Violet Hill: A Community VN Project - Development

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...next best thing to having an eye patch...

...meh. I wanted a kuudere yakuza eyepatch katana wielding heroine... upupupuu... :'(

Eyepatches...hmm eyepatches...

If I do make a fandisc, I'm guessing I'll include an eyepatch heroine..

But I wonder what's so great about eyepatches! X3

You guys should have voted upon eyepatch heroine XD

well I guess Gerry did vote on it... :p

Edited by Helvetica Standard
But I wonder what's so great about eyepatches!

Idk the exact reason for me liking them, it's just a little preference that I like, it adds mystery to the character and makes them stick out from the group ( Which is something I also like ) I guess I just like them having some kind of abnormality xD

Idk the exact reason for me liking them, it's just a little preference that I like, it adds mystery to the character and makes them stick out from the group ( Which is something I also like ) I guess I just like them having some kind of abnormality xD

what? eyepatches = +100 to mystery

following this, he is very mystery guy, isn't he?

http://howsyourrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/nick-fury-photo-avengers-eyepatch.jpg

btw. do you like emo characters? do you mean those boring characters who are always quiet, don't talk to anybody and ofc nobody understands them, right? oh yeah. they are amazing!

Clearly you haven't played Ef. Also, i thought you said you liked her as a heroine, but not the route, so.. O:

Shush, butler's bait. Also, instead of like, I prefer the word "indifference". O:

It's still true that I don't like eye patch heroine though.

My backlog is massive anyway, even after Nitro+ titles marathon. I might read Ef if MG released the latter tale one day.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Update: Satsuki's route framework is written down. Now what's left is to incorporate her to the script.

It'll be difficult since classic tsunderes events must be handled with care.

BIG BIG UPDATE: ADDING CG'S! well, sort of..I got the hang of customizing the "pose mode" of my 3DCG client and I've gotten fairly good at doing custom poses :D

that said, there'll be close up kisses and a few event CG's... and......... P A N T Y S H O T S !!!! x3 yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Lets gouuu :3

Will there be an onsen scene and a hanabi festival? :3 Please say yes, okay.

An onsen scene sound very attractive, but... more sprites, ugh... ok ok, let's do it. I'll work on it when the important parts are done (the 5 girls' routes)

i want to do the festival scene so bad, but I lack 3DCG garments for it (kimono's) I have a miko dress, do you think that'll do it? (recolor it differently for all girls?)

Screenshots for new additions!

The main characters will frequent a local cafeteria. :3

Shoutbox members named this cozy cafe as: "Wakamoto Express"

http://i.imgur.com/pGhw7Zn.png

Added close-up shots for special scenes (kisses too, but not posting that as it is SPOILERS)

http://i.imgur.com/bU9OUqa.png

ADDED CG'S!!! somewhat :p at least is far better than no CG's at all! VIVA 3DCG "pose mode"!!!

CG's will appear on a darkened background and will have a noticeable transition effect to tell

the reader that they were in fact CG's. I'll add more as I advance the story :D

http://i.imgur.com/PiqO6Yx.png

http://i.imgur.com/iR0ysra.png

http://i.imgur.com/7JMQ1EX.png

as you can see, pantyshots are included!

Planned: onsen scene

Considering: matsuri scene

Helper's corner, Update:

If you have time and willing to contribute with the VN I will gladly accept your help!

Your name will appear on the credits, and special thanks screen! plus I will be forever grateful :3

People actively helping so far:

Editor: Chocolatemilkgod

Proofreader/QC: desi, Kaskade

Confirmed beta testers: erogeking, yachi

Resources:Graphics- xandyr44

Songs:ED song lyrics- OneManArmy

Many, many thanks guys! I love you all :3

So far I'm just doing cosmetic stuff to make it look prettier aka being a busy body. Here's some samples of the sprites nothing big yet.

Ooooh,

. The changes are subtle, but I definitely like the improvement. The hand-drawn aesthic helps to break up that was mainly solid colour before, which is pretty :). Not sure whether I like the changes just to the hair or to the whole uniform yet, though. Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
Ooooh,
. The changes are subtle, but I definitely like the improvement. The hand-drawn aesthic helps to break up that was mainly solid colour before, which is pretty :). Not sure whether I like the changes just to the hair or to the whole uniform yet, though.

I think the same. I like the filter for the hair as it was my only gripe with the 3D renders making it look like made of plastic.

Made a decision Xandyr-san, let's go with hair filter only, diffuse glow and full body filter look nice but we lose definition.

I'll send you the .png files for you to edit once I finish some stuff I need to do :)