Visual Novels Translation Status [07/06/2014]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this tweet

and decided to investigate.

Some of you probably know that there's some machine translation or whatever in existence for Soukoku no Arterial... with proper interface translations though (I think). Anyway, now a guy called Sable Crow has decided to manually translate the story in it. So now it's definitely worth mentioning.

You can decide for yourselves whether you think this is gonna get anywhere or not.

Project page on VNDB: Soukoku no Arterial eng patch

Project site: Arterial of Origins - English Translation Patches | Nekohen

aside from conversation/dialogue that MT do, the translations were decent enough, imo

prologue that sable crow manually translating not bad too.. it' worth waiting at least,

I just hope for good progress, not suddenly stalled or something like that...

Well the prologue is not that bad, especially before imoutos screen before suddenly back to Japan text until the opening. After that is MT which the quality is, well crap. But you can still pick up some dialogue if the girl is talking though (like Kamidori only girl are voiced) and the text at least will help to figure it out (obviously not if one fluent at reading Japan and not using dialogue patch)

Anyway I will say that I looking forward to the manual translation patch that will be 100% translated all the dialogue. For the patch I did checking using 100% save file there are some untranslated h-scene though but all the ending is MT so yeah using the patch or not is up to you of course

In this chance, could the admin upload Soukoku no Arterial also? No need to be with partial patch, just in Japanese section game if that would be enough thanks in advance

@killer if you refer to the beginning I was using the patch from the beginning and looks like it is already translated since the quality is better than some later part. There some Japanese term though but I guess is torelable like kaichou onii-chan anata. I never play MT version for that part though

^

What you're saying is that the MT is not bad, but also, the normal TL isn't bad either? I would expect the TL from Sable Crow to be much better. Has anyone else read the normal prologue TL and compared it?

no no, maybe I put my word badly

MT is annoying, really.. what I meant is, the one that they do manually (interface, and some prologue) was good enough,

if you comparing it with MT, of course Sable crow TL much more better..