge were to become popular in the west it could ruin the entire eroge industry that's right it could be completely ruined not just for the west but also for Japan why because of a few reasons the main one being feminist groups that's right feminist groups I'm sure some of you saw that coming. the feminist groups would do every thing in there power to get it baned why because of the rape scenes that are in some eroge and not to mention the underage looking characters there is no doubt in my mind that they would try and ban it and they would probably succeed sadly enough. Actually I'm pretty sure awhile back some feminist groups have already tried in the past to ban eroge in japan and almost succeeded i remeber reading about it in some forum. so just imagine if eroge were populer in the west the feminist would try 100x harder if not more to get it baned .

so what are your thoughts do you want it to be popular or do want it to stay hidden in the shadows of the Internet and is it worth the risk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not just the west..eroge is unpopular(or rather, unknown) even in south east asia(where i live).

and yea, it'd be a good thing. If some religious or feminist community has problems with it, they can simply ban the ones that show rape scenes. Visual novels are like books, do you ban all books just because one book offended you?

Rapeplay incident. It might happen.

It would really happen. And come to think about it,west tolerates mass murders of people( lot without real reason), drugs, tortures and violence in games, but cannot tolerate one or few rape in one visual novel.

but cannot tolerate one or few rape in one visual novel.

dude they dont have time for this really

ask the japanese companies about this

if it was sold alot outer japan

we will say good bye to all the consored shit believe me

and guess what if they will ban vn they will ban almost every game on ps3 :)

@Just Playing

How long have you played eroge?

I've to ask cuz you sounds like a total noob.

I think they will have time for this.

why do they send C&D notice

it will be in all-ages.

Ever wonder why MG Ef the first tale "uncensored" CGs looks like that?

18+ VN is a PC exclusive. And I'm sure almost every game on PS3 doesn't show a guy ramming his swollen penis on a woman ass explicitly.

tnk4y.jpg

Edited by iLoveTsundere
ok hentai is aired outer japan uncensored with english dub on tv @@

why vn will be any different ?

Whoa, they do??? And I wish eroge stay unpopular but we get more translators anyway ;)

Like, a shit ton of eroge translators just magically appear out of nowhere and for no reason and start translating... like baldr sky or muramasa.... when will there ever be some progress on baldr sky..

I think some more popularity should certainly help, since there will be more translators going to show up = more translated games

Still I also think that most of the opinions too, as getting popularity came with bad effects such as censorship, copyright stuffs or even public condemination! (much like Rapeplay game)

there is no need to ban the rape or the sex and tentacl hard core just make it + 18 or +28 lol

are you f'cking crazy dude? NOOO! ಠ_ಠ

Whoa, they do??? And I wish eroge stay unpopular but we get more translators anyway ;)

Like, a shit ton of eroge translators just magically appear out of nowhere and for no reason and start translating... like baldr sky or muramasa.... when will there ever be some progress on baldr sky..

well how bout if there were other companies that were created (just a few like 1-3 more) like MangaGamer and Jast or would the feminists still be a bitchin?

Na, it's fine the way it is, western mainstream audiences (and ESPECIALLY American mainstream audiences) will never accept eroge, and to me that's a good thing.

as an american i find this somewhat insulting (jk though :p) yet true.... meh

as an american i find this somewhat insulting (jk though :p) yet true.... meh

Well i said that because you guys seem kinda "puritan" to everything related with sex. Personally we europeans are more relaxed about sexual matters but i still don't see a huge market for eroge over here aswell though.

Well i said that because you guys seem kinda "puritan" to everything related with sex. Personally we europeans are more relaxed about sexual matters but i still don't see a huge market for eroge over here aswell though.

you more relaxed of there ay? thats it, im movin to europe now ;)

what he means is that in general american views over something like eroges are somewhat more conservative than general europe , and its true , im speaking from experience as i am european and ive lived in america for almost 4 years. still something as eroges would be frowned at over here , but they would be much better tolerated than america. in short europe would be "NOT SURE IF DECENT..." but they would let it slip it under the radar.