The Shin Koihime Musou Translation Project

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As Vorthod said, our current plan is to do Moeshouden after we finish Shin Koihime Musou. We haven't started on it yet, but the original plan was for the translators to jump straight into it once they're done with SKM. Since we're still without a dedicated TL Checker, they'll probably have to stall that in order to TL Check each others work, but our next project is still intended to be Moeshouden.

As for the latest game, Koihime Eiyuutan, that does need to actually come out before we even consider it. If it's out before we're finished Moeshouden, than that will likely be our next project. However due to the sheer expected size of Eiyuutan, that's probably going to end up an even bigger challenge than Shin Koihime Musou. Again, we intend to do it, but let's let the game come out before we start assigning people to various routes.

I am really quite hesitant about giving out percentages out since, as mentioned before, there is a lot of work to do after progress hits "100%." for example: the rough translations we have now will absolutely need to be rechecked which basically means we will be starting the script over from the start to make sure that all the translations are actually accurate. However, as long as that is kept in mind, I can give you a basic overview of what the percentages look like thus far.

main story: 65%

side events: 62%

H-scenes: 9%

This isn't based on a line count or anything, I'm just looking at things like "145 of 241 side events have been translated." Certain characters have longer events than others, so this is not a perfect approximation (the average Kakouton/Kakouen event is double the length of the average Sonsaku event and this information is not being taken into account in this calculation)

• 1 month later...

With more information about Koihime Eiyuutan coming out, I would like to have it noted that while the interest is there, we will not be working on it the second it comes out.

It goes without saying that we have no intention of abandoning all projects to do the latest game. We want it just as much as you do, but we want to finish Shin and Moeshouden before we even try to do Eiyuutan.

That being said, if more translators want to join, I can promise that you will not be waiting for work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to give an update, I'm sorry we haven't said much on here guys. We've been keeping on and all that, but forum response was something I personally had been forgetting to do. It seems I even forgot to post a big update...

The main storyline for all Three Kingdoms have been translated. Shoku, Gi, and Go are all complete. We do still have to do the various base (or character if you'd prefer) events and the bonus route, but I figured being finished the main storyline would be an update many people wanted to hear. We're also still updating the manga regularly as well, for those who liked us on Facebook.

• 3 months later...
Okay, it's been a while since I've posted about the actual progress of the VN...But I really hate giving out numbers like this since they have backfired on me before, so at least let me preface this with my usual disclaimer: The numbers I am about to give represent nothing but the fraction of text files that have been rough-draft translated. They do not include any image files (save for the battle bios) and they do not represent accurate line counts, therefore potentially being skewed by scenes of abnormal length. Secondly, these do not represent any progress being made on the revision of translations or the editing of the scripts to be more usable in English. As long as we all can keep those things in mind, let's take a look at the progress.

main story: 89%

side events: 80%

H-scenes: 14%

Battle Bios: 100%

~Vorthod Wiler

Since they didn't post any updates here for a long time here is a quote from their page.

Please don't say that. There is a reason I typed out an entire paragraph detailing the fact that these numbers aren't accurate representations.

You guys don't believe you can finish it by the end of this year? Hm... I would guess you guys should be able to finish the last 30% of translation in about 6 months, giving you another 2 months to figure out the whole editing and revision. Oh well, doesn't matter, waited this long, can wait some more.