Visual Novels Translation Status [02/17/2013]

> Nicolo Kintanar ‏@jastusa I understand this has been asked and addressed many times before, but is there any hope left for Jingai Makyou release?

> JAST USA ‏@bumbayker Jingai Makyou has certainly not been ruled out.

Well, that's good... I guess?

it was terrible

I have to agree about that, won't try to read it anyway (several screenshots were enough for me).

Edited by Chipp12
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-snip-

Wow,rage much? Anyway it seems to me that the only reason he started translating it again is because he doesn't want anyone else to have translated it.Also "hours a day translating for nearly a month", if I'm thinking he's at the same level of translating as Ixrec or at least near enough why would it take him so long if Ixrec could translate it for almost a week at full speed? But I digress,I have nothing against for having to wait a year to release, but when he discards a project like that and then picks it up because someone else was going to translate it, well I can't completely trust a guy like that that the game would ever see the light of day..

Wow,rage much? Anyway it seems to me that the only reason he started translating it again is because he doesn't want anyone else to have translated it.Also "hours a day translating for nearly a month", if I'm thinking he's at the same level of translating as Ixrec or at least near enough why would it take him so long if Ixrec could translate it for almost a week at full speed? But I digress,I have nothing against for having to wait a year to release, but when he discards a project like that and then picks it up because someone else was going to translate it, well I can't completely trust a guy like that that the game would ever see the light of day..

These are just posts without the contest (and quite old too). Go there and start reading from #21 or the beginning.

^ Very amusing, huehuehue.

That said, the point in the quote is quite clear. Moogy admitted that he started translating it again because he doesn't want Ixrec to ruin Dra+Koi. And almost everything in oliavito's post #53 revolved around this.

Post #55 however, implies that oliviato's reached this conclusion based on a out of context quoting, therefore linking him to the actual thread. Which in my opinion, is pretty pointless since it makes no differences.

That is all.

Some news from koestl -
(Rakuen comes out on 5/24)

Grisaia no Kajitsu deadline is 5/24? Hohoho~~ (x

Oh and, Spider Lily Translation released an updated translation "English Patch v1.2" for Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - The First Night last week, so anyone who wants to read Higanbana - The First Night should use this new patch.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Never noticed this before XD

Jast will probably never release it though.. maybe by 2016, perhaps?

This is the only part of the update I ever pay attention to lately lol. I tried to play the existing translation got all the way to chapter 5 but got pissed and gave up because the game would crash hard enough to reoot windows every time I answered a text from the neko chick.

It might have been the fact that I was playing a prepatched version I found a torrent for that was making it all crash prone I'm just too lazy to download the game piece by piece and patch it myself to find out lol

This is the only part of the update I ever pay attention to lately lol. I tried to play the existing translation got all the way to chapter 5 but got pissed and gave up because the game would crash hard enough to reoot windows every time I answered a text from the neko chick.

It might have been the fact that I was playing a prepatched version I found a torrent for that was making it all crash prone I'm just too lazy to download the game piece by piece and patch it myself to find out lol

I can only say this after OMA with Umineko ps3 version recently, and now this (which a lot of people actually use I know).... NEVER USE A PRE-PATCHED VERSION UNLESS YOUR 100% SURE IT WORKS!!!!

and btw I don't understand what's so hard about installing Steins;gate manually, as far as I remember I never had problems, both installation and in-game.......

Expect the full translated game by mid 2014.

Just where did you get this kind of BS information Ryu? There is no date for full game yet but if they are gonna release like before it will take them 3-5 months. As for translation Rogue was doing magnificent job and translated both games in 4 months(3 months for first one). So you telling us that the game will come out in mid 2014 when there are quite big chances that we will get it before Christmas or even sooner this year is kinda annoying.

^ Well, don't take everything too seriously. lol

In another news, Gundam Ace will be going on a trip for two weeks, so there probably won't be any update for I/O during that period.

Umikaze Translation signed on with VNS to edit Hatsuyuki Sakura. (btw, where's my Kanogi update damnit!?) :

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Just where did you get this kind of BS information Ryu? There is no date for full game yet but if they are gonna release like before it will take them 3-5 months. As for translation Rogue was doing magnificent job and translated both games in 4 months(3 months for first one). So you telling us that the game will come out in mid 2014 when there are quite big chances that we will get it before Christmas or even sooner this year is kinda annoying.

Like gerard said, don't take it too seriously. I was just speculating. Besides, Rogue said the translation for the last game will be significantly slower because of real life resposibilities.

In another news, Gundam Ace will be going on a trip for two weeks, so there probably won't be any update for I/O during that period.

Don't forget (maybe you know already) that this project has 2 translators:

GundamAce Route A 54/54 (100%)

1111111111 Route D 12/12(100%)

1111111111 Route A’ 3/10 (30%)

1111111111 Route D’ 33/33 (100%)

BlickWinkel Route B 22/35 (62.8%)

111111111 Route C 22/22 (100%)

111111111 Route B’ 0/20 (0%)

111111111 Route C’ 0/8 (0%)

Both11111 Route E 21/53 (40%)

111111111 Route E’ 0/2 (0%)

Edited by Chipp12