Visual Novels Translation Status [04/21/2013]

Good for you. Personally I tend to have very little patience or appreciation for horror and angst as dominant themes of fiction, in all likelihood because my optimistic, cheerful, and fearless personality traits leave me very little ground to emphatize with them. They bore me to tears or annoy me to ragequit. Comedy, heroic action-adventure, fantasy wonder, cheerful slice-of-life, and optimistic personal growth stories resonate much better with my tastes and personality.

I also struggle to remember a serious loss in my life I could not bounce back from in a few weeks to months at most, so I'm instinctively driven to regard characters that let such a loss ruin their lives (unless something beyond one's self-control, such as medical depression, joins the picture), such the MC in Kira's route, as pathetic losers. And I don't really enjoy playing pathetic losers. This is also a problem I have when the VN makes the MC too much of a wuss, doormat, or coward.

Reminds me of a college application essay XD

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just about covers roughly 80% of all known VNs.

Sadly true, to varying degrees. I had to lower my standards, when I got enamored with eroges. I still have serious trouble finishing really bad examples (I am looking at you, Heart de Roommate) and competent/proactive MC are a much welcome surprise (hello, Majikoi and G-Senjou no Maou). The only case passivity/incompetence does not bother me is when I play feminization or 'corruption into sluthood' female PoV nukiges (hello, X-Change series), because it then becomes part of the fetish I fancy.

Reminds me of a college application essay XD

I'm a verbose college-educated guy. And before I got into eroges, I was a regular at certain forums where being very precise in your arguments was a partial protection against flamewars, the biased whimsy of the administrators, and their Banhammer. Old habits die hard.

And I don't really enjoy playing pathetic losers. This is also a problem I have when the VN makes the MC too much of a wuss, doormat, or coward.

I totally know what you're talking about. Finding great protagonists is like walking on water, nearly impossible. =\

Rance...serious......hahahahaha XD

[spoiler=Suzume spoiler]Well, he did had a serious moment when suzume told him she was going to die for the poison in her body.

Edited by Ryu
some bad news i think?

the 2 translator for Mashiro Iro Symphony project are gone missing..

the project leader said that they'll find a new translator if those 2 of the missing person don't respond to them at the end of this month..

Not a big surprise to be honest.