Need Help Problems playing MPEG files inside the game

okay guys, this time I know the problem but don't know how to solve it.

basically when my game program try to play video, the .exe crashed....

anyone know why and how to fix this? thx

for example, I want to play Henshin!!! ~Pantsu ni Natte Kunkun Peropero~

after install it, I start the game, and just when the game attempt to play some MPEG files from folder, it crashed

Edited by webdriver
addition

K-Lite tends to break things. Install CCCP and open the ffdshow video decoder menu (should be on your start menu). From there, search the video formats area and find the format that causes you trouble, then select a different rendering type. I don't remember what they are called now since I haven't updated CCCP in the VMs since a long time, but changing that should make it work.

Basically, you want ffdshow to avoid managing MPEG videos and let the problematic VN render it by its own. Some VNs tend to screw up when an external codec tries taking control.

CCCP's defaults might work out of the box though, so give that a shot beforehand.

EDIT: Another tip - if you don't care about videos that are in open formats that you can play with your video player anyway (WMV, AVI, MPEG, whatever) you could try renaming the files to anything else so that the game won't be able to find them.

Most games simply skip the video, while a few quit with an unrecoverable error. It's a matter of trying it out. :]

Edited by ret