Yumina the Ethereal: The first high-profile official H-RPG release in English

I wasn't trying to make an exact comparison in terms of quality, but rather a difference in elements (extra being a goofy story, alternative being a very serious story) I have actually read that review, and I guess the best comparison in terms of quality/elements I can come up with from my limited experience would in fact be a comparison to dual savior (having liked it quite a bit for what it was)

That said, I'll reserve actual judgement (as opposed to initial assessment) for when I have actually tried the game. I certainly don't expect a bad product at all, but rather I was hoping for a serious story as opposed to the degree of comedy which this seems to exhibit.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the gameplay look above avarage when compare to other vn with gameplay (at least vn that are translated)

so it got decent gameplay mechanic and good artwork.

As for above posts about SD characters in the battle scenes, imo i dont see that as a problem at all.

there are many turned based battle which use this style, like those SD gundam G-Generation series.

There's two Japanese demos for the game. For some reason I can't fathom JAST doesn't appear to have plans to translate either of them. One of them is a combat trial, the other is the entire first chapter of the game. With the translated scripts in hand and the engine already hacked, I'd think translating either of them would be a simple task. If there's enough interest, I could play through the combat trial in Japanese and try to explain the system.

This game looks promising, but then again it can just be dissapointing like a lot of "high rated" vn i have played

And the art looks kinda loli, i'll just wait to get it for free and if i like it i'll buy it to support the creators...

and the pink haired girl looks just like emelita from Kamidori

• 3 weeks later...

JAST just released a major website update, including a free trial of the entire first chapter (!), an image gallery, a prominently displayed official OP (sadly without subtitles), the manual (which discusses the gameplay mechanics), and system requirements. The website layout is completely redesigned: visually it's very appealing. The system section is still under construction.

The free trial includes the entire first chapter of the game, clocking in at a whopping 1.4GB. The website is really looking good now; I recommend that everyone interested in the game check it out. The manual provides some new details on the combat system.

Yumina the Ethereal - Official Website by JAST USA

The new release date is August 30th.

Edited by sanahtlig
  • 3 weeks later...
I have a question.

How does having sex with the boss to romance with the main characters?

It is required or you should avoid?

Welcome to the amazing world on VNs/Anime, where being nice to a girl get's you to bang her, you ALWAYS have 3-7 girls (Over 20 on some cases....See Shin Koihime Musou) wanting to get in your pants, and when you rape them the fall head over heels for you.

Enjoy!!!

I have a question.

How does having sex with the boss to romance with the main characters?

It is required or you should avoid?

I don't know for sure what impact the decision has, but if you're going for Kirara's route it would seem like a good idea to humor her.

Got a e-mail saying this was ready for download so I guess the full game is released now. :)

EDIT: Patch for the disc version, adds subtitles to the epilogue (100% completion.) movie, it's not needed for the download version which is already up to date.

http://jastusa.com/blog/2013/08/30/yumina-update-patch-available/

Edited by jbeckman

I'm not very used to RPG in general and the only RPG vn I played is Utawarerumono, but in the near future I'd like to start a new one so... which do you think has the best gameplay among Yumina, Kamidori and Sengoku Rance? I'm under the impression that Rance is liked better and that Kamidori would still be better than Yumina but I have little knowledge of these games.

Rance is by far the best nv i have played taking only the rpg perspective, i have finished it like 7 times now and can't get tired of it.

Kamidori is ok, the first time you play it you'll have a good time, but it will get kinda tired on the 2nd playthrough

And i haven't played Yumina yet (is on the queue waiting after Corpse party) but i guess it will be the same as Kamidori

I'm not very used to RPG in general and the only RPG vn I played is Utawarerumono, but in the near future I'd like to start a new one so... which do you think has the best gameplay among Yumina, Kamidori and Sengoku Rance? I'm under the impression that Rance is liked better and that Kamidori would still be better than Yumina but I have little knowledge of these games.

Kamidori and Rance are both EXCELLENT when it comes to gameplay. The story in Rance is better than Kamidori's (or so it seems. Not very far into Kamidori but its nothing stellar) plus you have Rance, the coolest MC ever.

Kamidori has a shit load of weapons, leveling up and stuff, so if you like gameplay over story then thats what you want.

Long story short, once you played Utawarerumono and Rance, youve played the best RPG VNs out there (Utawarerumono is my #1 VN :p)

Edited by Yachi
Rance is by far the best nv i have played taking only the rpg perspective, i have finished it like 7 times now and can't get tired of it.

Kamidori is ok, the first time you play it you'll have a good time, but it will get kinda tired on the 2nd playthrough

And i haven't played Yumina yet (is on the queue waiting after Corpse party) but i guess it will be the same as Kamidori

Not sure if i'll give Yumina a spin later on , probably , but not a huge priority.

As a sidenote , how are you liking Corpse Party?

As a sidenote , how are you liking Corpse Party?

I haven't played it yet, i'll start it as soon as im done with tales, im looking forward to it since i gave it to a friend and he said i have to play it asap

Long story short, once you played Utawarerumono and Rance, you've played the best RPG VNs out there

I second this as well

Edited by Maoh