I need some advice. I'm going back to college in the fall and it's almost impossible to download VNs around the firewall, so I need to choose carefully which torrents to get before I leave. It's not a matter of how many, it's a matter of hard drive space. I already have 2.4/3 TB filled with VNs, so I need to choose carefully so I don't overload. I've also made a small key to help you guys understand my thought process. I've separated it into 3 categories based on when I think the games will be finished translating, based on how fast their % goes up per month. I've given different amounts of stars to the ones I THINK I should prioritize, and dashes to the ones I don't think I should worry about. The tags VNTLS means they are being tracked on this site, and "Live TL / Dead TL" are self explanatory... without any further ado, thanks for the help!

*** = definite download

** = Probable download

* = If time permits

- = future download

=====Completed Translation=====

**Ayakashibito

**Harukoi Otome ~Otome no Sono de Gokigenyou~ (This is the Koihime Musou spinoff)

-Edelweiss

-Kara no Shoujo

**Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina (Yumina the Ethereal)

-Melty Blood

-Orion Heart

**Princess Waltz

*Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji

-Soul Link

-Suika

-Todoroke Seiki no Daihatsumei Ai to Okori to Kanashimi no Himitsu Kessha Dai Ni Kagakubu

-Imouto Ijime

***Kangoku Senkan

***Tears to Tiara

**Saya no Uta

=====Translation by end of 2014=====

*Koiken Otome [Live TL] {VNTLS}

**Lamune [Live TL] {VNTLS}

**Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ [Live TL] {VNTLS}

***Soukou Kijo Iris (7-18-2014)

=====Translation Later than 2014=====

***White Album 2 [Live TL] {VNTLS}

-Hatsuyuki Sakura [Dead TL] {VNTLS}

*Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort [Live TL] {VNTLS}

-Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate [Dead TL] {VNTLS}

-Kurukuru Fanatic [Dead TL] {VNTLS}

***Shin Koihime † Musou ~Otome Ryouran ☆ Sangokushi Engi~ [Live TL]

**Concerto Note [Dead TL]

*Walkure Romanze ~Shoujo Kishi Monogatari~ [Live TL?] {VNTLS}

*Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake [Live TL] {VNTLS - MangaGamer}

**Amairo IsleNauts [Live TL] {VNTLS}

Hmm, I can't be certain. Could you supply us with some spreadsheets and a few pie charts so we can give you a more accurate suggestion? Thanks.

Edit: Also give us your estimate of the probability of the improbability of the chance that the TL might not occur in the time frame you have given. It may impact the choices greatly.

Harukoi Otome ~Otome no Sono de Gokigenyou~ (This is the Koihime Musou spinoff)

Tears to Tiara

Melty Blood

Princess Waltz

Shin Koihime † Musou ~Otome Ryouran ☆ Sangokushi Engi~ [Live TL]

^Not worth the download, like... seriously

Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina (Yumina the Ethereal)

^Good shit

Saya no Uta

^This should have like 1000 stars if not more

And i haven't played the rest

^Not worth the download, like... seriously

I thought Tears to Tiara was great, myself. Also thought Princess Waltz was decent, but didn't give you enough experience to level up the Card battles with to actually make them fun. It'll probably be a while before Shin KM materializes, so you can probably skip that.

you should find a proxy or vpn to bypass the firewall and when you find one give me the link i need one too Q.Q

fuck you china censorship,there still 3 weeks till i can go back to my sweet home Q.Q

please i'm desperated,i hate this censorship,i miss my freedom,i want to go back my sweet home

everynight i cry in a coner of this room for the lack of freedom on the web in this part of the globe

i'm even begin to pray to bypass this fucking censorship

if it didn't work the next thing i will try it would human sacrifice

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by ILoveYandere
I thought Tears to Tiara was great, myself. Also thought Princess Waltz was decent, but didn't give you enough experience to level up the Card battles with to actually make them fun. It'll probably be a while before Shin KM materializes, so you can probably skip that.

Princess Waltz has a fun gameplay and the story is not that bad but it becomes pretty bored easy, i'd download something else like corpse party, MGQ or planetarian (awesome game btw)

And TTT sucks as hard as a vacuum, the story is lame and the gameplay's shit, just my two cents tho

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've been using Hola Better Internet extension for Chrome (link) at my workplace to bypass our firewall (shhh!) for Facebook, 4chan and 9gag, just to name a few sites.

I dunno if it works for nationwide, ISP-wide or a well-configured router firewall though. And it sure as hell won't work for torrent and FTP protocols.

For everyone recommending that I do something to bypass the firewall - trust me, it's not doable. I've been a network designer for 6 years and I know that what you're asking can't be done so easily.

For everyone recommending to play what I've got first since I have 2.4TB of games - these are finished games or games I am currently playing

For the JCAII... that's actually a really good idea, but I can't afford that many CDs.

For everyone who gave the responses I was looking for - Thank you sincerely, can't wait for more.

ok my royal decree:

1.soul link is meh...im probably the only person who has played it here.....

2.tears to tiara is a sobby sack of shit

you should find a proxy or vpn to bypass the firewall and when you find one give me the link i need one too Q.Q

fuck you china censorship,there still 3 weeks till i can go back to my sweet home Q.Q

please i'm desperated,i hate this censorship,i miss my freedom,i want to go back my sweet home

everynight i cry in a coner of this room for the lack of freedom on the web in this part of the globe

i'm even begin to pray to bypass this fucking censorship

if it didn't work the next thing i will try it would human sacrifice

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

THIS IS FOR YANDERE and SHADOLANCE:

dear fapper here are 2 filter breaking softwares that i use when visiting china (i go there every 3 months)

FREEGATE https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=freegate&revid=82113484&sa=X&ei=rL-uU9uQBNjs8AXi1YCgAw&ved=0CKEBENUCKAA&biw=1366&bih=634

ULTRASURF https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ultra+surf&revid=82113484&sa=X&ei=rL-uU9uQBNjs8AXi1YCgAw&ved=0CKIBENUCKAE&biw=1366&bih=634

Edited by switch
=====Completed Translation=====

**Ayakashibito

*Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji

**Saya no Uta

Ayakashibito should have been made a mandatory read by now. Sure, it was marred by a couple of small flaws, but it was still so damn fucking great.

The ONLY reason why everyone should read ShiniKiss is because Shizuku's is an awesome imouto. Oh btw, Honoka's route sucks, please avoid it.

Why in the flying fuck did Kangoku Senkan has more stars than Saya no Uta. . . I don't care what you "think", this is just WRONG.

**Harukoi Otome ~Otome no Sono de Gokigenyou~ (This is the Koihime Musou spinoff)

**Kikouyoku Senki Tenkuu no Yumina (Yumina the Ethereal)

-Orion Heart

**Princess Waltz

-Soul Link

-Suika

-Todoroke Seiki no Daihatsumei Ai to Okori to Kanashimi no Himitsu Kessha Dai Ni Kagakubu

-Imouto Ijime

***Kangoku Senkan

***Tears to Tiara

Harukoi Otome shouldn't be called as Koihime Musou spin-off, it came out a few years before they even made Koihime Musou. lol Also, it's shitty and yawnfest. Don't fucking bother. God, I hate that game!

The rest of them list here is pure garbage.

=====Translation by end of 2014=====

*Koiken Otome [Live TL] {VNTLS}

**Lamune [Live TL] {VNTLS}

**Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~ [Live TL] {VNTLS}

***Soukou Kijo Iris (7-18-2014)

Subashit!

=====Translation Later than 2014=====

***White Album 2 [Live TL] {VNTLS}

-Hatsuyuki Sakura [Dead TL] {VNTLS}

*Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort [Live TL] {VNTLS}

-Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate [Dead TL] {VNTLS}

-Kurukuru Fanatic [Dead TL] {VNTLS}

***Shin Koihime † Musou ~Otome Ryouran ☆ Sangokushi Engi~ [Live TL]

**Concerto Note [Dead TL]

*Walkure Romanze ~Shoujo Kishi Monogatari~ [Live TL?] {VNTLS}

*Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake [Live TL] {VNTLS - MangaGamer}

**Amairo IsleNauts [Live TL] {VNTLS}

I won't respond to this shit. lol

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Kangoku Senkan has more stars because of personal reasons that involved tequila shots, a dare, 40$, and my friend's laptop for Google.

I thought as much about Ayakashibito. Will read.

White Album I expect to get finished in the next year or two so I want it downloaded, same with the other Koihime game. The hard debate comes with Walkure and Amairo. Still want to hear more about Concerto though, and if you guys think it will ever get finished. Finally, Iris is getting finished soon and I'm actually interested in that one, don't judge.

Also, do you guys have anything more to recommend as far as what I should download ahead of time? I'll link you to my VNDB list, if it's on this list, DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. I HAVE ALREADY SEEN IT AND CONSIDERED IT. Also, this list isn't even up to date, over half of these I've finished by now anyways, so likely if it's mainstream I've read it, even if this list says I haven't:

http://vndb.org/u47792/list

Edited by Shadolance
White Album I expect to get finished in the next year or two so I want it downloaded, same with the other Koihime game. The hard debate comes with Walkure and Amairo. Still want to hear more about Concerto though, and if you guys think it will ever get finished. Finally, Iris is getting finished soon and I'm actually interested in that one, don't judge.

Do remember it's entirely possible that Shin KM might be picked up as an official release. In that case there won't be a patch for the Japanese version and you'll have used your hard drive space for nothing.

Also, do you guys have anything more to recommend as far as what I should download ahead of time? I'll link you to my VNDB list, if it's on this list, DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. I HAVE ALREADY SEEN IT AND CONSIDERED IT. Also, this list isn't even up to date, over half of these I've finished by now anyways, so likely if it's mainstream I've read it, even if this list says I haven't:

shadolance's visual novel list

Just glancing through the list...I don't see Bible Black. God, I'm old. But I liked the anime when I was younger, and the VN is a fun way to kill an afternoon or two.

In that case there won't be a patch for the Japanese version and you'll have used your hard drive space for nothing.

I lolled when I saw Boku ga Tenshi ni Natta Wake.

Just glancing through the list...I don't see Bible Black. God, I'm old. But I liked the anime when I was younger, and the VN is a fun way to kill an afternoon or two.

I second this.

Also, I didn't see Demonbane, Danganronpa, 999, Rewrite, Dra†KoI, Kikokugai, and Hanachirasu on your list. Go play all these shits. Hell, start reading one of Nitro+ games already, damn it.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

I actually recently added Boku ga Tenshi, haven't played it yet. I HAVE however played Bible black... that was... interesting (SHALLNEVERTOUCHAGAININMYLIFE).

I have dengaroppa downlaoded, and demonbane I have played, just not added. I hate DraKoi, and I don't know the other two.

(SHALLNEVERTOUCHAGAININMYLIFE)

Yep, that's the reaction of someone who played Bible Black alright. I wonder why Sei games gets no love in the states anymore.

I'm running low on recommendations, but how about Brave Soul. It's a B- HJRPG, but it's inoffensive and has a cute catgirl. Plus, it wasn't made in RPGMaker, which is always a positive for that kind of thing.

Your college has a fucking firewall? Where do you go, Bob Jones University?

I was saying firewall because it's simpler for non-IT people to understand. If you want it specifically, it's a dualband router setup with the second layer router used as a DMZ zone that filters multiaccess connections, such as torrents. We asked them to implement a layer 3 switch instead, but they don't want to hire the IT crew to implement it. It's not that I would get in too much TROUBLE for torrenting, it's just that I can't, physically. And before anyone goes and tells me to port forward, a dualband router setup means it MUST go through one router to get to the higher layer network router that provides direct internet.

This cracked me up

What about that is so funny? 0_o

Yep, that's the reaction of someone who played Bible Black alright. I wonder why Sei games gets no love in the states anymore.

I'm running low on recommendations, but how about Brave Soul. It's a B- HJRPG, but it's inoffensive and has a cute catgirl. Plus, it wasn't made in RPGMaker, which is always a positive for that kind of thing.

It looks pretty good to me, but I actually haven't played it. I may have heard it mentioned once or twice in the past, but it doesn't look half bad, at least as an RPG. The thing about me is that I'm not a huge fan of pixels, really just turns me off unless it's hardcore 8-bit, in which case I was probably INTENTIONALLY looking for 8-bit. That being said, if you are okay with the graphics, by all means give it a shot. I personally preferred Kamidori as an RPG. Crazy long game, I clocked about 500 hours on it over the course of 2ish years. Tons of stuff to do and has replay value like a boss. However, having said that, it's a very involved game that requires time and no small amount of thinking to play.

Edited by Shadolance