Visual Novels Translation Status [11/11/12]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me speculate a bit. Next VN is this.

Skarlath

August 12th, 2012 - 00:21

I seem to remember you saying that since Coμ scored higher than RuiTomo, you won’t consider RuiTomo a translation candidate anymore.

Guess that doesn’t stand anymore?

Ixrec

August 12th, 2012 - 05:25

Nah, that still stands. RuiTomo does qualify for translation in that it’s an 8, but there is no reason to actually do it because Comyu is better in every way. Likewise Omega no Shikai is extremely unlikely to happen because that’s the only VN I’ve read which actually might be untranslateable (in that much of it is deliberately incomprehensible).

Just because it qualifies for translation doesn’t mean I have any plans to actually translate it in the near future.

Doesn't look like that.

Thank god to, i hate trap protags.

It depends. Crossdressing protagonits can be awesome especially if they visit a girls only school. Doesnt mangagamer translate one of those games? If yes then I'm definitely in for it. But trap heroines are not my cup of tea.

I read the partial patches released for Shield 9, the game in wich the protagonist dresses up as a girl to act as a bodyguard in an all girls school and it was pretty good in my opnion.

Last patch was 11 months ago and no updates in the page since august. Has the project been dropped?

As to the next project that Ixrec will be doing, it might be Dra+Koi.

Here's a quote from him:

"Dra+Koi I have been very interested in doing for a long time, it's just that Moogy got to it first. Since then it's become clear that he doesn't intend to release anything, so I planned to go talk to him about it and figure out how to resolve the situation and get a translation released. For whatever reason, every time I wanted to do this some other political crisis of greater urgency came up (e.g. the MuvLuv licensing fiasco, various real life issues of the past year), and thus I've failed to make any attempt to make progress on that. The only thing I can really say at this point is that I still want to work something out for it, and it's likely there will be no pressing issues stopping me from doing so come fall quarter of this year (i.e. September). So hope and pray nothing gets in the way of it again."

But who knows, I'm really hoping that it would be the next project,also it's very short so there's that.

RuiTomo looks really interesting, I'm really hoping that it would be the next project.Mainly curious how would the route for this one would go http://vndb.org/c2176 considering her curse.It doesn't show if there is any H-scenes like the others after all, but I'm guessing it doesn't always show.

Edited by oliavito
Last patch was 11 months ago and no updates in the page since august. Has the project been dropped?

The site itself says the project was stalled in the first news, not to mention that the site hasn't had any updates in a long time as far as I recall so yeah, I think it's been dropped, wich is a shame.

Next translation candidate of Ixrec is pretty much anything he rated higher than an 8... again, it would just be premature speculation at this point............ PARFAIT.

The site itself says the project was stalled in the first news, not to mention that the site hasn't had any updates in a long time as far as I recall so yeah, I think it's been dropped, wich is a shame.

I was hoping they would at least finish the green-haired chicks route. Doesn't look like that's possible now.

Next translation candidate of Ixrec is pretty much anything he rated higher than an 8... again, it would just be premature speculation at this point............ PARFAIT.

I was hoping they would at least finish the green-haired chicks route. Doesn't look like that's possible now.

hmmmm...no changes here

but i sincerely wants everything >.>

Same, though I wanted the purple haired chick more.Marina, the next one that woulda been translated was the worst out of the 5 in my opnion.

The purple haired chick has a great twist within her, so it made me really curious about the story of her route.

VNDB says that Parfait has been picked by amaterasu translations. Also, Shirotsume Souwa -Episode of the Clovers- is still stalled.

VNDB says that Parfait has been picked by amaterasu translations.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a side project for them.. Futsuu is supposed to be the primary translator after he's finished with Baldr Sky, but with Baldr Sky taking a bit longer, there is a possibility for Ixrec to pick it up. We'll know after Rewrite is done.

Also, Shirotsume Souwa -Episode of the Clovers- is still stalled.

This is another side project. Ixrec isn't the primary translator here.

Pretty cool about MG picking up Tick! Tack!

I just started playing Shuffle so it's good news to know I won't have to wait too long before playing its first sequel. I was still kinda wishing it'd be DC3 but I really don't think they're ever going to pick that up.

A while ago there was an "Anniversary Campaign" on http://www.dlsite.com and they asked to vote on visual novels (which are available on that site) - http://www.dlsite.com/eng/campaign/anniversary1. The VN that gets the most votes would get translated to English and will be available for sale (translated). For some reason this got the most votes - Kodoku ni Kiku Yuri.

There's no way people voted for this yuri doujin VN instead of some better VNs on that site. Also, they would have voted for http://www.dlsite.com/eng/work/=/product_id/RE067899.html instead. Either they couldn't get the permission to translate some better stuff or they were just too lazy.

Edited by killerinsidee
After investigating the depths of hell of 4chan, killerinsidee and I found some good info for those people waiting on the Baldr Sky translation

http://images.4chan.org/lit/src/1352559359456.jpg

Thread here. More evidence here and here.

TL;DR - Baldr Sky is proceeding and isn't stalled. Rain route is very close to being done in the revising stage.

OMG! looks like you you dont have to kill anyone's dreams now Desi lol

I was actually going to mention that.

Following Doki subs now the Commie Subs are working on another VN translation project. Are those groups finally seeing how awesome VNs can be compared to animes and the potential they have? I think that it may be somehow related. Then again, maybe this is just too much speculation that I'm making.

Well, I'm sure the future will tell us.

hopefully more sub groups start following their lead soon

Pretty cool about MG picking up Tick! Tack!

I just started playing Shuffle so it's good news to know I won't have to wait too long before playing its first sequel. I was still kinda wishing it'd be DC3 but I really don't think they're ever going to pick that up.

it can still get picked up :/