favorite visual novel quote

quotes from fate hollow and comyu, two visual novels i have finished

[spoiler=comyu]

There is no right or wrong with punishment. Self-reproach is just a excuse. Atonement is just self-satisfaction. Legal punishments are just a tool kingdoms use to rule. Clinging to them is meaningless. She needed revenge, for her own sake. Not anyone else's. I told her to kill so that she could live again.

Let me give you one warning. If you're going to handle this rationally, make sure you stay rational to the end.

A tremendous power is like a stone in water. Even if its not doing anything, its very existence gets in the way.

[spoiler=fate hollow ataraxia]

Life itself is not painful. It's just you who's holding your breath.

Endless days of thinking who to hate. The boundless hatred, however, was unable to decisively pick out anyone. That is the fate of the artificially formulated malice. Unable to become the demon they had hoped for, it reflects the image of humans like a mirror. "All the evil in the world," what a joke. That's just another name for humanity. Look at the mirror you've created. All of our sins are fabricated by people. Rejoice, child. You can reproduce all evil. I wasn't afraid of the maliciousness, I continued to fear the weakness of myself who exalted that maliciousness. Feel joy in throwing rocks. Make numb the feelings, paralyze morality and become something ugly.

In this cruel world..

We cannot live without hate. We will remain uncured for all of eternity. Looking into ourselves, we see a herd of repulsive carnivored. Our teeth bite and shred anything that comes in. As if no different from a tank of monsters. IF anybody looked into the depths of themselves, they would vomit at the filthiness of living.

And yet..there are beautiful things in this world. In this nothingness...To me, it was dazzling. What a misunderstanding. A self-righteous utopia. Ugly things are ugly. The only beings who manage to find beauty in them are humans. And even that is washed away in the blink of an eye. But--I'm fine with it. Radiance only lasts a moment and that is fine. In the midst of this eternally existing evil... No matter if it is a lie, if you can embrace this emotion, the light will surely be with you. Since antiquity, stars have been thought of as the guardians of people. You reach out your hand and continue to gaze at that eternally elusive moment--- That's why, at the very least... While i'm still human, I'd like to do something human.

I didn't leave anything. In this false nothingness in which i could save nobody, somehow, i wish for a hint of meaning.

Because its beautiful.

...That's right. You are correct, Emiya Shirou.

Even if my eyes were seared by the sinfulness of that misrecognition and sentimentality... I,too, wanted to yearn like you do for those things you felt were beautiful.

She could not save anything.

A witch's role is only to cripple humans. Even if she could cure people and animate the dead, genuinely saving a person was simply not possible.

...Perhaps it was because she hadn't really tried to save anything up until now. She had not known of that rule until this very moment.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Clannad Kotomi route]((Not really a quote, more like an entire scene. Reason why it's a bit special is because ultimately this is quite a simple scene, yet it's also very powerful at same time when you take into account everything that happened before it. Or it was for powerful me anyway.))

http://i.imgur.com/uoxtWSk.jpg

It was midnight.

The sticky darkness of May.

The loud noise of the insects.

The smell of the evening dew in the grass.

I was digging into the ground to replace the flower bed there.

There wasn't any light. I'm just relying on the shining star.

I thrust the shovel into the ground and put my weight on it.

It felt like I was digging up a corpse.

What's buried underneath surely must be my memories of when I was a child.

I wipe my sweat and glance upwards.

The house towered above, as if it were leaning over.

The window that looks like a mirror reflected a pure black.

I wonder if Kotomi is sleeping?

I wonder if she could sleep?

I wonder if she's not having any bad dreams?

I didn't get an answer. I just stare at the darkness and start digging again.

Dig, dig... dig... dig...

The uneasiness that was hiding during daytime is creeping at the soles of my shoes.

The time when I understood that what I'm doing is futile...

The time when I believe nothing will happen...

I wonder what I should do?

Can I endure this?

I don't know either.

The darkness whispers to me.

You can't go back.

You can't return something that has been broken to its original state.

Someone who has passed away won't come back anymore.

If you want to stop, now is the right time.

You can't help other people.

Only time can solve this.

Only time...

http://i.imgur.com/scRjTuN.jpg

• 10 months later...

from maji koi -

Turning my back on a lit-up town, the path I shall follow is an endless wasteland. There are no miracles or signs. Only the night extends before me. I feed on the unwavering spirit and forge my way through the dark journey.

Push forward.

• 1 year later...