What eroge do you wish was more popular?

Not sure if someone already made a thread about this but whatever. YOLO

So I just wondered what VN you guys think caught on a little more? Like maybe something great was over shadowed by its popular brother like Umineko and Higurashi

Or maybe it didn't do so well in Japan. It doesn't have to be a translated eroge just anything that didn't get the attention it deserved. Just state the eroge you wish was more popular and give a reason why you think it isn't.

I guess the only thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn't say how much popular it should be in the west. Like how Da Capo is big in Japan but not here since eroges in general are not popular at all here unless for example you find something interesting that people would like (Dangan Ronpa and Phoenix Wright for example)

In my opinion I think Soul Link should get a hell of a lot more attention especially since it reminds me a hell of a lot of Fate Stay Night because of all the bad endings. But I think the main reason why this didn't get any of the attention it needed was because of how Shuffle is popular as fuck and nobody really cares about Soul Link I guess. Which is odd because MangaGamer licensed it and all.

I wish the short vn's (like true remembrance, may sky, collage, narcissu, red shift, etc). I love reading those, they may not have the best artwork, and they are usually unvoiced, but they have such awesome stories. The one i've recently read and loved, may sky, it was so full of vibrant imagery, the two character interacting with each other felt so fresh, it was very immersive, and, i loved the execution (i was almost holding my breath at one or two points in the story). And lets compare that with what i'm currently reading..guy falls into the world and immediately allies with beautiful female generals to fight other female generals and engage in you-know-what. yea, big difference, so its nice to have that kind of change once in a while.

another thing i must point out, since i am disconnected from japanese markets, and even from vn/eroge fanbase, when i say "popular" i don't necessarily mean popular in the market..it just has to be something noticeable for me..which is..idk :p

Maimu is an eroge published by Squadra D. Someday I'll upload the trailer on Youtube. :cool:

The story and the main character are a bit unrealistic, but the girls are beautiful and well characterized. :)

And of course the romantic VN published by Symphony a few years ago, Ojousama Kumikyoku! :o

Here's the trailer:

And... don't worry, I'll not repeat again and again and again Pure Doll, I don't want to bore you all! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Dysfunctional Systems. Yeah, a OELVN, but a pretty good one. There's a kickstarter for a sequel right now, and I hope they make it. Japanese one I'd say Eve:Burst Error. Pretty old but a solid story with entertaining characters.

Hard to say... There's Higurashi, in that the anime certainly is a lot more popular than the visual novel, which is quite unfortunate. Of course the series as a whole is very popular, but a lot of that comes from the anime. :/ And it's worse than the VN.

But other than that I might say Forest as well. It's a really strange VN that you'll either love or hate I'd say, and I have this feeling that not enough people give it a chance.