If you continue to do something rude after being asked to stop, are you a jack ass?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If you continue to do something rude after being asked to stop, are you a jack ass?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm Pasa, and yes, I'm a jack ass and proud of it.

Xanita always asks me to stop calling him Xanita but I keep doing it anyway because I know he secretly enjoys it.

Sometimes you just have to know how to read between the lines =3

some people just cant be honest with themselves (⌒◡⌒)

I.. i just got here since Monday and i took a tour of what happened since then.

That Scottish vote thread thingy is still active (even though it shouldn't), some guy spamming ABC's like mad in the shoutbox and now this?!

Of course i'm a jackass, if i do something after being asked to stop, and why is pasa involved in that situation?

When i hear someone say stop to something i do, i'll only obey if it's a person or a friend i respect!

That's....not how the world works. At all. I mean...is this supposed to make someone who has offended you back off and say "SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU HAVE RIGHTS!"? Yeah no they'd laugh at you and go back to what they were doing in spades.

also context pls

The right I mention belongs to everyone by virtue of being born until they do something that forfeits it. The fact of the matter is I should not have had to spell that out. Every thinking person should know that by default.

As to "not how the world works", whose fault is that? The world's fault or the fault of the people who live in the world? Most, I grant not all, of society's problems would go away if every body adopted a policy of "You leave me alone, I'll leave you alone."

Technically, I could argue the "world", not the people who live in the world, DOES work that way. The world is completely unbiased. When natural disasters strike, the world doesn't target any one in specific. It doesn't care if people are there or not. The natural disaster happens anyways. The "world" is respecting the rights of people not to be deliberately insulted.

Avenger, people do have the right to free speech. However, making a statement/expressing an opinion etc. in the hearing of somebody you KNOW will be offended by for no other reason than to offend them, and not because you are have a discussion with somebody else is not invoking your right to freedom of speech. It is being a jack ass.

And like I said, the quote in your picture isn't relevant. I've asked everybody who keeps calling me that name derived from a single typo several months ago to stop calling me that. Calling me a name that you know I don't like is not expressing an opinion. It is not covered by free speech. It is being a jack ass.

Also, I point this out as a statement of fact only, this thread is posted under "General Discussions and Debates". Here is the only place on the forum I CAN bicker about this. If I posted this thread on one of eroge related sections, you would be well within your right to request this whole thread be deleted.

Edited by Outpost Omega J

Wat this thread means to the asian and ebola-infested countries

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/freedom-meme.jpg

http://www.troll.me/images2/birthday-african/whats-that-freedom.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/c2/c2c84ac3a5b4d37fa9300b147d3daa42240685c15e4284b5df94e493c1bc57c8.jpg

Edited by switch
Technically, I could argue the "world", not the people who live in the world, DOES work that way. The world is completely unbiased. When natural disasters strike, the world doesn't target any one in specific. It doesn't care if people are there or not. The natural disaster happens anyways. The "world" is respecting the rights of people not to be deliberately insulted.

u wot m8

if the world is completely unbiased it doesn't give a shit about your rights because they work in your favor. taking your natural disaster example, the natural disaster is a bunch of deliberate and whatever the fuck the opposite of that is (liberate?) insults and any affected area is a bunch of people. it shits all over the area no matter who is in it because it's unbiased. some of them see the disaster (insults) as a fact of life and move the fuck on because what else are you going to do, other people cry about it like you do, and a small group of people are standing on the sidelines and laughing.

like what the fuck, if you're trying to have a metaphor then don't destroy it with the very last sentence of your "argument" ffs

People, quit voting for choice three. Pasa already cast his vote on "no" (incorrectly I might add as he should have picked choice 3) and so that option should be remaining at 0.

Check your privelege. I didn't choose to be Pasa, I was just born this way. It's because of oppressors like you that people can't be free to live as they truly are. So take your "poll privilege" and keep it out of my life choices, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Necromancer spell lvl1: Raise thread from teh graveyard.

Someone mentioned about a "new noting trend", so I looked into it, which lead me to Omega, and a quick search in SB Archive leads me to a bunch of retarded spam, to a screenshot of someone admitting of being a Draon, and lastly to this thread.

This is all very hilarious, so thanks draon for making it entertaining, especially this thread. Long live the draon race!

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

Yo,so Outpost you know this is pointless,you say this stuff but you cant hold everyone to your expectations or morals, especially on the internet i think ppl made some light jokes about you when you first came here with the whole dragon thing and made some light fun of you, then from there it seems you took it too hard and acted ,well like this, anywhere you go on the internet someone is going to make fun of you, that's just how it goes, either you deal with it or not, plus everyone here who has commented so far are cool people if you know how to take a joke or a few insults like they can, would make here much more fun for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Kaze, When I first made the typo, I took my ribbing about it in good grace. It was only months after the fact when people were STILL doing it that I started asking people to stop. It wasn't until a month after I asked people to stop and that they were still doing it that I lost my temper. I think I proved with my patience I can take a joke.

I understand the concept of eating my fair share of humble pie, and I've fed others theirs too, but never for more than a few days, tops, then I drop it.

What is a person's malfunction that makes them think it is perfectly acceptable to ignore common courtesy, such as "please", "thank you", and, when you make an honest mistake or accident, "I'm sorry", and replace it with "give me", a complete lack of gratitude, and " YOU!" when the one doing the cussing is the one at fault?

Why do I even have to ask any of this? Were these people abused by their parents or something?

Assuming the idea "Do unto others as you want done to yourself", do these people WANT to be abused? If that's the case, then all they need to do is ask politely. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would oblige them without the need to be insulted first.

To anybody who chooses to reply further to this post, please don't say "That's the way the world is." People make the world the way it is, so people can change to be better. You don't even need to be part of the solution, just stop being part of the problem. If every body quit being part of the problem, their would not be a problem left to need a solution. What ever problems ARE left, would likely only need a relative handful of people to fix.

PS: Any body who specifically responds "That's the way the world is." or some variant of that just because I asked you not to, saying so is not "Free Speech", it's being a jack ass. Saying "That's the way the world is." and trying to justify it with logic that basically amounts to saying "That's the way the world is." is the rough equivalent of a k-5 student explaining his/her actions with "Just because." That's not a reason.

Edited by Outpost Omega J
  • 1 month later...