What eroges are you playing right now?

Just recently got done with Episode 1 of Higurashi. Yea, "just" the first episode. The thing is, reading through the entirety of that very first episode was incredibly fun. I simply did not expect it to be so good this early on. But ooooh yes it was.

[spoiler=Higurashi EP1]You know, there were so many great and entertaining mystery/creepy moments that happened in this episode. Yes, too many for me to mention here to be honest. But here are some of them at least:

(1.) While Keiichi tries to get the Kenta-kun doll out from the garbage dump, Rena goes off to get some tea (and an axe...). Keiichi finds a stack of newspapers and discovers that one of them has to do with the lynching murder + dismemberment, which is some worrying stuff alright. Rena eventually comes back with the tea and axe... and... it starts getting really ominous. The cry of the higurashi has a different tone to it than usual. It's darker, louder, and there's a low rumbling sound mixed with it. I think this is the first time you get to hear this particular higurashi sound, and you just friggin' know that something is bad/wrong when you hear it. Small moment, but still memorable to me. It made me really paranoid - perhaps for the first time in the VN.

(2.) The first encounter with Rena's evil eyes. I jumped in my chair when they popped up. I had my head close to the screen at that point, and yes, I was reading it alone in the dark at night. Suffice it to say, it was scary and disturbing. The thng is, you knew something "interesting" was going to happen. After all, Keiichi just asked what Rena and Mion was hiding from him. My anticipation was so damn high, and then THAT happened. Memorable indeed. Amazing.

(3.) As if the VN wasn't scary enough after the first evil eyes encounter! That moment when Kei's dad comes in with snacks/food/whatever while Keiichi is talking with Ooishi over the phone. It gets revealed that Rena came over to their house, and Keiichi slowly comes to the conclusion that she had been standing outside his simple screen door for one hour, listening in on his conversation with Ooishi. Oh. My. God. The MENTAL IMAGE and the IDEA of it. It's all about that. She was behind that door all that time, with those murderous and creepy looking eyes, just listening in. All of it is described with just text, but in a brilliant way that really gets to you.

(4.) Rena and Mion visiting Kei's house and bringing the food with them. Double pair of evil eyes! All of what transpired during that time was creepy and menacing, including the part when Mion opens up the door again slightly after leaving and stares at Keiichi through the opening. "I don't want you to be absent from school tomorrow, OKAY?" Again, the mental image of it...

(5.) The moment when Keiichi tries to ambush his follower/stalker, and it turns out to be Rena... WITH A CLEAVER IN HAND AND DEMONIC EYES AT THE READY. Screen turns completely red. BAM! Also, the chase that occurs afterwards, with Rena's one of a kind laugh. "Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

(6.) Keiichi running away from the people who came with the white station wagon. During his escape, he mentions the higurashi a few times. It's memorable, because it's just so very mysterious and ominous. "... It's the crying voice of the victims who tried to warn me of something but couldn't. Am I... joining them?"

"Only the higurashi knows."

Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

what6.jpg

Now, on to the next episode! Have to wait for nighttime though in order to read again, just like with Saya no Uta. Yes, TRUST ME, reading it with this setup - Night, complete dark, alone, headphones (loud volume) - makes a difference. It does.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just recently got done with Episode 1 of Higurashi. Yea, "just" the first episode. The thing is, reading through the entirety of that very first episode was incredibly fun. I simply did not expect it to be so good this early on. But ooooh yes it was.

[spoiler=Higurashi EP1]You know, there were so many great and entertaining mystery/creepy moments that happened in this episode. Yes, too many for me to mention here to be honest. But here are some of them at least:

(1.) While Keiichi tries to get the Kenta-kun doll out from the garbage dump, Rena goes off to get some tea (and an axe...). Keiichi finds a stack of newspapers and discovers that one of them has to do with the lynching murder + dismemberment, which is some worrying stuff alright. Rena eventually comes back with the tea and axe... and... it starts getting really ominous. The cry of the higurashi has a different tone to it than usual. It's darker, louder, and there's a low rumbling sound mixed with it. I think this is the first time you get to hear this particular higurashi sound, and you just friggin' know that something is bad/wrong when you hear it. Small moment, but still memorable to me. It made me really paranoid - perhaps for the first time in the VN.

(2.) The first encounter with Rena's evil eyes. I jumped in my chair when they popped up. I had my head close to the screen at that point, and yes, I was reading it alone in the dark at night. Suffice it to say, it was scary and disturbing. The thng is, you knew something "interesting" was going to happen. After all, Keiichi just asked what Rena and Mion was hiding from him. My anticipation was so damn high, and then THAT happened. Memorable indeed. Amazing.

(3.) As if the VN wasn't scary enough after the first evil eyes encounter! That moment when Kei's dad comes in with snacks/food/whatever while Keiichi is talking with Ooishi over the phone. It gets revealed that Rena came over to their house, and Keiichi slowly comes to the conclusion that she had been standing outside his simple screen door for one hour, listening in on his conversation with Ooishi. Oh. My. God. The MENTAL IMAGE and the IDEA of it. It's all about that. She was behind that door all that time, with those murderous and creepy looking eyes, just listening in. All of it is described with just text, but in a brilliant way that really gets to you.

(4.) Rena and Mion visiting Kei's house and bringing the food with them. Double pair of evil eyes! All of what transpired during that time was creepy and menacing, including the part when Mion opens up the door again slightly after leaving and stares at Keiichi through the opening. "I don't want you to be absent from school tomorrow, OKAY?" Again, the mental image of it...

(5.) The moment when Keiichi tries to ambush his follower/stalker, and it turns out to be Rena... WITH A CLEAVER IN HAND AND DEMONIC EYES AT THE READY. Screen turns completely red. BAM! Also, the chase that occurs afterwards, with Rena's one of a kind laugh. "Aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

(6.) Keiichi running away from the people who came with the white station wagon. During his escape, he mentions the higurashi a few times. It's memorable, because it's just so very mysterious and ominous. "... It's the crying voice of the victims who tried to warn me of something but couldn't. Am I... joining them?"

"Only the higurashi knows."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7748[/ATTACH]

Now, on to the next episode! Have to wait for nighttime though in order to read again, just like with Saya no Uta. Yes, TRUST ME, reading it with this setup - Night, complete dark, alone, headphones (loud volume) - makes a difference. It does.

Glad you are enjoying it so much :) CONTINUE I cannot wait to read your review of it

Finally finished the 5 heroines' route in Rewrite. My favourite heroines are Shizuru, Kotori and Lucia. The best route definitely was Shizuru's so far, but I'm pretty sure the Moon and Terra routes will be better; too bad I can't read them yet. I would recommend to read Kotori's route first, I can't really say why, since it would spoil the whole route. I really liked all of the routes, but if I must choose the weakest in terms of emotional engagement, then it would be Chihaya's, though it was pretty good as well, I think. Lucia's route is somewhat independent from the others, you will understand once you read it. Good point there wasn't any character I hated or even disliked. Okay, now I'm going to read Kara no Shoujo.

If anyone wants an "official" route order recommendation: Kotori first, Akane last, the rest up to you.

You better believe that line.

Edit : In my opinion | Kotori -> Shizuru -> Lucia/Asterix -> Akane | is the best route order.

Edited by OneManArmy

Well all my old eroges got deleted when my old laptop died...

and i dont feel like starting them all over again...

So i got new eroges to play on my new laptop

pantsu ni natte kun kun pero pero

and Flyable Heart -The future is always connected.-

They are both untranslated and when i play untranslated eroges have to pick ones with either not so interesting stories or fully voiced because i cant read adult level kanji T.T

Episode 2 of Higurashi completed. Yea I know what you're thinking - who friggin' cares if I've finished one episode of this one VN. But goddamnit, I haven't had these feelings that you can get from a mystery story in a looong time. YU-NO felt different, yes, even though it was really great. Higurashi makes you highly paranoid and worried, which is exactly what I like the most. I'm happy. :D

Well, I said episode 1 was incredibly fun. And it was, it was very good. But... episode 2... ... ... ... ... ... it was better. It's all on a different level now. Let's just leave it at that.

Actually no, let's leave it with this, just for kicks:

DO NOT check it out if you have not finished at least episode 2 of Higurashi -

[spoiler=Higurashi EP2]Kee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

[spoiler=Higurashi EP2]hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee

[spoiler=Higurashi EP2]Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee

[spoiler=Higurashi EP2]HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

[spoiler=Higurashi EP2]KEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE.jpg

... And no, that was not the best part about the episode. A memorable moment though, in any case.

Moving on then, to episode 3. Maybe I can actually avoid the feeling of wanting to make a post like this after that episode... well, who knows.

Episode 2 of Higurashi completed. Yea I know what you're thinking - who friggin' cares if I've finished one episode of this one VN. But goddamnit, I haven't had these feelings that you can get from a mystery story in a looong time. YU-NO felt different, yes, even though it was really great. Higurashi makes you highly paranoid and worried, which is exactly what I like the most. I'm happy. :D

Well, I said episode 1 was incredibly fun. And it was, it was very good. But... episode 2... ... ... ... ... ... it was better. It's all on a different level now. Let's just leave it at that.

[spoiler=Higurashi EP2][ATTACH=CONFIG]7847[/ATTACH]

... And no, that was not the best part about the episode. A memorable moment though, in any case.

Moving on then, to episode 3. Maybe I can actually avoid the feeling of wanting to make a post like this after that episode... well, who knows.

hmmm..i smell something like an avatar change soon XD

[spoiler=Higurashi EP2][ATTACH=CONFIG]7847[/ATTACH]

Ill just leave this here

oh speaking of higurashi, i forgot to mention the vn im playing on systems other than the PC

IOS (IPAD,iphone)

-Higurashi no naku koro ni (im on the last one, Himatsubushi-hen)

-MoeGaku

PSP

-Lucky Star ~Ryouou Gakuen Outousai~

-The Idol Master (if it counts)

-Kono Bushitsu wa Kitaku Shinai Bu ga Senkyo Shimashita. Portable (why is this one not on vndb.com??)

Oh yea and ofcorse i cant defy "time physics" so i play most of these on and off

playing snow sakura. Another faceless protagonist. sigh

can't say much about the characters since i just started, but the perverted male friend is getting on my nerves and so is saki. Maybe i set the bar too high because i just finished reading little busters