Metal Gear Solid Series

Which was your favorite Metal Gear Solid game  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your favorite Metal Gear Solid game

• Metal Gear Solid 1
    • Metal Gear Solid 2
    • Metal Gear Solid 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 4

I was looking in the game lobby and realized that there is not a thread for the metal gear solid (MGS) series. This simply cannot continue so here it is for MGS fans everywhere to discuss.:) The poll only has the 4 main titles for the MGS series but all metal gear titles are fair game to discuss.

My favorite title in the MGS series was MGS3.

This is because, BIG SPOILER HERE FOR MGS 3,

The boss was an amazingly in depth character who sacrificed everything for her country. She showed everyone what sacrificing for a greater cause is all about and was a very strong woman that even Volgin could not help being intimidated by her a bit, watch the torture scene again because he backs up fast when the Boss gets in his face. She also managed to be an important figure without having to resort to skinship, thinking EVA here, and even though she was strong she was still very much a woman as well.

Edited by someguy withaname

I've only played 1 and 4 so far, but I recently bought 2, 3, and peacewalker. My favorite so far is Metal Gear Solid 1. I think my favorite is definitely going to be Metal Gear Solid 3.. we shall see. But i've definitely enjoyed all the MGS titles I've played so far. Also, Meryl = Classic tsundere +1

3, definitely (subsistence edition to be precise).

Excellent story, several improvements (3D free camera mainly), and nothing unnerving like in the previous title (although that one has I NEED SCISSORS! 61!)

Also SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTEEEEEEERRRRRRRR-

(you should check the mgs3 comic dubs in youtube if you haven't yet).

Loved MGS 4 the most because I think it changed the way people look at games as well as have an epic conclusion to the masterpiece of a series. Loved the music in 4, the fights, ALL OF THE CUTSCENES ALL OF THEM!!!!!, basically everything about it one of my favorite video games of all time by far.

Though I will say I believe 1-4 are all amazing games which is one reason the series is very popular.

Dont get me started on Metal Gear Solid in shoutbox , i'll be there all bloody day talking about it.

MGS4 definately , Kojima outdid himself on all others with it. Like battler said its a masterpiece. All other MGS games are awesome as well (except 2 , i disliked it because of Raiden) , but yeah there you go MGS4 as my favorite.

LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!!!!!!!!!! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!

[spoiler=MGS4]

^best fighting cinematic in any game hands down.

Edited by iLoveTsundere

Didnt like 2 because of Raiden , Kojima only brought him as main character in MGS2 due to pressure from female fans who wanted a younger and bishounen main character on metal gear rather than Solid Snake and kojima caved in. So no , i still think #2 is the weakest of them all because of it , and his story isnt even that interesting for me either. I agree with Otacon's and Emma's story though.

(you should check the mgs3 comic dubs in youtube if you haven't yet).

checking those out now. Did not even know about them until you mentioned them here. lol

Did anyone else feel like Otacon got the short end of the stick throughout the series?

Potential spoilers for MGS 1, 2, and 4

Everytime he falls for a woman or vice versa she dies! Naomi, Emma, Sniper wolf, this guy really has some bad luck with women.

Edited by someguy withaname
  • 2 weeks later...