Visual Novels Translation Status [04/20/2014]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Shiny Days like School days where the MC makes you want to reach into the game and falcon punch him in the face?

Reminds that I still have to finish School Days. One year ago I played it for 40min and since then I never started it again.

Edit: Man, I'm using "Reminds that I still have to finish" a lot these days =(

Edited by OneManArmy
Summer Days is an alternate universe prequel to the game School Days, set in the summer holidays just prior to the timeline of School Days. All the original characters are present, except it assumes that they all first meet during the summer holidays as opposed to during the first year of school. Although Kotonoha and Sekai, the heroines of the first game, are both present, the main heroine is http://i.imgur.com/JZnAXVB.jpg

Shiny Days... Basically a remake of Summer Days with the addition of a new heroine http://i.imgur.com/gO1XMEQ.jpg

Sou iu koto da.

Also you get to fuck some milfs and there's Sonico-chan.

Edited by Chipp12

Now tell me where it states that all of this was done by Makoto.

upd. On the other hand it's quite possible but don't forget that VNs have a route system anyway.

Edited by Chipp12
Now tell me where it states that all of this was done by Makoto.

upd. On the other hand it's quite possible but don't forget that VNs have a route system anyway.

Makoto = worst MC in history..

There's less than a 1% possibility that he's gonna make up for it

^

Actually, the worst MC is probably this one Sawada Yusuke.

That guy is pathetic, sure. Makoto still takes the top spot as the worst protag all around imo.

Especially in the other games/manga where he really acts like a douche. Probably trying to be an antagonist but fails miserably.

^

Actually, the worst MC is probably this one Sawada Yusuke.

You probably don't understand the concept behind a Hetare Protagonist. It's not like the author fucked it up by accidentally forgeting his guns and superpowers. He is supposed to be a spineless wuss.

This is a Japanese thing many western gamers don't get. We are so used to hypermasculine space marines with more muscles than steroid abusers that the mere thought of a weak protagonist is considered bad writing...

The intention behind wimpy protags is to make the reader feel stronger than him. As eroge are mainly bought by insecure social-akward otakus, the developers want to give them a sense of superiority by making the protag extra worthless. Ironically it has the same effect as western power fantasies (strong hero soldier kills 50k terrorists), just with the opposite means.

^

I don't see the point in your explanation to be honest. By going with the "It's not like the author fucked it up by accidentally forgeting his guns and superpowers. He is supposed to be a spineless wuss." logic, all of the characters are written as intended. I compared his "suckness" to that School Days MC. Maybe you're implying that the School Days MC "happened by accident" and he was not supposed to turn out like that?

It doesn't make much difference in any case, the MC sucks no matter if it's intended or someone was holding the writer at gunpoint forcing him to write a character that like. Ah, one more thing. There's also this thing called opinion, but that's for another post. :>

You probably don't understand the concept behind a Hetare Protagonist. As eroge are mainly bought by insecure social-akward otakus, the developers want to give them a sense of superiority by making the protag extra worthless.

I don't want to stire up this discussion (because it's the wrong thread anyway) but a lot of people read VNs also for the story and having to deal with weak main characters lowers the enjoyment factor a lot. I'm very well aware that the majority of people read VNs more for the fap than the story but if someone describes Sawada Yusuke as one of the worst protagonists ever doesn't automatically mean that he/she doesn't understand the concept behind hetare protagonist. Me not liking NTR doesn't mean that I don't understand the concept behind it.

Also, it's fucking naive but basically it's not necessary to understand something to dislike or like it. For example, I like Desi but I've no fucking clue why.

Edited by OneManArmy