I`ve just finished moving all my visual novels into one place and reorganizing them, and I`m quite proud from the effect I`ve obtained that`s why I want to show it to you all:

My Collection 2.jpg

Green ones - Installed with full english translation

Blue ones - Not translated or only partially

Red ones - Had problems with them running correctly

Magnifying glass - Need virtual machine with win 98 to play them without any problems

Star - Most are translated, others probably will be soon

Duel Savior - It`s not working on win8 but I`ve marked is as green, because I can always use my pc with win XP to play it

I use separate 1TB HDD dedicated only for VNs.

I wonder if it`s only me or some of you also have something similar, a place where you keep all your treasures together, or maybe you just remove them after finishing?

Edited by Erika Furudo

That color-coding looks pretty nice, but I personally prefer to just use folders.

I keep all my played eroge ISOs in case I ever wanted to replay some moments from them. Currently storing my collection on two 1TB HDDs and an additional backup of everything on a 2TB HDD. What sucks is that I've used up all the space on those, so I need to buy more HDDS >___>

Note: I have win8 x64 and tested both Figures of happiness and Heart de Roomate. They both run perfectly on my end (drivers? codecs, maybe?)

Well I`ve managed to run FoH on win8 but there were no character voices, and since I`m lazy it was easier to just use virtual machine, where everything works fine, instead of looking for another solution. With Heart de Roomate I will probably need to look for another source to download the game, because the version I have just freeze after installation no matter what method I try to start it, it`s not working even when I tried to run it on other pc with win xp.

I keep all my played eroge ISOs in case I ever wanted to replay some moments from them. Currently storing my collection on two 1TB HDDs and an additional backup of everything on a 2TB HDD. What sucks is that I've used up all the space on those, so I need to buy more HDDS >___>

Everything I`ve got including ISOs and installed VNs weights about 450GB, so I wonder what do you have on your HDDs that it takes 2TB to store it all, and you still could use more :D

so I wonder what do you have on your HDDs that it takes 2TB to store it all, and you still could use more :D

My guess would be a bunch of untranslated VNs :p

As for me, I probably have ~300gb total VNs downloaded/saved. Most of them are VNs I downloaded with the intention of playing later.. others are VNs that i've already finished that I can't bring myself to delete for some reason.

I have one directory for uninstalled games, and another directory for installed games. I tend not to uninstall games these days (I have a lot of free space), but over the years I've lost games to hard drive issues and Windows reinstalls; I also used to have limited HDD space so I'd periodically get rid of games I was done with. As I rarely go back to games I've played in the past, I'm not too broken up about these losses. Kind of wish I still had my Seinarukana saved game though...

I use VNDB to comprehensively track all of the titles I've played: http://vndb.org/u20137/list?c=all;v=0;t=-1;o=d;s=vote

Edited by sanahtlig

I have one folder where I install all VN's to, no matter wether they're english or japanese.

Then I have a folder for ISO's of VN's, which I have not yet installed, and a folder for ISO's which I keep, 'cause I wanna seed them, or 'cause I'm too lazy to search for a crack.

And yeah, I actually do reread stuff, so it makes sense that I keep it.

Everything I`ve got including ISOs and installed VNs weights about 450GB, so I wonder what do you have on your HDDs that it takes 2TB to store it all, and you still could use more :D

My guess would be a bunch of untranslated VNs :p
Yep that's it ^^. My HDDs contain 513 games; 446 of which are untranslated titles. In the past I also kept the installed games on another HDD, but this became unsustainable >___>. These days I just back up the save data for the game and re-install it when I feel like playing it.

I don't undertand why people archive these things if you most likely won't play the VN again.
It's true that it's very unlikely that I'll fully replay ANY of the eroge and VN that I've backed up. However every so often I'll re-install an eroge and skim through some events that I've saved.

/me lolz at loppez attempt to join adults sharing their talks while acting tsundere in the forum..

dude...you can stop trying to act tsuntsun here...

just be yourself..

all of us adult wont mind you joining our convo..even you just have enough private hair to count with 10 fingers

all of us adult wont mind you joining our convo..even you just have enough private hair to count with 10 fingers

^this made me laugh X3

anyway, I currently have about 39GB of VN's stored on a 2TB HDD (I use it to store other things as well)

while my collection is VERY small its growing by about 2 or so games a day so far.

• 2 weeks later...
am i the only one around here that saves his games in DVDs

I definitely don't, for two reasons:

1. I would much rather have a digital copy because it takes up less (physical) space and is faster to load off my hard drive.

2. My CD/DVD drive is shoddy, and I probably can't even afford the blank DVDs...