What eroges are you playing right now?

Coμ, and by god it's terrible.

Incredibly awkward fighting scenes that make little to no sense at all: Bite of the arm of a quick and agile fighter, -> no follow-up, tell the other person you're with to run away instead of finishing off a weakened opponent that is much faster than you, giving them the chance to recover and kill you, which obviously doesn't actually happen because *plot convenience*

And then the constant "the attack is too fast, we cannot dodge it, it is impossible to dodge the attack, the attack cannot be dodged, we were about to be hit by the attack that we could not dodge and it would be fatal.... ..... ..... but we blocked it with a shield lolololz. It's already blatantly obvious what's going to happen and the exchange just gets dragged on for way too long with no actual tension, and this happens every fucking fight, every fucking time.

The characters go from "omg battles, monsters, they're trying to kill us" to SoL comedy mode every other line (One character just nearly got killed twice, yet the thing that finally gets to her is the fact that someone called her flat-chested... riiiiight) I mean, at least have some god damned consideration for the fact that you nearly got killed and there's huge fucking monsters out to end your life and no one is going to help you against them, you're on your own.... "Oh but these potato chips are delicious!" Fuck me.... I guess Muv-Luv spoiled me with characters actually reacting to danger as if it was significant and dangerous...

And then there's that fucking Kagome, if there is one thing I despise in stories it is when a character is effortlessly flawless, Kagome is amazing at everything she does for absolutely no reason other than that the writer decided she was to be competent at everything. She just *happens* to be an amazing fighter, despite never/rarely training or sparring, she just *happens* to be an amazing judge of character and personality despite never really interacting with people, she just *happens* to be an amazing cook for no goddamn reason either and she just *happens* to have an amazing figure too. Fucking fanfic character is what that is, and she obviously just goes along with what's happening in the story even though she isn't involved at all and nobody really takes note of it either, she just *happens* to be there, and that's just the way it is.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just finished collage.it was fair.it also happened to be the first time i play a VN after nearly 2 years.

Just looked that up... what in the heck is that o_0

..i think there are too many people who have played this and rated it

also, you come back after 2 years to that one? lol

Just looked that up... what in the heck is that o_0

..i think there are too many people who have played this and rated it

also, you come back after 2 years to that one? lol

it reads like a dorama.

and yeah ive read every goddamn VN known to mankind since i can read weaboo-lingo, so there is not much left.... except rewrite, i dropped that one....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing through the first part of Monster Girl Quest. Yea. That happened. I've been curious to see what the story is really like in this, because I'm pretty sure people have said that it's good. Or decent at least? And the third part of the series is very highly rated, so there's that.

Well from what I've seen so far, it's actually not that bad. Not amazing, but not bad. I like the dialogue between the protag and Alice. It can be funny or a bit thoughtful at times.

The combat is pretty good too, at least on hard difficulty. For the most part it's very easy, but since you unlock new skills as you go along, it has the potential to get more tactical I think.

As for the monster girls themselves... I mean, I tend to like monster girls in general, but the majority in this game are just weird and disgusting as hell. It has to do with the artists really. Only a few of them are good in my eyes. The one who does Alice for example - great style there.

I like the fact that it feels like a real journey. That's probably one of the best things about it. There's even an appropriate tag for it on VNDB - Odyssey.

Dunno if I'll continue with the second part right away after I finish this one... maybe something else instead.

Edited by Harlequin
typo
  • 1 month later...

Danganronpa 2. I'm not literally playing it since I don't even have a Vita to begin with, so no it doesn't quite count for this thread. But I'm watching a let's play of it that I think is good. And I wanted to comment on the game. I just "finished" case 2 in it.

Holy fuck. The murder mysteries are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than they were in Danganronpa 1. At least these first two are. So much more mysterious and intriguing. The first case in DR2 compared to the first case in DR1? ... ... ... yea, no, there's no fucking competition. Way more interesting stuff. Same with the second case, in my opinion. But yes it is the sequel, so it's not that surprising. Overall it's better than DR1 so far.

• 3 weeks later...
Danganronpa 2. I'm not literally playing it since I don't even have a Vita to begin with, so no it doesn't quite count for this thread. But I'm watching a let's play of it that I think is good. And I wanted to comment on the game. I just "finished" case 2 in it.

I bought a damn Vita just so I could played it. Finished it last month. This game is so fucked up. (in a good way)

On topic: Playing Cartagra now.

If my Heart had wings (patched with the hscenes/better english).

Dear god, I may have to drop this one...its... just... so... boring. :(

I want to like it - the characters are actually fairly interesting and have potential - but so far, 90% of the text is aerodynamics and planes. /snores (yes I know it's a VN about a airplane club, but seriously, they need a life outside of it too, right!?)

Edited by Some guy
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...