What is the saddest anime you have watched?

Wait, what? Seriously? This two anime make you guys feel sad? :eek:

Come on, this isn't that sad. Sure, its a bit gloom but it wasn't to the point of making you feel really sad. KGNE one of the saddest anime, are you kidding me? Unless you guys can shed a tears at the slightest melancholic dorama moment, this doesn't even make any sense. Most of the titles in this thread.... -.-" *sighed*

Well, I remember only a sad feeling from it but it was one of the first I saw so maybe I should watch again to check that. By the way you forgot to give your recommandation, Gerard. People can only talk about what they have seen, so why don't give us some since you seem to have experience in that field?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I remember only a sad feeling from it but it was one of the first I saw so maybe I should watch again to check that.

Yeah, you can do that. I don't really feel sad when I watched it. The anime isn't utsuge enough.

By the way you forgot to give your recommandation, Gerard.

No I don't. If anything, this guy did. Oh and, this isn't a recommendation thread by the way.

People can only talk about what they have seen,

True, in some occasion people shouldn't talk about thing that they never watch.

so why don't give us some since you seem to have experience in that field?

I already gave mine. (Link for people who is too lazy to check the first page of this thread.) *sighed* -.-" Ah, I never claim that I've experience, but still, thanks for the flattering anyway.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Oh yeah Code Geass ending made me cry the first three times I watched it, which is impressive...well for the third name it was a forced tear but yeah..

Also

WOW NEED TO TYPE THIS OR IF YOU GO ON SOMEONE'S PROFILE YOU WILL READ MY SPOILER WHY WOULD IT NOT JUST HIDE THE SPOILER I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion

[spoiler=Evangelion Series] Pretty sure everyone in the world turning into LCL and living in magicial dream land where no one can hurt each other isnt very uplifting to me. I understand that Shinji does learn while he goes through human instrumentality but that is like someone blowing up Earth so that no one can hurt each other anymore. (Though in Evangelion their is a much bigger threat to their society and they still have part of the conscious.)

[spoiler=End of Evangelion] Everyone in the world turning into LCL again besides Shinji who chooses to only keep himself and Asuka alive isn't super sad since that is the world he wanted. Misato dying was really sad. Also when we find out about Gendo and Ritsuko pretty sad ESP when Magi the system she created didnt let her self destruct.

But to each their own I suppose. I

I wont comment on the ending of the TV series since that is what I remember the least and all I can comment on is that I liked and then I ended up disliking it a lot.

and for the End of Evangelion

As far as I understand Shinji also turned into LCL, and as far as I know Shinji didn't decide to keep Asuka alive I believe it was Rei that said it when Shinji decided that he didn't want the instrumentality and wanted the real word back, she said that everyone could eventually come back if they could obtain a sense of self or something like that, Asuka was simply one to return back the fastest..maybe because both of them had so many problems they could more easily separate themselves from others?

Oh and talking about the whole wanting the real world back made me think of Saya, and I got to say that imo Shinji is 20 times stronger as a person than Fujimura or w/e his name was

Edited by Stàr

So ignoring the idiot blurting shit about others when he doesn't know them (not you wolf)

The saddest animes I've ever watcher are Angel Beats!, School Days (fuck you all, it is sad somehow!), Clannad After Story and.. Nothing else i guess.

I cried watching K-ON!! but that doesn't count as sad anime, nope

Also wolf, cool nickname he gave ya :D

I know that several have made me emotionally upset (anger mostly) Lets see if I can remember the ones that made me sad.

Elfen Leid

Negima! (before I read the manga and one of the first animes I ever watched)

Hmm, those are the only ones I remembered, it takes the literal and pointless death of a character I love to make me sad.

For VNs however, Fate/stay night (Fate route) and Clannad (Fuuko's route) both made me outright cry.

Edited by warrof
(fuck you all, it is sad somehow!)

As he said, there's no point in arguing about opinions, so don't start by calling people

guy can shed a tears at the slightest melancholic dorama moment.

That's exactly what I call

Resorting to personal insult, how amusing.

and

make fun of other people opinion if you can't accept others opinion? :confused:
As he said, there's no point in arguing about opinions, so don't start by calling people

Calling what exactly? Why don't you qoute the whole post?

I am merely expressing my disbelief upon seeing most of the titles in here.

Nope. I didn't say anyone name so it doesn't count as personal. It is a general remarks.

You however, did the thing by changing my username.

and

This is the path that you shouldn't go. Do you really wanna play this way? Fine.

You shouldn't be preaching me about that last quote. You can't accept my opinion that KMNE wasn't sad enough to be here, okay. Yet, what is this?

Evangelion and Code Geass ??? Next is Naruto LOL?

Explain it. Are you trying to tell me that you're the only one who can express your disbelief upon seeing most of the title in here?

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

I also MUST apologize for derailing this thread but I really dont like to see someone bashing other opinions rather than making an argument. We arent kids that call each other dumb and just walk off. Just talk with people and try to build a community. I am sure everyone here didnt join this forum to bash people's opinions. Though my idea might seem very naive, I dont see a reason why people should act like children.

and

I am very annoyed since I am one of the people who's opinions you bashed and I

And I understand that knowing how people like you are normally you will not apologize or listen to any argument. How about you dont be a jerk and bash other people's opinions instead rather state WHY you dont find EVA sad for example. Did you actually look at other people's posts why they found Code Geass sad or rather why I found EVA sad?

My face when you are being a jerk :o MINDBLOWN.GIF here

Edited by battlerrules
Apologize

On Angel Beats!, I felt that it could have been done so much better if they didn't have the massive throwaway character w/ the "shadows" and shit, screwing Kanade's character in the last episode (STOP FUCKING HUMMING) and some other stuff that ruined its general mood. The music was good, the character designs were good, but the story was eeeeeeeh.

I haven't watched any of KyoAni's hard-hitters (Clannad, Air, Kanon) yet, but one of the more sad anime I've seen was Chobits.

Same here pretty much. Well... I've barely watched any anime whatsoever, so yea, Chobits is probably the saddest one I've seen so far.

Yeah, I feel really proud. (x

Btw Otame, nice sig you got there. d(-_-)

Thanks

LOL you even changed my name when quoting me.. You are like a Chihuahua, the bark a lot, but anyone can easily kick them, so I guess I should just ignore you.. Gerard, don't feed the troll/flamer, he's just.. Not worth it

Now in the topic, I agree with you chexguy, all those shadow shit.. The story was well made though, it had a good start and ending, but something was missing.. The stories of every other member of the squad.. I believe Angel Beats would ahd make a good 26 ep anime

MAJI-DE??

did you even watched the whole series??

if so..on the last episode of 2nd rebellion...

thats all enough for you to shed a tear

as long you have emotions///

the last episode was about the end of britania right ?

where Lelouch 'fell' from his throne

i like to say that i was amazed by him and that moment was the climax

the only sad thing i found was that the anime has come to the end,

the last episode was about the end of britania right ?

where Lelouch 'fell' from his throne

i like to say that i was amazed by him and that moment was the climax

the only sad thing i found was that the anime has come to the end,

[spoiler=CG]More like he was "pierced" by Suzaku.

Though with all that was said, I agree with the 3rd line. It amazed me how twisted and radical his solution is, to the point that I was in awe. But yeah, the ending doesn't make me sad either.

However, that ending might have a different effect on other people, especially since it's the "death" of a MC in the series.

Though personally, I don't think he died. (I might get flame for this last part.)

[spoiler=CG]More like he was "pierced" by Suzaku.

Though with all that was said, I agree with the 3rd line. It amazed me how twisted and radical his solution is, to the point that I was in awe. But yeah, the ending doesn't make me sad either.

However, that ending might have a different effect on other people, especially since it's the "death" of a MC in the series.

Though personally, I don't think he died. (I might get flame for this last part.)

i just dont want to give any spoiler.

someone might come to this forum to find some good animes.

Yeah, you're right. The death of a MC usually lead to a burst of sad emotions

but.. ugh it hard to explain it

code geass ? really?

i didnt find anything in it that would make me feel sad

well its my opinion so i'll just leave it at that :eek:

Evangelion and Code Geass ??? Next is Naruto LOL?

its not worth starting something over the internet so ill just say one thing

fuck you :p

HMMM...glad to see someone have some sense...thats all enough for you to shed a tear as long you have emotions///

Ultimecea agrees with me? O.o seeing what certain characters go through in that show was sad to see - my opinion

I might get flame for this last part.

i agree with the last part,

i dont believe a word the creator or who ever said he died at the end

Yeah, you're right.

The death of a MC usually lead to a burst of sad emotions

hmm...

I understand. Well, I use spoiler tag whenever I discuss spoiler related stuff. That is the least I can do. I can't do anything if someone come here, deliberately opened the spoiler tag, and then got spoiled though.

Yeah, you're right.

The death of a MC usually lead to a burst of sad emotions

but.. ugh it hard to explain it

Haha...yeah, it varies with some people.

So ignoring the idiot blurting shit about others when he doesn't know them (not you wolf)

The saddest animes I've ever watcher are Angel Beats!, School Days (fuck you all, it is sad somehow!), Clannad After Story and.. Nothing else i guess.

I cried watching K-ON!! but that doesn't count as sad anime, nope

Also wolf, cool nickname he gave ya :D

hey..

K-on 2nd season ending is sad >.>

especially with that song "Tenshi ni Fureta Yo >.>

and for those that agrees with gtlw's last part...

i actually believe the same too..

but [spoiler=I dont think that SUNRISE gonna] do another KIRA YAMATO for lulu >.>

but still the part when i saw the hidden truth of ZERO REQUIEM..

i realized whats gonna happen in next scene~~