What eroges are you playing right now?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the verge of dropping a vn for the first time, Comyu. I don't like chuuni and started this one ready to close an eye about that in deference to its other qualities, but at this point chuuni doesn't even register as a problem anymore in my book.

I'm pretty much at the start of the last third of Benio's route but I don't think I can win this battle.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Majikoi

I didn't expect this to live up to its reputation and in fact it's not really surprising me, but still I'm enjoying it to some degree. The Kazama Family bunch is nothing I would spend time talking about, but this game has a lot of side characters that probably won't appear on screen long enough to get boring. I've played Yukie and Chris and now I'm starting Momoyo's route.

The prologue part was about fine and I have at least mixed feeling toward Yukie since in her route there's that Wakamoto's voiced badass of the prime minister (and, well, I'll admit that I found the Matsukaze thing to be quite funny), but Chris had no such saving grace. I noticed that I basically like people from 2-S more, Jun is fav chara alongside the prime minister and Kokoro is my fav girl despite not usually being into that kind of character, which is quite strange considered that in this medium I have a bit of a soft spot for genki heroines. Also, I won't name them all but there are a lot of side characters, like Azumi, that strike me the right way.

Also, thumb up for the OST since while I don't really care about voice acting in this medium as long it's somehow proper, in genres like comedy it makes the difference and bgm isn't bad either.

Art looks good, especially the sprites but it has a somewhat low number of CGs that to be fair -when taking into account how expensive this thing got because of voice acting- it's easily forgivable.

I wonder if this game is really 50+ hours long, doesen't look like that for now.

• 2 months later...

I've played Starless for ~7 hours now and still loving it. So far it's been kinky in a good way, no scat or anything too bizarre. I'm not a fan of drinking urine, but I can handle it (not literally). Marisa's voice sounds sometimes exactly like Rin's from FSN which is actually kinda hot :o. Who knows, maybe Rin's voice actress is working under a different name for titles like this...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

15 minutes into The Nameless Game and I'm already too creeped out to continue. It's not even nighttime right now.

[spoiler=Explanation, spoilers (minor?) of the first minutes of the game, all the boxes]- The student protagonist, you, have acquired a "TS" (A Nintendo DS).

- You have an oldschool RPG game on your TS.

- You hear rumours about the game from a female friend at your university. Apparently if you play the game, 7 days later you will die.

- The female friend tells you that her boyfriend has also been playing the game, and hasn't been around for classes for a week.

- She wants you to go check up on him.

- You go to his flat. Now the game (not the RPG) is in first person mode. You get to control the camera and movement, though it's wonky and slow.

http://i.imgur.com/R9K0tZr.png

http://i.imgur.com/YRhwKyx.png

- You call for him, but there's no response. You close the door and ponder on what to do now.

- You hear a running/jogging sound coming from inside the apartment, getting closer and closer. The door unlocks. Then whoever is inside runs away from the door.

- You go inside.

http://i.imgur.com/fMhQkxj.png

- There's a constant atmospheric, creepy and windy sound in the hallway. Also, the sound of a malfunctioning light in the distance, or something similar.

- I'm fucking done.

Almost the exact same thing happened when I tried to play Amnesia myself when that came out in 2010. I cannot handle walking into extremely foreboding and very dark hallways/rooms/houses/other places. It must be one of my biggest fears.

Oh, and I was playing this with headphones, loud volume. Made a huge difference.

Edited by Harlequin

Haven't play a VN since my pc went kaput a couple of month ago. The last VN i play is Grisaia, i think.

Damn it, life. :(

As for Grisaia no Kajitsu, the VN and the protagonist remind me of Sharin no Kuni. Makes me wonder what will happen if the two protagonist cross path.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Playing Rance 03: Fall of Leazus (even though it's not translated yet) because of many reasons...

1) It's a remake of the same title. So, I basically know the whole plot and where to go to advance the story...

2) Finally, a fully-voiced Rance game. Now I can hear Rance's "Gahahahahahaha"-ing intensifies... (Also, helps in understanding the story a little bit if you have basic Japanese...)

3) The gameplay. It's fast and challenging... And not to mention it's a grindfest. Reminds me of Rance Quest for some reason...

4) KANAMIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.otakulair.com/dir/uploads/Rance-03-Kanami-135x300.png

Rance-03-Kanami-135x300.png