When the forum is big enough, Ivan will have to implement a system in wich new users who create new threads have to be approved first....like:

New user has to have 10 approved posts/threads in order to post normally, that system worked like charm in the other forum I was mod, a lot of spamming was avoided that way.

agree with this guy,e-cookies for him *hands down e-cookies*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the forum is big enough, Ivan will have to implement a system in wich new users who create new threads have to be approved first....like:

New user has to have 10 approved posts/threads in order to post normally, that system worked like charm in the other forum I was mod, a lot of spamming was avoided that way.

While I really agree with this idea, don't you think that some new users may feel discouraged while posting? Maybe it should be a little more lenient towards them; however, if excessive spamming, trolling, or the like continues to be a problem then I suggest banning.

Agreed. Can Ivan give somebody that type of power?

I'd suggest once we hit the 500 members mark we'll ask Ivan to appoint/elect (some) mod(s). Either by using a voting system where the users of the forum decide from a list of candidates or people who Ivan chooses directly.

Maybe he could appoint a Super Mod, who then oversees the election of normal mods to make sure it isn't abused?

Hmm, "Super Mod" has a nice ring to it. I agree if possible it would be good to have the Mods and someone who oversees them to make sure everything is being done properly.

:)

Hmm, "Super Mod" has a nice ring to it. I agree if possible it would be good to have the Mods and someone who oversees them to make sure everything is being done properly.

:)

I know that the MF forums do that, and that site has lasted for quite a long time. So at least it works if you get a good S-mod.

• 1 month later...
Blasphemy! All of my beautiful comments...you want to remove them? Well, fuck you too.

I don't know about you thinking all your posts are spam, but what I mean is e.g. Thread asks: "What do you like most?", Post says: "Hmm, I don't know.".

You could always remove the post count for that kind of post, like add in a extra button that says "Remove count" or something, less work than deleting something, atleast imo. Afterall, posting is all 4 them post counts :) Oh...i wasnt suppose 2 say that...