Visual Novels Translation Status [11/04/2012]

I'm sure there are at least a couple projects that are machine translated

And one of them being Aaeru project.

and you wouldn't even know the difference unless you were fluent in Japanese AND had played the originals to compare with.

Oh, so YOU don't know the difference between MT and a proper translation made by someone who can actually read japanese. I see.

Well, I guess that can't be helped since since you're dumb and everyone else is smarter than you. And I'm not trying to insult you btw, I'm merely stating the truth.

Anyway, do give an example for such VNs since you're so sure of it. (VN that was translated using MT but the readers doesn't realize it.) Can you?

Most of us are happy enough to play a game that we would otherwise never get to, whether it was done by a fluently bilingual person or not.

Desperate people is desperate. Doesn't matter whether the english text failed to convey the same meaning (or at least 90%) as the original text. As long as it's in English, they'll gladly read it.

Being able to translate via machine translation also shows you have really good comprehension skills,

Oh, an empty consoling words. Feel better now? :rolleyes:

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerard, is there some reason you continue to treat me as if I killed your puppy, or did it just somehow end up getting its head stuck up your ass?

You can, in fact, convey the same meanings as the original game using machine translators, you're obviously just too fucking dumb to do it yourself and feel the need to shit on anyone who can. I'm going to go ahead and ignore your pathetic inferiority issues now.

it is possible (and very probable) that a machine translated VN will be much worse than a non-translated one because the translation is crap.

I wouldn't know, I can't read non-translated novels (I know what you meant, just joking). If I can understand the basics of the story it's enough for me. I am yet to encounter what was suggested by Ixrec.

people should look forward for proper translations..

i mean..these people were doing it all for our sake..

they burn their time and passion just to get everything proper...

Of course we do. Huge props to the guys like Hecrapan and alike, I will always look forward to a proper translation much more than a MT one. As it was pointed out above MT support is just an act of desperation, nothing more. It's by no means meant to be a slap in the face of those who are actually doing the job properly.

Besides, spending a minute or two trying to decode just what the hell the character said in one dialogue line with "only" 50K to go gives me something to do while waiting for a proper translation. :p

Gerard, is there some reason you continue to treat me as if I killed your puppy, or did it just somehow end up getting its head stuck up your ass?

You can, in fact, convey the same meanings as the original game using machine translators, you're obviously just too fucking dumb to do it yourself and feel the need to shit on anyone who can. I'm going to go ahead and ignore your pathetic inferiority issues now.

well said by a NOOB >>>

if you can convey the exact meaning with machine translations..

not to mentioned proper direct translations....

then why in the world does GREAT people like IXREC bothers to translate VNs properly??

GTLW..Desi...link him what does the GOD says bout Machine Translations~~

My birthday is may 27, im hoping the present will be a finished majikoi translation, I dont want to get greedy but it would be awesome if majikoi s is fully translated also, i can then just disappear for a few days.

I made the mistake of playing majikoi with walk through because they only translated one heroine at a time, while it got me where i wanted it is fun to go through and choose yourself and see who you would have wound up with, or what bad ending or common ending you get.

I cant wait much longer for miyakos route. Also does anyone know how many side routes there are in the game. I have only done the routes of the main heroines who have been translated so far, didnt do the teacher or nurse side patch that was out with an earlier release.

Finally i havent played any of the after stories, not sure why i havent yet but i guess i prefer the chase, how are they if anyone minds telling me, preferably without spoilers.

Gerard, is there some reason you continue to treat me as if I killed your puppy,

You murderer! I shall have my revenge! (I don't have a dog btw...) :|

or did it just somehow end up getting its head stuck up your ass?

I believe it stuck up your ass.

You can, in fact, convey the same meanings as the original game using machine translators,

Oh, like this? I see.

:rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/Vha1t.jpg

you're obviously just too fucking dumb to do it yourself

Implying that you're smarter because you've done it. Have you ever done it? lol

and feel the need to shit on anyone who can.

I don't need too. ; ) The machine translation quality speak for itself.

I'm going to go ahead and ignore your pathetic inferiority issues now.

It's not my fault that I'm superior than you. Also, take your Aaeru update along with you when you go.

I'm sure there are at least a couple projects that are machine translated and you wouldn't even know the difference unless you were fluent in Japanese AND had played the originals to compare with.

Anyway, do give an example for such VNs since you're so sure of it. (VN that was translated using MT but the readers doesn't realize it.) Can you?

Well, looks like he can't after all. Heh. :p

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Everybody is being Bakabaka today.

If that person releases the Da capo III patch I will play it because I loved Da capo II.(Shit taste, Whatever).

If its not,I will wait for mangagamers.They will release the game. Someday. I'm sure. Maybe.

its not because DC3 is shit >.>

i actually look forward for suginami..

its just to the point you cant read it~

So let me try to sum it up.

1. A guy tries to do a harmless update on Aaeru's horrid translation.

2. Ulti with his engrish as bad as ever looks down on him for reasons I don't know why.

3. Both get butthurt

4. Ivan provides some good reasons on why Aaeru's is a quack.

Am I missing anything?

There, I fix it for you. Also, you should read that guy VNs review if you haven't done it already. It's hardcore stuff.
I try not to be bias the guy just made a progress report on a horrid translation.

yeah..

you miss out the fact that this is the forum's official VN updates thread..

so only "official" and acceptable updates only meant to be posted here~~

MT translation or not you realize that there are people who read MT and you could have just

Nope, you summed the thread up perfectly.

Also, weren't there talks of DCIII being all ages if translated by MG?

That wasP more then a year ago.
My last post makes me wonder how many people wait till a game is fully translated to play, or do you just jump in as soon as a route is done, then patiently wait for the next route.

Well based on the numbers of Sora patches we have sent i'd say that at least half the people play a route and patiently wait for the next route.

YnS is an exception imo though, the VN is famous for Sora's route and if you've been paying attention to the forums here, some of the people think Sora's route is the only one worth it (even though they probably never played the other ones).

Not to mention that you can't really compare it to the number of people who wait because they just stay quiet so you can't really know how many there are lol