whats the most important thing in a eroge

whats the most important thing in a eroge  

106 members have voted

1. 1. whats the most important thing in a eroge

AMAZING characters, IMO. Just saying, the games wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting with the formless moe-blobs that inhabit many anime/VNs.

I do agree with you, Art work is importance too, That why I held off trying Higurashi for so long, then out of curiosity I try the Onikakushi

and BAMM instantly hooked which at that point the art work doesnt really matter much anymore.

Imagine if Disney were set up a ride that have the entrance decorated with chearful and childish than about 1/2 way in to the ride

then it just turn into hauted house ride.

That why I enjoy it so much the contradiction of moe and disturbing events.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all i think the characters and the stories, well graphic must be at least acceptable for my standard, music comes later, but well bad music is.. i don't really care about the music anyway, but if the music were good, the eroge would be super wonderful as well..

I do agree with you, Art work is importance too, That why I held off trying Higurashi for so long, then out of curiosity I try the Onikakushi

and BAMM instantly hooked which at that point the art work doesnt really matter much anymore.

Imagine if Disney were set up a ride that have the entrance decorated with chearful and childish than about 1/2 way in to the ride

then it just turn into hauted house ride.

That why I enjoy it so much the contradiction of moe and disturbing events.

basically since we play eroge and .. well art has it's own place and if it were bad, then the eroge itself won't sell imo

basically since we play eroge and .. well art has it's own place and if it were bad, then the eroge itself won't sell imo

that's also true.. sometimes I (and maybe some other people) pick games that I don't know about looking at their covers... if it looks good I give it at least a chance

i don't mind about the graphic bits , even if it's like minecraft i would still plays it for the story , and it would help to having a nice BGM , elevator songs just dont cut it tbh >__>

The music also importance, If it only me that I feel that VN game have some of really good BGM. I once play some upbeat song form VN (dont remember which)

to my ex-GF when I driving and she like it.

"where do you get this song?"

"Ahh hahaha Eroge"

"oh..."

Well at that time she already knew that I play Eroge so there is no problem but still the point is some of the VN BGM out there is really catchy

The music also importance, If it only me that I feel that VN game have some of really good BGM. I once play some upbeat song form VN (dont remember which)

to my ex-GF when I driving and she like it.

"where do you get this song?"

"Ahh hahaha Eroge"

"oh..."

Well at that time she already knew that I play Eroge so there is no problem but still the point is some of the VN BGM out there is really catchy

This was so funny until I remembered the word ex.....Yeah, great songs also make me more hooked to the game itself so it's a must.

I also listened to Rance's final battle song and it became one of my favorite soundtracks. If there are great songs it just makes the game more worthwhile playing.

I cant imagine playing G-senjou without any music or any other of my favorite games.

Voices also make the game more enjoyable. Steins;gate was just fantastic with Okabe's voice.

The most important thing for me in Visual Novels are the characters.

Well, I don't have to like them all, but at least one character should be totally likeable.

A good character is even enough reason for me, to read through a Visual Novel, which has otherwise nothing that interests me, and somehow it always pays off in the end,

since I always ended up liking the routes of the characters I like, undependant of any other things of the VN :p

Thing is when deciding which eroge I'll play or read I base my decision mostly on covers and in-game images hence the importance of graphics.

Though once playing/reading its the story and/or the characters that keep me going, that being said I struggle to tolerate games with crappy graphics.

Thing is when deciding which eroge I'll play or read I base my decision mostly on covers and in-game images hence the importance of graphics.

Though once playing/reading its the story and/or the characters that keep me going, that being said I struggle to tolerate games with crappy graphics.

I used to juged VN from art work like you, untill I took Rena's cleaver in the knee...

Ps. sorry for old gag lol

I used to juged VN from art work like you, untill I took Rena's cleaver in the knee...

Ps. sorry for old gag lol

Please don't refer to that overused Skyrim meme. :/

It's gotten old already.

But yeah, crappy graphics like in really old games doesn't mean that the game is bad at all; in fact, sometimes it may be the best game you've ever played. Analyzing just from the graphics is like saying that all black and white movies are bad when quite a few are a lot better than today's movies.

Please don't refer to that overused Skyrim meme. :/

It's gotten old already.

But yeah, crappy graphics like in really old games doesn't mean that the game is bad at all; in fact, sometimes it may be the best game you've ever played. Analyzing just from the graphics is like saying that all black and white movies are bad when quite a few are a lot better than today's movies.

well i do think like that as well, but i think if the graphics were under average compared to another currently popular games, i think it's going to be hard unless the graphic style is at least doesn't bore you up.. well try playing something old like Desire or Divi Dead, you'll know what i mean.

Character is one of the strongest point i think, i keep coming back on MGQ and can't help pick the 'right' choice just because i can't see Alice's 'sad' face.. how pathetic..

and the music! dammit i forgot about it, i think when it comes to eroge, you can't help but having all of them support each other, if one of them is crappy shitty and annoying, then the eroge won't be parfek

Characters in my opinion. You can have a simple plot/story and can still make up for it by having great characters. I was playing Katawa Shoujo and the plot is very simple... but the characters make playing the whole thing worthwhile.