Way of the Samurai 4

This games passed me by I played 2 & 3 but didn't know anything about 4.You can't find much info on this game so as I play it I will post new info here.Way of the Samurai 4 FAQ/Walkthrough for PlayStation 3 by EVERYTHING69 - GameFAQs

Hard Mode: At the start menu where it says unlock.Their you will find a list of stuff to buy with samurai points one of them being HARD MODE.(You may have to beat the game once.

Your Items and Money for the last game will be in the Dojo Chest when you start a new game with the same character.

Skill Points: Skill points affect 3 things

1. How much damage you take

2. How much damage you deal

3. How many skills you can use while making your own style

Mission Farming: If a Job has you fighting guys then talking to someone afterwards, you can leave the area and come back and the guys you just killed re-spawn.(Example of Job like this is Gramp's: Protest)This is useful for getting weapon to sell or disassemble, items, and some cases skill books.

Samurai Point Farming: The easiest way

1. skip the initial event,

2. sleep until the announcement of the tournament

3. sleep until he next day then travel to town and hear the tournament has started,

4. go to the tournament, then win.

Don't do anything in between and you'll get the highest samurai title (on hard I got over 2000 points. Just do it a few times and you can buy everything) It's so easy it's stupid :)

Dojo tutorial

Pupils -Talk or Kick a NPC and choose the I can kill you option (except for the main story ones) using the reversed side of your weapon, knock down there vitality to 0 and then talk to them choosing the last option. They will either join your dojo or kick you and run away. Max is 20 pupils ( If they run away kick them again to try again you can do this until they agree)

Challengers - during random times, challengers will appear in your dojo. Quickly go to your dojo to fight them. Most times, before you reach the challenger will kill your pupils. Sometimes before you reach, your pupils will ward off the challenger.

*Note - The more pupils you have, the higher the rating your dojo will become (Max is 5 stars). The more challengers will come and stronger they will be.

Recommendation - Do the Sensei sub-quest to get her as your assistant, it will help you out a lot

How To Unlock Night Crawling: You will need a dojo with 20 female students.After getting all female students a man with nipple rings an a top hat will appear to challenge the dojo (not a joke) kill him and loot his body and hope he drops Nightly Pleasure Martial Arts Book.That book will unlock night crawling.( I spent the better part of two days trying to get the book. I fought the guy about 6 times until I got it so don't give up.) :Trick to battle challengers with having sensei kill the before you get there. Just enter and exit the dojo until someone shows up.This works you will get sick of loading screens but sensei won't kill them before you get there because your already there.

How to fish: Just buy bait from the merchant in town and select it by using the D-pad and be near water and you should get a icon to start fishing.

In the area your fishing in any of these fish can show up.If you have 10 of the same bait and no items you can hold 10 fish. (You Have Ten Item Slots) Some how weapon style factors into fishing (I got a increase of style points while fishing.I know this because

it popped up in a message)

(* Means Low chance to catch Y Means Yen)

Black Ship (I recommend Sandworm)

Horse Mackerel: 120Y-Earthworm or Sandworm

Mackerel: 320Y-Earthworm or Sandworm

Mullet: 100Y-Earthworm

Octopus: 320Y-Earthworm or Sandworm

Sea Eel: 190Y-Earthworm

Rock Fish: 330Y-Earthworm or Sandworm

Sea Urchin: 500Y-Earthworm or Sandworm *

Scorpion Fish: 280Y-Sandworm

Red Starfish: 10Y-Sandworm

Red Sea Bream 490Y-Sandworm *

Post some tips if you played this game ............THANKS YOU IF YOU HELPED!

Edited by Breakthrough

I think i played previous games but im not sure, as for your problem ... i have no idea but seeing how game is rather hardcore it might have something to do with blade getting too soaked in blood or you need to use some kind of whetsone on it(no idea srsly i didnt play it).

• 2 months later...

I got both 3 & 4, played a bit of the 4. I have to said the game quite fun to play, simply it i like GTA x Samurai game to me

but beware the game is an acquired taste (a bit of pun here) as it is JRPG with lot of anime culture and taste

also the game does a poor job of explaining stuff to you. you get like the basic control and that about it then it left you alone in the town with little clue on what really to do.

May be that the game maker intention and if it meant for player to feel stranded in unfamiliar place they certainly succeed.

If you want to play this I suggest give it a few hour without any faq or walkthrough. Then consult it after you feel lost.

give the game 7/10

PS. My first game end with random "Wandering Dueler" killed me -_-"