Hi there! ^^

I'm working on a german Visual Novel and started a crowd funding campaign on indiegogo for it

nope..not a chance >.>

no point asking for money here..

this site were done by Ivan for free >.>

if you want some fundings go to fuwa or crane..

those people there always do fund raising just for their self interest

nope..not a chance >.>

no point asking for money here..

this site were done by Ivan for free >.>

if you want some fundings go to fuwa or crane..

those people there always do fund raising just for their self interest

Why? The game will be free! I just need some money for the art and music ^^

nope..it still cost money >.>

for starters..i advice you to find some friends that learn music..

they surely can setup the bgms and stuff

next..get a few people with computer illustrations backgrounds..

then you dont need any money from us >.>

if you cant...go to fuwa or crane

they "support" your fund raising program

• 2 weeks later...

I think its a nice thing that u want to make a VN, eroge, or whatever. Also asking for money might eventually be okay, but you should at least show the people some stuff. With this i dont mean the mini demo u made here. I mean a costplan, how big the game will be, genre, storyboard, releaseplan, how big is your team, etc.

Just asking for money is a bit... well, lets say i would never even dream about giving you money like this.

Just a few things you might wanna think about. Also i totally support the comments above. You should really try to do this without additional funds. Fanssubbers are able to do it. Most eroge translation groups too. And lots of other people who have nothing to do with animes but with other things. You should be able to do that too ;)

I don't see the harm in asking for crowdfunding, if people like the idea, feel free to support the project, if you don't have the money, then don't.

Personally I like the art and the mouth movement are a plus, shame no voice acting but that's to be expected, it's not like you can just bring seiyuus from japan.

Just a piece of advice, next time post more about the game, not just a youtube vid.

What's the plot? How long is it? How many heroines? Heroine traits? (Childhood friend, yandere, tsundere, class president, wheelchair heroine and other shit), Will it have h-scenes? (what most people here are interested in) etc.

And don't mind ulti, he's always hostile to people, here here ulti *gives cookie*

Edited by Ryu
There's a different between asking for donation to run a download site and a forum user asking for crowd funding to help his project.

there is..

but he need to show some of the stuff(sample) first

or it'll just be a scheme >.>

Basically ulti is a faggot

basically..you're the FAG here since you dont even bother to mind your language <.>

I don't see an issue asking for people on the forums to support making a new game, ulti...

And good luck! I don't have any idea what it'll be about, since I don't speak german, but oh well. I'll probably donate at some point.

dude..people ask for support when they at least half way into their project and stuff

thats why the demo/trail stuff were created..

its a advertisement strategy and it gave people the clear idea what shit he's trying to make out

unless he's amongst the the top few that makes good stuff and were well known

I don't see the harm in asking for crowdfunding, if people like the idea, feel free to support the project, if you don't have the money, then don't.

Personally I like the art and the mouth movement are a plus, shame no voice acting but that's to be expected, it's not like you can just bring seiyuus from japan.

Just a piece of advice, next time post more about the game, not just a youtube vid.

What's the plot? How long is it? How many heroines? Heroine traits? (Childhood friend, yandere, tsundere, class president, wheelchair heroine and other shit), Will it have h-scenes? (what most people here are interested in) etc.

And don't mind ulti, he's always hostile to people, here here ulti *gives cookie*

hey..im not being hostile at all..

its amazing you think that way..

btw..himecchi was making her own VN without asking for funding >.>

Ulti is probably right when saying that finding contributors on this forum is a damn miracle but honestly, asking won't harm anybody so don't be a bitch ulti :rolleyes:

im just saying what most people think actually...

i mean..no one will give a random guy money unless they know is stature background or some legit proof

Edited by ultimecea
dude..people ask for support when they at least half way into their project and stuff

thats why the demo/trail stuff were created..

its a advertisement strategy and it gave people the clear idea what shit he's trying to make out

unless he's amongst the the top few that makes good stuff and were well known

Indie game studios dont often get to finance their projects through halfway because they lack financial support , ergo why you have Kickstarter.com projects for example. When i was on a band we needed to basically do what they are doing just to finance one of our albums abroad in the UK , and that was possible due to the small knit underground fanbase we had. And this project makes my point even more because its a small fan group trying to make a VN. So i believe this to be legit.

All the best with your VN i hope you guys make it!

Edited by iLoveTsundere
Indie game studios dont often get to finance their projects through halfway because they lack financial support , ergo why you have Kickstarter.com projects for example. When i was on a band we needed to basically do what they are doing just to finance one of our albums abroad in the UK , and that was possible due to the small knit underground fanbase we had. And this project makes my point even more because its a small fan group trying to make a VN. So i believe this to be legit.

tsun really??

though..most indie group make their 1st release by their own before making any fund raising or sales

Guest loppez

ultimecea go home. real.

yes. it is its a advertisement strategy . without this, nobody will support them, nobody will play their game, they will never find sponsors. how do you think somebody can start doing games with no money and hype? you need this to be somebody among game producers.

i imagine your position. "ok i have no money, nobody knows about me but i will make a game! this is great idea. i am sure a lot of people will play this!"

try to understand: nobody forces you to pay.

tsun really??

though..most indie group make their 1st release by their own before making any fund raising or sales

Some dont. Like Path of Exile , they made basic 3D models and explained how to the game was supposed to be to the fanbase and then asked for financial help to help kickstart the project. And it worked for them because the fanbase liked what they saw. Now they are in business. It might have helped that they promises it would be true F2P though with a microtransaction shop just to keep them afloat. But hey it worked.

ultimecea go home. real.

yes. it is its a advertisement strategy . without this, nobody will support them, nobody will play their game, they will never find sponsors. how do you think somebody can start doing games with no money and hype? you need this to be somebody among game producers.

i imagine your position. "ok i have no money, nobody knows about me but i will make a game! this is great idea. i am sure a lot of people will play this!"

try to understand: nobody forces you to pay.

dude..go and grow some brain..

for real >.>

try to think for a sec..

i was asking him to try and make stuff on his own for his first project

not someone that begging for money in order to make something for his own gain~

Some dont. Like Path of Exile , they made basic 3D models and explained how to the game was supposed to be to the fanbase and then asked for financial help to help kickstart the project. And it worked for them because the fanbase liked what they saw. Now they are in business. It might have helped that they promises it would be true F2P though with a microtransaction shop just to keep them afloat. But hey it worked.

hmm..path of exile huh..

didnt bothered bout MMO's..

but they make a sample/demo right

thats the difference here

Guest loppez

i am sure ultimecea feels tricked. author is a sneaky guy who tries to twists our silly minds. then we all will pay.

btw. why do you think people make games? for fun? wake up man. they do it for money. simple as fuck. and nobody with brain will be angry on that. this is how it works. you don't like the game? you don't buy it.

Edited by loppez
i am sure ultimecea feels tricked. author is a sneaky guy who tries to twists our silly minds. then we all will pay.

Your intention for posting in this thread is pretty apparent. Stop picking fight and go to sleep, kid. Your mommy is calling.

Basically loppez is a faggot

True, though. :o

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
tsun really??

Not true... so so so many indie groups don't even get to make any sort of demo/trial. Specially as of late, there are tons of projects where people invest money after an idea, text and some pictures, maybe a video, too.

I wonder, though, how many people will give any money when even the main page is in german...

PD: Yes, I know there's a small text with a link that sends you to a forum thread with some information in english, but I'm pretty sure most people will miss it or directly guess that if the web is in german, everything will be the same.