The Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

Hey everyone! For those following the eroge news forums of the past week or two, you may know who I am. For those of you that don't, I'm TheRetroGoat, manager of the Shin Koihime Musou translation project. Hopefully the name gives away what we're doing.

I decided to basically make a thread here to help make those interested in following the project easier, as well as answer questions, address concerns, things like that.

We've also got a Facebook page, The SKM Project, which I post info and bios on. Feel free to ask anything you want, I'm constantly checking all of the forums I'm aware of involving the project! We're working hard to get this game released for everyone.

Current percentages:

Translation

Story 100%

Character Events 96.5%

H-scenes 23.4%

Total game 73%

Gi and Go routes are both translated except for the 18+ scenes, and Shoku only needs Rinrin events translated before we can add that route to the list.

Editing is currently stalled due to TL Checking issues.

Last Update: March 18th, 2016

Edited by TheRetroGoat
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't believe there is any rule on what type of photo may be shown. Considering what some people post at least... You can look into other threads that have picture posts to get an idea of what I mean if you haven't already. Also considering just what type of site this is. But, you could have SFW pics posted as you want, and NSFW in spoiler tags if you want. Don't think it will matter any way you do it.

Just don't post anything too rash of 袁術(美羽) and you should be good to go. Speaking of 袁術, how do you guys plan on dealing with her? Planning on describing her as the 18 year old midget? XD /sarcasm

Usually having multiple TLers in one game makes things quite messy but in this is case there shouldn't be any problems because the protag has a different personality (different character development except at start) in each faction.

Well, for the loli girls it seems to be that not mentioning age (if it is mentioned at all in the VN) is the best way to get around any potential problems like that. Considering some of the VNs that MG has released with girls that don't look anywhere close to 18 years of age... Well, best to just not mention it at all. Let the MG disclaimer do all the work. Similar to how the original played out.

@TheRetroGoat

One thing you can do to see how spoilers work is quote my post. You will see the spoiler tag code in there.

That's more or less our plan. They're totally no less than 18. Even if they don't look the part.

Also, our entire team is constantly chatting and brainstorming together, so this won't be one of those games where it's glaringly obvious that different people have worked on different parts.

Kauyuu scene is unfortunately not from Shin, that's a separate game. A fan-made nukige called Kayuu Musou, or something like that.

That being said, there are a lot of scenes in the pond and other bodies of water. I don't know if this fetisth exists, but if there are aquaphiliacs in the audience, good news.

Kauyuu scene is unfortunately not from Shin, that's a separate game. A fan-made nukige called Kayuu Musou, or something like that.

That being said, there are a lot of scenes in the pond and other bodies of water. I don't know if this fetisth exists, but if there are aquaphiliacs in the audience, good news.

Well i don't know...

I haven't played the game since it's untranslated..

MangaGamer released an official statement on the matter. Neat.

To save everyone the time, here's what was said:

Yes, the group did contact us about working together to make the release happen. As I mentioned before, there are a lot of hurdles towards Shin Koihime Musou's release - the sheer size of the project is the first to come to mind. The translation costs itself is already a huge investment for us. On the technical side of things, Nexton's in-house game engine isn't specifically made for English environments, and it's tough for them to make the necessary adjustments on their end as well. And some of you may recall, but the first Koihime Musou was originally released without voices because of complications in the licensing. It will also take some time to clear out that issue beforehand.

I haven't had the chance to take a personal look at the quality of the translation, as they say they are still in the process of making further edits to the script, but that's one thing we value above all else. If the translation quality doesn't cut it, we're not interested and we will tell any fan-translation group that they need to go back and redo it if they're still serious about seeing whatever project they're working on get an official release.

Our staff would love to see Shin Koihime Musou released, and we are working fairly regularly with different parties to try and figure out how we can approach the unique hurdles involved in its localization. If there's a quality fan-translation group willing to put in the work and work with us, we're willing to consider it as an option, but that does not mean it's the only option we're considering, nor does it guarantee the success of the project at the moment.

I remember the TL for koihime being quite "rough" (I thought it was horrid), so if that passed their standards then I don't think you guys have much to worry about... Unless they increased their standards :p.

The many dialects (including the created ones, and the cat language) will probably be the hardest to TL and stay true to the original text. It doesn't help that every polite form imaginable is mixed into the bunch, 尊敬語/絶対敬語/相対敬語/二重敬語... And then you have all the ones from 謙譲語 and 丁寧語. It's easy to understand when merely reading the text as the forms establish the speaker's position relative to the listener, but TLing into English is bleh... Have fun! XD.

May the blessings of the cat ninja be with you!

[spoiler=shin koihime musou cat ninja]

http://i.imgur.com/clKmaIY.jpg