Visual Novels Translation Status [07/13/2014]

well then why not try to encourage this translator instead of just talk about how you expect it to die out.

I like this guy.

Also, question about Meikyuu: I know it says dead for at least 6 months, and I know it's because the TL got hired for another VN that he was more inclined to do, but when does that 6 month period end? Any news on when it will get started back up?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever played Long Live The Queen? I've just heard of it and it sounds pretty interesting. Not sure if I want to buy it yet though...

I bought it awhile back. it's "o.k." for a OELVN. It's about a days worth of playthrough. Writing is abit weak, but makes up that shortcoming with all the branching possibilities (based on choices and skills).

I like this guy.

Also, question about Meikyuu: I know it says dead for at least 6 months, and I know it's because the TL got hired for another VN that he was more inclined to do, but when does that 6 month period end? Any news on when it will get started back up?

Honestly, if I were to hazard a guess I would aim for 2016 tbh - assuming he doesn't get sick of TLing. It really depends on the pace his current project is going at, and whatever life events happen between now and it's completion. Might be sooner if Meikyuu has more then one person manning the TL role, but dunno.

So far in the future I'm not even going to worry about it.

Edited by Some guy
(
)

Me likey.

Looking good - though we can probably expect the skirt to be lengthened by the time it goes live on Steam, its abit short for a girl of that depicted age. (Or at least, I can presume that's what Steam will assume if it wants to avoid ruffling too many feathers out there in the publics eye)

MY only complaint is the hair - I kinda prefer it the other way - straight and plain, just fits her better~

do you know of the differences from the original Fate/Stay night when compared to realta nua? if there is any.

Voices and better art i think... Realta Nua is taking things from console edition, it was better from what i remember but it wasnt finished before.

Voices and better art i think... Realta Nua is taking things from console edition, it was better from what i remember but it wasnt finished before.

Actually Realta Nua has the same art iirc.

Other differences aside from the first pc ver from the realta pc version is that it has 3 openings (from vita version), all animated (ufotable ftw) for every route, new scenes added and some lines deleted and replaced. Also the patch comes with a feature to enable the H-scenes (some with voices, which the pc ver didn't have) and to remove the mosaic censorship. It says that the H-scene enable feature can make the more violent scenes from the game reappear in the game.

From this info you can say this is a good fusion product of original pc version and both ps2 and ps vita's realta nua version.

More info on:

Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] PC version Mirror Moon TL insertion project

Looks good anyone tried the patch? Can I request the patch to be uploaded here in add on file? Sorry and thanks. To be honest the reason is MEGA is quite a pain to use from my laptop. Sometimes not working and sometimes working very well but stopped near the end.

By the way the patch only working with digital version so I give torrent link here NT > Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] for Windows

Thanks in advance once again and sorry if it's wrong game

I dont know if somebody as written it befor in a another post but it seems like Staircase sub are back with Drau riot and all route exept of Miu are Transletet. Prologue: 1411/1411

Common: 7810/7810

Azusa: 10594/10594

Elina: 9584/9584

Miu: 0/10474

Rio: 9495/9495

Bonus: 4339/4339

Total: 43233/53707

I have seen the past post of the translator Insem (Staircase Sub), and it seems he will not be translating any more of the Dracu riot VN anytime soon. BUT, there is a separate translator (Kousetsu Translations | Home of the freelancing translator Ryukito.) who may give Dracu riot a chance if there is no more hope from any other translation teams.

Edited by Shirogane

Insem once posted mysterious numbers which were probably translated lines for last route. Since then he didnt even mention anything about translating and its been few months ago. You can check his twitter here. Hopefully he still translates it and will be done... someday... In the meantime some group wanted to take his translation and finish it but didnt get what he already translated and started from the beggining( at least i think they did, they may have very well gave up already). You can find that conversation with him on twitter too.

Insem once posted mysterious numbers which were probably translated lines for last route. Since then he didnt even mention anything about translating and its been few months ago. You can check his twitter here. Hopefully he still translates it and will be done... someday... In the meantime some group wanted to take his translation and finish it but didnt get what he already translated and started from the beggining( at least i think they did, they may have very well gave up already). You can find that conversation with him on twitter too.

in all honesty I wouldent even consider Staircase anymore, Insem has not really made any attempts to refute the claims circulating across the web, nor showed interest in communicating the intentions of the group. The pessamist in me thinks he just gets kicks from being ambigous, and the realist in me assumes the lack of communication means there is no intention to continue.

Sure, the whole "not saying anything might mean he will suprise everyone" is a nice thought, but I'm a far too jaded of a person to be that wishful :p

in all honesty I wouldent even consider Staircase anymore, Insem has not really made any attempts to refute the claims circulating across the web, nor showed interest in communicating the intentions of the group. The pessamist in me thinks he just gets kicks from being ambigous, and the realist in me assumes the lack of communication means there is no intention to continue.

Sure, the whole "not saying anything might mean he will suprise everyone" is a nice thought, but I'm a far too jaded of a person to be that wishful :p

Yeah, at this point we can only hope he will deliver, but its not like he didnt say anything. He gave us numbers of how far he is in translation.

I could not have said it any better. :)

for anyone who is gonna play the realta nua version of fate stay night, if you put all the patches in (according to the readme that comes with it, and using the torrent link in a earlier comment) and you crash at the prologue, take out the opening patches from the folder and go through again, this'll let the main title screen appear, then you can put them back in again no problem. (at least thats how it was for me)

for anyone who is gonna play the realta nua version of fate stay night, if you put all the patches in (according to the readme that comes with it, and using the torrent link in a earlier comment) and you crash at the prologue, take out the opening patches from the folder and go through again, this'll let the main title screen appear, then you can put them back in again no problem. (at least thats how it was for me)

I had the same problem and found out it was the H patch that was causing it.

The read me was wrong, you have to put each H patch in their own folder, FateH go in Fate folder, UBWH got in the UBW folder and HFH got in the HF folder everything else go in the usual place.

Is it just me, or is installation for visual novels unrealistically difficult compared to other software/games? End up spending more time trying to install the damn games than playing them. Oyako Lesson and Pick Me Honey are two of the WORST to have to install, damn near impossible. In all honesty though, it's usually those MG nukiges that are the hardest...

maybe you just did it wrong. the only time i have issues installing a vn is when i patch it in the wrong order or skip a step. if all else fails try telling it you love it and then beating the vn with a hammer till it works. or, you know, you could just ask what you f'ed up in the sb and go over how you installed it then we can tell you the correct way to install it.

Is it just me, or is installation for visual novels unrealistically difficult compared to other software/games? End up spending more time trying to install the damn games than playing them. Oyako Lesson and Pick Me Honey are two of the WORST to have to install, damn near impossible. In all honesty though, it's usually those MG nukiges that are the hardest...

VN installations (raw or otherwise) are the same as any other installation. No idea what you're talking about.