Visual Novels Translation Status [06/30/2013]

Titles announced by Jast

Shiny Days (Anime VN)

My Girlfriend is the President Fandisc (too bad a lot of you already fapped to this raw)

Steins;Gate (fuck yeah, official localization and mentioned as the TOP priority)

Sweet Home (Nukige)

Sumeragi Bitch (Nukige. Same company as Sweet Home)

Raidy 3 (Tentacles)

Little Witch Romanesque --> Guess this was the surprising one Doddler mentioned.

Edited by desi
updated
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23:31:23 Q: (Censorship question)

23:31:27 A: We'll make an announcement as we go...

23:31:49 It won't exactly be starless but it'll be slightly a different product

23:31:57 we will certainly announced any changes we've had to make to any content

23:32:02 as always we have a development blog

23:32:09 whenever we're about to release a game, we'll make a note

Not surprising.

^

Shiny Days - meh, fuck that shit.

Osadai FD - about damn time.

S;G - do want.

Sweet Home - this ones isn't THAT bad, the art style a bit strange, though. There are worse nukige out there.

Sumeragi Bitch - Example of worse nukige.

Raidy 3 - I dunno, the first 2 were so-so. Guess I'll check it out for the yuri.

Little Witch Romanesque - Nice surprise, hopefully they get this one out fast and not fucking beta test it for years. Aroduc is a maniac so he should have it translated fast.

Nah, it was about Shiny Days. Because, well..., we witcher has pretty damn good intuition.

That's kind of ironic, since chaosone totally talked about Valkyria Chronicles 3 and not Shiny Days.

My impression:

1.My Girlfriend is the President FD from Alcot

I heard that the original game is really funny, so licensing the FD is always welcomed.

2.Steins;Gate from Nito+

As we have predicted, S;G is one of the 6 announcements. Jast stated that S;G is their top priority, which is fucking hilarious when we take a look at those titles they've been sitting on for ages. You would have expected THAT to be Jast top priority. Great move, Jast. Derp.

Anyway, S;G is likely to fall into the soon™ category, so, whatever. Unless you found a time machine, don't expect to see the release any time soon™.

3.Sweet Home ~H na oneesan wa suki desu ka?~ from CODEPINK

So Jast is doing shitty nukige now? They must have learned something from MG success with Boob Wars.

4.Sumeragi Bitch from CODEPINK

Same as above, except the title is a bit...bitchy.

5.Lightning Warrior Raidy 3 from Zyx

As I've predicted, they announced Raidy 3. (It's not like there's many title in their plate to choose from, though)

Anyway, I can't even bring myself to finish both Raidy 1 and 2. So yea, I will not play Raidy 3. ー( ̄~ ̄)ξ

6.Little Witch Romanesque from Littlewitch

Holy shit, would you look at that! Who would have expected it after all that KickStarter fiasco...

Anyway, I like this title the most out of all Jast announcements, but their line-up is rather weak so that's not saying much, sadly.

I will look forward to this. More Oyari's art is good. I'm glad that Aroduc will be working on it.

Overall, Jast announced 6 VNs but almost the entire half of it is shitty. There're no noteworthy titles other than S;G and Romanesque, so it feels kinda a bit lacking for me.

I don't count Shiny Days as VN.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Shiny Days-Meh

My Girlfriend is the President Fandisc-I didn't think anyone did fandisks, cool

Steins;Gate-I'm honestly surprised that all the people saying it would happen were right, I thought they were trolling

Sweet Home-Looks alright

Sumeragi Bitch-Looks shit

Raidy 3-FUCK YEAH!

Little Witch Romanesque-DOUBLE FUCK YEAH!

I`m incredibly happy about Romanesque, I had my eyes on it from a longer time. Osanai fandisc is also something to look forward to, but well... I`ve already played it raw :p. As someone who had finished Steins Gate literally a week ago I don`t get why they`re trying to re-translate it, the current translation is good enough. As for me the rest is not really interesting, especially Shiny Days, I still keep around the knife I bought while playing School Days to murder Makoto.

Why won't anyone license Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo already :/ *sigh*

Indeed. Ive read kanojo x kanojo x kanojo raw and i can confirm it would be a better choice in localizing than that sumeragi bitch thing.......................oh well.

This week for me

Jast and the epicdemic of "Soon"

Osadai FD: Yes finally, my wish came true (even it will be year ahead)

S;G: I havent finish all the routes so ok

Raidy3: i will check this one out

Little Witch: Now that something to look forward too!

as for MG le Nukige Nuker

Imouto Paradise: because I am pervert

and Harukoi

nothing else atm

but I guess Innocent Gray fan must be happy for 2 new titles

result imo Jast has better line up atm but who knew what MG will annouce at Otakon

Edited by Exsilon