Visual Novels Translation Status [10/05/2014]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not Yaoi, it's when the whole group remains as friends and romance never really happens. I believe it's what happens if you don't answer the final part of Momoyo's route correctly, she turns you down the third time after your date and you all remain friends.

The bonus to that scene is that you get to see them all grown up at the end when they have the 50-year flower scene. If you play any other route it just tells you what happens without a picture, but if you play the Kazama route you get to see everyone grown up. This is only speculation based on the CG I've seen though. I don't think the Moro/Gakuto Routes are that much different either, just different "best friend" role.

I see, kinda like sunohara from clannad - not a romance route, but still worth going through.

This stuff will be based on the official all-ages versions which have nothing but the explicit scenes cut with a lot of the lead-ins retained, and sex in the story retained. The bath scene with sachi doesn't have her giving yuuji a handjob but she still washes his back with her tits. It's not a moenovel hackjoob, but a cut made by the original creators in a way they'd be satisfied with.

And they still haven't actually ruled out an 18+ release somewhere other than steam.

It's not a moenovel hackjoob, but a cut made by the original creators in a way they'd be satisfied with.

2011-12-29 18+ Grisaia no Meikyuu - Trial Edition --

2012-02-24 18+ Grisaia no Meikyuu --

2014-10-30 17+ Grisaia no Meikyuu --

2014-10-30 17+ Grisaia no Meikyuu

So it's based on the 17+ PSP/PSV version which isn't even released yet?

Well, yes. The PSV version will have been out for quite some time before SP even begins working on Meikyuu. Keep in mind that Koestl is not going to start on Meikyuu until he finishes Gahkthun, and GnK is still at least several months away from release.

They've already announced that their GnK localization will be based on the Vita version.

Edited by Decay

Probably no one else gives a shit about this, but still:

They've improved the sprites. Rena's hat got a bit bigger, which is good because the first version definitely had a small one compared to the original sprite. I like it. Now it makes more sense. And secondly, Mion's chest area... I don't even need to explain that one.

http://i.imgur.com/RT1Vo2b.jpg

(This is the first version of Mion's sprite, in case you were wondering what that looked like. Rena's as well.)

http://i.imgur.com/LCd30YC.png http://i.imgur.com/Ym1yEBW.png

There'll be more improvements for the rest of the characters as well later on, so that's good. If I had to guess: Less visible muscles on Tomitake, a more flat dress for Chie, probably some stuff on Takano, etc.

Edited by Harlequin
Is it the Hongfire Machine Translator dude, or another guy?

not sure who that guy is but this seems like a different group. They started last September. Here's the Translator's page DYJ Translations . Since playing Kamidori, I've been a fan of Eushully and I'm glad that this is happening.

Progress:

Prologue :

Translated: 20.5%

Edited: 20.5%

Tested : 20.5%

BTW I'm not sure that I saw these on the list but http://vndb.org/v10304 (total is at 45% complete) and http://vndb.org/v370 (total 88% translated and 49% Edited) are also being translated.

Edited by ultimumknight

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki is listed as SakuSaku.

The other one, KoiTate, isn't listed. It's not all that organized as a project and the guy behind it wasn't giving concrete numbers on it very often. Basically some people at Fuwanovel resumed where the old translation left off, and also ended up retranslating and editing a lot of the old translation because it was actually really bad.

Also, more Grisaia related news! Someone is working on that magical girl spinoff title, and is already nearly halfway done: Idol Mahou Shoujo Chiru Chiru

not sure who that guy is but this seems like a different group. They started last September. Here's the Translator's page DYJ Translations . Since playing Kamidori, I've been a fan of Eushully and I'm glad that this is happening.

Progress:

Prologue :

Translated: 20.5%

Edited: 20.5%

Tested : 20.5%

BTW I'm not sure that I saw these on the list but Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki (total is at 45% complete) and Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate - The Code Name is "Shield 9" (total 88% translated and 49% Edited) are also being translated.

There's a person on Hongfire, who has their own website whose name escapes me at the moment, that machine translates all of Eushully's games.

But this appears to be a different, and much better, group. I wish them all luck.

Man I hope Shield 9 gets finished one day. I was bummed the first time it died.

Eh?Someone took up shield 9 again?Where exactly did you get the translation info?Do you have the translator's page?

I played the partials on shield 9 and I liked the game, it's not the stuff of ages mind you but it's pretty fun.

Hmmm I thought that Shield 9 game got dropped awhile back. The partial they released had quite a few errors but it was somewhat interesting. Nice to see someone is picking it up again. Though I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm really happy to see someone translating another Eushully game. I'm a huge fan of gameplay VNs and I hope it goes somewhere.