New VN localization company: MoeNovel

With no fanfare, a company calling itself MoeNovel has launched a website and plans to release its first title by the end of May. The title is "If my Heart had Wings", a highly regarded 2012 VN from acclaimed developer Pulltop. A demo of the game is available on their website. Pre-orders are available for US $35 on PlayAsia. According to VNDB, the title is long and offers 30-50hrs of gameplay. The English release will have the H-scenes removed to "reach a wider audience".

http://2u.pacn.ws/640/gv/If_My_Heart_Had_Wings_303943.1.jpg

VNDB link: Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete

Official website: IF MY HEART HAD WINGS | MoeNovel

PlayAsia link: http://www.play-asia...en-70-6iiv.html

Screenshots of the translation: https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-news/2798-visual-novels-translation-status-%5B05-05-2013%5D-7/#post53596

Preliminary discussion on this forum: https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-news/2798-visual-novels-translation-status-%5B05-05-2013%5D-6/#post53587

Semi-official statement from Mangagamer: MangaGamer.com • View topic - Birth of a new English VN company Moenovel

Edited by sanahtlig
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no..

and the flames just keep spreading at VNDB >>>

there's only 1 thing to say...actually 2

well..its good that more company comes out and tried to localised most vn ( too tired to wait for that cappy old timer JAST )

but..censoring and removed certain contents from a full 18+ game is a bad idea..

especially that BATHTUB scene..( although..i didnt hear much bout that few scenes but making it all ages will mostly leading it to be scraped )

i wouldnt mind if there's an all ages version and they work it there but i cant be please that they removed the contents from a full fledge VN

*Reach a wider audience*..........the first thing that came up in my head when I saw that was EA lol.

And it is indeed a bad idea, 70%-80% of VN readers want H - scenes, some to fap, other because "It deepens the bond between MC and heroine", others just because of the feeling that *something is missing*.

They should have studied MG all-ages sales numbers before taking this step.

My opinion: This is going to blow on their faces.......hard. And fan patch will be made.....probably.

Edited by Ryu
They should have studied MG all-ages sales numbers before taking this step.

What's puzzling is that MoeNovel is loosely collaborating with Mangagamer, and Mangagamer *told them* that VN fans don't like ero being removed. MoeNovel ignored Mangagamer's input. It's rather senseless arrogance on MoeNovel's part, and they're going to suffer for it.

Edited by sanahtlig

well..its good that more company comes out and tried to localised most vn ( too tired to wait for that cappy old timer JAST )

but..censoring and removed certain contents from a full 18+ game is a bad idea..

Have to agree with this, more publishers is always good, but starting out with a "de-fanged" eroge probably isn't the best idea. Not to mention the lack of advertising themselves beforehand. And as Ryu said, this will very likely blow on their faces.

What's puzzling is that MoeNovel is loosely collaborating with Mangagamer, and Mangagamer *told them* that VN fans don't like ero being removed. MoeNovel ignored Mangagamer's input. It's rather senseless arrogance on MoeNovel's part, and they're going to suffer for it.

haha///

well they sounded like arrogant bastards to me..

pity MG getting all the blast though..since they just help in distributions

If hentai will be removed properly I dont see any problems. Little busters, Clannad and Rewrite was awesome without H

you see..

it might not just H scenes...

there's a plentiful of sexs joke and stuff in the VN..

imagine it was censored..even the bathtub scene

and for the worst..they actually only have 18+ version >.>

Edited by ultimecea
If hentai will be removed properly I dont see any problems. Little busters, Clannad and Rewrite was awesome without H

Key is pretty much the only company that can pull this off...and they do considerably better with H-scenes still anyway. There's a reason they released an H-version of Little busters and why that sold better than the original, and possibly one reason why rewrite didn't sell as much as it probably should have. Me personally, I don't care too much about H (I suppose I'd rather have them in as long as they don't interfere with the story), but having H definitely sells more copies. Not a great start for these guys, I can only hope that they recover from this since more localization can't be bad.

Edit: After reading this I'm actually more concerned about the Engrish than anything else.

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
Key is pretty much the only company that can pull this off...and they do considerably better with H-scenes still anyway. There's a reason they released an H-version of Little busters and why that sold better than the original, and possibly one reason why rewrite didn't sell as much as it probably should have. Me personally, I don't care too much about H (I suppose I'd rather have them in as long as they don't interfere with the story), but having H definitely sells more copies. Not a great start for these guys, I can only hope that they recover from this since more localization can't be bad.

but...if you actually look back..

KEY H scenes were terrible..

"hint:KANON"

Edit: After reading this I'm actually more concerned about the Engrish than anything else.

did you check the thread at VNDB??

someone linked a few pics from the demo..

the translation were decent...

THEY NEED A GOOD EDITOR!!

Edited by ultimecea

That official website for the game sure is pretty awesome looking. :D

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how well they fare with sales and such, considering the removal of 18+ content. And also what they will decide to do later on.

That's not the same. Those games were released without ero right from the start (LB got a ero re-release later though).

In this case the 18+ content was there, but has been cut out.

That's like a censored horror movie compared to a family comedy-flick. The latter might work without the splatter, the former does not^^

It saddens me to write this, but with this censorship-happy-aproach I hope they leave the market sooner than later.

(Or if there's a possibility to repair the cut content: welcome to the english speaking market!!^^)

Edited by Cross

MoeNovel is translating an awesome game but people are complaining about it because there won't be any sex scenes? What is this shit? Be happy that there will be a translation in the first place.

Edited by OneManArmy
MoeNovel is translating an awesome game but people are complaining because there won't be any sex scenes? What is this shit?

baa-chan..

we are afraid it wont be just H scenes...

they might removed the bathtub scenes and some cheesy dirty jokes...

all just to appeal for WIDER MARKET~

The English release will have the H-scenes removed to "reach a wider audience".

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will sell really well. Absolutely. Heh.

Why won't they learn from past mistakes...tsk tsk tsk.

others just because of the feeling that *something is missing*.

Sadly, I will join this category this time.

Companies come and companies go...well, it's not like there were that many VN localizing companies in the first place (Aside from the ones still in business, Hirameki's the only other one that comes to my mind). It'll be interesting to see how long they last.

MG and Jast both had problems with the translation quality when they first started; if MoeNovel survives, I'm sure they'll improve with time.

A new company, well that a good things I suppose

but there first release is without h?

I would have no problem with this as long as the original release also with out h content

basically like Rewrite or LB.

anyway let wait and see if there will be a 18+ patch by them or by fan made

or else if they continue this up they might end up like Hirameki International 555

well good luck i guess

Quoting myself like a boss!!!

MoeNovel is translating an awesome game but people are complaining about it because there won't be any sex scenes? What is this shit? Be happy that there will be a translation in the first place.

So I guess there will be no scenes like this in the localization version. :(

http://s.vndb.org/sf/69/31669.jpg

http://s.vndb.org/sf/73/31673.jpg

An unofficial fan-patch for ero is plausible, but that could create another problem between fans and the will of developers.