Your choice?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice?

• Speakers
    • Headphones
    • Others?

Let everyone know that you're playing or just make it private? Please mention your speaker/headphones brand

I myself, prefer privacy. ATH CKP500, an iem..

*Update after such a long long time

Bumping super old thread, maybe this one could be a headphones recommendation thread..

Updating my rig, ATH M50S Le, Schiit Asgard, Schiit Valhalla, Fiio e7 through L7. They feeds clean and nice signal to my lovely Valhalla, and i bought cheap Sonic Gear Tattoo too, was a nice little speaker.

Getting Bifrost soon. I wonder if this is just me but, i personally think that i think i could hear something i couldn't after updating my rig, for some reasons i found that Kamidori Alchemy Meister's OST sounds pretty nice and relaxing (Sad to say that i haven't finished that game .. yet)

Edited by Shunrei
Trying to revive this dead thread

Mostly headphones, although I do have a pair of old Pioneer speakers hooked up to my record player. My go to pair of headphones is an Alessandro MS-1. I also have a Beyerdynamic DT150 around somewhere, usually not satisfied with the level of amping I get from my little CMOY for those, though. When I need sound isolation I stick in my Soundmagic PL30s.

Since I have my own room and I kept the volume to moderate, I mostly use speaker which is Yamaha MCR-B142 (connected via AUX and the laptop sit between the speakers)

mostly because of the comfortable factor. But I also use my Steelseries Flux headphone in online gaming and various other events that I feel like to.

And when outside or in need a complete noise cancellation I goes with UE TF-10

Mostly headphones, although I do have a pair of old Pioneer speakers hooked up to my record player. My go to pair of headphones is an Alessandro MS-1. I also have a Beyerdynamic DT150 around somewhere, usually not satisfied with the level of amping I get from my little CMOY for those, though. When I need sound isolation I stick in my Soundmagic PL30s.

CMOY? I heard that name somewhere, well it seems like you're not only expert in computer hardware. Well, I guess headphones and amps are computer hardware as well.

I use headphones. Nothing too fancy or expensive though. Beyerdynamic DT 235.. got it last year and has been very good for the price.

Beyer's a pretty good brand, my bought a headphones from them and sounds pretty good to my ears, a DT 770

As i live with my gf i dont really need to worry about privacy so its up to personal taste. I use Astro A40 headphones if i feel like using headphones though. Normally all sound is on my 7.1 , but yea. So i guess a bit of both?

Well.. I see, i kind of wanting to play through speakers as well but, well..i might go crazy if i play Eroges with such sensations.

Since I have my own room and I kept the volume to moderate, I mostly use speaker which is Yamaha MCR-B142 (connected via AUX and the laptop sit between the speakers)

mostly because of the comfortable factor. But I also use my Steelseries Flux headphone in online gaming and various other events that I feel like to.

And when outside or in need a complete noise cancellation I goes with UE TF-10

Ah, one for each occasion, that's pretty nice. Steelseries, aren't they gaming headphones with virtual surround or stuff? Sounds pretty nice, kind of wanting to have that kind of headphones back then.

This. I barely use headphones anymore because it's summer and headphones + high temperatur = death.

Well, wonder if wearing headphones and then sweating has a healthy effect to my ears.. if it does, maybe i'll give it a shot..

Most of the time i use my headphones, Roccat Kave 5.1.

My speakers is only for da musicz :p

Sounds like an expensive headphones, If my memory serves me right, Roccat produce high end computer accessories and stuff. Not yet a hardcore computer gamer so i'll stick with my low end wireless Logitech's stuff.

I usually play at night and the walls are thin so I use headphones, Wesc bongo.

An ideal environment if i may say, cold night, headphones, Eroges.. and stuff. Wesc bongo, i think first time i hear about it.

Edited by Shunrei
CMOY? I heard that name somewhere, well it seems like you're not only expert in computer hardware. Well, I guess headphones and amps are computer hardware as well.

Ooh, DT 770s? If you don't have a headphone amp you might consider getting one, those are supposed to be pretty sweet with sufficient juice. I wouldn't recommend the CMOY :p

Ah, one for each occasion, that's pretty nice. Steelseries, aren't they gaming headphones with virtual surround or stuff? Sounds pretty nice, kind of wanting to have that kind of headphones back then.

Yep those are gaming headphone, as for the virtual surround you would need their USB external soundcard which I dont really like it that much so my SS headphone function as a normal headphone. They work great for gaming but for serious music listening there are lot of better alternative. Take SaruDa's MS-1 for example.

I guess I have to get one of Grado headphone someday...

Ooh, DT 770s? If you don't have a headphone amp you might consider getting one, those are supposed to be pretty sweet with sufficient juice. I wouldn't recommend the CMOY :p

My friend has one, Magnum something, and it does sound pretty good to my ears. Back then, i never thought that headphones could sound like that. It did cost a bit more though.

Yep those are gaming headphone, as for the virtual surround you would need their USB external soundcard which I dont really like it that much so my SS headphone function as a normal headphone. They work great for gaming but for serious music listening there are lot of better alternative. Take SaruDa's MS-1 for example.

I guess I have to get one of Grado headphone someday...

Ah i see, virtual surround devices right? Someone mentioned about it back then. I think headphones with virtual surround might sound interesting, since that'd make movies more engaging and fun, maybe i should get one.

I have to be pretty mobile so I use headphones (the walls are quite thin so I'd probably be shot if I used speakers). I have a pair of wee Steinhauser ones that are compact and decent quality, good for travel. I use my Bose QC15 most of the time since they're really great quality and cancel most background noises.

I have to be pretty mobile so I use headphones (the walls are quite thin so I'd probably be shot if I used speakers). I have a pair of wee Steinhauser ones that are compact and decent quality, good for travel. I use my Bose QC15 most of the time since they're really great quality and cancel most background noises.

Steinhauser and Bose, haven't tried them yet. This Bose QC15, noice cancelling headphones? I heard there are noise cancelling headphones and they use battery, producing some kind of static noises to reduce the outside noise.

They'll explode someday...healthy enough?

Explode? I thought that sweating a bit would have same effect as working out.

I prefer headphones, though the ones I use are pretty loud with leakage at normal volumes.

I heard full sized headphones eliminate most noises, maybe you'll find it interesting.

Haha that's my MS-1s all the way. You can hear the music just as well from either side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9332[/ATTACH]

Open Headphones?

When I'm alone and I just wanted to blast music or playing a game (not VNs), I use my laptop's speakers (MSI GE620DX), which are pretty good on stock (has THX surround), but I modded it with Realtek Gamespirit drivers, which combines SRS, Sonic Focus, Dolby and DTS options, all rolled into one. When I need privacy, especially for those certain VN scenes, I use my Razer Orca headphones. Very nice and comfortable to use. Plus, those Gamespirit drivers still take effect even with headphones!

When I'm alone and I just wanted to blast music or playing a game (not VNs), I use my laptop's speakers (MSI GE620DX), which are pretty good on stock (has THX surround), but I modded it with Realtek Gamespirit drivers, which combines SRS, Sonic Focus, Dolby and DTS options, all rolled into one. When I need privacy, especially for those certain VN scenes, I use my Razer Orca headphones. Very nice and comfortable to use. Plus, those Gamespirit drivers still take effect even with headphones!

Hardcore gaming headphones for VNs? Now that's...

I am lacking in information in gaming headsets but i think i know Razer and they sell some hardcore gaming tools.

i use headphones, cheap ones at that, its called iball or something. Comfortable and lasted quite a bit.

I own a cheap headphones and it lasts quite a bit too, losing plenty of its original parts but still working.. quite a surprise that headphones costs around ten dollars could lasts this long.

• 1 year later...