Visual Novel Translation Status [07/14/2013]

While we're on the subject of Japanese writting, do you know what format are the words for VNs? Kanji or Hiragana?

Both? And Katakana? I'm close to 100% certain they use all three in most works, with the more "literary" works using more unusual kanji.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in other words:"got only a PSP and want to play Super Danganronpa 2 in english?Fuck you,go buy a Vita.Oh,they won't release either because the first game sold bad even though you showed your support and you bought the first game?Double fuck you".Really,forcing you to buy a system which hasn't gotten enough interesting games to justify a purchase yet(though I'm really interested on Gravity Rush)is a huge middle-finger to everybody who actually imported both(or at least the second game)for the PSP.What's worse:Japan will get both games on Vita in the same package,while NISA will only release the first game that everyone is already playing in english on the system that they will ignore...Seriously,if NISA said they would release both games on both systems,I wouldn't even mind and would even buy them again for my PSP,even if for the PSP was digital release only.

Well you can get the 2nd game and just play it using this as a translation (I'm planning to do this after I finish the 1st one). No big deal.

oh no..

idiots with the patch >.>

Translators:

Aaeru (4%) , Mare (AB)(12.6%), pabloc (8%~), Aggressor (70%~), Tromend (1.5%~).

yup..its the MACHINE TRANSLATION

Edited by ultimecea

There's a torrent up on Nyaa as well, can be merged together since it's the same files thus giving better speeds. :)

As for translation quality it seems a number of patches are planned already and a second translation might also be made but I'm not too bothered personally since I've played trough most of the initial MangaGamer releases so I'm used to it.

(Not much could be worse than the "translation" of those games such as Sandwiched Between My Wife and Her Sister, ha ha.)

(Shame not all the games got the updated translation treatment but I guess the probably rather few sales wouldn't have justified such a effort, unfortunately but understandable.)

EDIT: Well at least Mangagamer isn't cutting content such as Jast have done, at least not yet.

(And I believe this particular game is only published by them, editing, translation and other work is done by MoeNovel.)

EDIT: Translation seems OK so far, of course "so far" is about five minutes into the game and the character being attacked by a duck or at least something resembling a duck, hah.

EDIT: Still not out of what seems to be the introduction of the game (No choices so far either, guy woke up after a dream and went shopping which introduced yet another girl.) pretty long intro but so far the game seems to be pretty good, translation still seems quite good but I have no idea what's edited, re-translated or just slightly changed from the original script.

http://s19.postimg.org/50eisin4v/Adv_HD_exe_2013_07_15_11_40_45_049.png http://s19.postimg.org/wc9rturvj/Adv_HD_exe_2013_07_15_11_41_49_784.png

http://s19.postimg.org/mg8ou7m3j/Adv_HD_exe_2013_07_15_11_42_59_396.png http://s19.postimg.org/6xb8x3dsv/Adv_HD_exe_2013_07_15_11_45_42_802.png

http://s19.postimg.org/7ybhm7usf/Adv_HD_exe_2013_07_15_11_47_47_614.png http://s19.postimg.org/x6wbfvzq7/Adv_HD_exe_2013_07_15_11_48_32_407.png

Edited by jbeckman
Well you can get the 2nd game and just play it using this as a translation (I'm planning to do this after I finish the 1st one). No big deal.

Waddafak.I used that same guy's lp to read through the first game before it was translated but i had no idea he did the second game too.Thanks for the tip man, imma go read that shit :p

EDIT: ON second thought, seems like I won't read it after all.Unlike the first LP, this one is not done yet and it takes forever for the guy to update it (although it's pretty certain that he will finish it eventually).I mean, he started it on december of the last year and still hasn't hit the halfway point =/

I read the first one cause it was complete, but there's nothing worse than cliffhangers on a fucking mistery novel so I'll refrain from this one =(

Edited by Soren619

The Moenovel translation isn't half bad actually. The restoration translation however reminds me of Edelweiss before MG fixed it. Well actually not quite that bad but it's close to being that bad. Either it was done by someone who wasn't a native english speaker or it's a machine translation that someone tried to clean up. Thankfully I've really only run into it mainly during the H scenes and really they are such a small part of the story that it's not a big deal. I admit reading them is extremely amusing though.

MGQ3 partial patch should be out tomorrow

I’m planning on releasing the first patch on Wednesday night (7/17), from around 6 to 8pm EST. It will cover everything from the start of Part 3 until a little over a third into the game. It includes the two patches that Torotoro has released so far. It also contains all of Part 1 and Part 2 for combining them all into one, but I haven’t exhaustively gone through the first 2 parts of the game with this combination yet, so random bugs may occur in those first 2 parts until I have a better chance of testing through them.

City: 2756/15603

Story: 11288/27500

Battle: 33984/88600

Encyclopedia: 41/103

Total: 48069/131806 (36.5%)

MGQ3 First Patch Date | RogueTranslations

The Moenovel translation isn't half bad actually. The restoration translation however reminds me of Edelweiss before MG fixed it. Well actually not quite that bad but it's close to being that bad. Either it was done by someone who wasn't a native english speaker or it's a machine translation that someone tried to clean up. Thankfully I've really only run into it mainly during the H scenes and really they are such a small part of the story that it's not a big deal. I admit reading them is extremely amusing though.

It's done by using machine translation... I think.

When grisaia is finished will it posted on sunday with all the other updates or the day its completed which shouldn't be too far off?

Damnit i was going to answer your question but i misplaced my crystal ball somewhere... Anyways no one knows when grisaia's patch will be out. Could be end of the month , could be end of next month if the editor is decides to be extra lazy. Thats anybody's guess. You should try asking koestl himself on his twitter though.

The game was already posted, once the patch comes out it will be both posted in both new sunday thread and in the post with the game. Also most probably it will be posted by someone in current( as in future one) thread.

When grisaia is finished will it posted on sunday with all the other updates or the day its completed which shouldn't be too far off?

I'm certain someone will post in here or another thread to share the news, just like what we all did for rewrite and every other big release in the past. Unless they all got cursed by Butler's hate and end up disappearing one by one. Though, the actual update will only be added on translation status list on Sunday, as usual.

The Japanese ISO of Grisaia was already uploaded in here long ago, and the English patch will be uploaded too when they actually released it.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf