Welcome everyone :p

In this thread you can post your thoughts abut the games of E3 or E3 in general (or if you've been to E3)

Enjoy :)

My thoughts:

The most of the upcoming games at E3 is really graphical and need high end pc's for them to work. But mostly i think that the Console platforms

is a better idea to run all the details because It's more cheap.

About the upcoming consoles:

DON't BUY THE XBOX ONE, because You wont like the features. why? let me tell you

1. some games WILL only work, if there's a (subscribed) network connection.

2. If you get banned on the network , all you games that you play on the console will be blocked.

3. other games Also requires Kinect (an expensive and shitty function for Xbox One) to play

And other things i forgot to mention

Just go for the PS4 until now, it supports CryEngine 3 and maybe the Unreal Engine 4. it's also cheaper than the Xbox One :p

Yea, xbox1 policies is the biggest present sony could hope for, and it's not even cristmass yet.

I'm not sure how those policies will hold up in courts tho - they violate like dozen of EU directives and EU countries laws.

PS4 won out of the consoles, plain and simple. Xbox just killed themselves with their policies. Xbox one doesn't work in POLAND and guess where the company that produces The Witcher series is based out of.... yeah.

Every "reveal" trailer was either super-scripted or pre-rendered bullshit. Titanfall is just fuckin' Call of Duty, it doesn't matter if mechs are in the game if it looks exactly the fucking same when you get into a mech. Fuck that game and anyone who's excited for it. Halo 5's trailer was bullshit too, I don't understand how people can follow that series anymore.

Nintendo's reveals were pretty cool.

On the PC front, Rise of the Triad didn't have a spotlight, but they did show off how awesome it is at the GOG booth. Shadow Warrior looks promising, but it also looks like it takes a lot of cues from Bulletstorm. I really hope it's less linear than it looks.

I say Oculus Rift is going to kill consoles. :rolleyes:

Wicked Paradise

PS4 won out of the consoles, plain and simple. Xbox just killed themselves with their policies. Xbox one doesn't work in POLAND and guess where the company that produces The Witcher series is based out of.... yeah.

Yea. Only like dozen countries will be able to play XB1 at launch - rest will have to wait until 2014. CDP, developer of witcher, is pretty much anti-drm ( they run digital downloads games store at gog.com with no drm of any kind. Witcher 2 had drm only until first patch - about week after game launch ) - their stance can be rougly translated as "pirate is bad-served customer". When they learned about this shit, they were like "wait, what?!".

Yea. Only like dozen countries will be able to play XB1 at launch

Only twenty-one countries can actually buy the XB1 at launch, meaning that half the EU won't be supported -.- . Because that makes sense business-wise, right? Not to mention the XB1 is less powerful, more expensive, has a camera always watching you and doesn't allow you to use used games. I also find it funny that not only were the XB1 games not being run on...well an XB1, but were being run on a PC using windows 7. Apparently, even microsoft hates windows 8. Also, here is a court ruling about a thing about publishers legally not being able to stop people from trading in used games, although without looking at the licence terms for the XB1, we can't say for sure whether it actually breaks any EU law directly.

Besides that giant trainwreck, I liked Nintendo's stuff (especially X and Y...what can I say? I'm a pokemon buff :) ). A few other games were nice too, and the PS4 is looking good, although I'm not going to get it at launch.

It should be mentioned that the Xbox One has some positive features. For example, sharing your entire installed game collection with ten people on ten different consoles at the same time (though you can't play the same game concurrently). And. . .uh. . . Well, I'm blanking on anything else.

In my opinion, with Sony's improved online infrastructure, the only reason to buy an Xbox One is because you're a huge Halo or Forza fan, or because you're heavily invested in the Xbox community. Sony may not have displayed as many PS4 exclusives at E3 as MS, but history shows they can be depended on for more, quality games in the future. For all they showed, the only Microsoft exclusive I thought was interesting was Project Sparkle (or Spark?). It may have even been a contender to LittleBIGplanet if its art style wasn't so generic.

The best part of E3, without a doubt, was the very beginning: Metal Gear Solid 5! I really hope it comes to PC.

Microsoft ruined any possibility of comparison with Sony or Nintendo. I absolutely won't buy a Xbox One, and it's pretty obvious why. PS4 seems to be better in every aspect, also the price is cheaper!

I guess you have to be a strong fanboy to still believe that Microsoft will win the next console war. The results are already clear, IMO.

I know that people these days don't care about strategy games anymore but Rome 2 Total War will be awesome.

I do! RTW II will be awesome! Although I didn't really pay attention to it at E3; I had already known about it before then. It looks like there's a a couple of really cool features on top of just improving on RTW I in general.

Microsoft ruined any possibility of comparison with Sony or Nintendo. I absolutely won't buy a Xbox One, and it's pretty obvious why. PS4 seems to be better in every aspect, also the price is cheaper!

I guess you have to be a strong fanboy to still believe that Microsoft will win the next console war. The results are already clear, IMO.

^^ i agree with this

Also back in the time that the Xbox 360 came out, there was more fans with the 360, than the PS3.

Now the results today so far (with the new consoles) have turned to the opposite.

^^ i agree with this

Also back in the time that the Xbox 360 came out, there was more fans with the 360, than the PS3.

Now the results today so far (with the new consoles) have turned to the opposite.

I don't have any numbers to back this up, but I believe the PS3 has recently surpassed the Xbox 360 in sales worldwide. To continue the comparison you made, it's entirely possible that, with time, the Xbox One will eventually overtake the PS4 in popularity. Although right now, the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One in the US, a pretty bad sign for Microsoft considering it's where the bulk of their sales for the 360 were made. Personally, I hope Xbox One sales are dismal, and force MS to revise their policies.

Honestly it seems to me too that PS4 will win BUT if Microsoft will make Xbone pirateable and PS4 will be not... then even though its worse im sure that people in my country will get xbone... which sucks.

Also i read something which might be considered a PLUS for Xbone(too soon to decide yet, need more info). There is supposed to be abillity to connect your x360 and xbone so you can play your older games ALSO its supposed to be able to connect to... PC. Right now those are not exactly confirmed informations besides him really having extra plugs for it from behind.

Edited by Daeverius
Also i read something which might be considered a PLUS for Xbone(too soon to decide yet, need more info). There is supposed to be abillity to connect your x360 and xbone so you can play your older games ALSO its supposed to be able to connect to... PC. Right now those are not exactly confirmed informations besides him really having extra plugs for it from behind.

XB1 uses x86 architecture - it's basically custom built PC with special software. It'll be extremely easy for developers to "port" XB1 game to PC, and if encryption gets broken then even hackers will be able to make XB1 exclusives playable on PCs. Actually, games that were presented at E3 were played on PCs, running windows 7 - there are pictures of it floating around - one dude had his game crashed to desktop, and later on tech guy opened the closet and there was normal PC tower there.

XB1 uses x86 architecture - it's basically custom built PC with special software. It'll be extremely easy for developers to "port" XB1 game to PC, and if encryption gets broken then even hackers will be able to make XB1 exclusives playable on PCs. Actually, games that were presented at E3 were played on PCs, running windows 7 - there are pictures of it floating around - one dude had his game crashed to desktop, and later on tech guy opened the closet and there was normal PC tower there.

Yeah i read about that. What was even funnier is that they actually used win7 instead of win8 on those pc's. It seems like even MS doesnt trust win8 :)

Yeah i read about that. What was even funnier is that they actually used win7 instead of win8 on those pc's. It seems like even MS doesnt trust win8 :)

That's what I was saying earlier; here's the money shot. In hilarious fashion, they were all running on nVidia GTXs, even though the APU for both the xbone and PS4 is a modified AMD. I'd be pretty angry if I was AMD considering Microsoft didn't even bother using their graphics cards for the event.

It's nice that they are recognizing the issue, but damage has already been done IMO. They definitely saw that they were getting killed with the pre-order numbers. I'll still probably get a PS4 (not at launch though).

It's good that MS recognised their mistake and took away the DRM but still can't justify why such the high price. Will still be getting the PS4 at some point in the future. The games I'm most looking forward to is MGS:V, the crew, watch dogs and the division. Forgot to mention KH3 and maybe FF.

Edited by Rauthaz