Visual Novels Translation Status [06/30/2013]

I'm only mildly interested in Yumina, and it became less after I realized that those side characters don't have any route. I might play Yumina just to see the gameplay, but unless the story is gripping enough, this might end up being a disappointment for me. Luckily, my expectation is low, so on the positive side I could be surprised. :p

Even though i agree, if you think about muv luv alternative which had just one route, even so, it was still awesome. Well i don't think will be that big of a pleasant suprise but still at least they kept the adult content.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kamidori didn't really have any plot at all and it's still something that I can play for half an hour easily when I'm in the mood for a bit of mindless fun. It sounds as if Yumina has the potential for an iota of story, so that's an improvement. It just needs good gameplay (and hopefully some endearing characters) for it to be worth it. I'm not as interested in it as, say, Griasaia, but it's worth a gander at least. Not having a route for the other characters is a bit disapointing, though. Hopefully there is some sort of an (aforementioned) smaller side route system in place to make up for it.

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod

Yumina looks absolutely fantastic...but...I just spent the last few weeks grinding my ass off on that Alicesoft dungeon crawler that got released a while back. I'm not sure I'm ready for another grindfest so soon. Anyone here played the Jap version that can give me a heads up about how old school a dungeon crawler we're talking about?

They have "side" routes, but each of them having a full route would probably make this VN pretty damn long.

If by "side" you mean "small/short" plot, which is an excuse for sex and then bam, h-scenes, then yeah, they have "side" routes. You can pretty much have sex with all the side heroines in a single playthorugh.

Full route? I would have liked it that way. The longer it is, the better. Although it still depends in whether it has a decent story to go along with. But I don't think Yumina could be as long as Rewrite even if the side heroines have actual short routes dedicated to them. (Not counting the gameplay time.)

Even though i agree, if you think about muv luv alternative which had just one route, even so, it was still awesome. Well i don't think will be that big of a pleasant suprise but still at least they kept the adult content.

MLA has linear plot, and it was made like that to serve a purpose, so it is not an ideal comparison. VNs like Umineko and MLA doesn't really need routes imo. Yumina on the other hand, has three main girls whom you can end up with, so it would be silly not to feel disappointed when you liked a certain side character but could only have an ending with some girls who doesn't really interest you.

Storyline is important, because even if I don't like the girl, I might still stay just to see the outcome of the routes. Gameplay might keep me interested for a while, but I can't say I'm a fan of dungeon crawler games, so yea, unless it has decent story, I may get bored halfway.

Keep in mind though that this is just my current impression about Yumina. Opinion might change later when/if I played the game "when" it comes out soon™.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
Yumina on the other hand, has three main girls whom you can end up with, so it would be silly not to feel disappointed when you liked a certain side character but could only have an ending with some girls who doesn't really interest you.

I like to call that the Koihime Musou Dilemma.

EDIT: I did like the heroines, mind. But there were just a lot of girls that got shafted.

Edited by JCAll

EDIT: I did like the heroines, mind. But there were just a lot of girls that got shafted.

nah....

its just the return of the curse from Eien no Aselia

I knew someone would bring up Koihime Musou sooner or later. xD True and I agree with it.

Though, Koihime Musou for me has a slightly different situation. None of the girls have an actual route to begin with. It was all (including "main heroine") sub events that run together with the main plot. So, for some of the part, you don't actually feel like you're not spending enough time or neglecting the lovely side characters whom the MC could have "romance"(read: h-scenes) with. Ren and Sei's portion is big enough for me. Just not enough time for Kakoen... :( And those three girls (Enshou, Bunshuu, and Ganryuu) and Kaku doesn't even have anything much to do with the MC. What a waste.

Good thing is, Koihime "main" heroines ending is just a troll end with no distinctive details and outcomes that could differentiate between them. So I don't feel anything about it. So much for being a main. lol

Good thing is, Koihime "main" heroines ending is just a troll end with no distinctive details and outcomes that could differentiate between them. So I don't feel anything about it. So much for being a main. lol

but,,,

the real reason they were the main heroine's in KOIHIME was due to the fact that "SHU" was created by "RYUBI" (liu bei) and support by this 3 people (taken directly from ROMANCE OF 3 KINGDOM)

Titles announced by MG:

Ruby Striker

Warrior Princess Asuka

Armored Warrior Iris

Valkyrie Svia

Space Pirate Sara

Kara No Shoujo 2 --> YES

Cartagra ---> YESSSSS "Cartagra's translation should be ready soon."

Free Friends 1 and Free Friends 2 (by sister company of Innocent Grey)

They are also going to release KNS with voices.

21:57:25 we will have a patch available on the website

21:57:53 since we have to give royalty back to innocent grey and the voice actors, we are charging $5 for the patch

21:57:57 and $35 for the full voiced game

Remember that there are still 5 more VNs to be announced next month by MG. Jast panel is tomorrow with 7 titles. Overall it seemed fairly good (mostly because of IG)

Edited by desi
updated
Titles announced by MG:

Kara No Shoujo 2 --> YES

Cartagra ---> YESSSSS "Cartagra's translation should be ready soon."

They are also going to release KNS with voices.

Remember that there are still 5 more VNs to be announced next month by MG. Jast panel is tomorrow with 7 titles. Overall it seemed fairly good (mostly because of IG)

I came, simple as that.

Would have gone crazy over physical copies but I'm already happy enough (honestly more for Cartagra, for some reason I fear the idea of playing a sequel of KnS XD).

I just remembered this post about what we would like to see translated asd

Now it's time to hope for Gunjou no Sora wo Koete, J.Q.V. and Saihate no Ima.

Kinda unexpected to have so many black lilith titles...hell, i didn't even expect one to be honest lol

Plus, KnS 2 and Cartagra?KnS sales were shit so I'm sure nobody really expected for that.Nice surprise.

Kinda unexpected to have so many black lilith titles...hell, i didn't even expect one to be honest lol

Plus, KnS 2 and Cartagra?KnS sales were shit so I'm sure nobody really expected for that.Nice surprise.

There has been a hint about partnership with Black Lilith from Kouryuu last month so it was to be expected. No surprise there. Though the lack of Taimanin Aisagi titles might disappoint some people.

And I was expecting Cartagra to be announced, their reaction has been pretty much a positive whenever someone asked about it.

Well, I will share my first impression about those titles:

1.Ruby Striker

Nukiage with length under 2h, this one seems more like an omake than normal vn.

2.Warrior Princess Asuka

Thanks to it`s only tag "Breast Expansion 3.0" I`m not expecting much, especially that I like my heroines flat.

3.Armored Warrior Iris

This one seemed familiar. After taking a short glance on screens I`ve remembered why I had this feeling of seeing it somewhere before, it`s all thanks to:

Animated

4.Valkyrie Svia

Same as before:

Animated

5.Space Pirate Sara

And one more time:

Animated

6.Kara No Shoujo 2

I`m 60% happy about this and 40% worried that I will need to refresh my memory about every character and everything that happened in 1st KnS, especially that main hero is the same and lots of his friends will probably reappear. Also I like the fact that it seems longer than its predecessor.

7.Cartagra

I don`t know much about this one, but based on other people reactions I`m also starting to look forward to it. Got to admit that tags like gore 3.0 or madness 3.0 are adding additional factor to await for.

8.Free Friends 1 and Free Friends 2

I`ve got mixed feelings about this one, but for sure I will try it. It all depends on main characters relation and depth of story backing all those h-scenes. Who knows maybe it will be surprisingly good.

Edited by Erika Furudo