Hi i am extremely new to this genre as well as how to install them i have demon tools lite as well as my computer set to Japanese locale but i was wondering if there was a step by step on how to download them any that anyone can guide me to i have been searching about the forums with no luck any help would be greatly appreciated.... and sorry about my noobyness in this matter.

Thanks!!!!

Hi i am extremely new to this genre as well as how to install them i have demon tools lite as well as my computer set to Japanese locale but i was wondering if there was a step by step on how to download them any that anyone can guide me to i have been searching about the forums with no luck any help would be greatly appreciated.... and sorry about my noobyness in this matter.

Thanks!!!!

1.set locale to japanese

[spoiler=xp]

Click Start, Then Control Panel.

Click Date, Time Language and Regional Options.

Now Click on Regional and Language Options.

With me so far? Now on the region tab go to location and you will see a scroll option for languages, scroll up to Japan.

Next you need to click on the advance tab.

Okay now this is part is tricky but still simple to do, on the other half of this tab you will see "code page conversion table" Click in the Japanese option to install the language.

In order to install you will need your windows xp disc that came with your computer, just put that disc in and it will install the language pack you need. Click apply then restart

Wa la your computer is now ready to play Japanese visual novels and other games from Japan

[spoiler=windows vista/7]

The same for XP really, Click start then control panel.

Now click "Clock, Language and Region".

Click "Region and Language".

Okay now this is different from XP so pay attention, Click on the "Administrative Tab".

If you have followed me so far click on "Change system Locale" and click "Japan". After that just re-start your computer no disc needed for Vista or 7.

Now your vista and 7 PC are ready to play Japanese games/Visual Novels

2.download all parts from this site (like for example all 12 parts of Download english hentai games - ef - a fairy tale of the two)

3.open the first part with winrar or 7zip

4.extract everything into a folder

5.mount the image (usually .iso or .mds file) with daemon tools lite or virtual clone drive

6.install the game (in japanese)

7.download (if necessary) and install the english patch

8.play the game

Edit: Here's another guide for changing your system locale

Edited by OneManArmy
  • 2 years later...

Hey i am not so sure how to do this stuff for my laptop [ Windows 8 ] because some of the aforementioned stuff just isn't there like advanced tab but i can find system locale and am able to change it to japan. Please Help!

Nearly forgot to mention but i am scared to change system locale to japan because i cannot understand japanese text and the visual novel i've downloaded became strange files after i extracted them, they were Grisaia.mdf & Grisaia.mds files instead of being .exe so what happens when i change my system locale to japan and why is the files so different from .exe?

EDIT : I've used daemon tools and mounted the files but still cannot start the game,Helptyhelp.jpg

Edited by Teether
After changing the locale to Japanese your forward slash (\) may turn into a yen symbol and some installers may be in Japanese. This is normal. Everything else will still display in English.

For Windows 8

-Go to the Control Panel

-Click on Clock, Language and Region, then Region

-Click the Administrative tab, go to "Change System Locale", and select "Japanese (Japan)" from the drop-down menu.

-Click OK

-Restart your computer

Afterwards mount the mdf via daemon tools again and open that "install" file to... well... install the game =)

Edited by OneManArmy
Nearly forgot to mention but i am scared to change system locale to japan because i cannot understand japanese text and the visual novel i've downloaded became strange files after i extracted them, they were Grisaia.mdf & Grisaia.mds files instead of being .exe so what happens when i change my system locale to japan and why is the files so different from .exe?

EDIT : I've used daemon tools and mounted the files but still cannot start the game,[ATTACH=CONFIG]12266[/ATTACH]

Heheh...

Run Install.exe instead, if that doesn't works use bootmenu.exe and choose the first option.

"Nearly forgot to mention but i am scared to change system locale to japan because i cannot understand japanese text"

No need to be, System Locale only changes the region of your "system" not the "language". Do take note that sometimes when installing some other files(applications) it might end up in the language that your locale is set to. Just revert the "locale" to yours and it will be fine when installing other things.(rarely happens tho)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I just started downloading Eroge! ~H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai~ and was wondering if it is normal for all downloads to have the same contents when extracted.

I have extracted each file now 6/12 and am noticing that the contents are just all "pac" folders with vo.ypf and other .ypf files inside of them.

I haven't noticed an install game feature in them now and am just worried that they aren't downloaded correctly or if the download is broken.

I have yet to download the rest of the parts but just want to know if I am wasting my time on a broken link or am doing something wrong.

For the ones I have downloaded, I just download them, Move them to another place and extract the contents from the download.

If anyone knows hmu please.

Hey I just started downloading Eroge! ~H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai~ and was wondering if it is normal for all downloads to have the same contents when extracted.

I have extracted each file now 6/12 and am noticing that the contents are just all "pac" folders with vo.ypf and other .ypf files inside of them.

I haven't noticed an install game feature in them now and am just worried that they aren't downloaded correctly or if the download is broken.

I have yet to download the rest of the parts but just want to know if I am wasting my time on a broken link or am doing something wrong.

For the ones I have downloaded, I just download them, Move them to another place and extract the contents from the download.

If anyone knows hmu please.

That is normal. Just download all the parts, put them in the same folder, then extract the first one. Done.