Visual Novels Translation Status [02/24/2013]

What I wasn't expecting is Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake being one if not the last VN the company produces.

Bamboo says that BokuTen will probably be Overdrive's last game or close to it, but stresses that the company itself isn't going under.

Sounds to me that they'll just set up another company but won't stop making visual novels. Also, Moogy didn't even give us the source of his informations.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it does. Main character narration points are in the game here and there. Other times there's omniscient narration

Screenshots pl0x? :p

On the other hand, that game has to use the novel narrative consistently for telling its story, so "here and there" doesn't sound good enough.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

yeah sure

Tsubame: 100% TL, 83% Edited

Momoyo: 40% TL, 25% Edited (starting back up)

Sayaka: 73% TL, 40% Edited

slow shit but moving along

Current translation status of Majikoi S/A

Sorry for the stupid question, but according to this thread, the Fate/Ataraxia fanstranslation is about 80 Percent, but the download link for partial translation VN only says 50 Percent, is that right???

Yes. Nearly 90% right now. The last partial patch that was released translates ~50% of the game.

I'm surprised that the onces slated for Winter from ManaGamer releases still arent out yet.

Hahahahaha.

They did pick up crapload of VNs and are working on like 5 of them (or more) at the same time , so it's understandable.

Edited by killerinsidee

They were talking about releasing them in Spring in their last blog post I think.

To start off with, we’d like to let you all know that there won’t be any new releases in the next couple of months as we head into the final stages of our website renewal. Come March though, you’ll be seeing an all-new website on a brand-new server, and we’ll be ready to kick new titles out once a month for the rest of 2013, so think of this as a chance to save up now! We’ll be discussing all the new changes to the website come next month, so for now, let’s get on with what really matters–the games!
Edited by Chipp12

Well, SSSS which they wanted to have released for Winter was pretty meh to begin with, so the delay isn't really a big deal. Harukoi was a mess and a half (just mention it and me in the SB and you might get a reaction from those that heard my thoughts on that). Eroge! is... Something I hope I never have the pleasure of testing. I'm not into the whole 'scat' thing it seems to have going on.

-SSSS was pretty meh to begin with

-Harukoi was a mess and a half

-Eroge! is... Something I hope I never have the pleasure of testing.

-Tayutama is the most awesome game ever

Sounds like mangagamer is currently translating a lot of shitty games.

Well, Harukoi had some pretty good routes, but the testing aspect (along with the fucking god awful translator used) made it a mess to deal with. Eroge! I really don't care about, and SSSS is a nukige.. 'nough said about that.

Tick! Tack! was pretty decent, as far as the story goes. The endings are pretty generic in and of themselves and not worth seeing them all. Plenty of loli, and loli, and some more loli... And occasionally some big boobs, but I don't care about those. And you get to do this:

Nothing like banging Nerine's mother before she became a mother.

I truly don't think that is a spoiler as you find that out pretty quick, but just put it there in case some want to 'surprise' themselves.

Edit:

And no OMA, they will never get Tayutama and it will never be fan-translated. Though, I might machine translate it just for you.

Edited by strom
Tick! Tack! was pretty decent, as far as the story goes. The endings are pretty generic in and of themselves and not worth seeing them all. Plenty of loli, and loli, and some more loli... And occasionally some big boobs, but I don't care about those. And you get to do this: MILF

Oh piss. And I hoped for something awesome like starting a war between gods and devils. =\

Though, I might machine translate it just for you.

No, please, don't do it. Tayutama is written in katakana (or something else) and so nearly every translation program screws up.

Oh and Ulti, I'm waiting for your Aaeru joke regarding machine translations alright?

Oh piss. And I hoped for something awesome like starting a war between gods and devils. =\

No, please, don't do it. Tayutama is written in katakana (or something else) and so nearly every translation program screws up.

Oh and Ulti, I'm waiting for your Aaeru joke regarding machine translations alright?

I was actually wanting something along the lines of creating a war also... But I knew not to get my expectations up about that. Hell, I was hoping there would be a route for Sia's mom, but that was not to be.

I will use my technical knowledge of Japanese (none) and the wonders of a the messed up machine translation to ruin any love you might have for the VN.

You asked for it, one machine translated VN to ruin your life coming right up! Once I stop being lazy and get a hacker for it...

NOOOO!!! STROM!!! Please, show mercy~

Which will never happen.

Ah, oh, well, okay, in this case, fuck you! >.

yup..Tayutama used mostly Kana's and Kanjis with majority in Kanas >.>

so TA will only able to translate those Kanjis which means...totally weird translations//

but if STROM able to do a machine translation and he edited it properly..

since STROM able to differentiate TODAY from TO DIE....

i dont see how the translations will go wrong with Kanas..

mostly MT were fucked up due to HIRAGANAs