Favorite things in Eroges (complex's and stuff) and most hated things in VN

I'm making this thread out of a sort of weird curiosity. I have always been really picky when it comes to Eroge's, I kind of hope I'm not the only one. I've seen people who love VN's no matter what happens in them, whether someone dies, gets raped, murdered, etc. etc. I always hated that kind of stuff. Though, I might be weird for saying this, but I'm a big fan of loli's and imouto's. I know I'm not the only one. I've always liked moege Eroge's compared to a more serious one. Too much drama? Not for me. Rape? Not for me. Heroine/ protagonist dying? Not for me. So I pose this question to you all. What do you absolutely love in Eroge's and what makes an Eroge horrible/ unplayable. Not looking for any hate, just a curious question.

I'm not that picky when it comes to Visual Novels but that's mainly due to the fact that I already reached the point where you don't have any good titles (translated) left to play. There are of course some things I like or dislike. I'm for example the kind of person who enjoys serious stories with a rather dark setting more than simple moege stuff. This doesn't mean that I don't play light hearted games at all because they can be very enjoyable if you want to recover from some plot heavy titles. I also don't care for the sex scenes which means that I usually avoid nukige, because of obvious reasons. As for extreme stuff like rape, suicide and murder, it depends. Especially a dying character can turn the story into a emotional roller coaster. I'm not a fan of rape though but gore CAN be fine if it's placed correctly. What else to say? Oh right, the characters and my fetishes. I like imouto as well but not tsundere which means that I'm pretty much fucked because nearly all imouto are tsundere. Dammit. I'm usually falling for rather shy or reserved characters, because of whatever reasons. And somethimes they're so reserved that they're just side characters without any screen time or routes. Fuck it. But yeah, I actually don't prefer a specific kind of character, they just have to be interesting. What I don't like is childish behaviour, over-reacting and arrogant characters, idiots, perverts (so 90% of all protagonists) and girls with huge boobs. Boobs, the perfect chance to move forward to my fetishes. I prefer heroines with smaller boobs (B->C->A) but not totally flat chests. Long hair (especially white) is also epic. Then there's also heterochromia. Kitsune and monster girls in general are also hot. And last but not least, sibling incest. 3D is totally NOT my cup of tea but 2D, fuck yeah.

I'm not that picky when it comes to Visual Novels but that's mainly due to the fact that I already reached the point where you don't have any good titles (translated) left to play. There are of course some things I like or dislike. I'm for example the kind of person who enjoys serious stories with a rather dark setting more than simple moege stuff. This doesn't mean that I don't play light hearted games at all because they can be very enjoyable if you want to recover from some plot heavy titles. I also don't care for the sex scenes which means that I usually avoid nukige, because of obvious reasons. As for extreme stuff like rape, suicide and murder, it depends. Especially a dying character can turn the story into a emotional roller coaster. I'm not a fan of rape though but gore CAN be fine if it's placed correctly. What else to say? Oh right, the characters and my fetishes. I like imouto as well but not tsundere which means that I'm pretty much fucked because nearly all imouto are tsundere. Dammit. I'm usually falling for rather shy or reserved characters, because of whatever reasons. And somethimes they're so reserved that they're just side characters without any screen time or routes. Fuck it. But yeah, I actually don't prefer a specific kind of character, they just have to be interesting. What I don't like is childish behaviour, over-reacting and arrogant characters, idiots, perverts (so 90% of all protagonists) and girls with huge boobs. Boobs, the perfect chance to move forward to my fetishes. I prefer heroines with smaller boobs (B->C->A) but not totally flat chests. Long hair (especially white) is also epic. Then there's also heterochromia. Kitsune and monster girls in general are also hot. And last but not least, sibling incest. 3D is totally NOT my cup of tea but 2D, fuck yeah.

Finally, someone who agree's with me that b-c cups are better than D+ I prefer smaller boobs. must be from my petite fetish.

Finally, someone who agree's with me that b-c cups are better than D+ I prefer smaller boobs. must be from my petite fetish.

Well, it's just that heroines are supposed to be hot so they're of course thin. And a thin girl with huge boobs looks totally wrong and unattractive.

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing I hate in VNs is when the best girl doesn't get a route. Maybe my tastes are just bizarre, but there's always some side character that interests me most and is completely ignored. Why even bother drawing up a sprite for them if they're not important?

The only thing I hate in VNs is when the best girl doesn't get a route. Maybe my tastes are just bizarre, but there's always some side character that interests me most and is completely ignored. Why even bother drawing up a sprite for them if they're not important?

Yes! where was my Taiga route in Fate? My Nyarlothep route in Demonbane? My Kouzuki route in Kiminozo? My Akiko route in Kanon? My full-blown Sanae route in Clannad?

Yes! where was my route for...

- Kurata Sayuri

- Kareha and Mayumi Thyme

- Kuu and Silviana

- Caster

- Ibarazaki Emi's hot mother

- Etheldreda

- Maris Stella

- Ren

- Petrushka

- Yashiro Kasumi and Suzumiya Haruka

She has a route in Really? Really! and that's the only reason why I'll play this game.

She's a main heroine in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, an apperantly awesome game...which isn't translated.

Hmm let see, I am not that picky about the eroges that I will gave it a read. Unlike OMA I still have ton of VN to reads but not too much time to do so.

I tend to read VN in one long session then stop for quite sometime (even weeks or so).

As for the preference at first I am mostly stick to those "Vanilla slice of life school love comedy theme" but overtime I start reading other style as well

notably the Higurashi series that made me hooked into the mystery/horror theme as well. Overall my reading preference is quite wide.

Also I have once consider reading an Otome VN just to see why some women really love it (one of my friend) but it is yet to be done

moving on the complex huh?

I have to said I lean toward loli with twintails combo as well as siscon because why the hell not?

OMA also state about the boob size so I am moderate to small size nothing too massive

that is all for now

I thought they both had routes in Shuffle Essence, along with like 3 or 4 other characters

Yeah but it's very unlikely that we'll see a translation of essence.

Also I have once consider reading an Otome VN just to see why some women really love it (one of my friend) but it is yet to be done

The only otome game I read until now is The Second Reproduction and it was quite enjoyable.

I've only read the good end for Demon Lord Gardis (because Grisaia happens), but so far it was fairly decent. I wish they focus more on the lore and history, the fantasy setting, the war and politics, the relationship between different races, and expand the scenario into something more grandiose since there's potential. But I guess I shouldn't have expected a stellar storytelling.

Christina attitude is very amusing I've fun reading her lines. Gardis is a pretty cliche character all-around but it works for TSR so I guess in the end it's alright. The sound quality for Lezette voice is incredibly horrible so my suggestion is to turn it off. Seriously, a muted Lezette is a good Lezette.

Anyway, this otome title is pretty good if you want some light reading.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

things i love:

Mystery

infodumping (even better when related to mystery)

Heriones with long dark hair, preferably tsundere/kuudere/Touko

Heterochromia

(reasonable) utsuge

things that bug me:

Donkan/weak MC

too high an amount of death and loser flags (rip g-kun)

Things i hate:

nerotare (only if it doesn't make sense why)

It's pretty good, although I find the main character a little bit irritating for reasons. It does amuse me to call her a main heroine since her sister has about 4 endings, while she only has 1. Heck, even random nurse-san has 2 endings.

It's better to have one proper route than 4 shitty ones ... although I've absolutely no glue what I'm talking about.