how did you end up in the world of eroge

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was seriously pissed when I bought the 3DS for the sole purpose of buying that new megaman legends game and then they cancelled the damn thing. Not gonna forgive that one easily.

But you feventually got five free ambassador games, right? Doesn't that calm your endless waves of rage?? *sarcasm*

I wonder if all japanese entertainment and media leads to eroge in the end? Puzzling... :confused:

Defiantly not my stepbro. He likes anime and Japan but he's not a fan of hentai, so he'll probably never get into eroge. On top of that he doesn't like reading more then necessary (so VNs are out) and he hates most RPG games unless it's an action RPG. And I have no idea if there is an action RPG Eroge out there anyways.

I said it wasn't an eroge, but it does use the style for the fate/stay night VNs for a lot of the text in the game. And how the crap does Elder Scrolls have no turns in it?

Maybe is should've said Oblivion or Skyrim. I have no idea what the first elder scrolls was like.

And I guess I don't fully understand what per se means then lol.

Iy means "Necessarily" And I have only played elder scrolls 4 and 5 as well, but those have twists and turns and ups and downs from beginning to end. At the beginning you choose whether to be a rebel or an imperial, and there a million other twists you can throw in. like join the dark brotherhood or destroy it.

Naw he wouldn't like that. I meant like an rpg with out any turns like the elder scrolls or Kingdom hearts. With fighting that's like that.

Plus thats not an eroge in any way.

Well if he likes arcade style fighting games, you could always bait him with melty blood. If he likes the Tsukihime universe, at least that's a starting point, right? Why am I trying to find ways to bring your stepbrother over to the eroge side?

Clannad. After looking through a bunch of videos in Youtube.

I came across a video of this VN.

Decided to check it out.

after playing it

and weeping...

I looked for more.

And then i encountered Eroge Download.

My first Eroge was My childhood friend is the president.

And thats how i ended up in the world of eroges with you fine gentlemen. :D

And thats how i ended up in the world of eroges with you fine gentlemen. :D

Gentleman us??:confused:

*looks at everyone*

No%u0025252520gentleman%252521.png

But, wait. Avenger is British.

What I think Avenger looks like.

3753395886_a590c5578c_o.jpg

What Avenger might really look like.

JUDE+2.JPG

What Avenger really looks like.

GentlemanofTroll.png

LOL, it's the closest so far.

Edited by Slasherturtle

*looks at everyone*

[ATTACH=CONFIG]910[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]912[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]911[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]913[/ATTACH]

nice troller

*looks at everyone*

[ATTACH=CONFIG]910[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]912[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]911[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]913[/ATTACH]

if you get it.jpg

Just another day. Good one slasher.

On topic: That was a good story, cerxer1. As a fellow writer of long posts, I welcome you! It's interesting to hear peoples stories on how they got here. I wonder if all japanese entertainment and media leads to eroge in the end? Puzzling... :confused:

Thanks for the welcome. I also believe that sooner or later any path you take, whether it be anime, manga, or Japan in general you will end up at eroge. There is no escape, and lets be honest, who the hell would want to escape ?

P.S.: I'll be sending a friend request your way if you dont mind

I've been an eroge fan for a while now, and for the longest time I didn't even know what that word meant.

I remember back in the day playing a game called Everquest in college that was this new type of game called mmorpg. I went home for the holidays one year in the early 2000's and my younger brother let me use his computer to play the game over the holiday. Installed on his computer was a game called May Club, and I started playing it late at night when the family had all gone to bed and I had nothing else to do. I ended up buying the 2-cd milky way collection from JAST USA around a year later, and from then I've been hooked. The collection is random(but decent) games that I probably wouldn't suggest to others to start a foray into VNs with, but they are how I first played this type of game.

I found erogedownloads about a year ago. I ended up downloading Koihime Musou and Fate/Stay night, both games I had immensely enjoyed the anime versions of. I've been downloading and enjoying games from the site ever since.

I was browsing Reddit and saw a post about Katawa Shoujo finally being released after being in development for ~5 years. I was curious as to what it was and downloaded it. I felt such an emotional connection to the game. After Katawa Shoujo i tried out VN's like G Senjou, Sharin no Kuni, Muv Luv, etc... i've enjoyed them all so far. So thats pretty much how i got into the whole eroge world... just by chance... I'm glad i did.